Pak V Eng: ODI 2: Score updates and discussion thread (Eng innings)

Big Mac..... I was also surprised to read your sarcasm, could not understand till i read thay you being again ironical about Inzi...cricinfo is not uploading guys, so please rather avoid your sarcasam...i again took it in a wrong way...Inzi the great...clever captain brought Shobba to hit the nails faster in English coffin

Ok fellas, who's crying about Inzi's bowling changes now?

DotCom said:
why are collingwoods SLazengers so awful ? he broke 2, and now his 3rd.... he keeps looking at it... ready to break again ..

he needs some UT bats from Karachi ....

I dont think modern players knock their bats in any more-in maaaa day, you would see players on the balcony knocking their bats in...these dats they are machine knocked...and in Collingwoods case...Slazenger forgot to knock them in!!!

If Arshad is a better batsman than kaneria we should substitute him with kaneria for number 11 position

I still say we need Kaneria in there on 1 end ... he is an attacking bowler ... mix up extreme pace with extreme spin .. kaneria will get good bounce..

ENG better be gone for under 150...

i dont think eng is going to be a/o for under 150 my prediction is somewhere close to 180 as the tail of england always wags

This wicket is MUCH faster ... look at all the BOLDS ...
runs behind WICKET ..

HARMISON
ANDERSON
FLINTOFF
and even PLUNKETT

wont be easy to chase ... our batsmen struggle against good bounce ...

DotCom said:
This wicket is MUCH faster ... look at all the BOLDS ...
runs behind WICKET ..

HARMISON
ANDERSON
FLINTOFF
and even PLUNKETT

wont be easy to chase ... our batsmen struggle against good bounce ...

It is the same wicket as in the first ODI,

It is The Rawalpindi Express and Ranadinho who have changed from the first game.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
i agree however a captain must put faith in his bowler's ability to bounce back and at least allow him to continue for another as not to dent his confidence and lower his morale

I think you are giving Inzi far too much credit on this one..... ;-)

Shayan_Sohail said:
It is the same wicket as in the first ODI,

It is The Rawalpindi Express and Ranadinho who have changed from the first game.

lets hope you are not wrong..cos i dont want this happening to Pakistan

its the same wicket, but theres more pace in it .. it may have been watered differently ..rolled more .. etc...

just watching the mph can tell u that ..

175 is a fighting total ...

zorawar said:
I think some calf strain... not as serious as a ligament tear or hamstring etc.
I think it happened in the 2nd over when he saved the four with one hand off of Ranas bowling ... I had the feeling

Big Mac said:
Another crap bowling change by Inzi. What a f***ing shambles his captaincy is.

Yes bring back the guy who is limping and prone to injuries when everything is under control. Absolutely freaking brilliant.

aamir said:
Yes bring back the guy who is limping and prone to injuries when everything is under control. Absolutely freaking brilliant.
well Sami aint limping. Is he?

Big Mac said:
Well Rana took 2 wickets in an over, what a stupid decision to keep him in the attack eh

Yes because Inzi knew this would happen and kept persisting with Rana, as cold hard statistics and facts (which Inzi is always on top of) support the notion that a bowler going at 7.5 an over is likely to come back and take 2 wickets!

aamir said:
Yes because Inzi knew this would happen and kept persisting with Rana, as cold hard statistics and facts (which Inzi is always on top of) support the notion that a bowler going at 7.5 an over is likely to come back and take 2 wickets!

Rana is a proven odi bowler thus he deserves the chance to redeem himself and im sure that is why inzi kept him on. HE SHOWED FAITH IN HIS BOWLING RESERVES! why is it so hard to believe that?

James Anderson will not bowl. England are 1 bowler short now

Collingwood
Plunkett
Flintoff
Harmison
Blackwell

Thats all England will have

The_Cricket_Devil said:
or is it that u are not giving him enough credit? :13:

It is all conjecture I am afraid no one knows for sure what the big man thinks...or even when and if he does ;-)

did n't i say they are going to make Jimmy boy sit for Solanki, boy, they again had luck with Super Sub

aamir said:
It is all conjecture I am afraid no one knows for sure what the big man thinks...or even when and if he does ;-)

exactly. Therefore we should all just sit back and let the match unfold and stop the captaincy criticizing comments

The_Cricket_Devil said:
Rana is a proven odi bowler thus he deserves the chance to redeem himself and im sure that is why inzi kept him on. HE SHOWED FAITH IN HIS BOWLING RESERVES! why is it so hard to believe that?

Yes just like he did in the first game...worked extremely well in that game, no as well.

aamir said:

He's done it before. Don't you remember the pumping he got from India before bouncing back to take some important wickets?

aamir said:
Yes just like he did in the first game...worked extremely well in that game, no as well.

agn this relates to a previous argument. It isnt the captains fault if the bowlers have a rough day no particular bowler did well that day and inzi worked with it the best he could

The_Cricket_Devil said:
exactly. Therefore we should all just sit back and let the match unfold and stop the captaincy criticizing comments

Not so fast, he well within his rights think what he does and not at all, but he remains answerable for his *decisions* as a captain. There no such thing as Authority without checks and balances.

I guess the Inzi haters must be devestated that HE led us to THAT 2-0 victory over England!!!

nafajafam said:
shouldnt solanki have come in for plunkett?

Plunkett's a better batsman than both Jimmeh Anderson and Harmison and they need to make sure the tailenders can hang around with Solanki right now. Anderson's the weakest batsman in the XI and he's hit and miss as a bowler.

Solanki is very dangerous in these situations-can easily work his way to 50-60 runs without you realising

Back