Malala Yousafzai - Mega Discussion Thread

I don't hate her but many people I know do find it odd that she has not said a single statement against the atrocities committed by Israel in Gaza as oppose to running her mouth every time some Islamic extremist element does something. Seems these days her main mission is not to displease her masters USA.

Ins't her main concern as a Pakistani citizen towards Pakistan and it's women? Why should she speak on issues she will have no idea about? She knows bits about Pakistan from her own experience. On the wider issues like you mention, she being a kid, will not be well read or have the capability to understand

Is Malala a Palestinian ? Are her relatives or countrymen being killed by IDF ? Why should she poke her nose in an Israeli-Palestine conflict ? Maybe she doesnt think that she is the thekedaar of Muslims all around the World. She is rightly voicing her opinion against the menace of Taliban that are hell bent on oppressing the girls of her region/country, a problem that directly affects her and of which she has been a victim in the past.

Thanks for the reply bro.

What mistakes is she pointing out?

Lot's of mistakes: primarily misogyny and treatment of women with emphasis on lack of educational opportunities. She's also brushed upon terrorism, freedom of speech (lack of) and lack of tolerance, etc.

These are all seen as criticisms of Pakistan, and Islam. Reform without criticism is impossible by definition; the pakistani mentality focuses more on the criticism, blindly ignoring reform altogether, and the jignoistic demeanor of Pakistanis see any such criticism as an attack on Pakistan and Islam.

I don't hate her but many people I know do find it odd that she has not said a single statement against the atrocities committed by Israel in Gaza as oppose to running her mouth every time some Islamic extremist element does something. Seems these days her main mission is not to displease her masters USA.

Is it a prerequisite to speak of Palestine specifically when speaking out against terrorism? What kind of dumb logic is that... You idiots used to complain how she "didn't speak out against drone strikes" and now that she has you've moved on to the Gaza-Israel conflict. After she says something about this conflict, you'll move on to Guantanamo Bay.

Why do you expect an EDUCATION ACTIVIST to speak about geopolitical issues? She is not a spokesperson for EVERYTHING...

Ins't her main concern as a Pakistani citizen towards Pakistan and it's women? Why should she speak on issues she will have no idea about? She knows bits about Pakistan from her own experience. On the wider issues like you mention, she being a kid, will not be well read or have the capability to understand

Then why has she gone to Nigeria and met the president to do something about the kidnapped girls. Why not stick to Pakistan?

AS CC above points out why was she getting so involved in that Nigeria issue if she is not that well aware on global issues. and Chickn Korma control your mouth just because you can call others dumb and idiot sitting behind your keyoard does not make you sound very intelligent or make your point any stronger.

AS CC above points out why was she getting so involved in that Nigeria issue if she is not that well aware on global issues. and Chickn Korma control your mouth just because you can call others dumb and idiot sitting behind your keyoard does not make you sound very intelligent or make your point any stronger.

Do you want her to go to Gaza & catch Israeli bombs & save everyone?

Then why has she gone to Nigeria and met the president to do something about the kidnapped girls. Why not stick to Pakistan?

I think her message is female education and emancipation ...................................................

I'm not calling you out to make myself look smart, I'm just calling a spade a spade.

And my point doesn't need to by any stronger considering you can't even address it.

I think her message is female education and emancipation ...................................................

She has been sold bro to make Pakistan look bad,they are making a storm in a teacup just because it's bringing bad names to Pak.I am not against her but I don't like the way she has been over hyped.

Lot's of mistakes: primarily misogyny and treatment of women with emphasis on lack of educational opportunities. She's also brushed upon terrorism, freedom of speech (lack of) and lack of tolerance, etc.

These are all seen as criticisms of Pakistan, and Islam. Reform without criticism is impossible by definition; the pakistani mentality focuses more on the criticism, blindly ignoring reform altogether, and the jignoistic demeanor of Pakistanis see any such criticism as an attack on Pakistan and Islam.

Is it a prerequisite to speak of Palestine specifically when speaking out against terrorism? What kind of dumb logic is that... You idiots used to complain how she "didn't speak out against drone strikes" and now that she has you've moved on to the Gaza-Israel conflict. After she says something about this conflict, you'll move on to Guantanamo Bay.

Why do you expect an EDUCATION ACTIVIST to speak about geopolitical issues? She is not a spokesperson for EVERYTHING...

