Mumbai Indians are the champions of IPL 2017

most indian pacers giving bowling a bad name. that said, you only need 5-6 good ones to do the job at the International level, which they have.

obviously whats not helped them in this ipl so far has been the flat tracks, fast outfields/small boundaries, and no swing on offer.

IPL pitches are death beds for fast Bowlers. No one gets spared. Its a purely batsman tournament with some help for spinners.

Also, the main stays of Indian bowling these days (Shami/Yadav) are not playing.

Shami/Yadav/BK/Bumrah/Ishant. These are the fast bowlers India relies on.

Nehra(Too old), Dinda, Vinay, Anikit are there to fill the spots.

Brilliant innings from Smith. Glad we won the game today. Still not confident about our batting, as long as get the runs Tahir and Zampa will give us a chance of winning games.

Bloody hell missed the last 4 hours of the game ! Pretty much went down to the wire but Smith and Dhoni are way too clutch to let it go

That should tell you something about a league if a guy like Nehra is on top.

What it does tell is that experience and match sense counts. A guy like Nehra controlled 2011 WC against Pakistan and I'm not even using Munaf patel as an example yet.

That should tell you something about a league if a guy like Nehra is on top.

Same Nehra also who bowled the last over against Pak needing 9 runs to win and 3 wickets in hand and he only gave 4 runs away and won the match for India by 5 runs

What it does tell is that experience and match sense counts. A guy like Nehra controlled 2011 WC against Pakistan and I'm not even using Munaf patel as an example yet.

Same Nehra also who bowled the last over against Pak needing 9 runs to win and 3 wickets in hand and he only gave 4 runs away and won the match for India by 5 runs

Stop bringing up past performances. This thread is about IPL.

Well Nehra has only played 1 match this IPL and when you were talking about the quality of his bowling I'm sure you were talking based on his past performances not just one game this IPL

Brilliant innings from Smith. Glad we won the game today. Still not confident about our batting, as long as get the runs Tahir and Zampa will give us a chance of winning games.

Malinga would have destroyed Smith and Daada Dhoni at the end. Lucky he wasn't playing today.

Saw the highlights , Southee dropped the match off Bumrah , wasn't too hard of a chance

Op is trying to say that Nehra is better now. If you could not handle him when he was bad how can you handle him now.
You are living in the past. Currently our pace is much superior to yours. We dont rely on our spinneres to take wickets unlike you guys.

IPL 2017 | Day 3 | 7th April | Rajkot | Match Thread

Gujarat butt heads with Kolkata tonight!

Who're you gunning for? :)

Gujarat butt heads with Kolkata tonight!

Who're you gunning for? :)

Cant watch it because of school, but I hope KKR will win because of Boult and Narine:narine

Gujrat is really batting heavy and getting some of the top order bats out cheaply will make things easier for KKR.

But you never know we might be seeing a McCullum blitz today:bm

Game underway....

Gujarat Lions 52/1 (6/20 ov)
Kolkata Knight Riders
Kolkata Knight Riders won the toss and elected to field

Suresh Raina and Dinesh Karthik both trying to make a statement for selection.

Kuldeep Yadav = 2 wickets, 25 runs in 4 overs.

Excellent bowling by Kuldeep

Gambhir justifying his 15 crore salary to Shah Rukh, 40 runs in 23 balls till now

Didn't get to see the match, Gujarat got wrecked. That bowling lineup is horrendous. I don't see them winning a single game with that. KKR is beasting. They still had pathan and uthappa to come

IPL 2017 | Day 4 | 8th April | Indore & Bengaluru | Matches Thread

Kings XI v Supergiant (16:00 local | 10:30 GMT | 06:30 EDT | 05:30 CDT | 03:30 PDT).

RCB v Daredevils (20:00 local | 14:30 GMT | 10:30 EDT | 09:30 CDT | 07:30 PDT).

No Rahul either! Rahul was expected to excel further this season (especially after a good test series against Australia! Though I know T20 is different, but I am talking about maturity levels). Injuries can't be helped (as in case of Kohli), but Rahul has to work on his fitness too. He is also a weaker fielder for today's fielding standards among youth! That with always put additional pressure on himself (that would mean that he should almost have the impact of someone like Sehwag to be selected in all 3 formats! Actually Sehwag was a good catcher even if he was slow in field)

Punjab is favorites,

Maxwell, Miller, Stonis still to come. I don't know why Patel was send before these three hitters.

And Tahir was not picked in auctions.

As I say, these IPL owners are a funny bunch.

And Pune has Ashok Dinda and Dan Christian...lol good luck for the tournament.

