India vs England | 2nd Test | Mumbai

Give a ball wide of offstump at pace to Cook and he'll gladly leave all day.

England need to not lose a wicket here if they want to stay relatively equal.

After more than an hour of power cut, just switched on the TV to watch the game. It was clear that much to my horror once again my worst fears have come true.

Cook is determined to score yet another big century and even KP seems to have settled well. Was there any contentious decisions(or non decisions) from Umps in the post-tea session ?

After more than hour of power cut, just switched on the TV to watch. It was clear that much to my horror once again my worst fears have come true.

Cook is determined to score yet another big century and even KP seems to have settled well. Was there any contentious decisions(or non decisions) from Umps in the post-tea session ?

Nope. None that I recall. A fair few edges that didn't carry, but what do you expect on an SC pitch?

We are missing Yadav here. Bhajji is doing nothing here.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

Bhajji bowling fulltosses or too short.

Nope. None that I recall. A fair few edges that didn't carry, but what do you expect on an SC pitch?

Thanks Ruri :)

We are in some serious trouble, can we save ourselves from this predicament ?

Dude an eventful morning tomorrow can still see England all out for the par 320, then it becomes a spinner's shootout :)

I want 500 but that's very optimistic. 420 would be useful.

A big day ahead for both sides tomorrow. Cook and KP need to make big ones. Don't have much hope for others to come except for Prior.

Yes. if BCCI can somehow make some arrangements with umps:msd

LOL. I am not too confident of us saving the game by batting against this England's attack. At least we should try and restrict the lead by less than 100 if possible. If it is beyond 150 then we are as good as goners.

Thanks Ruri :)

We are in some serious trouble, can we save ourselves from this predicament ?

Wickets will fall in clumps. Bairstow is untried in the SC. Patel inspires no confidence in me. Prior is due a bad innings. One of these three needs to step up when, inevitably, KP or Cook falls to one ripper or brain meltdown.

I still have India marginally ahead right now, and perhaps if they survive to the end of the day it might be nearly even.

A big day ahead for both sides tomorrow. Cook and KP need to make big ones. Don't have much hope for others to come except for Prior.

Patel and Swann might put up a good show against a spin heavy attack :)
It's usually seamers that get these guys out.

It is nearly 5 am here. I need to get to bed but want to see this through.

Patel and Swann might put up a good show against a spin heavy attack :)
It's usually seamers that get these guys out.

Hope Bairstow can also come good. That would be a huge bonus for Eng for the rest of the series not just this one. Need to replace Trott too me thinks. Looks like a walking wicket in these conditions.

Has Aleem Dar really lost it.. Aleem form is as worse as Tendulkar and Ponting...

How can people say KP is an ugly player to watch? He has played this absolutely beautifully. Chanceless.

I want to see captain Cook make a quadruple-ton. :hamster:

How can people say KP is an ugly player to watch? He has played this absolutely beautifully. Chanceless.

He is not an ugly player to watch. He's the Sehwag of all conditions. He can bat like a magician or be a waste of a spot. The England team needs reliability, not a "matchwinner" who is missing in the games he doesn't take away.

If I could have one of Cook or KP for my team, I would choose Cook 100% of the time.

If only there was some form of technology that was far more accurate than the human eye that we could use to get accurate LBW decisions with..

This is the worst piece of umpiring I have seen from Aleem Dar. I think the whole life Aleem dar has been umpiring international he has not made so many mistakes as he has in these 2 test so fare.. mind you this second test is not over..

If only there was some form of technology that was far more accurate than the human eye that we could use to get accurate LBW decisions with..

But technology is not 100% accurate, how can you suggest such a thing?

Bhaji is bowling pies in this match. He should retire from test and concentrate on limited over and ipl career.

He is not an ugly player to watch. He's the Sehwag of all conditions. He can bat like a magician or be a waste of a spot. The England team needs reliability, not a "matchwinner" who is missing in the games he doesn't take away.

If I could have one of Cook or KP for my team, I would choose Cook 100% of the time.

You need a bit of both to be sucessful me thinks.

But Ruri you don't have to pick one :)

They are probably our only two world-class batsmen and should be treasured, not moaned about.

You need a bit of both to be sucessful me thinks.

Cook is a matchwinner though. He has played knocks that have won massively for us.

He also has the ability to save matches, something KP doesn't understand.

This is the worst piece of umpiring I have seen from Aleem Dar. I think the whole life Aleem dar has been umpiring international he has not made so many mistakes as he has in these 2 test so fare.. mind you this second test is not over..

India is paying the price of being against DRS and will always pay :facepalm:

I agreee. But this is really poor umpiring..

As a Pakistani I was proud od Aleem Dar, but feeling sorry for him..

Ipl might not hire him this time around...

But it isn't 100% accurate. :6:

:facepalm: BCCI

But Ruri you don't have to pick one :)

They are probably our only two world-class batsmen and should be treasured, not moaned about.