These are massively important topics in the subcontinent. Thanks for pointing them out Chicken bro. I think we need to address this topic honestly regardless of some arbitrary boundary lines and look at it across the region. Perhaps it's time to launch some new threads to address this insidious problem.

She has been sold bro to make Pakistan look bad,they are making a storm in a teacup just because it's bringing bad names to Pak.I am not against her but I don't like the way she has been over hyped.

Pakistan was sold, the day Quaid died. It wasn't her that made Pakistan look bad. Its the male dominated society that makes Pakistan look bad. How hard was it to let her keep getting education or let her fight for the right of girls to get education? Even if TTP didn't like western education, its no reason to go around shooting people for such reasons. If people keep blaming the victims, nothing will be done about the criminals and they will keep making Pakistan ashamed. How many more girls people here want to get shot before they learn that its actually the People like TTP that are making Pakistan look bad?

Last edited:
It is a strange illusion that Malala made Pakistan look bad she got shot in the face by some lunatics because she was writing for her educational rights and she got to be blamed for this ?? Strange logic I never understand.

Why don't you bring in logic and systematically demolish her stance instead of making statements?

Aren't you a female too? Don't you empathize with what Malala stands for and what she is doing for the females? Her story is an inspiration for girls all over the world.

I don't like this blind support of national honor.

Its like an Indian getting offended when the world says that India doesn't protect its female from rapes. Fact is ITS true. You are getting offended because someone is speaking the truth and shattering a well accepted delusion.

If you feel that's not why you are getting offended, you must bring strong arguments to the fore.

Last edited:
^Pakistanis prefer to stay away from the reality.We are not willing to accept our shortcomings but rather blame every evil happening in Pakistan on others,the US,India,Walmart,Israel etc.

Cooking up conspiracy theories is our national hobby.

Apparently,every single country on
the planet is out there to get us and defame us.

If we do not accept and realise our shortcomings,how are we going to
rectify them?

How typical. Sold? To make Pak look bad? The corrupt politicians of Pak are giving the country a brilliant reputation arent they?

[MENTION=52376]Saeed[/MENTION] [MENTION=38994]dhump[/MENTION] [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=217]in_cutter[/MENTION]

I did say I am not against her,but do you see she is the only who is doing something for her country?There is a fine example of Dr Abdul Sattar Edhi,no one invites him to give him awards or to praise him,I am with Malala and I admire her efforts but the other countries are using her to reproach Pakistan(that was my point,should have written clearly).The Pakistani movie on violence against women got the oscar award,why?because it was making Pakistan look bad.

[MENTION=52376]Saeed[/MENTION] [MENTION=38994]dhump[/MENTION] [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=217]in_cutter[/MENTION]

I did say I am not against her,but do you see she is the only who is doing something for her country?There is a fine example of Dr Abdul Sattar Edhi,no one invites him to give him awards or to praise him,I am with Malala and I admire her efforts but the other countries are using her to reproach Pakistan(that was my point,should have written clearly).The Pakistani movie on violence against women got the oscar award,why?because it was making Pakistan look bad.

What happened to malala was a drama or actually happened ?? The violence against women is reality or a myth in Pakistan ?? If its all drama then expose it if it is all going on then Pakistan is country where bad is going on and it is face of Pakistan these days we dont have much positives coming.

Why is it so hard to admit?

Last edited:
What happened to malala was a drama or actually happened ?? The violence against women is reality or a myth in Pakistan ?? If its all drama then expose it if it is all going on then Pakistan is country where bad is going on and it is face of Pakistan these days we dont have much positives coming.

Why is it so hard to admit?
It was a reality indeed and I admit it was wrong,but are these the only things that happen in Pakistan.When something good happens does any country care to invite them or praise them?

It was a reality indeed and I admit it was wrong,but are these the only things that happen in Pakistan.When something good happens does any country care to invite them or praise them?

So this is your argument.

There are SO MANY good things about Israel. Why are we focusing on just the killing? Focus on everything. There are so many good things about USA. Why are Pakistan people having anti USA sentiments?

Are you seeing the picture?

I see news report on every mainstream channel even here in Germany about WC football manufacture in Sialkot and few friends talked about it with me and was amazed how amazing it is.

