IPL Final | Rajasthan Royals v Chennai Super Kings | 01/06/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akmal seems to have learnt from Inzi's 'Boys did well' school of speaking!

WAHEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Great performance behind the wickets.

Arun Lal to Akmal "Is say acha jeet app nahein hasil kar saktey" (You cannot get a bigger win then this)
Selling of IPL by commentators is acceptable to some extent but they forget everything. This is not NBA or NFL where thoes are the biggest things for their players

12thMan said:
Arun Lal to Akmal "Is say acha jeet app nahein hasil kar saktey" (You cannot get a bigger win then this)
Selling of IPL by commentators is acceptable to some extent but they forget everything. This is not NBA or NFL where thoes are the biggest things for their players

Think he meant more about the way they won this game. Dunno. Even Lal is not stupid. I think.

12thMan said:
Hi 12thman, Let Arun have his moment of whatever.

Cryin Out Loud said:
Akmal seems to have learnt from Inzi's 'Boys did well' school of speaking!

WAHEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Great performance behind the wickets.
lolz...

12thMan said:
AKMAL has seen bigger stuff than this..the twent20 wc final was 100 times more intense and bigger than this...way more pressure in that game than anyother game...
that was probably one of THE MOST WATCHED game around the world

Guys, what do u think of dhoni letting balaji bowl the last over. I think it should've been bowled by ntini

greatly impressed by dhoni's captaincy.

same for warney, both of them took perhaps the weakest teams in the tournament to the finals.

a special mention must be made of the huddle dhoni had with his team right after the match, very impressive, much much much better than our kaptaan saab.

lollol said:
Guys, what do u think of dhoni letting balaji bowl the last over. I think it should've been bowled by ntini
ntni had just bowled b4 that.....
i think dhoni wanted a wicket or 2 when he brought Ntini in earlier...so the game would have pretty much ended for royals like that...
but royals were pretty lucky to get 10 off that over....
if they hadn't been able to get that much....i dont think they would have won....

Let's see if it will be a valima party on stage of just 2-3 people who will just give the trophy and leave

DesiMD said:
ntni had just bowled b4 that.....
i think dhoni wanted a wicket or 2 when he brought Ntini in earlier...so the game would have pretty much ended for royals like that...
but royals were pretty lucky to get 10 off that over....
if they hadn't been able to get that much....i dont think they would have won....
yeah i know, but i mean that dhoni could've made this decision even before that... everyone could see that balaji gave to many runs away

I blame partiv patel for the loss :p

I just hate that guy, lol :p

12thMan said:
Let's see if it will be a valima party on stage of just 2-3 people who will just give the trophy and leave

It'll be like those government propaganda presentations. The guy handing out random (probably empty!) boxes giftwrapped in special IPL paper with random people taking lots of pictures!

12thMan said:

Well the 'Pathan' bride is blushing...almost speechless :)

Well the lineup at stage is decent, maybe 7-8 people. Doesn't comapre to the 10-11 men reception party after Pak-WI series in Pakistan

Under 19-award: GOSWAMI!!! he's going to become big with name :p

wow, u were right bro... CITI under-19 award...

Marsh is not there so we will instead give Modi "Kodak momemt of take my picture". Close competition with Sharukh and Pretty Zinta

mnoman15 said:
Did not know that Yousuf could not understand simple English sentence. Much tell about Muslims' education condition in India ...
I am really surprised considering he is brother of Irfan Pathan.

2 flowers from the same garden completely opposite to each other in their english speaking ability.

Please dont bring the plight of Muslims in this thread.

mnoman15 said:
Did not know that Yousuf could not understand simple English sentence. Much tell about Muslims' education condition in India ...

his younger brother speaks fluent english & he cant understand a simple sentence ? the guy was obviously nervous !

btw english has nuthing to do with education!

Oxy said:
What does a purple cap signify???
most wickets in tournament. Like the yellow shirt in Tour de France. the leader gets it. There is a orange cap for batting

Hmmm wonder how much $$$ tanvir gets for getting the purple cap...

mnoman15 said:

What does English have to do with an education, precisely?

Allow me also to point out that your sentence construction ain't that hot either.

This presentation ceremony is hilarious, by the time Warney gets his hands on the trophy the stadium will be completely empty.[/

Great game of cricket.

Nerves of steel at the end from Tanvir. It helped that a seasoned campaigner like Warne was there with him.

Cryin Out Loud said:
What does English have to do with an education, precisely?

Allow me also to point out that your sentence construction ain't that hot either.

There are lots of students in Canada who lack English, but however, capable of handling assignments, presentation and much more. I have seen them who are brilliant at doing AutoCaD and Java Programming software. This has nothing to do with English. Even for those who can't speak English, but understand English pretty well. :D

slightly off-topic but i don't know where else to post...does anyone know that Yusuf and Irfan are half-brothers??? That might explain the difference in english speaking abilities or it may not mean anything at all..just throwing it out there.

After missing the whole IPL ,i just watched after match celebration ,it was nice to see that ''none of the show ponies and overactors ''are there .

Instead the great legend and his humble team mates celebrating .Nice feelings .

2 hours on....have they presented the trophy yet?

Oxy said:
2 hours on....have they presented the trophy yet?

I think they have already presented it but, the latest news is the trophy is being dismantled by Shane Warne's son and Shane has said he will use the encrusted diamonds for his next poker game as chips...

Damn KESC! Missed the final over. =(

FAM said:
Damn KESC! Missed the final over. =(
Ahhh .. you are in contention for "MomBatti moment of Darkness award"

Last edited:
best team won. Royals are too hot to handle these days. It hurts Chennai lost, :( but admired the way captain courageous Dhoni handled the sadness of losing. Told his boys 'it's ok, stuff happens. we lost a game but we are not losers..etc etc'

I kind of lost interest in this once the WI-OZ series started but glad to see my 2nd favourite team win the thing. Go Warnie!

Luton Bad Boy said:
I think they have already presented it but, the latest news is the trophy is being dismantled by Shane Warne's son and Shane has said he will use the encrusted diamonds for his next poker game as chips...

Don't start rumours. The guy is already much maligned.

all hail the new king of cricket - SOHAIL TANVIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back