India vs Australia | 2nd Test | Bangalore | October 9-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mohali was a result pitch without a doubt, flat pitch that got harder and harder to bat on every day. that's a classic test wicket.

Dont bother arguing with him:ibutt.... he'll continue his anti india rant anyways.....

Did anyone notice that difference between sachin and ponting has increased to nearly 2100 runs now.It would be very hard for ponting to catch tendulkar now :(

Did anyone notice that difference between sachin and ponting has increased to nearly 2100 runs now.It would be very hard for ponting to catch tendulkar now :(

Ponting himself has won more test matches than all indian team combined :nehra....Can Sachion match Ponting record...or World CUp trophies or test series win all over the world...:inti

India's day again. They are on course for a 2-0 whitewash in my opinion. A lead of around 150 and then let the spinners do the rest.

Ponting himself has won more test matches than all indian team combined :nehra....Can Sachion match Ponting record...or World CUp trophies or test series win all over the world...:inti

Damien Martyn and Justin Langer has won more test matches than Lara has, so they are far better than Lara.

Martyn has couple world cups to his credits and Lara has not been even to the finals once.. which means Martyn is far better than lara.

Lara has not won a series in India, Sri lanka, south africa and so on.. where as martyn has, so he is a better player than Martyn.

Nice Logic though. Your one point agenda of saying something against India/Sachin in any topic, irrespective of the topic is your USP. keep it up.

Damien Martyn and Justin Langer has won more test matches than Waqar Younis has, so they are far better cricketers than waqar.

Martyn has couple world cups to his credits and waqar has not been even to the finals once.. which means Martyn is far better cricketer than waqar.

waqar has not won a series in Sri lanka, south africa and so on.. where as martyn has, so he is a better cricketer than waqar.

^^

Last edited:
Sachin ne kisi ko bahoot dukhi kiya hai lagta hai :)))

once again we"ve seen a no result pitch in india. No wonder these indian players have such high averages. They play 75% of their matches at home which are batting paradises.

This is a one of the most uninformed post I have read in this forum. You do not have anything to back it up. By the way, If you look at the stats of last 10 years then country with the worst record of no-result pitch would be Pakistan. Indian pitched may be flat mostly but they turn and produce results generally.

WAS...doesn't seem like it now...

3rd day still no signs of difficulty in batting

The real nature of this pitch will be known when Sachin gets out. Also, due to the cloudy conditions most of the times, the pitch has not yet dried properly to become two paced (barring a few balls) or to aid reverse swing.But day 4 and 5 will not be easy for batting, though not as difficult as Mohali. Another reason why batting has looked easy is because Aussies are playing with just 2-1/2 bowlers.

after today's play the odds on the betting exchanges are thus:

4/1 India

17/1 Aussies

1/3 The Draw

I'm already on India at a massive 15/1 and even though I agree that the Draw is the most likely result, I still think India have a fair chance of bowling the Aussies out for around 200 in their second innings. Aussies never score big in 2nd innings when playing on Indian soil imo

after today's play the odds on the betting exchanges are thus:

4/1 India

17/1 Aussies

1/3 The Draw

I'm already on India at a massive 15/1 and even though I agree that the Draw is the most likely result, I still think India have a fair chance of bowling the Aussies out for around 200 in their second innings. Aussies never score big in 2nd innings when playing on Indian soil imo

Just a question, why don't you get on Aus at 17/1? Then any result means you are getting 15-1 or more. Considering India are actually still behind in this game and bat last.....

On to more sobering things, the beating shall continue this morning.

Probably the only useful thing Australia has got from this Test series so far is that Hilfy is a mighty fine bowler. Nothing else really to take out of it.

Probably the only useful thing Australia has got from this Test series so far is that Hilfy is a mighty fine bowler. Nothing else really to take out of it.

The hilf is quality. We need Siddle back.

Want to see india all out at 478,aus getting 275 and setting it up for tommorrow.

He is a very good bowler.....I am impressed

I wish the CricIndia commentators would not refer to our players by their nicknames. Grates on me, it does seeing as they support India and all....

200 up all hail now ^&*& off Tendulkar

This guy is not normal!
I actually think he's currently better then he's ever been!
His form is just mind blasting!