World praised pak army for action against Talibans and marked it ad step in right direction even international media talked about NS visit to india and positive saree politics.

Problem is there is not much positive coming from Pakistan and we hit a new low every next day.

Last edited:
I see news report on every mainstream channel even here in Germany about WC football manufacture in Sialkot and few friends talked about it with me and was amazed how amazing it is.

World praised pak army for action against Talibans and marked it ad step in right direction even international media talked about NS visit to india and positive saree politics.

Problem is there is not much positive coming from Pakistan and we hit a new low every next day.

It's good to hear.:)

I don't like this blind support of national honor.

Its like an Indian getting offended when the world says that India doesn't protect its female from rapes. Fact is ITS true. You are getting offended because someone is speaking the truth and shattering a well accepted delusion.

If you feel that's not why you are getting offended, you must bring strong arguments to the fore.

You are absolutely spot on here bro. We can't fix anything unless we are willing to shine a spotlight on it.

It's her choice which issues she takes up or not. At the end of the day she's a schoolkid with limited time on her hands - how many world issues do people expect her to campaign on?

It's her choice which issues she takes up or not. At the end of the day she's a schoolkid with limited time on her hands - how many world issues do people expect her to campaign on?

Very true

Especially as she doesn't live in Pakistan any more

The question is why isn't she doing more for schools in England
England currently is currently in the bottom four for both numeracy and literacy for 16-24 years olds in a 24 nation league table

True, compared to Pakistan and Nigeria, it's minor
But as a flag bearer for education worldside she should really be speaking out for the Chinese students in Xinjang, forced to break their fast
or even the essex PHD student who was murdered while wearing a burka

I haven't been keeping up with what Malala has been speaking about.

Has she mentioned the treatment of women in India yet?

I heard today a 6 year old was raped in an Indian school by those who worked in the school.

I'm sure the Indians would love to orgainse a grand visit for Malala to speak on the massive number of women who suffer from rape, domestic violence, child prostitution and those who are terminated before being born.

I haven't been keeping up with what Malala has been speaking about.

Has she mentioned the treatment of women in India yet?

I heard today a 6 year old was raped in an Indian school by those who worked in the school.

I'm sure the Indians would love to orgainse a grand visit for Malala to speak on the massive number of women who suffer from rape, domestic violence, child prostitution and those who are terminated before being born.

The whole point here is about 'bring back our girls' logo which was used to raise awareness of the kidnapping done by Boko Haram
'Our' being most likely used because they were Christian

The same motto was used by Israel after the schoolgirls were kidnapped
and the whole opersation was done in the name of 'their girls'

I'm not sure Indian schoolgirls would be seen as 'our girls'

Just curious as to what the conspiracy theorists would have to say now that ISPR has said to have captured militants responsible for Malala shooting. Maybe army staged it as well?

Just curious as to what the conspiracy theorists would have to say now that ISPR has said to have captured militants responsible for Malala shooting. Maybe army staged it as well?

As a confirmed conspiracy theorist who has often thought that the army and Pakistan govt have colluded with the Taliban I would say there is a high probability that it was staged.

Malala has to come home to Pakistan now her killers are captured, surely?

her killers are captured but the group is not destroyed yet

They've focused all their attention to Afghanistan by all accounts

She is after all the daughter of Pakistan, can say somewhere like Aitchison college not provide her with a decent education?

They've focused all their attention to Afghanistan by all accounts

She is after all the daughter of Pakistan, can say somewhere like Aitchison college not provide her with a decent education?
this shows how much you know about Pakistan.
Good I found out.

Just to educate you, Aitchison is a boys boarding school

this shows how much you know about Pakistan.
Good I found out.

Just to educate you, Aitchison is a boys boarding school

i think you might be right about chacha kashmiri's knowledge of pak

but in fairness he did say somewhere like

not aitchison college providing her

why has'nt she returned to Pakistan, when she says all about being Pakistani and fighting against Taliban for Pakistan, she does not have the guts again to return to Pakistan after the comfy offered and enjoyed by her in England, with her parents seeing in a golden goose in her, they wish she talk some trash and get money and get British citizenship and stay in the comfy zone which is England

To my Knowldedge I would rate Benazir Bhutto with very very high regard, though she was corrupt/rich she had the guts to return to Pakistan even though her life was threatened by a dictator and lost her life,

This so called brave girl/women talking abt braveness, sitting miles away from home and earning money should be considered in a very very low esteem.

