IPL Final | Rajasthan Royals v Chennai Super Kings | 01/06/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Well the final has finally arrived. No Preity Zinta or Shah Rukh Khan, but there's still Sohail Tanvir and Kamran Akmal from a Pakistani perspective.

Chennai Super Kings squad

MS Dhoni, VV Kadbe, P Amarnath, S Anirudha, R Ashwin, S Badrinath, L Balaji, N Einstein, SP Fleming, M Gony, ML Hayden, MEK Hussey, SB Jakati, Joginder Sharma, CK Kapugedera, AB Karthik, SS Kumar, JA Morkel, A Mukund, M Muralitharan, M Ntini, JDP Oram, PA Patel, SK Raina, S Vidyut

Rajasthan Royals squad

SK Warne, A Angle, SA Asnodkar, RA Jadeja, M Kaif, Kamran Akmal, S Khatri, T Kohli, DS Lehmann, PP More, M Morkel, Pankaj Singh, MM Patel, NK Patel, YK Pathan, M Rawat, AP Revandkar, D Salunkhe, JN Shah, GC Smith, Sohail Tanvir, SK Trivedi, SR Watson, Younis Khan

Come on the Royals !

I hope Rajasthan put in a royal performance today!

But can we just get to the cricket plz!

.30 pm local time: Well I don't think the toss is happening at 7.30 pm because the crowd is being entertained by a fantastic performance from a troupe the announcer introduced as the Cirque du Soleil.

And now there's more dancing to Bollywood numbers ... and Salman Khan. It's getting a bit much now frankly.

So the toss will happen in a bit I suppose. Though given the track record of these two teams, Rajasthan have preferred to chase while Chennai favour batting first. I wonder, though, whether Warne will want his team to chase under the pressure of the IPL final.

It's laser time now. Streaks of green light streak across the DY Patil Stadium with orchestra music accompanying the light. Like a musical Matrix. There's fire in the sky, from a para glider, and then some on the ground as well.

Summing the IPL us pretty well i think!

Smith wont play, and thats a HUGE blow for Rajasthan.

Chennai may have a big chance now!

Closing ceremony is good. Enjoyed the acrobatics show. Salman Khan was there to promote his new game show "dus ka dum", how cheap can one get?

But overall the show is entertaining.

Hope both Yusuf pathan and Suresh Raina do well...don't really care about the outcome.

Rameez Raja and Sunil Gavaskar are doing their pitch report and they are nattily dressed in traditional kurtas.
lol

"What is happening is ridiculous. The final of the IPL should be about cricket and not about dances, music and various acrobats showing their talents. The toss and start of the match being delayed shows what a farce this is. It reminds me of the final of the World Cup in 2007," says Shashi.

so finally some Indian touch. Fleming, Arun Lal, Rameez and Gavaskar. This was shot earlier when the sun was out. So I am guessing the ceremonies have been going on for 2 hours
2q16n91.jpg

lollol said:
Smith wont play, and thats a HUGE blow for Rajasthan.

Chennai may have a big chance now!

Kami can match or even better Smith in T20. Not a big deal.

Chennai Super Kings:

+PA Patel, S Vidyut, SK Raina, *MS Dhoni, CK Kapugedera, S Badrinath, JA Morkel, M Gony, L Balaji, M Muralitharan, M Ntini

Rajasthan Royals:

+Kamran Akmal, SA Asnodkar, YK Pathan, M Kaif, SR Watson, NK Patel, RA Jadeja, *SK Warne, SK Trivedi, MM Patel, Sohail Tanvir

does anybody know when they actually will start with the cricket?

^when this circus is over. It appears to be over now btw

lollol said:
Why dont they play cricket in kurta's :p
i use to hate playing in that outfit because the ball use to get stuck in the kameez and then drop back on to the stumps

Shane Warne wins the toss and decides to bowl first....not surprisingly.

First ball seemed to be very very close.

No hawk eye prediction yet..

hahaha Royals are gettin a dose of Dhoni dynamite!!!

Go Chennai!!! It's time to prove that Indian captain is the best in the world.

Intelligent bowling from Pathan...dropped it in short when he saw him advancing.I think this guy is handy with the ball.Vidyut back in the hut.

