Mumbai Indians are the champions of IPL 2017

I am not defending his action, he was definitely chucking. Came back with a remodeled action, was picked by Pune in 2011, played only one match and was sent home by sahara after he picked an injury. Even Rajeev Shukla made a remark that franchises should think before signing up a player and not ditch them in between.

Read a news later that he was struggling financially and was working on farm. Felt really bad for him and wished he had made enough money in IPL to provide for his family.

Yeah...its a sad story nonetheless.

KL Rahul's price is from 2014 when he was a nobody after which he was transferred, if he goes into auction now price will be a lot higher, wrong comparison.

Utthappa and samson are considered reliable batters who can turn matches with their performances from time to time something neither patel or saha can do, also saha and patel are test keepers for india, dhoni is the LOI keeper and will not be replaced by saha or patel when he retires from LOI, so again wrong comparison.

Raina averaged 28.5 at 127 in ipl 2016 while gambhir averaged 38.5 at 122 in ipl 2016, those are good nos and raina got the amount he did because of the whole RR and CSK split, if he goes into to open auction price will be lower and gambhir was bought in 2011 when he was indian opening mainstay and now he is KKR's captain so again price is relative to those factors can't just look at the nos.

Maxwell still has the reputation of a hitter and a simple question would be in a t20 game would most rather pick head or maxwell, answer for most would be maxwell, so the price. Australian team selection has no real value here.

Of all those indian pacers one needs to remember that bumrah is a MI find, they turned him into the bowler he is, if he goes into auction ( which he won't as they will most likely retain him) the price will be above 10 crores atleast.

mustafizur was not as reputed a bowler he is today when SRH bought him, again if he goes into auction today expect mills type price.

Rahane for all his indian team BS batting is a reliable player in ipl, so again indian team records don't matter much.

Ashwin and jadeja are matchwinners, other than bumrah no indian pacer is a match winner on his own.

Amla is not a ATG t20 player, he is an average at best t20 player this is ipl not a test match so can't expect people to pay prices as per his test abilities.

Thanks for the explanations. I do not know how the price of an existing player is decided by his team, but as you say a lot of good players seem to be underpaid by their teams due to this.

I do not agree that Saha cannot turn a match like Utthappa and Samson. He is the first player to have scored a century in an IPL final.

Mohammed shehzad is picked? I thought he will be picked at first place only... Such a talented guy going unsold :(pathetic IPL...

[MENTION=137142]JaDed[/MENTION] @sourav [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138295]EliteCynical[/MENTION]

Remember Kamran Khan guys? He went back to farming after being snubbed by IPL teams and heard he is leading a very difficult life and isn't able to support his family through his farming income.

I wish Dada hadn't raised question over his bowling action. He might have been able to provide a decent life to his family through IPL.

I did not know Dada had raised that question. He was a big deal with Warne backing him up big time. Sadly a lot of people have faded from the IPL - Asnodkar, Valthathy come to mind. While IPL gives a lifeline to many players, it could also be a double edged sword. i,e, by the time they scale themselves up, in terms of lifestyle, if the riches are suddenly snatched away, then the fall is even more harder, considering the huge amount of investments already made!

Mohammed shehzad is picked? I thought he will be picked at first place only... Such a talented guy going unsold :(pathetic IPL...

Easy mate. The IPL owners know what they are doing. The amount of research that goes into the auction is huge. They even have mock auctions before hand. Everyone comes with a specific plan. Just because he is good does not mean he should warrant a contract. Every team has a set requirement and for now looks like no team wants a foregin wicket keeper. Think of it - Can he come in as a pure batsman and in the process, have one of the established batsmen sit out? I don't think so. If he is made to play as a keeper bat, then balance of the side wrt foreign bowlers, takes a hit!

Srini mama did a fabulous job in bringing lee, styris for commentating in a local league

Abd Dean Jones & Matthew Hayden. Also a lot of promotional events by having them pray at local temples, having them wear the traditional south indian dres( white dhoti), along with a white shirt and sun glasses. Mama made some heads turn - Gotta give it to him!

Easy mate. The IPL owners know what they are doing. The amount of research that goes into the auction is huge. They even have mock auctions before hand. Everyone comes with a specific plan. Just because he is good does not mean he should warrant a contract. Every team has a set requirement and for now looks like no team wants a foregin wicket keeper. Think of it - Can he come in as a pure batsman and in the process, have one of the established batsmen sit out? I don't think so. If he is made to play as a keeper bat, then balance of the side wrt foreign bowlers, takes a hit!