There are many women in Pakistan after acid attacks from their hus still have the courage and live with their hus, for the betterment of their loved kids and some women fight in Pakistan against their acid attacks by living in Pakistan whom are much much braver/stronger than this so called women who likes to be in comfy zone along with her parents who had found a golden goose in the name of their daughter MALALA

why has'nt she returned to Pakistan, when she says all about being Pakistani and fighting against Taliban for Pakistan, she does not have the guts again to return to Pakistan

Something to do with getting shot in the head for wanting an education, maybe?

I find it astonishing that so many hate this very young girl for showing up the evil perpetrated by others.

There are many women in Pakistan after acid attacks from their hus still have the courage and live with their hus,
for the betterment of their loved kids and some women fight in Pakistan against their acid attacks by living in Pakistan whom are much much braver/stronger than this so called women who likes to be in comfy zone along with her parents who had found a golden goose in the name of their daughter MALALA

That's not courage, it's stupidity. Malala is an example to all women that they do not have to accept such criminal abuse.

Last edited:
Congrats to Malala and entire Pakistan.

Never heard about the Indian guy though, didnt know even he was in the race for nobel.

why has'nt she returned to Pakistan, when she says all about being Pakistani and fighting against Taliban for Pakistan, she does not have the guts again to return to Pakistan after the comfy offered and enjoyed by her in England, with her parents seeing in a golden goose in her, they wish she talk some trash and get money and get British citizenship and stay in the comfy zone which is England

To my Knowldedge I would rate Benazir Bhutto with very very high regard, though she was corrupt/rich she had the guts to return to Pakistan even though her life was threatened by a dictator and lost her life,

This so called brave girl/women talking abt braveness, sitting miles away from home and earning money should be considered in a very very low esteem.

There are many women in Pakistan after acid attacks from their hus still have the courage and live with their hus, for the betterment of their loved kids and some women fight in Pakistan against their acid attacks by living in Pakistan whom are much much braver/stronger than this so called women who likes to be in comfy zone along with her parents who had found a golden goose in the name of their daughter MALALA

She is not a soldier or a mercenary for gods sakes. She has almost lost her life once and you cannot expect her to go through it again. She would return if Pakistan government and the society provide her enough security to walk down the street without getting shot again.

The one who shares the award with Malala.

Yes I have seen the other thread now, apparently he has been a tireless campaigner against child labour in India for many years. Hopefully sharing the platform with Malala will raise his profile and his cause to an international audience.

Congratulate Malala, but to congratulate Pakistan? It is not some Oscars that entire nation should be proud. I don't think India and Pakistan should be proud and should be congratulated because they are breeding ground of such problems. There is nothing to be proud of having child labour and anti-female education.

My theory is that Pakistanis in general do not like to see people airing the dirty laundry for all the world to see. Rather than use it as a positive and get something done, we would rather criticise someone for either selling out or not belonging. Just a theory but it has been proven to be correct on many occasions.

My theory is that Pakistanis in general do not like to see people airing the dirty laundry for all the world to see. Rather than use it as a positive and get something done, we would rather criticise someone for either selling out or not belonging. Just a theory but it has been proven to be correct on many occasions.

Yes it's quite piteous how Pakistanis don't like to air their dirty laundry in public, this is why other nations have to do it for them.

Yes it's quite piteous how Pakistanis don't like to air their dirty laundry in public, this is why other nations have to do it for them.

Lol. Not what I was saying.

I'm saying that pride always takes precedence over progress.

Mash'allah, such a proud moment for her but does it have any value? Even child killers like obama have won it.

such as?

name 3. I'll give you Edhi (though I wouldn't say he is more deserving but for the sake of argument lets say yes)

I'd say Edhi is definitely more deserving. And that's not taking anything away from Yusufzai, just a reflection of what Edhi has achieved in comparison.

I'd say Edhi is definitely more deserving. And that's not taking anything away from Yusufzai, just a reflection of what Edhi has achieved in comparison.

There has been and will be Big time omissions from such prizes. Its hard to recognize all.
But its kinda demeaning to the winners when people start comparing with others,
Its not a bloody World cup!

At 17, Malala has achieved so much, which i can honestly say billions of us will not be able to achieve.

