Pak V Eng: ODI 2: Score updates and discussion thread (Eng innings)

aamir said:
Not so fast, he well within his rights think what he does and not at all, but he remains answerable for his *decisions* as a captain. There no such thing as Authority without checks and balances.

Haha, you can harp on about "checks and balances" and "cold hard statistics and facts" all you like but feel free to continue to ignore the importance that gut instinct plays in captaincy as well.

And with a gut the size of Inzi's who are we to argue with it's instinct?

Last edited:
Big Mac said:
Haha, you can harp on about "checks and balances" and "cold hard statistics and facts" all you like but feel free to continue the importance that gut instinct plays in captaincy as well.

:)))

neways guys its getting really late here now so im gonna go to bed inshallah pakistan will win this match allahafiz all

The_Cricket_Devil said:
agn this relates to a previous argument. It isnt the captains fault if the bowlers have a rough day no particular bowler did well that day and inzi worked with it the best he could

Yes it is the captains fault if he bowls someone who IS ALREADY having a bad day and not someone who IS HAVING a good day (in comparison) and has overs left.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
neways guys its getting really late here now so im gonna go to bed inshallah pakistan will win this match allahafiz all

Now thats too bad!

aamir said:
Yes it is the captains fault if he bowls someone who IS ALREADY having a bad day and not someone who IS HAVING a good day (in comparison) and has overs left.

If you are referring to Rana, he had 5 consecutive bad balls. Went from 4 overs for 15, to 5 overs for 32. Then recovered DAMN well!

Oxy™ said:
Situation demands u to go for a kill and finish off their innings as soon as possible. What do we do? We have spinners on both ends. Dont u think a pacer is more likely to rattle the tailenders?

Big Mac said:
Haha, you can harp on about "checks and balances" and "cold hard statistics and facts" all you like but feel free to continue to ignore the importance that gut instinct plays in captaincy as well.

The only thing I agree about there is the size of Inzi gut.... And yes facts are overrated anyways!

Are there any demons in the pitch ot have england been undone by purely good bowling by pak?

I think Inzi should bring Akhtar back into the attack, even though he is giving away easy runs, he's also taken wickets and the sooner Englands innings end the better!

Shoaib shd be back from one end and maybe sami from the other.

Also shd replace Kaneria by supersub Arshad, just to try another option. Wouldn't hurt.

These 2 have a nice little partnership now but what can Inzi do? The "cold hard statistics and facts" dictate that we can't bring Rana on because he got smashed earlier and Shoaib is injured so Inzi mustn't let him bowl again. Razzaq is still coming back from injury so the "checks and balances" mean he shouldn't be given the ball as well and Sami is just crap.

What can Inzi do here?!?!?

These two seem to be getting runs with alarming ease.Maybe we should try sami

hey guys, is anderson still able to come back on to bowl later on? or his game over?

oh crap inzy shud look at the bigger picture rather goin for overate hai so far his captaincy has been spot on except for this spiiner part

karachiite said:
Are there any demons in the pitch ot have england been undone by purely good bowling by pak?

Nothing really. It was just a case of Pak bowler's mixing it up n bowling some brilliant deliveries.

Jonty said:
hey guys, is anderson still able to come back on to bowl later on? or his game over?

His game is over, England are a bowler short now.

Bad Captaincy by Inzy again. Bring on your quicks and get these guys out. Bad bad bad

Bring the all powerful SuperSub "Arshad khan" now. A bowler English players are not familiar with. He didnt bowl in the Test. Now is the time to use supersub. Maybe the element of surprise will get the JOB done.

not sure abou tthat backfoot... now that we have england reeling, i dont think we require the sub, who would probably come at the expense of a batsman.

arshad khan hacking into cricinfo servers because he aint getting a game

Oxy™ said:
If you are referring to Rana, he had 5 consecutive bad balls. Went from 4 overs for 15, to 5 overs for 32. Then recovered DAMN well!

Well I like Rana as a bowler but I just don't like Inzi's captaincy most of the time. Sorry....