He is in top 10 batsman of the world and you think he is not good enough batsman to be picked in final XI. Woah... Perhaps you haven't seen him bat bro. And he is opening batsman plus a good enough wk. I think he is good enough to get into top XI.

He is in top 10 batsman of the world and you think he is not good enough batsman to be picked in final XI. Woah... Perhaps you haven't seen him bat bro. And he is opening batsman plus a good enough wk. I think he is good enough to get into top XI.

Bigger players have not been picked at auctions, so I'm not sure why are you so surprised. He is gold for associate nation but does not fit in IPL dynamics.Had he been a leg spinning all rounder then for sure he would have fetched the best bucks. Heck, Gayle was unsold in 2009 or 2010 so this is nothing. He may be picked off hand lesser than his base price if someone backs out.

Okay so how do you explain Nic Pooran getting selected?

[MENTION=137142]JaDed[/MENTION] @sourav [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138295]EliteCynical[/MENTION]

Remember Kamran Khan guys? He went back to farming after being snubbed by IPL teams and heard he is leading a very difficult life and isn't able to support his family through his farming income.

I wish Dada hadn't raised question over his bowling action. He might have been able to provide a decent life to his family through IPL.

From what I remember reading he was working in his farm or his brother's farm to regain fitness or something like that .

He earned 15-20 lakhs from 3 years of IPL.Also played in SriLankan PL as well I think.

So he was hardly forced to work as farming labour .Unless he wasted all his earning as 15-20 lakh even today in India.I think that story was slightly melodramatic.

He is unfit,irrespective of ranking when he comes up against top sides not able to pick gaps he needs to run to release pressure.
For his base prize he was good but he occupies a "foreign" player slot for which imho he isn't good enough.

The above link of Shahzad is some really good batting.

Barring the first 2 shots, rest were CLEAN hits that too of Saffer pacers.

Hacking is what is needed in IPL anyway. Dwayne Smith has made a career out of it.

Sad to see my favourite Afghan player not selected. Probably India has many of the stroke makers. If only he could bowl a bit, he may have made it.

Okay so how do you explain Nic Pooran getting selected?

Shahzad is an opener who may not fit into the middle order. Teams do not want an opener may be, who can also keep. Pooran blasted 81 off 39 in one CPL game and is a middle order player i suppose (haven't checked). In any case MI have loads of cash. They may as well buy a young player to nurture for the coming years.

Some of the picks could be baffling, but each franchise knows what they are doing. Yes, the price war sometimes gets to be an ego issue, but ultimately a foreign guy is not picked if he is not needed to perform a SPECIFIC task. Marlon Samules - A guy who was the MoM and Won WI, 2 T20 WC finals was not picked, coz he doesn't fit the requirement.

TNPL had a bigger viewership last year than Big bash last year.l iirc.

Technically the 2nd most watched T20 league in the world unless PSL figures beat it.

Amazing.

It is where I see the future of IPL and cricket heading to.

16-24 team IPL over 3 months (March to May) with an international home season and domestic first class season in the months before (Nov to Feb).

Multiple smaller leagues like the TNPL where a lot of unknown talent can shine and make a decent living out of.

Similar to England and football where there are more than 100+ professional football clubs. With India's size, that will happen.

These IPL and PSL are meant only for Two Groupes .... Players and the Owners .... yessss !!!! The Fans are taken for a ride ..... they are given a False Sense of belonging to a local team. Do you think a foreign player gives a hoot about which Team he plays for ..... as long as the Owner of the Team stuffs his pockets with lots of money ??? I don't think so. Players in a Gully Cricket give more damn about their Team than these High Priced players !! So go ahead and cheer your local Team .... the players and the owners are laughing all the way to the bank !!!

Amazing.

It is where I see the future of IPL and cricket heading to.

16-24 team IPL over 3 months (March to May) with an international home season and domestic first class season in the months before (Nov to Feb).

Multiple smaller leagues like the TNPL where a lot of unknown talent can shine and make a decent living out of.

Similar to England and football where there are more than 100+ professional football clubs. With India's size, that will happen.

Not sure if serious or sarcastic post. That can never happen. India has a genuine responsibilty in World cricket to promote test and ODI cricket and cannot indulge in tamasha leagues.

However, If this ICC stand off continues and India is made to realise less profits and decides to eventually revolt and go off on it's own, then we may see a complete packer like circus, all year round with mass retirements from many international cricketers.

