India vs Australia | 2nd Test | Bangalore | October 9-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx to hauritz for putting us out of misery. what a boring innings by dhoni

To be frank its a normal test innings.its people like sewag,gilchrist,hayden etc and formats like T20 which have made normal batting in tests and one days seem boring.

Once again for all the talk, there is little between each side after innings 3 of this series.

Been very very close.

Aussies need to win so they will go hard and then dangle the carrot. I cant see them playing for a draw if they lose with a draw anyway. Will be intresting i think now that i think of the draw as a loss.

I think the Aussies need to bat probably about 45 minutes tomorrow and try to get as close to a lead of 250-275 as they can.

That should be enough to at least dangle the carrot..................

What if dhoni comes with a stunner.Like the last series ,where he set a 7-1 off side field and all balls were directed towards half stump to prevent aussies from scoring lol.

What if dhoni comes with a stunner.Like the last series ,where he set a 7-1 off side field and all balls were directed towards half stump to prevent aussies from scoring lol.

Well India are in the box seat and don't have to win. In the old days they would have done precisely that. If they want to be recognised as number 1 in the world then they have to be positive here and look to bowl the Aussies out to give their batters a chance to chase down a score.

Let see which way India plays it..............it will tell you a lot about the inherent mindset.

Well India are in the box seat and don't have to win. In the old days they would have done precisely that. If they want to be recognised as number 1 in the world then they have to be positive here and look to bowl the Aussies out to give their batters a chance to chase down a score.

Let see which way India plays it..............it will tell you a lot about the inherent mindset.

Ha ha yes.even i want to see a chase tomm with a score of 275 by aussies as said before.

Naah olden days we never got much of the opportunity to do these kind of things lol.Chasing was always a huge problem.we would have been 275 all out first innings and struggling for a draw.

Forget 275 - that's the Aussies target. India should be looking to bowl the Aussies out for less than 200. Going in with a mindset that the Aussies need to set a target gives the initiative away.

We have a sniff. We need big runs from Krapich and Twatto. Give us some kind of target by lunch then hope the pitch breaks up enough for our attack to get rid of Tendy and Sehwag.

Forget 275 - that's the Aussies target. India should be looking to bowl the Aussies out for less than 200. Going in with a mindset that the Aussies need to set a target gives the initiative away.

Ideally they should.Dhoni also takes some nice gambles in the field sometimes.But i feel the bowling line up we have is just above average,too much dependent on zaheer and harbhajan(who is nowhere near his best these days)

We have a sniff. We need big runs from Krapich and Twatto. Give us some kind of target by lunch then hope the pitch breaks up enough for our attack to get rid of Tendy and Sehwag.

Famous last words - but don't expect Sehwag to score heavily on the last day, and probably not Tenders either. The key is Dravid.

Your best chance is to keep Tenders in.............scoring yet another valiant but ultimately losing knock............

Ideally they should.Dhoni also takes some nice gambles in the field sometimes.But i feel the bowling line up we have is just above average,too much dependent on zaheer and harbhajan(who is nowhere near his best these days)

Who dares wins.............however I guess given the lack of firepower I think you're right - we will see defensive bowling and fields.

Famous last words - but don't expect Sehwag to score heavily on the last day, and probably not Tenders either. The key is Dravid.

Your best chance is to keep Tenders in.............scoring yet another valiant but ultimately losing knock............

Why? can they only score on totally flat tracks?

Why? can they only score on totally flat tracks?

If I say that - we will probably get inundated by everyone posting about some fanatastic knock or other.

So here's my take - based on watching the game on grass rather than stats generated in some back office mainframe:-

Sehwag - Has a large gap between bat and pad and relies on pace and bounce to hit through the line on the up. In the 2nd innings the bounce tends to be less predictable and the widening cracks would mean that there should be some deviation off the seam. His technique would suggest that this would be a great challenge for him.

Tedndulkar can score on all kinds of tracks. However he has fallen short in taking India across the winning line in close games - the suggestion being he succumbs to pressure.

Dravid is the wall - he has the technique and temperment to score and fight on all tracks and in all circumstances. He is just out of knick but he is still a dangerous batsman in these circumstances.

Right I'm going now to put on my flak jacket and helmet and head towards the nearest bunker .............

Last edited:
Woeful stuff from Krapich and Twatto :po:

With that I'm off to bed. Bugger staying up past 4 am again :po:

"Harbhajan Singh is the highest wicket taker against Australia this decade with 87 in 15 matches at an average of 28.16. 78 of these have come in home games at an average of 22.96. In 4 away matches, he has just 9 wickets at 73.22"

Cricinfo

Ojha has been the best bowler in this series. Really has been quality throughout.

"Harbhajan Singh is the highest wicket taker against Australia this decade with 87 in 15 matches at an average of 28.16. 78 of these have come in home games at an average of 22.96. In 4 away matches, he has just 9 wickets at 73.22"

Cricinfo

clearly most overrated bowler ever seen.

Cricinfo

Yep and 30 of those came in one series.

I guess some Indian fans will see harbi as the best in world just becuase he does well against Australia.

Aussies lossing wickets regularly as the run rate drops, really struggling against two decent spinners at best.

Looks like India could be chasing something on day 5 to make it 2-0

So obvious Bowden is gona give the Aussies every chance to post a decent score. Umpires always do stuff like this. You don't give the Australian captain out when they need to post a score.

Ponting plumb LBW certainly the first time, and maybe the second if it was pad first too!

said it before, I'll say it again. Ponting and Hussey are not the test batsmen they once were. Ponting is still a gun, just not unstoppable anymore.

