Pak Vs SA: Test 3: Day 2: Score Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
saffer said:
I noticed the first game the saffers went hard at hafeez....he must have said or done something.......maybe the catch/appealing....south africans hate cheaters...
u've got plenty of cheaters in your team buddy.

saffer said:
I noticed the first game the saffers went hard at hafeez....he must have said or done something.......maybe the catch/appealing....south africans hate cheaters...

That was Farhat who claimed the catch, but I guess they all look alike to you :D

Cricinfo: Yasir Hameed walks in. Kris wrote in: "I'm betting my house for the pair [openers] not to cross 50 run partnership.. even if i've to eat my words later!!!" .. Kris's house is safe it seems.
*sigh* cricinfo still being a b*tch

smack !

Great shot by Farhat for 4. Cover drive

shan said:
Medic said:
Cricinfo: Yasir Hameed walks in. Kris wrote in: "I'm betting my house for the pair [openers] not to cross 50 run partnership.. even if i've to eat my words later!!!" .. Kris's house is safe it seems.

crapinfo is right :D

I think 90% PPers will take this bet it seems a no brainer.

OK

Any who continues to HIJACK the commentary thread/Ignoring my PM's - we'll just stop your posting rights for the duration of this test match

Oxy said:
That should be one for the Match refs. Personally I dont se a problem with 'send-offs' but enough Pak/Ind players have been hit ion the pocket, so consistency rules...
The sendoff wasn't particularly bad, just coming after he seemed to dissent the umpire on being given out, not the wisest thing to do.

Thats lunch.

22 for 1

A good morning, barring Hafeez's wild stroke.

and how about the great opening partnership of SA ?

they dont even go beyond the first over from Asif ....

dog_again said:
The sendoff wasn't particularly bad, just coming after he seemed to dissent the umpire on being given out, not the wisest thing to do.
Of course it wasnt - but our very own Shoaib gets hit 50% of his match fee for merely looking in the direction of trhe dressing room! So, stupid law though it may be, it still applies to ALL

good start compared to the last one. :D 22/1. 100 each from them will be enough

Pakistan trail by 4 runs, hopefully we can get a 200 run lead.

(the mod has been heard) ..ok.......back to the game ...

Last edited by a moderator:
saffer said:
so how you like our saffer girls ??

Hazaron Kwahishain Aisi kay har kwahish pay dam niklay
Bahut niklay meray armaan, liken phir bhi kam niklay

roughly translates too ...

Thousands of wishes, and each wish worthy of holding my breath
Many of those came true .... yet still not enough

:19:

had pakistan gotten to the lunch break having wiped out SAs lead and with no wickets down we would've all been happy chappies...but i guess that really would be askin too of them, still it could've been a lot worse, i'll but the razor blades away for the time being...

Pakistan back in the game and I will kill Farhat if he throws his wicket away. Hameed needs to stick in there also. We can't always put pressure on the middle order. What do you guys recokon is a good lead ???? I think we need 250 to take the series.

cheer up boys....pakistan almost got the deficit with only 1 wicket down...200 more runs and you probably will be favourites to win ....

I'm not looking forward to chasing a score on this wicket....any score....we almost didnt make 157.....

I think I should pray for rain.

:20:

and it could be worse...you could have Devilliers or Dipenaar as your operner....right now those two couldn't get the runs ...even if they ate 5 week old Delhi curry ...

saffer said:
cheer up boys....pakistan almost got the deficit with only 1 wicket down...200 more runs and you probably will be favourites to win ....

I'm not looking forward to chasing a score on this wicket....any score....we almost didnt make 157.....

:20:
This is turning into a single inngs game - any slip ups from Pak, and we are doomed. Not sure our top 3 have the drive/determination - which our 4/5/6 do.

Oxy said:
So, stupid law though it may be, it still applies to ALL
Hey, Smiffy's the one asking for the laws to be appplied consistently, isn't he? ;)

Seeing as the groundsmand seems to have forgotten to water the ground all year, that would be nice.

250 more runs and we have won the game pretty much

your top 3 are due for some runs....but then again....AB Devilliers is a great , great player.....he's WAY OVERDUE ....(same with amla) ....