Congrats Sachin!!

He just went past Sanga's average. Now has the highest average amongst active players. If (when) he gets out the average is going to come down a bit. He is beyond Ponting and Lara though.

Really should start belting it now!! Go for a win!!

The guy is taking all records - I hope he at least leaves the MoYo runs in a year record alone, dont be greedy Sachin :D

Though the way he is playing I think he will destroy that record - can easily get 2000 runs the way he is playing

u never know he might just break MOYOs record too....tendlya is exceptional...no match.

meanwhile the run fest continues....

The guy is taking all records - I hope he at least leaves the MoYo runs in a year record alone, dont be greedy Sachin :D

Though the way he is playing I think he will destroy that record - can easily get 2000 runs the way he is playing

look what hes doing to the Aussie bowling attack.....the kiwis will be murdered...

I don't see that record holding up.

Sachin is going to blow past it. At least, it's Tendulkar that will do it. Last year, it was Samaraweera that was going to get close - now that would have been repulsive.

Hey - you never know he might hit a poor patch. Fingers crossed.

I don't see that record holding up.

Sachin is going to blow past it. At least, it's Tendulkar that will do it. Last year, it was Samaraweera that was going to get close - now that would have been repulsive.

Hey - you never know he might hit a poor patch. Fingers crossed.

True - it would be fitting if he gets it

India trail by only 4 runs with 5 wickets remaining - they should up the rate here otherwise this match is heading for a draw (which I guess they are happy with)

I can only see a draw happening now. This pitch and the bowlers from both teams have made it just another draw.
Wish it could go down to the wire like last test, but i dont see it even getting close to that.

Srt is just 815 runs away from 15000 runs mark !

Last edited:
I can only see a draw happening now. This pitch and the bowlers from both teams have made it just another draw.
Wish it could go down to the wire like last test, but i dont see it even getting close to that.

Well India can take it easy as a draw will give them a series win

I would be shocked if there is a result in this game - it is a chance for Sachin to score big really, might as well make the most of it and maybe go for Lara's record

Well India can take it easy as a draw will give them a series win

I would be shocked if there is a result in this game - it is a chance for Sachin to score big really, might as well make the most of it and maybe go for Lara's record

Why would you be shocked if there is a result?

we can extend the lead to 150 playing for an hour after tea.

We have good spinners who can use the deteriorating pitch to their advantage and bowl us to victory.

Every possibility of a result right? Provided Sachin doesnt slow down for his next landmark or tail doesn't collapse.If india gets a handy lead, i doubt the aussies can handle the spinners and save the match.

Another one goes. When we play India it is Laxman and Tendulkar that stop us. The others ride coattails big time.....

Dodgy umpiring saves Zaheer

First wkt for George at the start of the game i had a feeling George will get the wkt of Sachin...but what an innings by the master...Dhoni needs to play a blinder here....some quick fire 70-80 and a lead of 130-140 and India can put pressure on Australia though this test is now heading for a draw

of the eight 200 plus scores against Australia this decade, six have been by Indian batsmen. VVS Laxman and Sachin Tendulkar have scored two each. The only other double centurions are Brian Lara and Paul Collingwood.

azmazing stat

of the eight 200 plus scores against Australia this decade, six have been by Indian batsmen. VVS Laxman and Sachin Tendulkar have scored two each. The only other double centurions are Brian Lara and Paul Collingwood.

azmazing stat

BUT this decade started in January of this year so that stat isn't technically correct

Last edited:
Why would you be shocked if there is a result?

we can extend the lead to 150 playing for an hour after tea.

We have good spinners who can use the deteriorating pitch to their advantage and bowl us to victory.

Every possibility of a result right? Provided Sachin doesnt slow down for his next landmark or tail doesn't collapse.If india gets a handy lead, i doubt the aussies can handle the spinners and save the match.

:)))

"Lara and Collingwood are only two non-Indians to have scored a double ton against Australia in this decade"-cricinfo

thx to hauritz for putting us out of misery. what a boring innings by dhoni couldve ended earlier

Let's see how Aussies approach their innings if they have to win then they must declare today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back