Pak Vs SA: Test 3: Day 2: Score Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
hang in there sami

we'll take any kind of partnership at this stage

Im not sure of Sami vs. Harris. He should be able to play out the Seamers though as long as its not Ntini.

150 wow ...you guys are setting yourself up to get really teased......

get your tissues ready boys....

come on ....admit it....S.A are just a much better team! :p

Sami has played sensibly- farming the strike for tea I suppose. Good thinking as Inzi needs his samosas I suppose!!

saffer said:

and when they played the test series in Pakistan .. why did they LOSE it then..

Smith is cheating ? I suppose you would know...you support Pakistan !

(he he he)

saffer said:
(winding you up boys.....settle down...I think 150 will be "tricky")

tricky? even 200 will be easy! only 300 can be tricky

saffer said:

is that why we're number 3 in the rankings and you're nowhere to be seen :p

Session has been SA completely - 5 wickets is too much in a session. We need a come-back session after tea. Hope they have some RedBull for Inzi with his snacks.

Inzi should just start lashing out, the tail arent gonna hang around on a pitch like this.

did we lose 1 in pakistan ?

oh well...even the good teams like S.A have bad days...

:p

(wow, you guys are wound up tighter than a nuns legs)

people be realistic 150 will not be enough they will chase that down maybe not comftable but they will, we need 200+ Doubt that will happen now

Test match is over for us!

Mike Bassett said:
people be realistic 150 will not be enough they will chase that down maybe not comftable but they will, we need 200+ Doubt that will happen now

Test match is over for us!

Wrist-slitters in full flow right now! Remember its not over till the fat lady sings

170 will still put us in with a decent shout.

That is very possible.

200 lead from here is unlikely but not impossible if Inzi bats the innings and 2 of the tail enders get 15 or 20 each.

UsmanCHADDA said:
Wrist-slitters in full flow right now! Remember its not over till the fat lady sings

I like the cofidence but sometime you have to be honest with yourself

ITS GONNA BE TOUGH

BEST THING TO DO NOW IS PRAY!

Hash said:
170 will still put us in with a decent shout.

That is very possible.

200 lead from here is unlikely but not impossible if Inzi bats the innings and 2 of the tail enders get 15 or 20 each.

200 is a little too far off, doubt we will get that much. 150-170 is very much possible if the tail hangs around

Steyn to Inzamam-ul-Haq, no run, Short again, straight again, Inzamam ducks again, all's well again. Watching Inzamam, you'd think it's the simplest game in the world

It is till you see some of his dismissals when you wonder if its a game or a circus.

I think a 170-180 lead is achievable if Inzamam can stick it out and the tailenders can fire. This pitch is not the best remember, and no team has even made 200 as yet.

Mike Bassett said:
I like the cofidence but sometime you have to be honest with yourself

ITS GONNA BE TOUGH

BEST THING TO DO NOW IS PRAY!

I am being honest here. Its not like its impossible to win from here. Our team has shown that it can fight back from very difficult situations, you never know what to expect from them

I think we will strugle to get a lead of 150. Its such a shame we have to go in to almost every test match missing 1 or 2 of our best bowlers, cant wait to see Asif, Gul, Akhtar and Kaniera all injury free and match fit, will be a really good unit with pressue coming from all 4.

UsmanCHADDA said:
200 is a little too far off, doubt we will get that much. 150-170 is very much possible if the tail hangs around

Remember, last time the tail and Inzi put on 140 runs!

They can put on 100 again.

oh come on...rankings or not (we had a bad stage where we slipped down...but that time is gone now , might be back if our batsmen dont wake up )....do you really think pakistan is a better side than S.A ?

We beat every side you can beat , plus ones you cant.....oh.....and we normally beat you !

keep this series in context....we outscored you in every innings ...except one where we had a nightmare day (and still almost won the match)....4 out of 5 innings we have scored more than you ....so even though it's 1-1 and looks to be a close game...that isn't the whole story....

BUT...I will say this....this is the first time pakistan has come to play in South Africa that i have even for a second thought "oh my god...we can actually lose to these guys"....so for that I think a certain Asif needs applause...

Last edited:
even their 26runs lead proved to be so vital. heck only if our batsmen had played sensible and applied some common sense. we wouldn't have been in losing position now.

saffer said:
oh come on...rankings or not (we had a bad stage where we slipped down...but that time is gone now , might be back if our batsmen dont wake up )....do you really think pakistan is a better side than S.A ?

We beat every side you can beat , plus ones you cant.....oh.....and we normally beat you !

keep this series in context....we outscored you in every innings ...except one where we had a nightmare day (and still almost won the match)....4 out of 5 innings we have scored more than you ....so even though it's 1-1 and looks to be a close game...that isn't the whole story....

Just shut up and let the match finish first. You can brag all you want after that. Ok? Thanks.

the_game said:
Just shut up and let the match finish first. You can brag all you want after that. Ok? Thanks.

full strength Pakistan team would have won this series 3-0

saffer said:

We saw how good your team was when Shoaib was bowling alongside Asif and Kaneria. The fact that you have outscored us is largely due to the back-up not being very good

saffer said:

BUT...I will say this....this is the first time pakistan has come to play in South Africa that i have even for a second thought "oh my god...we can actually lose to these guys"....so for that I think a certain Asif needs applause...

