Pak Vs Sa: Test 3: Day 3: Can we do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really dont think anything will happen now. Theres just not enough support.

ab inzi ko kiya ho giya? His fitness is Shaoib-esque.

PepsiCola said:
Really dont think anything will happen now. Theres just not enough support.

as I said before, if thats the case turn off the internet, why are you following the game if its over ?

Asif back on straight after lunch and who knows............

Good ball from kaneria, almost got thru kallis there.

streaky edge past slip!

gets 2 runs!

Looks like a wicket could go down any minute now, I think this is going to be a ripper right till the end.

What options do we have left now ?
How many overs is Asif going to bowl today, if he is doing a good job he needs some back-up. What about Shahid Nazir he can bowl some good deliverys. I say keep Hafeez & Kaneria for another 40 minutes after the lunch.

If asif gets another wicket today he will be the 2nd fastest ever to get 50. the first fastest was by R turner in 1897

sharuk said:
If asif gets another wicket today he will be the 2nd fastest ever to get 50. the first fastest was by R turner in 1897
Someones been listening to Allan Donald.

Anyway, we really need one BEFORE lunch.

sharuk said:

Something to look forward to then!

Almost lunch- lets hope Asif can come back refreshed after lunch and with Kaneria do the morning session all over again.

We will need to bring Asif with some runs to spare. Once there are not enough runs then pressure will be gone. So Asif should be back after lunch for anothe hour worth of spell. One hour after the lunch game will be almost decided one way or the other.

PepsiCola said:
Just 88 more needed. SAF running away with it!

sure are. 36 runs in 28 overs for the loss of 2 wickets

You people seriously think Pakistan are going to win it? Dear God you have to be kdding me!

PepsiCola said:
You people seriously think Pakistan are going to win it? Dear God you have to be kdding me!
are you on a windup otherwise you know nowt about cricket

S.A 76/4 @ lunch

good effort from pakistan, need early wickets after lunch.

40 runs off 29 overs and got 2 wickets.

PepsiCola said:

SA still favorite but u never know.

PepsiCola said:

Well you must think we have a chance, as you still havent turned your internet connection off, even though the game is over according to you.

PepsiCola said:
if it is such a foregone conclusion then why have you been posting here for the past hour!

Kallis & Prince have held the fort till lunch- Hope Asif & Danish can break-in soon after and take-over again.
I'll have some brunch!!

one more wicket before launch could have set the game but there is still a hope.

Saj said:
Well you must think we have a chance, as you still havent turned your internet connection off, even though the game is over according to you.

Can't I still watch? I just set my expectations low so I can get really excited.

Obsessed_in_a_good_way said:
Wait, wait, wait ... don't turn off the internet. I'm watching!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
was that meant to be humourous coz I think you need to work on it... a lot

darkmoon459 said:
Really ,how much better one can do.

17 overs, 2 madien, 17 runs and 2 wickets.Give him some credit, will ya.

he should have picked at least one wicket today to put Pakistan on top.

Fantastic effort from Pakistan, but there just isn't enough support for Asif and Kaneria (who contrary to what a couple of people have been posting here, has been bowling superbly.) Imagine if we had Gul as well, how different this would look!

Hopefully a recharged Asif can get us back in this. If Danish can take one wicket...than he will run through them!

shan said:
he should have picked at least one wicket today to put Pakistan on top.
He did his best and still keeping pakistan in the game , hopefully after lunch we will get a break thru.Inshallah.

PepsiCola said:
Can't I still watch? I just set my expectations low so I can get really excited.

Keep your expectations to yourself. You get annoying after a while.

I wonder what the series would be like with this attack

Akhtar
Asif
Gul
Kaneria

Salam everyone, I've been so gripped by this match I hadn't gotten myself onto Pakpassion even though my laptop was just beside me. Test cricket at its best for sure with some of those most enthralling stuff ever. A supreme session for Pakistan though perhaps another wicket might have been the icing on the cake. Pakistan still have a superb chance of winning if Asif and Kaneria can continue in the same fashion that they have been so far. Kaneria has bowled very very well and is offering great support to Asif. I hope Nazir also gets an opportunity instead of Hafeez as I feel Nazir does have the movement and the tight enough line to cause problems. A great lunch session awaits :D

This has been fantastic gripping cricket. Ignore the kids like PepsiCola.......wish we had knocked over one more but an early wicket after lunch will really set it up for us nicely. If we get a wicket in the first over the game will be as good as ours.

PlanetPakistan said:
the last time i tried so hard to stay awake was during M Sami's debut test match!
lol, university alnighters have made this routine for me.

Spare a thought for me. It's 5:54 am here and my eyes are like burning at the moment. Yet I am trying hard to stay up.