There has been and will be Big time omissions from such prizes. Its hard to recognize all.
But its kinda demeaning to the winners when people start comparing with others,
Its not a bloody World cup!

At 17, Malala has achieved so much, which i can honestly say billions of us will not be able to achieve.

How is it demeaning?

Malala has brought a topic to world attention.

Edhi is not known outside Pakistan.

If you are looking for tangible, on the ground results then Edh sahab trumps her

Edhi only helps people in Pakistan whereas Malala is a poster child who can expose the evil of Islamism all over the world. She's like Jess from Bend it like Beckham who exposed the hidden misogyny prevalent in Punjabi Indians congregated in Southall. She is worth her weight in gold God bless her. So is that Indian guy who shared the award.

So if Malala is a part of this wider conspiracy against Pakistan and Islam, can you give me another 15 year old who would willingly get shot in the face and battle for his/her life so that he/she can later benefit from the fame and money that the US government would flourish them with?

I don't understand the hatred against her. Fine she hasn't spoken against some critical issues that Pakistan faces, but she HAS spoken against many other issues that we face in daily life. What is wrong with people who want to see a conspiracy in each and everything. Even if there is a conspiracy, let it be, atleast don't hate the kid who was shot in the face and battled for her life. Have some humanity.

Last edited:
Pakistani Male Chauvinist ego have being hurt badly when a 15 year old girl, who standup to Taliban, a true symbol of 1400 year old ideology got praised in West. She become symbol of young girls empowerment (who are oppressed the most in third world, specially in conservative Muslim culture). Why she shouldn't???

Grow up and face the reality of 21st century, our kids deserve better. Is Taliban the face of Islam or Pakistan??

Why your ego get hurt when Extremist like Taliban get exposed by 15 year old girl??

I am specially surprise by all my Pathan friends, not a single one of them is happy, height of Male Chauvinism :(

Pakistani Male Chauvinist ego have being hurt badly when a 15 year old girl, who standup to Taliban, a true symbol of 1400 year old ideology got praised in West. She become symbol of young girls empowerment (who are oppressed the most in third world, specially in conservative Muslim culture). Why she shouldn't???

Grow up and face the reality of 21st century, our kids deserve better. Is Taliban the face of Islam or Pakistan??

Why your ego get hurt when Extremist like Taliban get exposed by 15 year old girl??

I am specially surprise by all my Pathan friends, not a single one of them is happy, height of Male Chauvinism :(

I really hope that such people are the more vocal but a minority.

Most article in western media talking on the same lines, but I was attributing it to their inherent bias.
How is Pakistani TV media coverage on this?

Its my firmly held belief that Supreme God saved Malala Yousafzai, her surviving was nothing less than a miracle. She has noor on her face, so much radiance. She will rise to very powerful position in world politics, only a matter of time.

Mukhtara Mai also gets lot of hate.

To this day I cant believe how that dog Musharraf has treated her. Hes got the audacity to run around saying he wants to emulate Ataturk and then arranges these barbarians off the hook.

Its my firmly held belief that Supreme God saved Malala Yousafzai, her surviving was nothing less than a miracle. She has noor on her face, so much radiance. She will rise to very powerful position in world politics, only a matter of time.

Odd the Supreme God allowed her to get shot in the first place then. She was saved by doctors equipped with excellent equipment and learning.

I agree with your last sentence. However she seems to be a focus for hate by many misogynists and will always be at risk from more violence.

Chorus of peace:K-P erupts in joy over Malala's Nobel triumph

LAHORE / PESHAWAR / MINGORA: “It feels like Eid all over again!” exclaimed little girls in Malala Yousafzai’s hometown of Mingora, when they heard the news of the 17-year-old’s Nobel Peace Prize win. “This is the happiest day in the history of Swat and Pakistan, because a small girl has won a prize for her efforts,” said Gulranga Ali, a former schoolmate.

As locals distributed sweets and 11-year-old Marjan Bibi cut a white pineapple cream cake donated by a local bakery, Malala’s teachers paid rich tribute to their student. “We feel immense pride. This proves that hard work never goes to waste,” said Ms Husna, a teacher at Khushal Public School.

Malala’s friends said the award was an achievement and a victory for all girls. “I feel so proud Malala is representing Pakistan and her award proves that Swatis and Pakistanis are not behind anyone in this world,” said Rida Salman, a school friend.