What are these commentators there for. This was the second LBW not given

Why has Tanvir been given only one over? These Indian trundlers are releasing the pressure

Umpire has been Disgraceful So Far.

Sorry but Kirsten is always giving bad Decisions these Days...

cars112 said:
Why has Tanvir been given only one over? These Indian trundlers are releasing the pressure

Its a bad decision i think, two overs by him at the death are enough. But maybe warne wants to contain the likes of dhoni in the final overs when he can be very destructive.

Warne on to bowl, the batsmen won't hold back in the final!

well done Rudi, show em that you are one springbok not prone to aussie pressure :D

PlanetPakistan said:
Are you cursing Rudi or trying to sum up IPL with dollars,numbers and percentages?

Neither. I am composing love songs to the Umpires. ;-)

cars112 said:
Tanvir is trundler himself kid!

patel not being able to hit yusuf pathan out of the park

chennai need 180 at least

maamrut said:
Tanvir is trundler himself kid!

If a bloke averaging 10 in the IPL is a trundler, what does it make the Indian superstars like Ishant averaging 40?

Stumping chance missed but Akmal Bhalu takes a catch after fumble

cars112 said:
If a bloke averaging 10 in the IPL is a trundler, what does it make the Indian superstars like Ishant averaging 40?

:)) average doesn't matter..trundler=medium pacer.

I liked it so much better when the cheerleaders weren't wearing tights with their short skirts. :25:

I see Dhoni has still not come at no.4...can he not take the pressure of a final?

Dhoni literally hiding this ti,e. You need every run you can get in the final.

Albie does better...thats huge.Warne is being taken to the cleaners.

Sparhawk said:

Can't handle pressure, I guess, expects others to do the hard work for him

Sparhawk said:

he has sent in Morkel...so don't know what you are on about?

Why are they not the ball towards Tanvir.

What the hell was Kaif doing encroaching Akmal's area?

Akmal down

Maybe sarfraz ahmed can get a chance now to play the tri-series and asia cup :p

I dont get it, it was AKMALS knee at Kaifs face.... Kaif should be the one with more pain....

Anyone see Yusuf Pathans reaction when his two team mates were knocked out?

He stands there celebrating his wicket and then causally walks over even through they're both writhing around on the ground in immense pain!

maamrut said:
he has sent in Morkel...so don't know what you are on about?

And morkel's back in the hut. Dhoni is supposed to be the best batsman, morkel is a slogger for perhaps the final 5 overs.

If Symonds was in the team he would have come in high up and tried to smash them until the final over.

12thMan said:
Why are they not the ball towards Tanvir.

What the hell was Kaif doing encroaching Akmal's area?

kami reacted late , though he took good catch in the end !

two of my fav indian players batting now ...... common chennai !

lollol said:
I dont get it, it was AKMALS knee at Kaifs face.... Kaif should be the one with more pain....

Akmal hit the ground face first at an awkward angle

Mercenary said:

He stands there celebrating his wicket and then causally walks over even through they're both writhing around on the ground in immense pain!
He was really enjoying indeed :D

But i dont think that at that time the collision seemed to be that serious...

Mercenary said:

Disgraceful, bowlers show more sympathy for opposition players.

lollol said:
Akmal down

Maybe sarfraz ahmed can get a chance now to play the tri-series and asia cup :p
So you wish Akmal was injured really bad... excellent thoughts...how can you wish something like this for ur own player

Ramiz thinks dhoniwill take the team to 200 if he stays till the end.

100 runs in 40 balls ramiz? I don't think so.

Sparhawk said:
Ramiz thinks dhoniwill take the team to 200 if he stays till the end.

100 runs in 40 balls ramiz? I don't think so.

if these two stay till the 18th ovr 200 certainly on the cards !

Dhoni, play an excellent innings to show that you are a gem of India...best wishes to prove your detractors wrong. This will also stop Yuvi's dream of captaining India.

Make Chennai win.

Indiagem said:
Dhoni, play an excellent innings to show that you are a gem of India...best wishes to prove your detractors wrong.

Why didn't he come up the order then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back