India vs England | 3rd Test | Kolkota| 08/12/12 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:))) Dhoni on the brink.

Gonna win this by an innings. Maybe even before Tea! Are we allowed to claim extra time?

Dhoni. Always gets out in the same fashion. 2 slips and bowl outside off. Dhoni gone. :))

Wow Dhoni gone for a duck, jimmy is brilliant.

It's time people should stop calling Jimmy "home condition bully". He's consistently bowled 136+ and quite a lot of balls over 140+ in these flat tracks. He's developed very good accuracy as well, bowled well in UAE, SL and now in India. He's using every bit of help from the pitch than any one.

I'd laugh if all 10 wickets fall in this session.

Now that's embarrassing.

Wow Dhoni gone for a duck, jimmy is brilliant.

It's time people should stop calling Jimmy "home condition bully". He's consistently bowled 136+ and quite a lot of balls over 140+ in these flat tracks. He's developed very good accuracy as well, bowled well in UAE, SL and now in India. He's using every bit of help from the pitch than any one.

Wickets against minnows don't count :p

lol who would have imagined Ashwin would be batting an hour and a bit after lunch.

Brilliant performance by England in this game, after losing the toss yet again. Absolute genius.

Dhoni to self - hmmmm, perhaps tapeball?

What a knock it would be, if Kohli can churn out a century here!

Are some people just placing their trust in really poor and lagging coverage?

I swear, the amount of times we will be discussing a fresh match incident and some bloke posts 'OUT!' :91:

Congrats England.

This is unbelievably embarrassing. From 4-0 to 1-3 . Its a wonder how we even won the First test.

Maybe the Pakistan tour will be cancelled to carry out the SHASTRI review

Indian cricket is on the brink of destruction

I'd love to see an India v Pakistan test series. Seeing as India is being humiliated by the team that Pakistan humbled a few months ago, I think it would be a good series.

Can he produce a Faf type display?

Personally I don't think so.

He has the chance to place down a marker, let us see if he can cope.

He certainly has the talent, but I doubt the temperament.. Moreover Ashwin can't equate to King Kallis, or AB

Hmm... Lets see how Cook and co play them in Ashes

Cook played more matches for his age and scored more runs than anyone of his age but with some inconsistency. The important thing is, the peak form for a batsman is usually between 28-33 and Cookie is now at that point and showing very good form as well. He's been inconsistent but gets runs all through the series once settled against the bowlers and Aussie bowlers neither average nor outstanding as well. Cook is gonna score hell of a lot of runs.

Kohli is barely better at Test cricket than Eoin Morgan.

Does anyone else think Kohli does play that occasional match winning innings in tests only and then only clicks when the team needs it least (again I am only talking about test matches)

I mean the current situation...idk maybe its just me

From Cricinfo after 2 overs

"The ideal scenario in this match would be if India are bowled out for around 420 odd by lunch tomorrow. That would leave England two sessions to chase 200 plus, and with them going for it, India have a chance to take wickets. Would be a cracking finish! Or, in a bit of anti-climax, India get bowled out for 190 by tea today. The latter is more likely, sadly." ram, the first scenario will indeed make for a cracking finish

:))) :))) :)))

Cook played more matches for his age and scored more runs than anyone of his age but with some inconsistency. The important thing is, the peak form for a batsman is usually between 28-33 and Cookie is now at that point and showing very good form as well. He's been inconsistent but gets runs all through the series once settled against the bowlers and Aussie bowlers neither average nor outstanding as well. Cook is gonna score hell of a lot of runs.

Cook for sure is turning into a monster, but don't judge Australia on the basis of Saffer series, they(Saffers) are just much better than you Poms... Ashes this time around will be a great series.. But England's discipline would make them pre-series favorites

Last edited:
Basically because of England not picking Monty and then batting poorly for two sessions only.

India are atrocious.

It was just cook and prior who batted well, our confidence was mile high. Amazing how the introduction of Monty completely changed everything.

Is this England being ruthless or India being spineless ?? Somehow you knew this was going to happen after Srinivasan's post Eng-tour comments last year..

Cook for sure is turning into a monster, but don't judge Australia on the basis of Saffer series, they(Saffers) are just much better than you Poms...

Who's better than who...?

We beat Australia home and away, no debate as to who is better.

:kohli playing that typical place saving innings that VVS played many a times :))

Basically because of England not picking Monty and then batting poorly for two sessions only.

India are atrocious.

Add to that preventing us from spin practice in the warmups. I'm still confused whether those mediocre bowling prepared us really good or lead us to loose the 1st test.

Who's better than who...?

We beat Australia home and away, no debate as to who is better.

Australia continued to pawn you guys for as long as I can remember, but they never gloated, show some humility people :)

Kohli would have to get a ton to even give England a target to chase of 100.

Neither gonna happen bruddas.

Currently i would say England better than aussies, maybe the pace attack of teams can be compared but the batting line up of aus, clarke and hussey are carrying that batting line up by themselves. England has got an experienced settled line up.

Australia continued to pawn you guys for as long as I can remember, but they never gloated, show some humility people :)

What are you on about with this tangent now?
And 'they never gloated'. lol you have no clue.

Anyway I'll take the above as admission that you were wrong on the original point.

Ashwin has better technique than most of India's top order batsmen

Dhoni captaincy might be in jam after this series , so will be fletcher as a coach.

India's run rate since lunch is barely 1.5. Mighty stuff from England in the field and with the ball.

No alarms and no surprises please. The YUVI is eternally crap.

Or, after Kohli's dismal series, I can also more reliably say that he is not up to the task of scoring against a top attack in Test cricket.

oh & so Umar Akmal > Kohli? :p

India needs to bring in new bowlers, there are many who doing well at domestic level , they deserve a chance.

If First Class performances are not considered , why are they played. Need to bring in those who perform well in 3 - 4 day games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back