Not sure if serious or sarcastic post. That can never happen. India has a genuine responsibilty in World cricket to promote test and ODI cricket and cannot indulge in tamasha leagues.

However, If this ICC stand off continues and India is made to realise less profits and decides to eventually revolt and go off on it's own, then we may see a complete packer like circus, all year round with mass retirements from many international cricketers.

The only responsibility India has is towards providing decent livelihoods to at least some reasonable percentage of the thousands of kids and young adults slogging it out in the heat of India to become a professional.

That said, they are already doing a decent job of making cricket lucrative in other countries.

One of the big reasons of the decline of interest in Caribbean is that NBA is a lot more lucrative option than cricket for them. Once IPL starts hitting $5million+ contract numbers, that will start to change.

Last edited:
Very good article on the impact on some of these guys from amongst the lowest strata of society.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/feb/21/thangarasu-natarajan-punjab-ipl-the-spin

This comment echoes my thoughts on the matter

That's it. India's sheer geographical size, her population density and levels of poverty make it so very difficult to identify, nurture and then fulfill the talent she has. It's the only reason I have to support the BCCI's claims on a larger share of the ICC pie (a significant majority of which is contributed to by that same poor populace.) The capital needed to create the infrastructure in all these towns and villages, develop and employ talent scouts, is larger than what India can afford even if it were to keep ALL the $s contributed by Indians to the ICC.

Relatedly, as India develops a bigger infrastructure and unearths more and more players, we will need to expand opportunities for them beyond the national teams. Whether we like it or not, the IPL may need to be expanded.

These IPL and PSL are meant only for Two Groupes .... Players and the Owners .... yessss !!!! The Fans are taken for a ride ..... they are given a False Sense of belonging to a local team. Do you think a foreign player gives a hoot about which Team he plays for ..... as long as the Owner of the Team stuffs his pockets with lots of money ??? I don't think so. Players in a Gully Cricket give more damn about their Team than these High Priced players !! So go ahead and cheer your local Team .... the players and the owners are laughing all the way to the bank !!!

Fans don't care about any loyalty nonsense as long as they perform on the field .It's pretty much the same in football too.

And players have to perform otherwise won't get a contract next year.

So where exactly is this fans getting taken for a ride.

[MENTION=38994]dhump[/MENTION]
[MENTION=567]TAHIR[/MENTION] fan

Imran Tahir just joined Pune team in place of injured Mitchell Marsh.

Dude that can be argued for any sport , Does any Premier League player give a **** for which team they play for ?
Do NBA players give a hoot for which city they play ? Do NHL players care which jersey they are playing for ?
That's the nature of organized sports - stop being cynical

Now get ready to see no 1 spinner thrashed to oblivion. IPL is a high quality cricket.Average Joe cannot withstand quality Indian domestic and international batsman especially if you are a spinner. :yk2

I did not know Dada had raised that question. He was a big deal with Warne backing him up big time. Sadly a lot of people have faded from the IPL - Asnodkar, Valthathy come to mind. While IPL gives a lifeline to many players, it could also be a double edged sword. i,e, by the time they scale themselves up, in terms of lifestyle, if the riches are suddenly snatched away, then the fall is even more harder, considering the huge amount of investments already made!

This is not exactly NBA players like Iverson burning their money and ending up bankrupt. The Indian family-centered culture is different and big contracts do not mean bling but rather savings.

Truer words have never been spoken.

[MENTION=38994]dhump[/MENTION]
[MENTION=567]TAHIR[/MENTION] fan

Imran Tahir just joined Pune team in place of injured Mitchell Marsh.

Congrats to Tahir and step in the right direction ... hope he performs well.

Good pick,now they have 2 excellent leg spinners in form of Zampa and Tahir,although Tahir should have been selected in the original draft, he is number 1 in both ODI and T20 for some reason.

So there were no ulterior motives. :)

Even if there were some good to see them vanished ... end to the day I had no agenda to humiliate India by any logic, but to suggest a world where sports is free of politics.

Even if there were some good to see them vanished ... end to the day I had no agenda to humiliate India by any logic, but to suggest a world where sports is free of politics.

With all due respect to you otherwise,i guess most Indians tried to tell you that there were no ulterior motives.Please remove your bias againist India.

If there were any such issues they would be forthwith like not having Pakistani players,commentators and coaches in IPL anymore.

With all due respect to you otherwise,i guess most Indians tried to tell you that there were no ulterior motives.Please remove your bias againist India.