Oh ****, hope he's alright. If there's any silver lining it's only his left shoulder at least

aamir said:
Well I like Rana as a bowler but I just don't like Inzi's captaincy most of the time. Sorry....

At least you're honest about your anti-Inzi sentiments...I take it you didnt rate his 2-0 success quite recently?

Can Arshad Khan be brought in now ?

Kaneria may have dislocated his shoulder there, physio summoned.

Why cant he be more like captain who thinks. Cmon he is been a skipper for more then 2 years. This is common sense, I am so upset. Why is he more concern with overs then getting them out and Danish is gone for series... I am kind a glad about that he is not a one day player anyway

i hate to say this may this injury will be a blessing is disguise for pak

Paratha belly coming on now to field in place of Kaneria.

Oxy™ said:
At least you're honest about your anti-Inzi sentiments...I take it you didnt rate his 2-0 success quite recently?

what has that 2-0 victory got to do with the wrong decision being made here?

Danish does seem to fall awkwardly - even on the last day of the 3rd test he fell over after taking a wicket.....boy has serious balance/gravity issues!

Jonty said:
not sure abou tthat backfoot... now that we have england reeling, i dont think we require the sub, who would probably come at the expense of a batsman.

I agree.... Its would have been better if they had an allrounder superSub.

ontheBackfoot said:
Bring the all powerful SuperSub "Arshad khan" now. A bowler English players are not familiar with. He didnt bowl in the Test. Now is the time to use supersub. Maybe the element of surprise will get the JOB done.

I think wasting a batsmen by bringing a sub is not worth it..the "JOB" can be done by bringing the fast bowlers back into attack!

Big Mac said:
These 2 have a nice little partnership now but what can Inzi do? The "cold hard statistics and facts" dictate that we can't bring Rana on because he got smashed earlier and Shoaib is injured so Inzi mustn't let him bowl again. Razzaq is still coming back from injury so the "checks and balances" mean he shouldn't be given the ball as well and Sami is just crap.

What can Inzi do here?!?!?

You are making you own inferences and try to associate them to my statements. How old are you?

this is gross, we should have finished england off a long time ago, this way they're goona easily get 200+

Why is Inzi continuing with spinners we have 4 seamers who have done well and there are only 10 overs left, this is poor captaincy.

MenInGreen said:
Danish does seem to fall awkwardly - even on the last day of the 3rd test he fell over after taking a wicket.....boy has serious balance/gravity issues!

Is ge going to go for good?what about the coming India series? does it look that bad? His injury wont affect us in this series anymore, in next match Afridi coming in for him and now Super Sub would do the rest, by giving up 4/over...so lets hope Dani mian gets back for the next series ;-)

pak have got to get these 2 wickets quickly or they will have trouble chasing a 220+ figure

aamir said:
You are making you own inferences and try to associate them to my statements. How old are you?

What's the matter grandad? Lost yer sense of humour?

Funny comment from Rameez.

"Inzi is such good captaincy form that he is going to topple England with Shoaib Malik and Arshad Khan."

;-)

Yaar - Inzi is running the show - you guys arent ! and there is a reason for that - cos he knows better ! Could it be that he knows more than you chaps - could it be possible ?

MenInGreen said:
Yaar - Inzi is running the show - you guys arent ! and there is a reason for that - cos he knows better ! Could it be that he knows more than you chaps - could it be possible ?

You make it sound like some kind of crime investigation!!

MenInGreen said:

For that matter Woolmer and Inzi run the show all year round... why threads after threads, discussions after discussions on the forum, eh?

may be he knows more than us MIGYY but what abot former test players sitting in commentary box ?

MenInGreen said:

running the show has led to a 6 from a number 9 bowler

MenInGreen said:

you are abs right Miggy bahi but the thing they were 8 down even the majority of commemtaors are sayin this.

MIG I admire Inzy as a player but sometime you really have to ask what he is thinking. Seems like Inzy comes on the filed from instructions form Bob and then forget that he is the captain.

MenInGreen said:

Miggy bhai, how can anyone justify this??!!!

Back