Pak Vs SA: Test 3: Day 2: Score Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kallis bowling reasonably well again- Yousuf needs to calm down and not get him angry as he is a much better bowler when angry or motivated.

I think the strategy for Yousuf that Smith talked about before the match was to sledge him. Quite pathetic.

15.2 Kallis to Mohammad Yousuf, 1 run, Compensating with a straight one. Slightly short but Kallis hasn't struck any rhythm yet. Yousuf whips it to the leg side for an easy single. Bread and butter stuff for Yousuf. Or whould we say Naan and roti

lol

the_game said:
I think the strategy for Yousuf that Smith talked about before the match was to sledge him. Quite pathetic.

MoYo isnt the type to be affected badly by sledging. Infact none of the big 3 are. If anything it riles them into doing even better. Personally I dont mind a bit of chat as it adds some spice to the game.

Hall and Kallis are both hopefully going to ease a bit of pressure on us. The ball is older and Hameed quite settled. Yousuf just needs to stick around for 30 minutes and we should be fine InshaAllah.

On paper, SA 3 pacers after Ntini are very playable specially after seeing off the new ball.

karachiite said:
MoYo isnt the type to be affected badly by sledging. Infact none of the big 3 are. If anything it riles them into doing even better. Personally I dont mind a bit of chat as it adds some spice to the game.

Oh ofcourse, Yousuf is made of steel. It's just that Smith should focus on cricketing tactics more than on this nonsense.

karachiite said:
On paper, SA 3 pacers after Ntini are very playable specially after seeing off the new ball.

how often is the game played on paper?

run rate has been over 5 runs for the last 10 overs (2 wickets mind)

Pressure being lifted by some wayward bowling by the Saffies here- Great stuff for us- Yousuf just needs to get his eye-in and get his nerves settled.

lol@rameez being put on the spot - his prediction is 225 runs may or may not be enough to "maker it into an interesting innings"

"but it'll be difficult"

lol

Its so nice to get freebies isn't it specially in this kinda situation. Kallis jee aap ka bohat shukriya.

Pakistan 80/3 (lead up to 54)

another 150 more would be great!

rameez slating the quality of cricket in this match - what is he on?

DotCom said:
53 run lead now... 7 wickets in hand... another 125 runs ?

Somewhere earlier in this thread OXY and a couple of other said that its not about us setting them a target; its more of what we can get to before we are knocked over.

Bloody true isn't it. But lets hope we eventually get knocked out near the 250 lead mark..!

To be given a fair chance, the batsmen need to get about 250 to let Asif/ Kaneria and co have a go at them. The pitch is erratic but not a 150 pitch for sure.

Odd that Younis was getting abuse for his shot. Obviously some people failed to notice how Ntini was bringing it in, bringing it in, bringing it in, then got the "driveable" one to straighten. Good bowling.

semi appeal from HARRIS

ball hit the LEG side of the PAD

Last edited by a moderator:
come on hameed this isnt a 1 day game

i can feel he's itching to have a blast at the ball

200 would put us as favourites so I would say 200 is the minimum lead we need to set............250 is the most ideal realistic lead but anything between 200 and 250 should be fine.

Yasir must have put his fisherman hat on... looking to catch an edge and go back to PK ...

good to see Moyo frequently talking to Hameed - see thro this tough period (of 1 over)

KA$H said:
come on hameed this isnt a 1 day game

i can feel he's itching to have a blast at the ball

I suppose it is one of those pitches where anything can happen at any time so you have to make the most of your innings. We found in the 1st innings of both sides that it was the attacking batsman who had success...........both Smith and Yousuf played attacking innings.

But yes he does need to understand that there are 3 and a half days left and his wicket is important.

KA$H said:
some pressure building here

Agree. South Africans need a wicket fast. This is great stuff from these two.

Hash said:
Agree. South Africans need a wicket fast. This is great stuff from these two.
great stuff from which two? SA bowlers or PK batsmen?

Hash ... are you on the dark side now?

DotCom said:
great stuff from which two? SA bowlers or PK batsmen?

Hash ... are you on the dark side now?

come on yaar. I meant the Pakistani batsman...........why would I ever turn my back on Pakistan.

lets hope this drinks break doesnt bring a break in concentration

whenver pakistan play good my sister goes looks like they've prayed their namaaz today

DotCom said:
go back there and learn to spell it first....

:30:
To be fair to dog - he did spell it correctly- German word this -literally meaning Garden of Kids -Kinder-garten.

56/3 not looking good here. they two need to take us at 150/3.

With Inzi (magnificent batsman), Yousuf (magnificent batsman), Yasir (decent batsman with his eye in), Kamran (decent batsman) still around and a lead of 56 in the bag......I would be very dissapointed if we didn't set them 200+.

But we are running away with the game here. This is excellent stuff from Pakistan. South Africa need to get wickets and they need them fast.

Noreen said:
whenver pakistan play good my sister goes looks like they've prayed their namaaz today

lol but they pray everyday - how does she explain teh collapses?

Hash said:
With Inzi (magnificent batsman), Yousuf (magnificent batsman), Yasir (decent batsman with his eye in), Kamran (decent batsman) still around and a lead of 56 in the bag......I would be very dissapointed if we didn't set them 200+.

But we are running away with the game here. This is excellent stuff from Pakistan. South Africa need to get wickets and they need them fast.

hold on :31: excellent stuff from Pakistan? 56/3 :13:

SA need to keep it tight while the bowlers rest. Or Hall can just uproot the offstump! Big wicket!!!

shan said:
hold on :31: excellent stuff from Pakistan? 56/3 :13:

pitch is very difficult.

200+ lead will put us in a very good position......only another 144 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back