If there were any such issues they would be forthwith like not having Pakistani players,commentators and coaches in IPL anymore.

Reputation makes a different and India have reputation to do such things I know it is impossible for you to understand but in my point of view it is the easiest conclusion.

Reputation makes a different and India have reputation to do such things I know it is impossible for you to understand but in my point of view it is the easiest conclusion.

Reputation of not allowing Pakistanis.They do it forthwith and on their faces not hide it. Tahir is a Saffer for all practical purposes,like Khawaja is an aussie.

Pune sign Imran Tahir

South Africa's Imran Tahir, the No. 1-ranked ODI and T20 bowler, is set to turn up for a second IPL franchise - the Rising Pune Supergiant - after being signed as a replacement for the injured Australian allrounder Mitchell Marsh.

Marsh, who had to leave Australia's tour of India midway because of a shoulder injury, underwent a reconstructive surgery last week and faces the prospect of being sidelined for close to nine months. His unavailability allowed Supergiant to pick from the list of unsold players who had registered for the auction.

Tahir, released by Delhi Daredevils after the previous season, found no buyers at the auction in February, despite listing himself at a base price of 50 lakh INR (US$ 76,394 approx). The franchise now has two overseas legspinners in their roster - they retained Australian legspinner Adam Zampa after an impressive debut season in 2016.

Tahir, who played four games last season, had picked up 29 wickets in 20 matches for Delhi.

Reputation of not allowing Pakistanis.They do it forthwith and on their faces not hide it. Tahir is a Saffer for all practical purposes,like Khawaja is an aussie.

Reputation to act strange with Pakistanis even when they change nationalities ... Irrelevant of cricket field etc.

Like I said you will have problems understanding and accepting it also it all started with great IPL snub of Pakistani cricketers where there names were added and no one bid on them in the end so no it didn't started on their faces but with a cheap tactic.

Reputation to act strange with Pakistanis even when they change nationalities ... Irrelevant of cricket field etc.

Like I said you will have problems understanding and accepting it also it all started with great IPL snub of Pakistani cricketers where there names were added and no one bid on them in the end so no it didn't started on their faces but with a cheap tactic.

The names were added because they submitted NOCs. No one bid because no one wanted to as BCCI had told that PCB can pull off a 2009 like stunt anytime and they cant guarantee anything.

Even this year, Pakistani commies and coaches are not part of IPL.They have been very clear about it.

BCCI faces no issues if it doesnt allow Pakistanis.They dont need to hide anything.

The names were added because they submitted NOCs. No one bid because no one wanted to as BCCI had told that PCB can pull off a 2009 like stunt anytime and they cant guarantee anything.

Even this year, Pakistani commies and coaches are not part of IPL.They have been very clear about it.

BCCI faces no issues if it doesnt allow Pakistanis.They dont need to hide anything.

That was a snub and nothing more no one from Pakistan was informed that they will not be picked I am sorry you can put forth any logic (which may be logical to you and fellow Indians) for me that was a snub and shameful act.

Now they are openly shameless but before they had some dignity I agree.

That was a snub and nothing more no one from Pakistan was informed that they will not be picked I am sorry you can put forth any logic (which may be logical to you and fellow Indians) for me that was a snub and shameful act.

Now they are openly shameless but before they had some dignity I agree.

Shameless?Really?If you dont allow Pakistanis to earn money in India you become shameless?What stupid logic is this?

Just so that you know, each player signs a tripartite agreement in IPL,with BCCI and the franchisee.The BCCI takes responsibility of negotiating with the home board of the player for his availibility,NOC etc etc.In case of Pakistanis,BCCI refused to take that responsibility as PCB had pulled a stunt in 2009 and could do it again.Without such a guarantee no team was ready to buy Pakistanis.They were free to sign Pakistanis at their own risk,they didnt.

http://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/ashwin-murali-vijay-join-ipl-10-casualty-list-1366663.html

New Delhi: The tenth edition of the Indian Premier League it seems will be short on some star power with reports coming in that both Ravichandran Ashwin (Rising Pune Supergiant) and Murali Vijay (Kings XI Punjab) expected to give the campaign miss due to respective injuries.

A report in Wisden India claims that both Ashwin and Vijay will miss the entire tournament. Ashwin though will be ready in time for India's title defence at the ICC Champions Trophy in June.

The report further claims that the likes of Ravindra Jadeja and Umesh Yadav will sit out the initial stages of the T20 league. All these developments come after India just finished a long home season which saw them play 13 Test matches along with limited overs cricket.