I've got the horrible feeling this game is going to be responsible for us all losing a little more hair....

whos backing either of farhat or hameed to get a 100?

if either of these 2 gets a 100 i will donate $5 to PakPassion

gambino said:
whos backing either of farhat or hameed to get a 100?

if either of these 2 gets a 100 i will donate $5 to PakPassion

make sure u have 5$ right now

yeah guys...because one guy got a stupid fine...take it all out on poor ashwell prince who grew up in shack , worked his @ss off with little talent to make something of himself.....

go ahead....why not blame the war on Iraq , the situation in palenstine and the lebanese invasion all on Prince too ?

Last edited:
saffer said:
yeah guys...because one guy got a stupid fine...take it all out on poor ashwell prince who grew up in shack , worked his @ss off with little talent to make something of himself.....

go ahead....why not blame the war on Iraq , the situation in palenstine and the lebanese invasion all on Prince too ?
the more you post the more you seem like a pakistani in SA disguise
Bhayyo yeh ek pakistani hai

Take no offense Saffer we are all friends here. Just words coming out in the heat of the battler that is all.

saffer said:
yes , at least our bikini'd lasses are doing us proud....our players sure aren't....

:29:

Not a good start for us, losing Hafeez before knocking off the deficit. Farhat and Hameed have to deliver now if we are to set up a good foundation for the nos. 4/5/6

saffer said:
Was he not aided into the side initially on the basis of the quota system ?

yeah...there's no doubt that he got in the side based on "race" ....he wasn't even in the top 10 best players in the domestic championships at that time.....but good for him....he's an example of someone who has fought hard for everything he has.......

(by the way I was kidding about the prince remarks.....just trying to wind up all the people out there who seem to confuse some bildenburg/zionist agenda/conspiracy with cricket)

Last edited:
commentators feel a lead of 180 is good enough with kaneria playing a big role in the second innings, the pitch is a minefield with DK turning bigtime from day 1

i hope yousf and inzi get a 100
younis will have more chances but this might be inzis last chance

just a thought guys...we have scored 400+ runs atleast once or twice in all previous Test series in recent times...in this series our batting hasn't really fired like it has on previous occasions against WI,England,India,Srilanka!...a big score of 400+ is due on our batting lineup in this series & this is their last innings to get that!!

lets hope they get it here!!..

anyways realistically 225 with a lead of almost 200 will be enuff!!

You'd think so, but take a look at the SA women's cricket squad

Shame on them....ugly lesbians....if I was king they would all be against the wall ....

I dont think they will get 400 .....its not that kind of pitch....300 is possible though ...but I'd suggest we are looking more at 250 here....which will make the game 50/50....

South africa play spin pretty well these days....so 250 to chase wouldn't depress me too much...

I dont think Pak will have the luxury of setting a lead - we'll be all out - just a matter of how many we get!

Oxy said:
I dont think Pak will have the luxury of setting a lead - we'll be all out - just a matter of how many we get!

There is so much time left in the match there wouldn't be much point in us declaring anyway!

Both sides bowled out in 2 sessions!

Go PAK...get alead of around 250...that would be enough for hapless saffies who don't know how to play quality spin on turning track!!

Awesome Anjum said:
Was he not aided into the side initially on the basis of the quota system ?

Saffer's going to loose his hair alot before the end of this match...! :21: :21:

yeah...there's so much time....they will get as many as they can....

Anything over 150 and it's going to be tough to get ....the shame of losing to pakistan at home will be at the back of their minds...

i feel we shd stop bashing the openers guys, the three best starts of the series belong to Pak while SA has the fourth. Agree not many runs were scored but it is the bowlers who have been dominant in this series.

Isn't quota system good for cricket , better then the "sefarish" system we have in pakistan.

darkmoon459 said:
Isn't quota system good for cricket , better then the "sefarish" system we have in pakistan.
Best players in each slot - whatever their colour/caste/ethnicity/religion etc

OK ladies - players take the field.

Session 2: Pak 22-1. 4 behind.

Game on.

darkmoon459 said:

Sami and hameed are prime example of sefarish quota.

The quota system is there for a reason in SA, it might not be fair to some but thats the way it is.

we need 2 solid sessions of batting here! inshallah!

usman917 said:
The quota system is there for a reason in SA, it might not be fair to some but thats the way it is.
I accept that - I was thinking more for the Pak team.

Ideally in SA, you would have about 6-7 black/cloured players and 3-4 white players given the demographics - but Apartheid put paid to that, and I'm not sure how you will ever get it back on track.

shan said:
26/1 after 9 overs.

so much for your prediction that we needed to score 400 in the first innings to stand any chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back