Lions (263/9) secure a thrilling 12-run victory against the Stallions (251) in the Eliminator 1 of the Champions One Day Cup 2024

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
stg8hC2.png

The first knockout match of the ongoing Champions One-Day Cup 2024, Eliminator 1, will feature a showdown between the Stallions and the Lions. This playoff clash is set for today, September 25 (Wednesday) at Iqbal Stadium in Faisalabad.

Led by Mohammad Haris, the Stallions secured third place in the standings with two wins from three games, though they head into the playoffs following a loss in their final group-stage match. Meanwhile, Shaheen Afridi's Lions narrowly made it to the playoffs with just one win. The winner of this contest will move one step closer to progressing further in the tournament.

Squads:

LIONS:
Shaheen Shah Afridi (captain), Aamer Yamin, Aamir Jamal, Abdullah Shafique, Ahmed Daniyal, Faisal Akram, Imam-ul-Haq, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Asghar, Mohammad Taha, Muhammad Irfan Khan, Omair Bin Yousuf, Rohail Nazir, Sajjad Ali Hashmi, Sharoon Siraj and Sirajuddin

STALLIONS: Mohammad Haris (captain), Abrar Ahmed, Adil Amin, Babar Azam, Haris Rauf, Hussain Talat, Jahandad Khan, Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Amir Khan, Saad Khan, Shan Masood, Tayyab Tahir, Ubaid Shah, Yasir Khan and Zaman Khan

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Last edited:
Why not also drop Shan Masood for Saad Khan??
Shan will not play today so yea no harm in giving Saad Khan a chance even though he only knows how to play safe cricket in the V and has zero attacking strokes , see his tons videos on youtube , very 80s style batting.

Shan will not play today so yea no harm in giving Saad Khan a chance even though he only knows how to play safe cricket in the V and has zero attacking strokes , see his tons videos on youtube , very 80s style batting.
Babar is also not gonna play along with Abrar, Shaheen and AAmer jamal.

So lots of players will be missing then as all the squad were in this cup. England are still playing one day series so i am surprised at this decision its only 3 games left here

Toss update:

Lions win the toss and opt to bat first against Stallions in Eliminator 1.

uw3fxeR.png

Last edited:
Both inside edges surely a batter needs to play with a full blade
Nothing wrong with batter , it's just they used to fast pace and trying to drive the ball but the ball suddenly stops at the pitch and starts seaming in resulting in an edge , nothing a batsmen can do much about. It's his Ubaid unique way of getting bowleds.

Lovely rhythmical action Jahandad's. Swings it late pitches it up. For me the most impressive youngster in this tournament

I’m pretty sure you can put up seamers from most international sides u15s in front of Imam…and he will only look to put away bad balls.

Zaman Khan has 10 list A matches

He was in Pakistan’s Asia cup squad. Is he with the same management company as Babar and Rizwan?

Ubaid Shah pulled off an unbelievable catch to dismiss Imam-ul-Haq, claiming his third wicket of the match, and looked energetic and lethal on the field.

w22dwtn.jpg

Azhar Mahmood is likely reviewing stats and may report to Gary Kirsten

Mohammad Yousuf and Nadeem Khan too present there

MtvfwHg.jpg

There are cracks on the pitch, and can cause unpredictable bounce.

Spinners can also relish the grip afforded by the crack as can trouble batters attempting sweeps or cuts.

HhaWYgj.png

He will get wickets at any level he will play because he bowls with two pace off the surface and can get a massive seam movement as well plus he bowls with decent pace as well. If the ball is moving off the seam at unpredictable pace then it will be a nightmare for a batter even if he is Virat or Sharma.

During Eliminator 1 match between Stallions and Lions, Shoaib Malik:

“It was a bit difficult for us because our match was today morning and last night at 11-11:30, we got a message that the Test squad members were to be released immediately. This was tough because I’m a cricketer myself, and to make someone journey all night long and then make him play a 50-over match is unfair. We had to call a player from Lahore (Mohammad Mohsin) because we lost two batters, Shan Masood & Babar Azam, and we had one extra batter in the squad.”

With Hijab on commentary it feels like a u11s cricket match

What a rubbish commentator!

Yet another fantastic spell by Haris Rauf. I am sure this has guaranteed his spot in the white ball team for the next year or so.

This Maaz v Siraj battle is probably the most exciting battle I’ve seen between a batter and a bowler in this tournament

Back