CricketNext had earlier reported that KL Rahul has also been ruled out of the tenth edition of the cash-rich league.

The Karnataka batsman, who recently finished as India's second highest run-getter in the Border-Gavaskar series confirmed the same to CricketNext.

Speaking exclusively about the developments to CricketNext, Rahul said, "Yes I have been ruled out of the IPL, don't want to get into the details at this point. You will get an official word from the Royal Challengers Bangalore."

Sources close to RCB and Rahul informed that the India opener will be travelling to London soon to undergo surgery.

Rahul had first injured his shoulder during the Test series against England and he showed signs of discomfort while playing in the series against Australia too.

Rahul’s injury comes after RCB captain Virat Kohli also hinted that he might be out for few weeks due to a shoulder injury he suffered during the third Test in Ranchi.

RCB will open their campaign against defending champions Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 5.

[MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138295]EliteCynical[/MENTION] [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] Look at the amount of injuries that we were carrying but we still went on to play and win, now what about the loss that will occur to them for not playing IPL?

They really need to ban test crciket. Human bodies can take only so much abuse. Now these cricketers sre deprived of earning money to heal there body. I hope cricketers make a financial decision and onlt play T20. test cricket needs to end. Now.

[MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138295]EliteCynical[/MENTION] [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] Look at the amount of injuries that we were carrying but we still went on to play and win, now what about the loss that will occur to them for not playing IPL?

Good time to take a rest and keep themselves fit for the champions trophy.

They really need to ban test crciket. Human bodies can take only so much abuse. Now these cricketers sre deprived of earning money to heal there body. I hope cricketers make a financial decision and onlt play T20. test cricket needs to end. Now.
Nobody forced them to play test cricket anyway. They can just retire from the format and let other cricketers play. There are 100's of kids who want to play for India. Just because some pyjama cricket fans who only watch cricket for 2 months per year think that test cricket is useless won't make it useless.

Nobody forced them to play test cricket anyway. They can just retire from the format and let other cricketers play. There are 100's of kids who want to play for India. Just because some pyjama cricket fans who only watch cricket for 2 months per year think that test cricket is useless won't make it useless.

Yes they are being forced to play. This old mans format is being forced upon everyone else. It is in ICU and T20 is used to revive this old man. Stands are empty, no one is watching, writing is on the wall but they still forcibly schedule this cricket in slo mo.

It was coming. The moment Vijay was upgraded to A Grade contract, I knew something was cooking. Clearly the priority seems to be keeping yourself fit for international games and it is not as if these guys were faking injuries. Those are all genuine injuries which are bound to happen when you play a long season.

I think the franchise owners would have been informed prior and asked to prepare a backup. I agree, it was commendable that they won the test series even after the injuries, commendable, yet risky, coz I still blame Ashwin for not being 100% and taking almost Aus for granted. It could have backfired in a big way.

Time for youngsters and non test performers to shine in IPL I suppose

It was coming. The moment Vijay was upgraded to A Grade contract, I knew something was cooking. Clearly the priority seems to be keeping yourself fit for international games and it is not as if these guys were faking injuries. Those are all genuine injuries which are bound to happen when you play a long season.

I think the franchise owners would have been informed prior and asked to prepare a backup. I agree, it was commendable that they won the test series even after the injuries, commendable, yet risky, coz I still blame Ashwin for not being 100% and taking almost Aus for granted. It could have backfired in a big way.

Time for youngsters and non test performers to shine in IPL I suppose

I don't think he could had hidden it from the team management he was obviously not fit but at the end of the day management could had easily seen through. Tbh it did backfire because somehow we lost first test because of overspin,Kuldeep was ideal for the first test with his googlies.

BCCI takes out 130 crore IPL insurance policy for Indian players

A six-month long home season seems to have taken its toll on the Indian team cricketers with as many as six of them nursing injuries. The subsequent IPL absence is a trickle-down effect. According to the BCCI release, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja and Umesh Yadav will miss a segment of the IPL 10, while R Ashwin, Murali Vijay and KL Rahul are ruled out of the tournament. The BCCI’s player insurance for the IPL, however, will properly compensate the injured national players.

What is IPL player insurance?

It’s an insurance policy for all the centrally contracted players. The scheme had been introduced before the fourth edition of the tournament, following a discussion between then BCCI secretary N Srinivasan and the Indian team players. It compensates the players in case of IPL non-appearance/unavailability because of injury/accident and illness/sickness.