Social activists praised the award-winner’s struggle for education. “She spread the message of peace during war time and today she proved that we are not extremists but peace-loving people,” said Neelam Chattan, a resident of Swat.

At the Peshawar Press Club, chants of “Long live Malala” broke out at an impromptu celebration upon hearing the news of the win. “The world has admitted that Pakistanis are not just terrorists and extremists, but people who have been held hostage to those who are promoting violence,” said participants at the event.

“The award is a matter of pride not just for Pakhtuns but for peace-loving people throughout the country,” said ANP Central Secretary General Mian Iftikhar Hussain. He urged the government to declare a national holiday to mark the occasion and promised that the ANP would organise a ‘grand celebration’ in honour of Malala.

Celebrations continued as participants of the event marched from Peshawar Press Club to Saddar, chanting slogans against terrorism and dancing as drummers joined the rally.

In other parts of the country, the news was celebrated, albeit with a bittersweet edge. “I hope the people of Pakistan have the courage and integrity to one day give Malala protection and safety to live in her own country,” remarked human rights activist Hina Jillani, who also paid tribute to the other Nobel laureate Dr Abdus Salam.

“There are thousands of Malalas in Pakistan and she stands for all of them,” said Strengthening Participatory Organisation (SPO) Regional Head Salman Abid. “We should all struggle for the right to education for girls and I am hopeful that this award will encourage us to do so.”

“This award is an achievement for all minority groups in Pakistan,” said rights activist Napoleon Qayyum. “She has rekindled hope among minority groups that things in Pakistan can be changed through struggle and hard work.”

Leaders across the political spectrum congratulated Yousafzai as well. “She has won laurels for Pakistan all over the world by playing a leading role at such an early age,” said National Assembly Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq. PPP leader Sherry Rehman tweeted that she was “overjoyed” at the news and praised “the power of an unarmed girl.” “It is equally an honour for the people of Pakistan and especially of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Fata,” remarked Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Governor Sardar Mahtab Ahmad Khan.

The head of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan tweeted, “Proud as a Pakistani for Malala’s Nobel prize, especially for the cause of education, which must be our national priority.” Meanwhile, the Punjab government has announced that a new university in the province will be named in honour of Malala.

Source:http://tribune.com.pk/story/773752/chorus-of-peace-k-p-erupts-in-joy-over-malalas-nobel-triumph/

So if Malala is a part of this wider conspiracy against Pakistan and Islam, can you give me another 15 year old who would willingly get shot in the face and battle for his/her life so that he/she can later benefit from the fame and money that the US government would flourish them with?

I don't understand the hatred against her. Fine she hasn't spoken against some critical issues that Pakistan faces, but she HAS spoken against many other issues that we face in daily life. What is wrong with people who want to see a conspiracy in each and everything. Even if there is a conspiracy, let it be, atleast don't hate the kid who was shot in the face and battled for her life. Have some humanity.

Its a SC thing. Instead of reflecting on our flaws, we try to hide them. And if someone goes out of the way to highlight it, they're thought of as traitors.

I remember an uproar over the movie slumdog millionaire, where a person of Amitabh's stature rubbished such a high acclaimed film just because it depicted Mumbai's reality (the dharavi slum).

Is it true her autobiography is banned in certain regions of Pakistan?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/10/a-lot-of-pakistanis-hate-their-nobel-winner.html

"Even Imran Khan, the playboy cricketer-turned-politician who has been criticized for being soft on the Taliban and whose political party banned Malala’s autobiography in the part of Pakistan it controls, fêted her:"

This is wrong. The police halted the launch of the book in KPK because of security reasons, and Imran Khan himself spoke against this action.

I had Edhi and Mukhtara Mai in mind.

I think we should not compare people in this aspect. Many posters think that she did nothing before Taliban shot her but she was not shot randomly. She had won child peace prize earlier and Taliban intentionally shot her. Some posters miss the point about her age and what she did despite all the threats.

I think we should not compare people in this aspect. Many posters think that she did nothing before Taliban shot her but she was not shot randomly. She had won child peace prize earlier and Taliban intentionally shot her. Some posters miss the point about her age and what she did despite all the threats.

