Pak V Eng: ODI 2: Score updates and discussion thread (Eng innings)

and to add to my arguements of double standards read all previous posts about razzaq's bowling. They all say he is a pie thrower and whatnot however as soon as he bowls well every1's opinion changes..

great...job Razza...great bowling pakistan even Sami is bowling superb, tough luck for him, dropped one off his bowling then one edge went to first slip where YK was little far away...Pakistan on Fire, great work boys

Poor effort from Salman in the field. Should have tried to take that.

Crazy Dholi said:
Razzaq Playing well for his standards.

his standards? he used to be an amazing bowler that could turn around matches and still has that ability so why undermine his standards to anyone elses?

The_Cricket_Devil said:
A captain being judged by how many games he has won as a captain is only one side of the arguement however we always talk about ppl not given a decent run and whatnot yet we yell for ppl to be taken off/dropped as soon as something bad happens double standards my friends you cannot plz every1 and G JONES LUCKY BALL BARELY MISSES THE STUMPS!

Making good bowling changes is one of major tasks of the captain and you cannot put a match at risk by continuing to bowl someone just to give them a decent run.

Razzaq looks like hes got some zip and tricks under his sleeve; inswingers, outswingers, slower balls. Encouraging developments!

aamir said:
Making good bowling changes is one of major tasks of the captain and you cannot put a match at risk by continuing to bowl someone just to give them a decent run.

i agree however a captain must put faith in his bowler's ability to bounce back and at least allow him to continue for another as not to dent his confidence and lower his morale

The_Cricket_Devil said:
no need to bring on kaneria atm wiht other bowleers bowling very well as kaneria is bound to go for runs here

Waqar is right about Kaneria .. he either gets hit for boundaries or gets wickets .. u cant defend a genuine leggie all day .

batsmen are playing defensive .. they will edge one off Kaneria .. or get out trying to work his deliveries..

yes the pacers are doing well .. but if u keep bowling pace to the batsmen, they wil eventually get settled in..

right now you need to ATTACK ..

the only 2 attacking bowlers are SHOAIB and DANISH

Maiden from Sami, first one of the series so far.

pakistan hitting the stumps directly on a regular basis here and that is a good sign for future run out opportunities

The_Cricket_Devil said:
pakistan hitting the stumps directly on a regular basis here and that is a good sign for future run out opportunities

Isnt that the case always ... they only MISS when it counts.... lol

aamir said:

Well Rana took 2 wickets in an over, what a stupid decision to keep him in the attack eh

England's Run rate has dipped alarmingly, now at 4

Sheikh said:
Fair enough. I didn't agree with alot of Inzi's tactics in the first match either and was quite frustrated at his reliance on the spinners. Still I back him as our captain beacause he has done wonders with a young team in both forms of the game. And a captain is meant to back his players, how else are you going to win games?

Great bowling by Razzaq!

Pakistan on top!

By backing him if you mean continue to support Inzi as the captain, I do too. By criticizing him I am not asking for a change by any means. I don't because I don't think the options will be good until after the World Cup. Especially since there is a risk that Inzi's batting might suffer because of a change.

Pakistani on top for sure...It would be good to be 1-1 when the Beast returns.

i wonder if eng will take the risk of removing plunkett or blackwell for solanki if the next wicket falls quick SHOAIB BACK ON!

The_Cricket_Devil said:
i wonder if eng will take the risk of removing plunkett or blackwell for solanki if the next wicket falls quick SHOAIB BACK ON!
Attacking bowler now on ...

but he is injured... limping still .. easy boundaries off pace ..

should have been KANERIA

The_Cricket_Devil said:

They will do it , i can bet on it, They gotten lucky again with supersub today...they ll bring Solanki in for Jimmy Anderson :13:

immubhai said:
Was the catch that went to Salman Butt an easy catch off Sami?

I didn't think so, dropped about 3 feet short of him and he'd have needed to dive forward and take it low to the ground. Would have been a stunning catch

DotCom said:
Attacking bowler now on ...

but he is injured... limping still .. easy boundaries off pace ..

should have been KANERIA

what? Shobba gotten injured? how? while bowling or off the field?

immubhai said:
Was the catch that went to Salman Butt an easy catch off Sami?

salman butt went down too early for the catch and didnt go at it hard. SHOAIB GETS JONES AT SLIP TO A VICIOUS BOUNCER!

Another crap bowling change by Inzi. What a f***ing shambles his captaincy is.

pacman said:
gone, Shoaib strikes.

WOW .... Shoaib on FIRE

now bring Kaneria on other end and WRAP IT UP ALREADY ... I NEED SOME SLEEP BEFORE WORK ..

man .. u can see clearly that botham was vry vey dissappointed on jones dismissal

hardly praised shoaib on a wonderful delievery

Big Mac said:
I didn't think so, dropped about 3 feet short of him and he'd have needed to dive forward and take it low to the ground. Would have been a stunning catch

thanks Mac.. i thought so becuase of most of the ppers did not show too much anger on that dropped catch, but there was someone who claimed it was an easy catch so i thought , ask again before i start cursing Butt for that :D

Big Mac said:

what was so crap about it? he brings on shoaib for a most probable one over burst and it works for a wicket

By the way, let's give Beefy some kudos for his awesome line as Shoaib was pointing Geraint back to the pavilion.

"and he's just checking the wind direction" :cool:

was that a drop i couldnt really tell atrocious camera work ooo that was a chance shoaib malik drops it good effort anyways

Big Mac said:

i was surprised to read that, could not understand till i read thay you being again ironical about Inzi...cricinfo is not uploading guys, so please rather avoid your sarcasam...i again took it in a wrong way...Inzi the great...clever captain brought Shobba to hit the nails faster in English coffin :D

great decision by shoaib n inzy. certainly shoaib was confident enough to take another spell ...

and as i speak .. anotehr catch dropped

It was dropped-but a good effort.

Apart from those '5 consecutive balls of madness' from Rana - that went for 20, Pak ghave been excellent.

I cant believe myself..akhter is back..it is first time I am seeing inzi going for kill ....now i think he is really matuaring as a captain

The_Cricket_Devil said:
what was so crap about it? he brings on shoaib for a most probable one over burst and it works for a wicket

I think you need this too.

http://www.answers.com/sarcasm&r=67

sar·casm (sär'kăz'əm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See synonyms at wit1.

[Late Latin sarcasmus, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein, to bite the lips in rage, from sarx, sark-, flesh.]

Have not understood why we dont have a FINER fine leg? At least 60 runs have come down there.

why are collingwoods SLazengers so awful ? he broke 2, and now his 3rd.... he keeps looking at it... ready to break again ..

he needs some UT bats from Karachi ....

Back