Pak Vs SA: Test 3: Day 2: Score Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
YK and YH need to have a qucik chat, and put that near run out out the system.

YH did go for it for a split second!

Younis plays a similar shot to the first innings. Disappointing. Really disappointing.

Ntini is really fit- keeps charging in again and again.
Younis flashes and gets an edge again- bad match for Younis flashing outside off in both innings- Gone for 0. Yousuf in next......

Looks like one of the boys will have to do the job of the men! SA celebration reflects the wkt they just took.

Oh well a pretty poor tour for Younis khan comes to and end!

Its typical.. all you ask for is get past the damn new ball.. we be lucky if we make a 100 lead
i can sense a typical pakistan collapse now !

Well we have comeback from 0-3, and 39-6.

Cheer up guys:)

Yousuf, I hope you bat like the champion that you are, because we will be in deep trouble if you don't.

Younis scored 2 fifties in 6 inns but should have got alot more runs.

big worry here is the ball is only 12 overs old

middle order exposed again

Amjid Javed said:

Poor? What the hell Amjid, I would not expect that from you. He was fine in the first two tests!

Pakistan 18 runs ahead and already 3 wickets down..

two out of hameed, MY and Inzi will need to get 50+ here atleast!

Amjid Javed said:

Poor Series???

PHP:
Name                Mat    I  NO  Runs   HS     Ave     SR 100 50   Ct St

Younis Khan           2    4   1   218   68   72.66  54.50   -  2    8  -
Inzamam-ul-Haq        2    4   1   170   92*  56.66  55.19   -  1    1  -
Kamran Akmal          2    4   1   134   57*  44.66  62.32   -  1    5  1

KA$H said:
right Kallis on - 2 string attack

yeah same 2nd string took 4 wickets in 1st inns!

pakistan batsmen can make any average bowler look world class!

Amjid Javed said:
yeah same 2nd string took 4 wickets in 1st inns!

pakistan batsmen can make any average bowler look world class!

So true.

karachiite said:
Poor Series???

PHP:
Name                Mat    I  NO  Runs   HS     Ave     SR 100 50   Ct St

Younis Khan           2    4   1   218   68   72.66  54.50   -  2    8  -
Inzamam-ul-Haq        2    4   1   170   92*  56.66  55.19   -  1    1  -
Kamran Akmal          2    4   1   134   57*  44.66  62.32   -  1    5  1

Getting starts and throwing it away time and time again! Not once did he go on after getting a start and pretty much every inns he played a retarded shot to get out.

Jammy 4 by MoYo - continuing where he left off in 1st inngs.

Rameez pointing out that 2-3 players in the squad have had no cricket whatsoever- Kamal has been unlucky again as usual not to be given a single game. Malik & Gul have both been passengers due to the injuries.

Amjid Javed said:
Getting starts and throwing it away time and time again! Not once did he go on after getting a start and pretty much every inns he played a retarded shot to get out.

It wasn't poor by any stretch of the imagination though.

streaky hook shot over keeper for 4.

its runs thou!

we need a 50+ partnership here!

the_game said:
It wasn't poor by any stretch of the imagination though.

Its basically like the tour he had in Australia, stats wise figures may look good. Facts are he got starts yet failed to make anything substantial.

For such a good player he should have gone on to get 100 atleast once in series.

Is the needle from first innings between MoYo and Kallis gonna continue?

Hameed MashaAllah keeping his head above the ball here-staying positive, another good driven 4 through covers.

Amjid Javed said:
Its basically like the tour he had in Australia, stats wise figures may look good. Facts are he got starts yet failed to make anything substantial.

For such a good player he should have gone on to get 100 atleast once in series.

Out of a three test series, he wins you one, and he scores handy runs in the other one. Its more about relative really. He's been as good as any other batsman in this series.

Amjid Javed said:

Surely you can forgive him, since he did end up winning us the last test match?

Hameeed is lookin comfortable out there - lets not throw away the initiative to the 2nd string

Not that I condon Hameed's fishing or compulsive hooking, but being postive on this pitch seems to be the way to go on this pitch so far. Sure you're going to need some luck at times but so far the 3 batsmen who've done well are Smith, Yousuf and Boucher and all 3 have done it by being positive.

the_game said:
Surely you can forgive him, since he did end up winning us the last test match?

I applaud the fact he won us the last test but to me there is room for improvement as i said before such a good player should have been more ruthless when he had got in and was well set.

14.5 Ntini to Yasir Hameed, FOUR, OH YOU BEAUTY! Full, straight, outside off, speedy. Hameed brings down the bat like a swordsman and unleashes a classic drive. It was played with a semi-horizontal bat and burnt the grass on the way to the straight boundary.

Amjid Javed said:

Ofcourse it would have been nice for him to score big hundreds but remember after the Oz tour he was called a useless Lassi maker by a certain some one. He must have progressed somewhat to be called "such a good player" from the same person.

akmal has actually looked better this innings
although he missed prince stumping and i think he could have stumped prince when he got out too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back