Who are eligible?

If a contracted player picks up an injury while playing for the country and misses the IPL fully or partially, he comes under the insurance scheme and becomes eligible for compensation.

How much does the BCCI spend for the IPL player insurance?

Alliance Insurance is the BCCI’s insurance partner and the total sum insured for 30 players— centrally contracted and also part of the IPL— this term is Rs 128.7 crore. The cricket board pays a premium in excess of Rs 4 crore.

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...g-the-ipl-dont-lose-out-on-big-money-4595728/

Well, whatever you say about N Srinivasan, he has done loads of good work for the Indian cricketers both past and present, mandating pensions for all the retired cricketers apart from the big one-time lump sum payment changed the lives of retired cricketers and now this IPL insurance policy takes care of the present cricketers and makes sure that everyone gives 100% to the country in the Internationals without worrying about IPL contract.

Absolutely. I will take a shrewd srini mama anyday over the buffoons in bcci right now.

A six-month long home season seems to have taken its toll on the Indian team cricketers with as many as six of them nursing injuries. The subsequent IPL absence is a trickle-down effect. According to the BCCI release, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja and Umesh Yadav will miss a segment of the IPL 10, while R Ashwin, Murali Vijay and KL Rahul are ruled out of the tournament. The BCCI’s player insurance for the IPL, however, will properly compensate the injured national players.

What is IPL player insurance?

It’s an insurance policy for all the centrally contracted players. The scheme had been introduced before the fourth edition of the tournament, following a discussion between then BCCI secretary N Srinivasan and the Indian team players. It compensates the players in case of IPL non-appearance/unavailability because of injury/accident and illness/sickness.

Who are eligible?

If a contracted player picks up an injury while playing for the country and misses the IPL fully or partially, he comes under the insurance scheme and becomes eligible for compensation.

How much does the BCCI spend for the IPL player insurance?

Alliance Insurance is the BCCI’s insurance partner and the total sum insured for 30 players— centrally contracted and also part of the IPL— this term is Rs 128.7 crore. The cricket board pays a premium in excess of Rs 4 crore.

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...g-the-ipl-dont-lose-out-on-big-money-4595728/

Well, whatever you say about N Srinivasan, he has done loads of good work for the Indian cricketers both past and present, mandating pensions for all the retired cricketers apart from the big one-time lump sum payment changed the lives of retired cricketers and now this IPL insurance policy takes care of the present cricketers and makes sure that everyone gives 100% to the country in the Internationals without worrying about IPL contract.

Wow
Really great policy and foresight

Srini Mama is Srini Mama.

Don't agree with him always but is there a more able cricket administrator in the world?

I don't think so.

Remember Srini made BCCI give some money to older players as well. Top notch administrator, world is sadly made on system of greed and capitalism , corruption yes but incompetence is a NO.

Remember Srini made BCCI give some money to older players as well. Top notch administrator, world is sadly made on system of greed and capitalism[/B] , corruption yes but incompetence is a NO.

You seem to think that capitalism is bad. I would say it's a wonderful thing. It sets a great platform for people to pursue anything they want and in the amount they want. If you are good at something and you put in the effort, you will be successful. That is almost a guarntee. The best form where talent and effort are rewarded and considered above everything else.

Appologies for veering off topic.

You seem to think that capitalism is bad. I would say it's a wonderful thing. It sets a great platform for people to pursue anything they want and in the amount they want. If you are good at something and you put in the effort, you will be successful. That is almost a guarntee. The best form where talent and effort are rewarded and considered above everything else.

Appologies for veering off topic.

Yes it also means there always needs to be enough resources to capitalize upon,for example if BCCI has made inroads into all the towns small and big it will now try to move beyond the borders to make more money thereby getting decisions influenced differently.

Absolutely. I will take a shrewd srini mama anyday over the buffoons in bcci right now.

Srini Mama is Srini Mama.

Don't agree with him always but is there a more able cricket administrator in the world?

I don't think so.

Remember Srini made BCCI give some money to older players as well. Top notch administrator, world is sadly made on system of greed and capitalism , corruption yes but incompetence is a NO.

Another very important point to note is that many Indian's get influenced by the foreign media reporting on our BCCI administrators, Srinivasan did nothing wrong, it was just his bad luck that his son-in-law was into betting. All the good Srini did for Indian cricket throughout decades for Tamil Nadu and then Indian cricket can't be forgotten just because of his son-in-law and if foreign journalists say so.

