India vs Australia | 2nd Test | Bangalore | October 9-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madhu : "Cant believe these ICC rankings. SL is at 3 without winning a Test in three top countries and India is at 1 without a series win in three."

lol so true

Madhu : "Cant believe these ICC rankings. SL is at 3 without winning a Test in three top countries and India is at 1 without a series win in three."

iv never understood how these rankings work

India are deserving of the number 1 spot right now. they have a superb batting lineup, Zaheer Khan and Harba which has been enough to put runs on the board and take wickets consistently for several years. South Africa have the best squad in my view, but don't seem to really want the number 1 spot! Sri Lanka are massive FTBs and can't even win series at home on a regular basis, Australia and England are good at home and rubbish away from home, as for the rest...

India are deserving of the number 1 spot right now. they have a superb batting lineup, Zaheer Khan and Harba which has been enough to put runs on the board and take wickets consistently for several years. South Africa have the best squad in my view, but don't seem to really want the number 1 spot! Sri Lanka are massive FTBs and can't even win series at home on a regular basis, Australia and England are good at home and rubbish away from home, as for the rest...

don't worry mate. inshallah pakistan will be mentioned as a good test side, one day...:)

Pakistan haven't won a test series for 4 years. they are nowhere near the top 5 teams.

lol.... home track bullies...eh?? lost their last away series in Aus,SA,Pak,,,,never win in SL for last 15 years???? :farhat

no other team has done better than India. just a fact that people are going to have to get used to. the rankings are right now a very accurate reflection of how the teams stand.

yes, 4 years ago. do you have any idea how long a time that is?

f.....this is getting boring now.....at least the last test was entertaining...i love test matches but cant stand when both teams are just plundering runs and the end result is what ...a boring draw...

and ya please Aussies go find a decent spinner...or we can give you kaneria coz i can guarantee he will be better than haurtiz..

India trail by 72 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
Sachin on 175 with 11 overs remaining. can he get his 200 today

f.....this is getting boring now.....at least the last test was entertaining...i love test matches but cant stand when both teams are just plundering runs and the end result is what ...a boring draw...

and ya please Aussies go find a decent spinner...or we can give you kaneria coz i can guarantee he will be better than haurtiz..

Still two days ago and India are scoring quickly...if they get a significant lead on the Aussies score then Day 5 could be very interesting...

Matt: "Lucky im not the selectors cause im all for dropping Hauritz after this test. But the thing is i dont think any spinner will do any better."

:))

Still two days ago and India are scoring quickly...if they get a significant lead on the Aussies score then Day 5 could be very interesting...

hope so....

im already bored at work and then this....

shukaar ha bangladesh provided some entertainment today by beating the kiwis

Hauritz really blows. my favourite cricketing quote lately is the Aussie selector saying 'Nathan is a good option for test cricket, he only goes at 4 an over' or something

'Another player who did not perform in Mohali was offspinner Nathan Hauritz, who managed three tailenders' wickets in the match and looked ineffective on the fifth day. He too received a vote of confidence from Hilditch. ''I'm not reading too much into Nathan's performance because he took three wickets," he said. "He's been averaging about 4½ [runs an over] since he came into the Test side, and he's performed really well for us. The reality is that this was not a wicket that suited spin bowling. He's been our premier spinner for well over 12 months now; that's how we still see him"'

uh.

FTB departs.

But Tendulkar has stopped us winning this game. Like Laxman in the last.

I can't wait to play these FTB's without those 2, will be a freaking cakewalk...

dhonis gonna play some attacking cricket now....

a result still might be possible...

Perfect pitch for Dhoni to make up for the failure of the last test.

FTB departs.

But Tendulkar has stopped us winning this game. Like Laxman in the last.

I can't wait to play these FTB's without those 2, will be a freaking cakewalk...

India without Dravid, Sehwag, SRT and VVS will probably get caned. while they're here though, the team looks difficult to bowl out twice.

meanwhile Nathan brings up his 150. for the loss of zero wickets! what an effort.

O37 M3 R150 W0 E4.07 F14 S4

Hauritz so far

this has to be worse than kaneria ..right~?

India without Dravid, Sehwag, SRT and VVS will probably get caned. while they're here though, the team looks difficult to bowl out twice.

meanwhile Nathan brings up his 150. for the loss of zero wickets! what an effort.

Reminds me of Shane Warne bowling to Indian batsmen in India. :D

once again we"ve seen a no result pitch in india. No wonder these indian players have such high averages. They play 75% of their matches at home which are batting paradises.

once again we"ve seen a no result pitch in india. No wonder these indian players have such high averages. They play 75% of their matches at home which are batting paradises.

Mohali was a result pitch without a doubt, flat pitch that got harder and harder to bat on every day. that's a classic test wicket.

give up man, there have been results in every match in india recently....

there are still two days left, am sure a result is still possible, esp if india get a lead of about 150.

why do you hate india so much?

Mohali was a result pitch without a doubt, flat pitch that got harder and harder to bat on every day. that's a classic test wicket.

WAS...doesn't seem like it now...

3rd day still no signs of difficulty in batting

Lol please learn to enjoy the moment.To be frank i really enjoyed the rampaging aussies team from the late nineties till 2007 and i never cared about what would happen to the team when all the good players retire.India will struggle when the time comes.lets speak about it then.

ya exactly...at least krejza got 8 wkts.....

Check the cricinfo piece about spinners against India in India...spinners struggle hugely here...the best spinners like Warne and Murli couldnt do anything here so its a bit of stretch to expect Hauritz to do better...

Your pacemen win you Tests here...

I do enjoy the moment...Australia not winning :D (until November and December...)

Check the cricinfo piece about spinners against India in India...spinners struggle hugely here...the best spinners like Warne and Murli couldnt do anything here so its a bit of stretch to expect Hauritz to do better...

Your pacemen win you Tests here...

i know that but surely you cant have a spinner conceding 150+ runs at 4.5 an over an getting no wickets at all...very poor stuff

no Marcus North bowling today. unless he has an injury, surely that's yet another Poor Decision by Ponting? (tm)

well done SRT for batting all day. watched a session and a half of him and loved it.

Tendulkar hopefully after getting his 200 will surely try to score some quick runs along with DHoni...and rest of the team to follow...if India bats 50 overs tomorrow and scores 250 or more...that may be their only chance to win the game...otherwise i dont see Australia winning the game

Top innings by Sachin today. And lets not forget Murali Vijay, what an innings under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back