India vs England | 3rd Test | Kolkota| 08/12/12 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Monty not his usual jolly self today ? Has looked like Monty from few years back

Must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed, genuinely doesn't look at the races.

I would have loved Tendulkar to be there and take a single first ball to boost his average.

Clean your glasses guys it's time for some party ��

So does this make up-for all the losses since the Pak series ?? You'll be the first team to beat India in a decade provided nothing funny happens in the next test.

This is what worries me about Monty and why Swannster will be the first choice spinner. He has to show that he can do a job at one end for other bowlers.

Congratulations England on series win :14:. Captain Cook and his navy has destroyed the pirate fleet for a complete victory. Now all that is waiting is for the captured pirates to be put to the cannon as fodder.

I know there is one more game. Even if India plays well, I dont see our bowlers taking 20 wickets to save their lives. I dont care if we lose 2-1 or 3-1. Its pathetic either way. Get rid of all players and start from scratch. Cant do worse than now. :yk

Good bowling by finn. He needs more practice and he can become a good fast bowler for England.

Lol..india as usual useless agaibst good pace bowling..what a bunch of pansies..

Dhoni bhaiyya toh bat ghumatey hai no matter what the situation is

Cook should probably give Monty a rest. Get pace from both ends, and the match is over.

lol....nice shot

152429.2.jpg

@Matty_B Do not pick on him. He is one of those funny and non bitter trolls. :jf

They should squeeze out a one run lead and get England to bat again.That will be a moral victory to take into the next test.

Losing by ten wickets is not a moral victory. Now Dhoni and other players will say "the opening was good and the lower order kept the wickets to get us above the lead. We took many positives from this match. I believe we will win the next match with this line up. Oh and the pitch was swinging too much and spinning when we were batting but not when they were batting."

Seriously, enough now.

Get Anderson on for Panesar and clean up already.

Finn has got to stop falling over when he bowls. He will eventually injure himself, and even if not this habit will eventually cost us a caught-and-bowled or a run out.

Congratulations England on series win :14:. Captain Cook and his navy has destroyed the pirate fleet for a complete victory. Now all that is waiting is for the captured pirates to be put to the cannon as fodder.

I know there is one more game. Even if India plays well, I dont see our bowlers taking 20 wickets to save their lives. I dont care if we lose 2-1 or 3-1. Its pathetic either way. Get rid of all players and start from scratch. Cant do worse than now. :yk

England's bowling and Cook have blinded people to the fact that we are still carrying two batsmen that can't buy a run. I could see a loss at Nagpur, but I would expect at least a draw.

Seriously, enough now.

Get Anderson on for Panesar and clean up already.

I'm guessing you're not watching the game. Panesar should have had two wickets in the last few overs, it doesn't matter who we bowl we will get them out.

Blistering spell from Finn, 14 overs 3-28. Pure brilliance.

England's bowling and Cook have blinded people to the fact that we are still carrying two batsmen that can't buy a run. I could see a loss at Nagpur, but I would expect at least a draw.
Samit will be in his last chance saloon. Bell will come good, don't worry :raja. I hope that Compton makes a big one and can get settled, else he will have to be continually looking over his shoulder.

Yeah but we are carrying 5 batsmen :kohli:msd:sachin who cant get a run and none of the bowlers :nehra:kapil who can buy a wicket. Count your blessings fella :jf

England fans will disagree on why, but we don't have a perfect team by any means. That second statement is something that we can all agree on. However I would still go unchanged for Nagpur. Bell usually comes good in the end, and Samit (though his bowling is now certified as useless) contributed a useful 33 runs and the crucial run-out of Sehwag.

Little moral victory for India as Monty has remained wicketless in this innings so far....(Sanjay Manjrekar):6:

Searching Gold in a coal bag...:)))

Last edited:
This is why Monty is just not as good as Swann. Monty's too temperamental, and is more interested in his own celebrations than holding up an end and bowling as a unit. Swann is individually brilliant but also a team player.

This is why Monty is just not as good as Swann. Monty's too temperamental, and is more interested in his own celebrations than holding up an end and bowling as a unit. Swann is individually brilliant but also a team player.

Have you not seen Swann when someone makes a mistake off his bowling? They are both very passionate AND good team players, the only difference is that Panesar is slightly less consistent with his line and length which makes Swann a bit better.

Finn should try and beam Sharma to put the fear of God into him.

Batsmen in the indian dugout must hide their faces after seeing ashwin bat the way he is :p

Finn should try and beam Sharma to put the fear of God into him.

No Finn should try a deadly yorker. When the stumps are gone The fear of God will come by itself.

I think Monty's effectiveness is quite dependant on the pitch too.Swann seems like an all weather bowler.What a player for England he has been.

Never expected england to play this well in India, i guess the thrashing in the UAE has helped them learn a few lessons and come back stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back