Lets take home series..

we beat: ENG, IND, WI, SA (2003), ... only AUS we havent beat recently..

um ... are you talking about ZImbabwe ?

This could possibly be Inzamams final test. It would be great for him to lead us to success, albeit however unlikely.

Once again, like in the last Test, Inzamam is the key to our chances.

dog_again said:
Pakistan line: Yeah, India and NZ at home, great series wins those.

Actually........

England, India, Sri Lanka, West Indies and New Zealand

And saffers didnt you guys lose to England at home? Thats something we managed to do quite convincingly :21:

saffer said:

South Africa are only good at home. They're pretty poor away from home for all I know.

saffer you guys are lucky gul isnt there. He's not as good as asif but in the same mold. A full strength pakistan is definitely better than SA. Look how much of a fight we are giving you guys in your backyard.......!!

England.....

i want to be clear about this....england beat s.a playing amazing cricket ...their openers played the best cricket of their lives...and so did the bowlers.....BUT...there is no way they are a better side than us.....NO WAY....!! I'm sure this will be proven when we murder them next time in england...

But you guys lost to them .....not the good england that beat us...but the REAL england that australia just thrashed........

saffer said:

what you're trying to say is that whenver you get beat you just have a bad day - thats just laughable

its your opinion that you're the best side and its our opinion that we're the best side so just leave it at that

saffer said:

i think the teams are quite evenly matched actually - a fair reflection of teh series would have been a 1-1 draw

but i think this pitch as completely scrwed that idea

Saqib_Boss_Man said:
come on people lets get behind inzi and pakistan remember 2nd test 1st innings inzi 92.
Final test v Bangladesh 2003. Thats my inspiration

Hash said:
full strength Pakistan team would have won this series 3-0

I have no doubt in my mind that they would have. The batting has been poor from both sides, but a full strength Pakistan side has a much more potent bowling attack than South Africa. I still cannot give up on this match damn it, Inzi needs to do something special here.

Awesome Anjum said:
This could possibly be Inzamams final test. It would be great for him to lead us to success, albeit however unlikely.

Once again, like in the last Test, Inzamam is the key to our chances.

Intresting point Could this really be inzies last innings in a test match? :13:

saffer said:
England.....

i want to be clear about this....england beat s.a playing amazing cricket ...their openers played the best cricket of their lives...and so did the bowlers.....BUT...there is no way they are a better side than us.....NO WAY....!! I'm sure this will be proven when we murder them next time in england...

But you guys lost to them .....not the good england that beat us...but the REAL england that australia just thrashed........

We also beat them 2-0 in Pakistan. We lost to them AWAY.........when was the last time you even won a test away let alone a series? We tonked them at home.

Let Saffer talk, while we egg Inzi on to get us a decent lead out of this one. There'll be alot of time to talk about facts regarding which team is better.

Hash said:
Actually........

England, India, Sri Lanka, West Indies and New Zealand
Actually I was talking about our stellar record recently. Sheesh, I'm sledging a fellow saffie, that's how sorry I feel for you fellas.

saffer said:
England.....

We beat them in November 2005. An England fresh from an Ashes series win is much more dangerous than any England you are talking about

When was the last time you guys beat England, home or away, anyway?

the_game said:
I have no doubt in my mind that they would have. The batting has been poor from both sides, but a full strength Pakistan side has a much more potent bowling attack than South Africa. I still cannot give up on this match damn it, Inzi needs to do something special here.

150 lead and you never know. SA will be favourites but a couple of early wickets and we could get our tails up. 170 lead from here is par to be honest.......200 would be a dream.

saffer said:
England.....

just recently SA was white washed of srilanka 2-0 :D and world best bowler Ntini didn't know where to bowl.

Ntini averages 38 away from home!!
He's played 34 test matches away and only 98 wickets away from home.

Talk about being a home-track bully

This match is far from over. Inzi there and 4 wickets still left, sami can bat! We are winning this!!!

at home...er....who havent we beaten ?

only australia...everyone else we have beaten....only england other than them won here(once...easily beaten every other time)...and that was a freak accident......england team is a joke now....only good player is south african anyway (pieterson)...

oh ...we normally beat you in pakistan too

;)

You guys talk about "gul" as if he is some sort of God.... :)))

we not at full strength either...no pollock or gibbs....so save your tears...

shan said:
just recently SA was white washed of srilanka 2-0 :D and world best bowler Ntini didn't know where to bowl.

south african bowlers need pitches to assist them

saffer said:

only australia...everyone else we have beaten....only england other than them won here(once...easily beaten every other time)...and that was a freak accident......england team is a joke now....only good player is south african anyway (pieterson)...

;)

we've beaten everyone apart from Australia in Pakistan too ;-) The difference is we beat England who totally tonked you.

the game is as goood as over..i really dont expect a fightback from Pakistan now...its enuff their batting has let them down again n again...

2-1 series to South Africa...well played despite being tired & playing 6 test matches in a row...as for Pakistan they were unlucky with not having to field their full strength bowling lineup throughout the series still we should have played better..our batting has been EXPOSED in this series in a big way...!& all the much talked abt Inzi,Yousuf,Younis have proved to be flat track bullies once again!

saffer said:

;)

Err...you were full strength for the last two tests. We didnt get a chance to field our best players throughout the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back