The greatest administrator in World Cricket : Late Shri Jagmohan Dalmiya was also vilified and demonised during his time by the Australian and English media for standing upto them and demanding more rights for the Indian subcontinent teams, demanding World Cup rights, demanding abolition of Imperial Cricket council vetos, test status for Bangladesh and many other such initiatives.

If you search for articles, you can still find many articles of 15-20 years back which if read in today's time would make you think like Dalmiya was an evil man or something, it is just that social media etc were not there 20 years back. So, At least Dalmiya can rely on home support unlike now where every Indian administrator is vilified and demonised by both the foreign journalists and also some of Indian fans online.

Similarly, During 2008-2010 IPL, Lalit Modi was the Evil child trying to destroy cricket and was fit only to be scorned upon and abused but after his term in IPL when he started targeting his enemies in BCCI, the very same journalists started visiting him in his home to get soundbites, write articles based on his information and generally he was the reformed, Good Child now.

All the IPL TV AD space sold out even before a Single Ball is bowled

With the IPL starting in three days, Sony has achieved what Fox had a week ahead of the Super Bowl: Sell all advertising spots prior to the kick-off of the year’s biggest TV event.

“IPL is growing every year — even in its 10th year — and this has been by far the best year. We have got the highest number of sponsors this time, including three co-presenting and 11 associates,” said Rohit Gupta, president of network sales and international business at SPN.

SPN has already sold out its entire inventory, Gupta said. “We don’t have anything else remaining, except for a few seconds in semi-finals and finals.L ast year, those went at Rs 16-18 lakh per 10 seconds, this year they may go up to Rs 20 lakh. But that is a notional number and as the inventory is miniscule, it will not reflect much in the overall number,” he said.

Earlier, he had said that SPN would keep at least 15-20% of the available spots for later stages. “Every year, we face a situation where advertisers want to buy spots at a premium, but we do not have inventory.This time, we decided to keep 15-20% of the inventory for advertisers to buy at later stage, but that too has been sold,” he said.

This season, SPN raised the spot rates by 15% to Rs 6.25 lakh, which did not deter the advertisers.

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ore-a-ball-is-bowled/articleshow/57980273.cms

IPL 2017 Offcial Broadcast and Streaming thread

IPL 2017 will begin on 5th April at 20:00 IST/ 14:30 GMT, this thread is meant for discussions regarding Official Broadcast and Streaming availability in various countries.

VIVO IPL broadcasting TV channel and digital streaming list in various countries is as below:

(Territory) = Broadcaster

(India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, = Sony Pictures Network/Sony Six, Sony Max, Sony ESPN
Maldives & their respective territories,
Commonwealth & possessions)

(India) = Hotstar.com

(Indian subcontinent) = Cricketgateway.com

(Afghanistan) = Lemar TV & Cricketgateway.com

(Bangladesh) = Bong BD and cricketgateway.com

(USA & its territories & possessions) = ESPN and Willow TV

(Canada) = Cricketgateway.com & Ethnic channel group

(South Africa & Sub-Saharan Africa) = Super Sport

(UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man &
Channel Island & the European territories = Sky Sports
& possessions only)

(European territory) = Talk Radio

(Australia) = Cricketgateway.com

(MENA Countries) - Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq,
Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, = OSN Rights
Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan,
Syria, Tunasia, UAE and Yemen only.

(Caribbean) = Flow TV and Sportsmax

(New Zealand) = Sky NZ

(Singapore) = Singtel, Starhub, Elevan sports (OTT) and cricketgateway.com

(Malaysia) = Astro and cricketgateway.com

(South East Asia) = Cricketgateway.com

(Rest of Asia) = Cricketgateway.com

(South America) = Cricketgateway.com

(Hong Kong) = Now TV & Cricketgateway.com

I think Pune would be a beast team this season especailly with Rahane, Dhoni and Smith.
Zampa and Tahir makes them one of the best spin sides this season arguably.

anyone else into fantasy leagues ? I'v done it for NHL and the NBA before and I believe there was one last year for the IPL . Anyone doing that this year ?

IPL 2017 | Day 1 | 5th April | Hyderabad | Match Thread

So the Sunrisers Hyderabad take on the RCB at Hyderabad (Deccan) tonight.

Who're you gunning for? :)

I heard the organizers are planning 8 opening ceremonies at all 8 home grounds this year. The list of bollywood celebrities performing are also released

With the IPL starting in three days, Sony has achieved what Fox had a week ahead of the Super Bowl: Sell all advertising spots prior to the kick-off of the year’s biggest TV event.