No, but I'd like someone to whack KP over the head and remind him that a drawn game is of huge worth to the series as well.

And Prior is world-class, as a wk batsman, but third best bat in the team as well.

India need to be patient here, tomorrow a new day , early wickets and pressure will be back on Eng, they are not out of whole yet.,

India's best bowler seen off.

Come on Cooky and KP, one more to go. Probably Khan

Cook is a matchwinner though. He has played knocks that have won massively for us.

KP has won/saved us loads of matches.

Yeah he's a rare breed. I always thought he would go places in Tests (not this good though) but what is more surprising about Cook to me is his rise in ODIs as well. As I said a very rare breed.

You need a player like KP in the team, cricket isn't played in cricinfo scorecards and statsgurus.

Tomorrow would be make or break day for Eng for the series, they will have to bat that day out and by stumps should look to be around 100 ahead of India , with a few wickets up there bag.

KP has won/saved us loads of matches.

He's won us plenty, but for like 4 of his five biggest scores, another batsman has scored a century ahead of him paving a relatively easy way for him to cash in big.

He can take a game away, but it's the Cooks of the world that set it up.

But it isn't 100% accurate. :6:

:facepalm: BCCI

But technology is not 100% accurate, how can you suggest such a thing?

I'm deeply sorry, I completely forgot that humans are 100% accurate in their decisions despite only seeing it for a fraction of a second and having no replays..

I agreee. But this is really poor umpiring..

As a Pakistani I was proud od Aleem Dar, but feeling sorry for him..

Ipl might not hire him this time around...

It's not easy being an umpire with no DRS. Nobody remembers the decisions you got correct and the incorrect decisions can't be changed therefore more people remember them..

Well played Cook & KP:14:

India being punished for having turned out with a one man attack.

He's won us plenty, but for like 4 of his five biggest scores, another batsman has scored a century ahead of him paving a relatively easy way for him to cash in big.

He can take a game away, but it's the Cooks of the world that set it up.

I think you're forgetting the Oval 2005 against Australia...and Faisalabad 2005 against Pakistan...and 2006 Edgbaston against Sri Lanka...and the Oval 2007 against India...and the Oval 2008 against South Africa, as captain...and in India as captain...and New Zealand (twice - home and away - in 2008)...and Sri Lanka 2012...and Headingley 2012 against South Africa...the latter two being the innings' of the year...etc

Last edited:
I hope Bairstow plays his natural game tomorrow. Runs are very important and even a quick 50-60 would be very crucial.

I'm deeply sorry, I completely forgot that humans are 100% accurate in their decisions despite only seeing it for a fraction of a second and having no replays..

It's not easy being an umpire with no DRS. Nobody remembers the decisions you got correct and the incorrect decisions can't be changed therefore more people remember them..

Common sense and BCCI just don't mix. :yk

Well played Cook and KP..finally some fight

still we all know how first match went..so now worries..we will strike back first thing tomorrow morning..

after this only one batsman left - Prior rest are single digit candidates

Very depressing bowling performance on what supposed to be a spinner friendly track by our team.

But I have to give credit where its due, Both Cook and KP batted superbly to nullify whatever the advantage we had by winning toss and batting first on this track.

We are gonna play a long catch up game with England rest of this test (would be happy if we can avoid a defeat here)

Last edited:
Including their current scores, KP is averaging 49.35 while Cook averages 49.34. Two fantastic batsmen who are showing the rest of the team how to bat in SC conditions. Hopefully them two along with Bairstow, Patel, Prior and the tail can bat long and bat hard and then force India to bat to save the game on days 4 &5 against Swann and Monty!

Hats off to Cook and KP for brilliant display of batting, there was turn and bounce out there, ENG quite simply have batted well, really well!!! They have definitely surprised a lot of people today, esp Sidhu who thought ENG will be 6 or 7 wickets down by the end of day. :facepalm

I don't get England, i mean first test they don't play Monty against us we steam roll them.

Now first test with India they don't play Monty and India steam rolled them.

Monty is a good spinner, England really needs to change this old theory of attack with fast bowlers and have spinners to slow the batsmen and wear them out.

Both Swann and Monty need to be used as an attack option like Dhoni uses ashwin and ojha or we used ajmal and rehman and hafeez.

India are in deep trouble as Harbhajan is slowly proving his time is up.

I'm really proud of Captain Cook. The series is just 1 1/2 tests old but we've already showed way better fight than what India showed the whole series in Eng.

Cook is turning out to be one hell of a dangerous test player. He will most probably become the type of player that other teams will want to get out. Peterson also came back to form which is good for england since other then prior the rest of the team is not doing anything

Good fightback by england here, they should be aiming to bat all day tomorrow, both Cook and KP need to look to score big 100s here.

Back