Captaincy for Maxwell is working as intended. A clear unambiguous thumbs up for his approach and he's producing the results.

Captaincy for Maxwell is working as intended. A clear unambiguous thumbs up for his approach and he's producing the results.

He sent other bats up the order which meant him and Miller get to face very less deliveries.

That move is so opposite to his batting style.

So far I am so impressed with overall standard at display. Everyshot is effort and fielding overall is pretty good. I understand you cant drop catches but that happens.

How can you drop Zampa ? What a mess

Why are you surprised?

Pune Supergiants is an idiotic name, team with an idiotic owner.

Sorry...Pune Supergiant.

They changed the name from giants to giant cos they felt everyone in the team was a giant so it would make sense to call it that (true story).

:)))

Why are you surprised?

Sorry...Pune Supergiant.

They changed the name from giants to giant cos they felt everyone in the team was a giant so it would make sense to call it that (true story).

I'm sure the cricketing brains did not choose the name but they surely do choose the team. With Smith at the helm and Dhoni always backing younguns - I thought they would defintely go through Tahir and Zampa all along. They were 20-30 runs short anyways , Punjab doesnt have an impressive bowling

I'm sure the cricketing brains did not choose the name but they surely do choose the team. With Smith at the helm and Dhoni always backing younguns - I thought they would defintely go through Tahir and Zampa all along. They were 20-30 runs short anyways , Punjab doesnt have an impressive bowling

The cricketing brains bought Dinda, Dan Christian.

They went all out for Stokes and spent their budget in 10 mins in auction when it was clear Pune doesn't have a quality pacer (Indian or foreign).

The cricketing brains are idiots too.

And Smith is a pathetic captain from what I saw in World T20.

Dhoni is old too.

They went all out for Stokes and spent their budget in 10 mins in auction when it was clear Pune doesn't have a quality pacer (Indian or foreign).

Dhoni is old too.

Think its because its only for one season so they wanted to go out with a bang and have lot of stars.

Dhoni is old too.

Being old doesn't necessarily mean you lose your wits. Some of the older cricketing brains show more in the think tank and tbf Dhoni isn't old.

At the end of the day , it's the franchise owners calls - management /captain can suggest but money is being spent by the Owners and they have their own advisors and stats people who crunch the numbers. Pune doesn't have a bad team - they just need the right playing 11

Delhi team looks beasting . They have the most balanced combination - Zahir , Billings , Carlos B , Mishra , Duminy , Rabada and Nair. They could be quite good

Being old doesn't necessarily mean you lose your wits. Some of the older cricketing brains show more in the think tank and tbf Dhoni isn't old.

At the end of the day , it's the franchise owners calls - management /captain can suggest but money is being spent by the Owners and they have their own advisors and stats people who crunch the numbers. Pune doesn't have a bad team - they just need the right playing 11

Last year of CSK and last year in Pune...Dhoni's captaincy was bizarre and stupid. CSK got to finals inspite of Dhoni's captaincy a point which I kept mentioning during the IPL that time. Then next year, same happened but since Pune team was crap, it got 2nd last place.

After that Dhoni's decision making looked more improved in recent times.

Number crunching and analysts are over-rated.

There are many stat analysts in cricket forums too. But many of their analysis leaves a lot to be desired.

Not saying the cricketing team of IPL teams are all crap but they get over-rated just cos they are "experts".

Last edited:
Why are you surprised?

Sorry...Pune Supergiant.

Doesn't the owner look like Mahat the tamil actor ? You know the mokka Premji's side piece from Mankatha ?:)))

It makes sense to rename the team to Supergiant, it gives more powerful feeling when you say it. You can't have many Supergiants as the the existence of many supergiants devalue the meaning.

Last year of CSK and last year in Pune...Dhoni's captaincy was bizarre and stupid. CSK got to finals inspite of Dhoni's captaincy a point which I kept mentioning during the IPL that time. Then next year, same happened but since Pune team was crap, it got 2nd last place.

After that Dhoni's decision making looked more improved in recent times.

Number crunching and analysts are over-rated.

There are many stat analysts in cricket forums too. But many of their analysis leaves a lot to be desired.

Not saying the cricketing team of IPL teams are all crap but they get over-rated just cos they are "experts".

In any league , the owners and management staff - who actually call the shots are often surrounded by Analysts and Statiscians - that'd their job - the ROI for a player, his previous stats etc all make a difference. Owners do this as a business deal and I'm sure each team owner has their MBA's and Math stats leading guys who help devise a plan. Captain's and coach can suggest names but not more than that

Back