“IPL is growing every year — even in its 10th year — and this has been by far the best year. We have got the highest number of sponsors this time, including three co-presenting and 11 associates,” said Rohit Gupta, president of network sales and international business at SPN.

SPN has already sold out its entire inventory, Gupta said. “We don’t have anything else remaining, except for a few seconds in semi-finals and finals.L ast year, those went at Rs 16-18 lakh per 10 seconds, this year they may go up to Rs 20 lakh. But that is a notional number and as the inventory is miniscule, it will not reflect much in the overall number,” he said.

Earlier, he had said that SPN would keep at least 15-20% of the available spots for later stages. “Every year, we face a situation where advertisers want to buy spots at a premium, but we do not have inventory.This time, we decided to keep 15-20% of the inventory for advertisers to buy at later stage, but that too has been sold,” he said.

This season, SPN raised the spot rates by 15% to Rs 6.25 lakh, which did not deter the advertisers.

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ore-a-ball-is-bowled/articleshow/57980273.cms

But but but ipl is a tamasha league no one cares about if u go through comments on pak passion.

I think Pune would be a beast team this season especailly with Rahane, Dhoni and Smith.
Zampa and Tahir makes them one of the best spin sides this season arguably.

Nah, they can just play 4 foreigners, so 1 of Zampa/Tahir can play with Smith, Stokes and Faf certain to play..

SRH seem more settled than RCB, I wouldn't be suprised if they won today.

SRH seem more settled than RCB, I wouldn't be suprised if they won today.
Srh always has the wood on rcb in main matches. They have won both finals defeating rcb and in many seasons in the last round of matches where rcb has to win against hyd to qualify for knock outs they lose badly even when srh or deccan chargers are fighting for wooden spoon

Srh always has the wood on rcb in main matches. They have won both finals defeating rcb and in many seasons in the last round of matches where rcb has to win against hyd to qualify for knock outs they lose badly even when srh or deccan chargers are fighting for wooden spoon

That could play a part as well.

Although Warner has been off form during the India series, need to get him into form asap.

IPL fans do want to watch cricket 12 months an year. It's just that don't want to watch Test Cricket.

Another very important point to note is that many Indian's get influenced by the foreign media reporting on our BCCI administrators, Srinivasan did nothing wrong, it was just his bad luck that his son-in-law was into betting. All the good Srini did for Indian cricket throughout decades for Tamil Nadu and then Indian cricket can't be forgotten just because of his son-in-law and if foreign journalists say so.

The greatest administrator in World Cricket : Late Shri Jagmohan Dalmiya was also vilified and demonised during his time by the Australian and English media for standing upto them and demanding more rights for the Indian subcontinent teams, demanding World Cup rights, demanding abolition of Imperial Cricket council vetos, test status for Bangladesh and many other such initiatives.

If you search for articles, you can still find many articles of 15-20 years back which if read in today's time would make you think like Dalmiya was an evil man or something, it is just that social media etc were not there 20 years back. So, At least Dalmiya can rely on home support unlike now where every Indian administrator is vilified and demonised by both the foreign journalists and also some of Indian fans online.

Similarly, During 2008-2010 IPL, Lalit Modi was the Evil child trying to destroy cricket and was fit only to be scorned upon and abused but after his term in IPL when he started targeting his enemies in BCCI, the very same journalists started visiting him in his home to get soundbites, write articles based on his information and generally he was the reformed, Good Child now.

Gotta disagree with you a bit here mate.

The whole Lorgat fiasco regardless of reporting was pathetic from Srini and Board.

Srini saving Dhoni in 2012 using technicality. Long story but Dhoni got to continue as test captain too.

DRS fiasco. 2008 team protested for a reason. Later on, even they got on board but Srini was against it. Heard he even shut up domestic players who preferred wanting it.

Big 3 ruling where associates get super low money (its ok for the big 3 to take more money...understandable but you gotta look at the larger picture too....cricket unlike football needs more nations so for long term sake, we got to give more to associates....not take away from their share and pay all main test playing teams more with big 3 getting the most).

He and Lalit Modi were involved in a Flintoff auction scandal themselves too right? Leaked email of Srini to Modi.

So no...he was nowhere close to a saint but yeah...he was a gun administrator.

Reg your comments about journalists, that I agree. Narratives can be easily created.

Last edited:
Back