Pak Vs SA: Test 3: Day 2: Score Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
just hope openers can wipe the deficit before anyone of them gets out, i doubt, but miracles do happen!

Amir said:
Someone really should teach Younis bhai how to do the proper third umpire signal :p
i think he was talking about the bat being in the air

26 runs lead ,not a big one,if the openers don't go fishing and play like the way the opners should.

Beauty by Sami - inswinging yorker. Ntini nowhere.

SA all out for 183.

I'll take that any day. Lead of 26.

GREAT GREAT PERFORMANCE by the boys.

its quite ironic how asif has contributed most to SA's lead

26 priceless run lead - but wat the heck - all the momentum is with us now

Well done sami!

S.A lead by 26 runs which when you have openers like ours is very hand!

we need to set a target of above 200 here...!

farhat hameed hafeez today is your chance to save your careers. stand up and be counted

Pakistan needs a huge knock from Hafeez, Farhat and Hameed these better be playing for their world cup spots.

SA lead by 26.
first goal take off the lead without losing a wicket.
second goal - don't lose a wicket for another 45 min (lunch time)

Wicked stuff by Pakistan.. now inshallah the openers can 1st of all get pass the new ball..

Boucher saved SA ...

now how much can PK score... ? 300 ? they will need atleast 300 to take a 275 lead ..

if not for that Boucher cameo this would have been a dream of a start for Pak it still is better that what we all hoped for

We have to survive the new ball, the pitch has eased out for pace bowlers but Harries maybe a threat.

Sami Cheeeeeta...now lets hope This Farhat guy, sticks around with Hafeeez, You know, what, I shall give Hameeed chance with Hafeeeez and I ll send Farhat later.....lets hope our batsman play sensibly

has the pitch eased out, i do not think so, boucher had actually taken the pitch out of the equation. now the pak batsmen have to play the innings of their lives.what a golden opportunity they have created. now go and grab it.

Fantastic bowling performance from the boys after a very poor batting performance. This Test match has all the makings of a thriller.

We need to make at least 250-260 here, giving us a lead of over 200, which will be quite a chase on this pitch.

SA still overwhelming favourites at the mo according to b365

South Africa 1.44
Pakistan 2.62
Draw 51.00

yes Usman however Harris wont come into the attack till 20 0vers down lets hope its still Farhat and Hafeez playing with Pak in the lead and the two are pretty well settled.

cricketfan1 said:
if not for that Boucher cameo this would have been a dream of a start for Pak it still is better that what we all hoped for

Still a great come back and finishing the SA with the minimum lead ,this morning looked like they will have a 100 + in lead.Good job by all the bowlers.

Good effort from Pakistan this morning.

If someone had said to me Pak would take the last 5 wickets for 40 or so runs, I would have taken that

Dammit, I forgot its not being shown on the main Sky Channel , only via the red button, so no highlights of the wickets. (Missed the 1st 3 'cos I was out). :(

How long till the restart ?

Last edited:
KA$H said:
SA still overwhelming favourites at the mo according to b365

South Africa 1.44
Pakistan 2.62
Draw 51.00

really. and what were the odds that we'd knock em over for a lead of 23?

stb said:
it will be brave move if the order is shuffled now,

Would be brave, but Kamran having a go at number 3, instead of Hameed poking around, maybe a risky but better option?

Good bowling by Kaneria. Asif was very unlike Asif today as he got caught in the trap of bowling too short perhaps. Quick Sami yorker removed ntini before more damage could be done.

Has the movement died down?

Saj said:
Would be brave, but Kamran having a go at number 3, instead of Hameed poking around, maybe a risky but better option?

Risky Saj, but worth a shot i reckon, fortune favours the bold , after all.

by the way....why you guys so quite about the umpires now ?

both prince and hall didn't even get close to hitting it...and inzi and yousaf both plumb in the first innings....hmmmmm.....

not very sporting appealing when the guy didn't hit it ...is it ?

