New Zealand v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Wellington | 17/1/11 | Day 3 | Session 2

Once the NZ lead is under 100, Pakistan will have a big mental edge.

I can't help but ask, do Pakistan really need the match-fixers and oath-takers back? This is the most stable and consistent Pakistan side I have seen in ages.

Pak test side seems mature and competitive. Only person seems out of it is Hafeez

I can't help but ask, do Pakistan really need the match-fixers and oath-takers back? This is the most stable and consistent Pakistan side I have seen in ages.

No. This team will beat England, India etc.

Yes, we need Amir at the minimum

the batting is outstanding, but the bowling lacks at least 2 game changers

This is against New Zealand on flat decks,so I wouldn't look to much into it.

Not like Yousuf has been denied the opportunity. Only worthy name missing is Miandad, who was very close with 280*, when Imran declared. Unfair, sometimes the personal milestones are important, too.

Yeh I read something about that, was this ever followed as to why Imran didn't let him get his 300? Some captains are really good when it comes to letting their players get their own personal milestones.

Not like Yousuf has been denied the opportunity. Only worthy name missing is Miandad, who was very close with 280*, when Imran declared. Unfair, sometimes the personal milestones are important, too.

Yea I heard about that. Did Imran do it intentionally?? Thats what my dad thinks.

Yeh I read something about that, was this ever followed as to why Imran didn't let him get his 300? Some captains are really good when it comes to letting their players get their own personal milestones.

Imran was all about winning. We scored over 700 runs in that innings. Miandad should have upped his pace. Imran scored a great hundred too. England drew the game after Gatting scored 150, so he had to declare then.

Nah, Imran declared by accident.

It was more about the match situation, Imran apparently felt that they needed more time to bowl out the opposition. Controversially, I think we won the match with a day and a half to spare.

Younis needs to tighten up, not sure what's happened in the last 10 mins. He's flailing.

franklin isnt actually a bad bowler looking at the bowlers newzealand have. why isnt he getting to bowl

Imran gave Miandad a time limit at the break, saying we'll bat for so-and-so more overs, try to get your 300. Miandad tried but fell short :(

Did things change btwn Miandad and Imran after that innings coz to be left hanging dry at 280* could leave a bad mark btwn player and captain?

Younis going through a tough phase

Hes survived, so I'm not expecting any more stupid strokes

im curious as to why they didn't play Miles. His pace would have been handy

99 is also a score NZ are very familiar with Vs Pak.

:gul

:asif

:amir

It was more about the match situation, Imran apparently felt that they needed more time to bowl out the opposition. Controversially, I think we won the match with a day and a half to spare.

Imran was all about winning. We scored over 700 runs in that innings. Miandad should have upped his pace. Imran scored a great hundred too. England drew the game after Gatting scored 150, so he had to declare then.

:13: so which is it?

I dunno why but the way Pakistani batsmen play (even if they have scored a 90 odd runs and are on the crease for 5 hours), it NEVER feels like they are fully set and its going to take a huge effort to get them out... it always feels like a soft dismissal could happen any minute.

As a captain it makes sense but would letting him get just 20 runs for his 300 really had made a difference in the shape or result of the match?

I feel that was unfair bcoz when you get so close to a milestone which would live on forever and then to be left hanging dry just because of your captain, that can hurt a players confidence alot.

im expecting a score of 400 by the end of day's play. Anything about it would be job well done...

Younis misses out on a bad ball there. He's looking asleep atm.

Back