India vs Australia | 2nd Test | Bangalore | October 9-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
test heading towards a tame draw and india winning the series....

crap pitch that is ...dead

So, I am not watching this - just the highlight.

How does Peter George look? I gather he is not bowling great obviously.

i don't think many people are watching it TBH....
im also at work watching Bangladesh thrash the kiwis :)

Not great now but looks like a good prospect .sub continent pitches aren't the ideal debut conditions for a fast bowler either.have to wait.

Hilf has done some sterling work. a really class act in the making, if he can stay injury free

Min overs remaining 36.4
India trail by 172 runs with 8 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
If India can give them a lead of 250 after 1 hour of lunch tomorrow

Min overs remaining 36.4
India trail by 172 runs with 8 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
If India can give them a lead of 250 after 1 hour of lunch tomorrow

You are kidding, right? :)

You are assuming that India will score 400 runs in 80 odd overs?

Inida still might concede a lead.

He doesn't even look like an Aussie, can't understand wt siddle is doing back home in AUS and where is stuart clarke btw..........

best strategy is for India to bat as long as they can now, and this should leave the Aussies under pressure on the fifth day.

if the Aussies suddenly take a load of wickets and set India a target on the final day, we could be in for a treat.

draw is the most likely result at the moment, but either side can still win.

gesture by SRT to Vijay :

Tendulkar waits for Vijay to join him and asks him to lead them off the field. Vijay smiles and crosses the line.

just imagine how a youngster will feel after this gesture .....these younsters are very lucky to play along with Tendulkar ,Dravid ,Laxman ,Sehwag.....woww

gesture by SRT to Vijay :

Tendulkar waits for Vijay to join him and asks him to lead them off the field. Vijay smiles and crosses the line.

just imagine how a youngster will feel after this gesture .....these younsters are very lucky to play along with Tendulkar ,Dravid ,Laxman ,Sehwag.....woww

Good man SRT , I wish we could have blended in youngesters when We had Inzi Yousuf and Younis as our middle order :(

Good man SRT , I wish we could have blended in youngesters when We had Inzi Yousuf and Younis as our middle order :(

True, but no one was given a decent run, at one point even Younis Khan was dropped.

Acim said:
True, but no one was given a decent run, at one point even Younis Khan was dropped.

That's Pakistan cricket for you ..or to be precise PCB ...

Last edited:
286 run partnership and counting. can't remember a stand against the Aussies like this.

that was a long time ago, meant recently. must be one of the biggest against them

Well done master....SRT's 20th 150+ score breaking lara's record...and 6th against Aussies again breaking lara's record....:D :14:

wonder if one or both of these guys can bat all day?

Ponting plz bring Hauritz from one end....:D:D

India should be careful while playing Hauritz. They should not take him aprt as it will make Ponting take him out of the attack, which will not be good for India.

They should only hit him around enough so that Ponting keeps bowling him and India keep scoring.

India should be careful while playing Hauritz. They should not take him aprt as it will make Ponting take him out of the attack, which will not be good for India.

They should only hit him around enough so that Ponting keeps bowling him and India keep scoring.

Oh! yes ...right strategy .... how to convey this message to dressing room...:D

:90: What is happening here? Is it bad bowling? Good batting? belter? To hot for Aussies?

Vijay may keeps Gambhir out for a while know if he continues like this ( I haven't seen him bat today, just judging by the scorecard)

very difficult bowling conditions but pretty average bowling regardless.

Vijay plays a tired shot and nicks behind. smallest noise. great 308 run partnership.

Vijay is perfomring coz Mukund in the dressing room warming the bench....:D

Mukund is just 20 yr old and a very very solid Opener ....

Pujaras first class record is excellent! hopefully he can add to our good work today. still got Raina and Dhoni if not. a first innings lead is still on the cards.

Its now or never for aussies.They have to capitalize to have a chance of drawing the series

Pujara lbw Johnson for 4. kept ridiculously low and looks like it was sliding down leg side. unlucky.

After a loooong partnership, wickets often fall quickly. India need to focus now.

it would be a shame if the Aussies still took the lead. but wouldn't surprise me at all. we have seen super-collapses after big partnerships time and time again from every team.

very likely that Tendlkar too fall quickly. that's the normal trend of huge partnerships.

hawkeye says leg stump. guess I was wrong. really good delivery either way.

Madhu: "Nathan Hauritz is the 70th Australian bowler (this is the 70th occasion ie, not 70th bowler) to concede 100 or more runs in an innings against India. Only two have conceded more than 200 though- Jason Krejza in Nagpur and Brett Lee in Sydney."

cricinfo

Ewan: "With all this talk about Pujara waiting so long for his chance you'd think he was 32 not 22! Even if it doesn't happen for him in this Test, he still has several years for his talent to bring him success at Test level." Ha! the thing is for a long time now he was the quintessential domestic batsman.A flood of runs. Other youngsters, more flashy, were given chances. Pujara continued to play for his unfancied Saurashtra. It's a small team; not one of the traditional big names in Ranji Trophy. Everyone kept going ahead of him. There was a thought and a fear among many Indian fans that domestic performances are not being counted and only IPL and stuff like that are being noticed. For some of them, Pujara's success, if it happens, is almost a validation of the domestic circuit.

well said. if only pakistan could produce such solid batsmen as india does.

India will be aiming for 550-600 here and maybe a very huge and valuable lead!

Have so say even now Sachin is pure class to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back