I've seen this before against Pak. Basically the umpires are not gona give LBWs. You have to take catches and actually hit the stumps to get guys out.

I've seen this before against Pak. Basically the umpires are not gona give LBWs. You have to take catches and actually hit the stumps to get guys out.

Ok cheers for that, you can start a thread if you want....

Bowden normally is very reluctant to give LBWs, if at all he is given it will be a howler :D :D :D

said it before, I'll say it again. Ponting and Hussey are not the test batsmen they once were. Ponting is still a gun, just not unstoppable anymore.

No kidding mate. We are rubbish these days, going to be 5th in the rankings after losing this series.

Aus batting line up now is like the Indian batting in the late 90's, highly rated but does not deliver consistently.

I think India will have serious trouble chasing a similar target to Mohali without VVS. The Oz are not out of it yet.

Relax dude. I've seen Pak occasionally benefit from the same kinds of decisions too.

But Ponting was plum.

Dude, sometimes the umpires don't give it out when it is out and sometimes they give it out when it isn't. Doesn't mean it is a conspiracy...

I think Rob Key was right - being bowled out might be a blessing in disguise for Ponting. Best chance of an Aussie victory.

Umpires do stuff like this though. Especially Bowden.

I think India will have serious trouble chasing a similar target to Mohali without VVS. The Oz are not out of it yet.

completely agree, with dravid out of form and 3 batsmen (pujara, raina and murali) with less than 10 match experience, India is in for a rude shock this time arnd. However, the best chance for australia to win would be if they get all out for around 220-230. Otherwise Ponting ll keep delaying the declaration for sehwag factor.

on a side note, what a great series! shame it will only be the 2 tests. surely a 3rd test and no ODIS would be a better warm up for the Oz?

completely agree, with dravid out of form and 3 batsmen (pujara, raina and murali) with less than 10 match experience, India is in for a rude shock this time arnd. However, the best chance for australia to win would be if they get all out for around 220-230. Otherwise Ponting ll keep delaying the declaration for sehwag factor.

yeh pretty much. Aussies are without Bollinger though, who always seems to bowl his best defending a target. only MJ and Hilfenhaus really have the ability to bowl India out for 190 in the 4th innings.

What abt michael clarke ? I have never seen him playing an innings of substance in the last 4-5 years, yet he's been called as the future captain of australia, thats shocking. My sense is that at some point in the next 4-6 mnths, australian selectors ll realize that clarke is not the future material and will get the right man for the right job - Cameroon White.

What abt michael clarke ? I have never seen him playing an innings of substance in the last 4-5 years, yet he's been called as the future captain of australia, thats shocking. My sense is that at some point in the next 4-6 mnths, australian selectors ll realize that clarke is not the future material and will get the right man for the right job - Cameroon White.

I even think that mickeal clarke is not good enough to be in the australian XI...

bit harsh, he is probably their best player when on song. but I agree that he has often looked overrated at best in 2010. sure he will do fine on his home wickets though, he has scored a lot of runs against England.

lighter note, anyone else think that with his shaven head he looks a bit um ill?

Even if Australia set them a target of 200 i feel only Sehwag's start will decide the fate if its heading for a draw or not...36 overs remaining and very imp too...If India gets 4 more wkts for 80 runs...u never know...

The Bunny was plumb shouldve been ownage number 11 by Harbhajan.. But Billy only gives those against the sub-continental teams....

Australia need to gamble here and maybe try and get a lead of 250 which means scoring quickly today and maybe a 8 over bash tomorrow.

Then they have 80 overs to try and get 10 Indian wickets!

India have another 4 to 5 more test matches to play before the year is over ? SRT currently sitting at 1194 runs, good chance Moyo's record will fall just like Anwar's.

yeh pretty much. Aussies are without Bollinger though, who always seems to bowl his best defending a target. only MJ and Hilfenhaus really have the ability to bowl India out for 190 in the 4th innings.

Hilf will have to bowl in a wheelchair. And maybe Watto. The rest shouldn't bowl at all lol

Ojhas having a top game....109/4 now...

Big test this for North...

Last edited:
India would be kicking themselves for that collapse, they were miles on top now we are back in the game.

And Hussey goes, FFS. Can one of these millionaire blokes who average 50 hang around for a session or is that too much to ask?

Micheal khasi bhi out...his recent dip in form should be a worrying factor for the Aussies

Australia need to bat out the day get around 250......should be enough as VVS is not there

Hussey has only made 2 significant contribution in test cricket in about 2 years? one was the rearguard to delay England winning the Ashes, and the other against Pakistan he should have been out numerous times and the match was possibly fixed. he only averages 50 in test cricket because of his inflated early years. on current form you can't say he's any better than North.

Hussey has only made 2 significant contribution in test cricket in about 2 years? one was the rearguard to delay England winning the Ashes, and the other against Pakistan he should have been out numerous times and the match was possibly fixed. he only averages 50 in test cricket because of his inflated early years. on current form you can't say he's any better than North.

Aside from Katich and Watson none of them have been much chop for a long time now Whip. We have lost every major series bar one for about 3 years.

it even looks like Krapich's purple patch is subsiding. but don't worry because England's batting lineup is basically the same, overpaid and overrated, usually bailed out by the wicketkeeper and some other guy.

Doubters will be back out now...North bowled...good delivery but another early failure...

Aus 131/4

Sadly no Gilchrist type player in Aussies line up to counter attack here!

India sitting pretty here just waiting for Aussie mistakes.

can't blame Marcus Nought for that one. that was a stunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back