Dude I have massive respect for her and am not denying her credit for her brave stance on an extremely important issue. I knew about her work before the taliban incident happened and admired her. There's absolutely nothing wrong with her winning this award. I just feel that the persons I mentioned deserve more recognition than they get and should have at least been nominated for this award, if not this time then perhaps in the future.

Last edited:
can't believe people even call her a drama queen, idiots.

Dude I have massive respect for her and am not denying her credit for her brave stance on an extremely important issue. I knew about her work before the taliban incident happened and admired her. There's absolutely nothing wrong with her winning this award. I just feel that the persons I mentioned deserve more recognition than they get and should have at least been nominated for this award, if not this time then perhaps in the future.

Edhi deserved a mention

and in a year where Boko Haram a group that stands for the denunciation of Western education came to acclaim, Malala and the other guy stand as rearguards in the war for educating young minds

Its a SC thing. Instead of reflecting on our flaws, we try to hide them. And if someone goes out of the way to highlight it, they're thought of as traitors.

I remember an uproar over the movie slumdog millionaire, where a person of Amitabh's stature rubbished such a high acclaimed film just because it depicted Mumbai's reality (the dharavi slum).

Very true post and thanks for professing it so eloquently.

its def a SC trait that if some oppressed section stands up and points at the things wrong with the society they are villified for giving a bad press to the country.

Same happened with Mukhtaran Mai and Dr. Shazia. Similar thing happened recently in India when an actress was villified and branded a 'traitor' for bringing into light the prevalence of sexual harrasment of women in India

Great honor for her yet i think its premature for her. The courage and strength of her character is admirable but i have my reservations, not that anyone cares though!

AT the moment her speeches are primarily the words of her father.

But if this Nobel prize actually paves the way for an education boom then it is worth it.

Great honor for her yet i think its premature for her. The courage and strength of her character is admirable but i have my reservations, not that anyone cares though!

AT the moment her speeches are primarily the words of her father.

But if this Nobel prize actually paves the way for an education boom then it is worth it.

She should be lauded
as should Nabila Rehman who was listened to by 5 out of 430 congressman on a recent trip to Washington D.C

Nobel-winning schoolgirl Malala donates her latest $50,000 prize to help rebuild schools in Gaza damaged in fighting between Israel and Palestine
Malala Yousafzai, the schoolgirl shot in the head by the Taliban for championing girls' right to education, is donating $50,000 to help rebuild schools in Gaza.
Nobel Peace Prize laureate Malala, 17, is using cash she was given for winning the World Children's Prize to rebuild U.N. schools destroyed by fighting between Israel and Palestine.
Malala, who was shot in the head by Taliban gunmen on a school bus two years ago, praised the U.N. agency for 'performing heroic work to serve children in Gaza, in very difficult circumstances.'
She added: 'The needs are overwhelming – more than half of Gaza’s population is under 18 years of age. They want and deserve quality education, hope and real opportunities to build a future.
'This funding will help rebuild the 83 schools damaged during the recent conflict. Innocent Palestinian children have suffered terribly and for too long.
'We must all work to ensure Palestinian boys and girls, and all children everywhere, receive a quality education in a safe environment.
'Because without education, there will never be peace. Let us stand together for peace and education because together we are more powerful.'
Dozens of Gaza's schools were damaged or destroyed during the 50-day war, in which Israel accused Hamas of hiding weapons near the buildings to maximise civilian casualties for political ends.
UNRWA commissioner-general Pierre Krähenbühl said: 'We share with you the profound belief in the importance of education as a means to lift young girls and boys out of isolation and oppression.
'You have become a symbol of the boundless potential that lies within each and every child on earth.
'You are an aspirational figure to the next generation in Palestine and beyond. You are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you.'
UNRWA was established in 1949, and its mission is to assist 5million Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-fighting-Israel-Palestine.html#ixzz3Hf4U81Yt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Take that you haters.

Nobel-winning schoolgirl Malala donates her latest $50,000 prize to help rebuild schools in Gaza damaged in fighting between Israel and Palestine

Take that you haters.

Great gesture

Does prove she actively works on behalf of the UN

Take that you haters.

Barely a peep on here about it. The "Zionist plant" making a generous donation to Gaza.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2JvjX9ZXkOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Barely a peep on here about it. The "Zionist plant" making a generous donation to Gaza.

She talked abt Rohingya Muslims being persecuted too and again not a peep

in other news listening to her talk next week and meeting her after

Back