Pak Vs SA: Test 3: Day 2: Score Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farhat gone lbw

Pakistan 2 down and in trouble as per usual!

Hash said:
so much for your prediction that we needed to score 400 in the first innings to stand any chance

bu after looking at pitch i changed my mind.

farhat gone,

I suppose it is a bit too much to expect from someone like Farhat to score at least a 30

Farhat gone for 13. LBW to Steyn to an in-coming ball, at good pace too

Pakistan 28/2 - Lead by 2 runs

2/2 not looking good here for Pakistan. We badly need 100 partnership here.

shan said:
bu after looking at pitch i changed my mind.

farhat gone,

But you still make ridiculous statements like we have to score 300+ maybe even 350 target in 4th innings

Lets be honest - Pak fans, see the openers as a distraction until the MEN come out to bat.

Hash said:
But you still make ridiculous statements like we have to score 300+ maybe even 350 target in 4th innings

300-350 to insure the win :)

2 for 2

That is pretty standard run of the milll stuff for Test cricket. Nothing to worry about.

Still have three absolutely magnificent batsman along with Yasir and Kamran. 250 should remain the target...........we get to 250 and we win the game.

Upto the old guard again I am afraid- the top three are good for 50 total tops and the rest have to come from the old boys again. This is sad.

Well cant say this wasn't unexpected. At least they got over the lead before they both were out. Now the real Pakistani batting begins. Cmon Younis!!

I think we should forget this over-cautiousness and lay into the South African bowling. Hafeez and Farhat have played into the hands of the South African bowlers quite a lot of times in this series by playing damn slow. It wont be easy but on this kind of a pitch you have got to be positive and make the bowlers work hard!

Hash said:
2 for 2

That is pretty standard run of the milll stuff for Test cricket. Nothing to worry about.

Still have three absolutely magnificent batsman along with Yasir and Kamran. 250 should remain the target...........we get to 250 and we win the game.

that target looks miles away at the moment

ok guys i have upped the stakes
if anyone from the team gets a 100 i will donate $5 to PakPassion

gambino said:
they were saying same thing in 1st test

but SA chased it with ease

completely different pitch

KA$H said:
that target looks miles away at the moment

Not really. As I said still have htree magnificent batsman along with 2 others who are pretty good batsman. 250 is looking very good.

i'm sorry but we ned to see the new ball off as much as possible - get the eye in and then build an innings

To be fair Steyn is bowling well and Farhat was beaten by a very good ball which pitched in line but instead of going with the angle came back at him sharply and got him within the crease.
Both bowlers moving the ball off-the pitch nicely and at a good speed.

KA$H said:
i'm sorry but we ned to see the new ball off as much as possible - get the eye in and then build an innings

This kind of an approach has gotten us nowhere. I know its quite hard to negotiate with the new ball but you do want to tell the bowlers that we are coming after you, rather than going into a shell

just need to see the shine off the ball

then inzi and yousuf should start milking them

Crucial runs for Pak - I'll take them from any source!

Hameed looking to play his shots, two 4s in the over thus far.

36/2

Good approach from Hameed - just need to see of this new ball - Ntini getting good bounce.

UsmanCHADDA said:
This kind of an approach has gotten us nowhere. I know its quite hard to negotiate with the new ball but you do want to tell the bowlers that we are coming after you, rather than going into a shell

the approach you're suggesting is exactly wat Cullinan was warning against

this is a grafting pitch -

hameed hit on teh helmet

Hit on the helmet Hameed- but he is looking to stay positive as this is his only chance- hasn't got the greatest defence in the game.

A 50 run partnership here will do a great deal to Pakistani confidence. It will also mean that the next few batsmen wont have to face the new ball and fresh Ntini.

Good going by Hameed. Much better than sticking around and losing your wicket anyway without many runs on the board.

Ntini taking the **** out of Hameed! Psychological warfare out there! Hameed not interested.

Lovely shot by YH for 4.

Hameed seems in rhythym. Ah its frustrating not being able to watch the match

An attacking Hameed is a better prospect than a 'defensive' Hameed. Better to get out with runs against your name.

Almost hit on the halmet again- directly pointed at the head- fended-off by Hameed

karachiite said:
Hameed seems in rhythym. Ah its frustrating not being able to watch the match
Its just as frustrating being able to watch the game!

how close was that?

younis acting like a ***** again

but could this be the life he needs?

WHat were they thinking?

He would have been out by about 30 feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back