Last edited:
Oxy said:
Better put him out then...

no literally, he must have had a strong curry and flatulated, fire extinguishers are out there dampening this unprecedent incident.....

The batsmen that have been positive have generally been more successful.

saffer said:

both prince and nel didn't even get close to hitting it...and inzi and yousaf both plumb in **** innings....hmmmmm.....

When in Rome, do as the Romans do I guess :D

saffer said:

both prince and hall didn't even get close to hitting it...and inzi and yousaf both plumb in the first innings....hmmmmm.....

What goes around....Comes around!

So keep shtoomp and just watch the cricket.

AWAN IN A MILLION said:
Sorry guys...but I just keep feeling that Farhat is gonna let us down...AND in the usual manner.

I want to slap him already!

Give him a break guys. Farhat had the second highest score in the first innings.

saffer said:

Goes a little way to balancing out some of the shockers Pak. has got in the rest of the series :)

exactly....it goes both ways....I've seen no evidence for any umpire bias here....just a lot of moaning ..

pitch looks to have easened up
pakistan can get a big score here

just need to see ntini off

saffer said:
exactly....it goes both ways....I've seen no evidence for any umpire bias here....just a lot of moaning ..
We dont mind if you have a moan ;-)

Awan in a Million.

Cool it !!

Tired of deleting your posts today.

yup i was right
pitch has easened up after the first hour or so

only reason it looked deadly was cos we had first use of it yesterday

damn you hafeez just leave it

saffer said:

Prince wasnt out, but Hall's decision seemed fair enough.

you got to be joking.......!!! cheaters...???

listen my friend ....ball tampering...over appealing...catches not carrying......you not in a strong position as pakistan fans to call anyone cheaters...

S.A never appeal if they dont think it's out.....watch when harris bowls...they dont appeal for every single time its caught off the pads or missed ...

saffer said:

Its more a case of incompetence than bias to be honest. I don't see what the umpires will gain from being against Pakistan.

Oxy said:
We dont mind if you have a moan ;-)

Yep you can have a guest seat in the "wrist-slitters" stand if you want :D

Hafeez survives albw appeal, too high.

Excellent 1st over form Ntini, Hafeez did well to survive.

0-0 after 1.

Last edited:
Hafeez doing his best to get himself out.

He looks out of his depth.

Hafeez beaten - 32 his highest in the series- inspite of looking solid a few times , he has failed to get on a get a decent score. Better play for his WC spot here- Malik and Afridi are likely to make the squad along with AbdulRahman.

saffer said:
you got to be joking.......!!! cheaters...???

listen my friend ....ball tampering...over appealing...catches not carrying......you not in a strong position as pakistan fans to call anyone cheaters...

S.A never appeal if they dont think it's out.....watch when harris bowls...they dont appeal for every single time its caught off the pads or missed ...

OK Mate this is the fast moving commentary thread - please feel free to create a thread on the subjuct on the main forum - thanks.

why not just get farhat to start the innings
he handles ntini much better than hafeez

Saj said:
Prince wasnt out, but Hall's decision seemed fair enough.
Hall looked a fair enough call to me too. Somebody's always gonna get Bucknored, he'll get one of your lot too I'm sure.

Hafeez is looking nervoius. 1st ball play and miss; 2nd ball fine appeal by Ntini for LBW

Hall I thought was out. Prince was certainly unlucky.

Nevertheless I don't think S.A can complain too much - the 5 previous Tests they have played this season they have had the rub of the green.

OK Mate this is the fast moving commentary thread - please feel free to create a thread on the subjuct on the main forum - thanks.

no thanks...I'm not calling anyone cheaters....just asking people to be sensible before they make such stupid and embaressing comments...

Fine over by Ntini - could have had Hafeez 3 times. I think my world famous '0-2' prediction may be realised...

a solid opening stand (75+ runs) could mean an historic series victory in SA, cometh the hour.....

Farhat - awful awful shot. What the hell do these guys say to themselves 1st ball they face?? Must hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back