India vs England | 4th ODI | 23rd January, 2013 - Mohali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bresnan is so rubbish!!!

If he doesn't bowl well he will have to be dropped surely.

258 to win ! Still short of the avg total but good effort by england to get here !

Could and should of been alot more, no thanks to shocking umpiring....again.

Great innings from Root but we didn't get enough runs IMO

Last year we chased down 300 here against this very Dernbach, Bresnan lot.

258 should be easy.

Cannot believe average players such as Dernbach and Bresnan keep getting spots in the team.

I guess today is make or break for them.

I can't fault Finn and Tredwell this tour; what has not happened is the other guys backing them up and creating a bowling unit.

This needs to change for us to have a chance today.

Finn and Tredwell have been good and in Tredwell's case fantastic.

The other two have been shocking.

I can't fault Finn and Tredwell this tour; what has not happened is the other guys backing them up and creating a bowling unit.

This needs to change for us to have a chance today.

james how do u rate jadeja's bowling?10 overs 3/39.
would have got root as well if raina had not dropped a dolly.

This is one boring series. And we play this tripe each year it seems.

Shoulda played a couple of tests against Pakistan. Even if we lost or drew the series, at least they're tests.

Or even an ODI series against Lanka would give us more competition.

james how do u rate jadeja's bowling?10 overs 3/39.
would have got root as well if raina had not dropped a dolly.

Quality cricketer. Don't know why he's hated. Many LOI teams are crying out for a guy who can contribute 8-10 overs of effective spin and score a fifty under various circumstances.

Not sure he's Test class, needs more of a sample and observation to discover this.

But great for the LOIs.

Gah wth is with Jadeja getting so much attention? The guy is such a rubbish player made to look good by the english..

Incidentally, Rahane scored a 91 in the game I was talking about at Mohali against England last year, chasing 50 more than what we're chasing today.

Still maintain that he shouldn't have been dropped.

This is one boring series. And we play this tripe each year it seems.

Shoulda played a couple of tests against Pakistan. Even if we lost or drew the series, at least they're tests.

Or even an ODI series against Lanka would give us more competition.

Please dont forget the result of the last ODI series you played in England. This tripe beat you 3-0.

Incidentally, Rahane scored a 91 in the game I was talking about at Mohali against England last year, chasing 50 more than what we're chasing today.

Still maintain that he shouldn't have been dropped.
Hahahahah just saw the teams, good job destroying another good prospect and replacing him with a once talented player pre ipl.

Gah wth is with Jadeja getting so much attention? The guy is such a rubbish player made to look good by the english..

England last year beat Pakistan 4-0 in UAE, beat Australia 4-0 in England, comfortably beat West Indies who otherwise had a resurgent year.

I am wondering then - why is doing well against England not rated?

Quality cricketer. Don't know why he's hated. Many LOI teams are crying out for a guy who can contribute 8-10 overs of effective spin and score a fifty under various circumstances.

Not sure he's Test class, needs more of a sample and observation to discover this.

But great for the LOIs.

yeah the only thing holding him back for tests is his batting,which is just not test class imo.if he could improve that i'd definetly thing he could do a good job as an all rounder in tests.
as his bowling is tight most of the times

England last year beat Pakistan 4-0 in UAE, beat Australia 4-0 in England, comfortably beat West Indies who otherwise had a resurgent year.

I am wondering then - why is doing well against England not rated?
Saw him in the tour to Aus, he was absolutely rubbish consistently got hit by the Aussie batsmen.

Please dont forget the result of the last ODI series you played in England. This tripe beat you 3-0.

Yep, but was talking about England in India. Look at the last series played here. Or the one before that. Or the one bef....you get the idea.

yeah the only thing holding him back for tests is his batting,which is just not test class imo.if he could improve that i'd definetly thing he could do a good job as an all rounder in tests.
as his bowling is tight most of the times

Problem is he only performs against England. It's worse than Gambhir, Sharma only scoring runs against Lanka.

And of course, he shouldn't be anywhere near the test team. I'll go as far as to say that Yuvraj is a better pick.

Yep, but was talking about England in India. Look at the last series played here. Or the one before that. Or the one bef....you get the idea.

Yep England definitely have a problem playing ODI series in India. Interestingly this doesnt seem to spread to the rest of Asia or to T20 matches. Fancy our chances in Champions Trophy in England this summer. With 2 new balls I expect many games to play out like mini test matches.

so Joe root makes a nice fifty..guess he'll be in the team for the next decade now!

Yep England definitely have a problem playing ODI series in India. Interestingly this doesnt seem to spread to the rest of Asia or to T20 matches. Fancy our chances in Champions Trophy in England this summer. With 2 new balls I expect many games to play out like mini test matches.

Ideally, England's goal should be to win that tournament.

I say they have a chance, with their best XI.

Problem is he only performs against England. It's worse than Gambhir, Sharma only scoring runs against Lanka.

And of course, he shouldn't be anywhere near the test team. I'll go as far as to say that Yuvraj is a better pick.

i'd definetly take yuvraj as a batsman over sir jaddu even in tests.but if it was only for bowling i think i might be tempted to go with sir jadz.

Hahahahah just saw the teams, good job destroying another good prospect and replacing him with a once talented player pre ipl.

"Destroying another talented prospect?" "Pre IPL"?

Perspective. He made his international debut after several IPLs (and heavy performances in the Ranji more importantly) and all that's happened is that he's been dropped for a singular measly ODI.

Get a lid.

innings abt to start..

with dernbach, bresnon, and tredwell in the team.. england chances to defend this are very skim!

i'd definetly take yuvraj as a batsman over sir jaddu even in tests.but if it was only for bowling i think i might be tempted to go with sir jadz.

In tests, I doubt he can even run through England then.

He's a bits and pieces player. Shouldn't be playing test cricket full stop.

u know things are bad with india when a desperate attempt to send rohit sharma as an opener is made!

I'd say Finn's slowed down since last year.

Stop trying to cut Finn, Gambhir. He's their only decent pacer, just see him off.

Love the acoustics of this ground, especially when an aircraft hovers overhead. :)

innings abt to start..

with dernbach, bresnon, and tredwell in the team.. england chances to defend this are very skim!

Not entirely accurate. Check your facts - Tredwell's had a great series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back