We need Danish to get into the wicket taking act. He'll be alot more dangerous - one wicket is all he needs to get going. We're still not out of this...!

Remember this is one of those pitches where wickets fall in 2s and 3s.

76 for 4 can become 90 for 6 or 7 quite easlily. We just need to be patient. I just remembered Steyn predicted yesterday that SA would win soon after lunch........yeah good one mate.

Anyway........let's try and get them 6 down by the time they reach 100.

inshallah after lunch kaneria and asif shud continue the attack and we need 1 or 2 quick wikets

Hash said:
Remember this is one of those pitches where wickets fall in 2s and 3s.

76 for 4 can become 90 for 6 or 7 quite easlily. We just need to be patient. I just remembered Steyn predicted yesterday that SA would win soon after lunch........yeah good one mate.

Anyway........let's try and get them 6 down by the time they reach 100.

I'm sure many predicted the same thing but it has been the herculean efforts from our bowlers that have kept us alive and kicking

The_Cricket_Devil said:
I'm sure many predicted the same thing but it has been the herculean efforts from our bowlers that have kept us alive and kicking

I'm proud of the Pakistan team

ahsan17 said:
Spare a thought for me. It's 5:54 am here and my eyes are like burning at the moment. Yet I am trying hard to stay up.

I have been doing that for the past 3 weeks, and then I usually leave at around 8:30 to 9 for university as well! So stop whinin' :D .

shan said:
i expected better from Kaneria. :12:

yea thats right

he's only been bowling with the new ball and only been on the money virtually every delivery and only conceded 1 run per over and only been building a pressure cooker atmosphere in middle by constantly asking questions of the batsmen and umpires alike

We can win this. Come on boys - get 1 early wicket (be it Kallis or Prince) after lunch and increase the pressure. Asif and Kaneria should bowl in tandem after lunch.

KA$H said:
yea thats right

he's only been bowling with the new ball and only been on the money virtually every delivery and only conceded 1 run per over and only been building a pressure cooker atmosphere in middle by constantly asking questions of the batsmen and umpires alike

Well said.

Shan isn't watching anyway......he is only following on cricinfo so his opinion doesn't count.

Originally Posted by shan
i expected better from Kaneria.

some people are never happy ................ na shukra pun .

Hash said:
Well said.

Shan isn't watching anyway......he is only following on cricinfo so his opinion doesn't count.

i watched the game till these two dashing batsmans started hitting sixes :p

the_game said:
I have been doing that for the past 3 weeks, and then I usually leave at around 8:30 to 9 for university as well! So stop whinin' :D .
I normally wake up at 11:00 :16:...all of my classes are in the afternoon!

It dosn't matter if he give 1 run or 2 unless he doesn't pick wicket SA is on top.

shan said:
It dosn't matter if he give 1 run or 2 unless he doesn't pick wicket SA is on top.
He isn't giving away any runs. And that puts pressure on batsmen. And effectively, pressure tends to bring you wickets.

ahsan17 said:
Dude he isn't giving away any runs. And that puts pressure on batsmen. And effectively, pressure tends to bring you wickets.

bring wickets quickly because just 85 runs left.

shan said:

you really don't know much about cricket do you? It's not as black and white as you think. Cricket is a very psychological sport.......it is very different from other sports. It is more like chess in fact.......you have to constantly out-think and out psyche your opponent. Dot balls, pressure grows and the wickets come.

Trust me..........if we keep the runs down the wickets will come.

Have you all seen how good Kallis looks out there? Prince may be a little disturbed, but he also looks good.

Things just dont go our way.

PepsiCola said:
Have you all seen how good Kallis looks out there? Prince may be a little disturbed, but he also looks good.

Things just dont go our way.

Acha ji, theek hai. Pakistan zaleel hojayega buri tarha. Ab khush?

Hash said:
you really don't know much about cricket do you? It's not as black and white as you think. Cricket is a very psychological sport.......it is very different from other sports. It is more like chess in fact.......you have to constantly out-think and out psyche your opponent. Dot balls, pressure grows and the wickets come.

Trust me..........if we keep the runs down the wickets will come.

it's not like our backup bowlers are akhtar and gul :30: SA will be happy to score 1 run of him

shan said:
it's not like our backup bowlers are akhtar and gul :30: SA will be happy to score 1 run of him

and I am sure he will be perfectly happy with 1 run being scored off each of his overs.

Gives him plebty of time to work out plans to each batsman, to set each batsman up and to have whatever field he likes since SA are not scoring runs

shan said:

Personally, I think you are underestimating Nazir and also it isn't as if those 1 -2 runs have been easy to come by off Kaneria, he has bowled a superb line and length and prince is not looking comfortable against him so why don't you just wait till the end of the match?

the_game said:
Acha ji, theek hai. Pakistan zaleel hojayega buri tarha. Ab khush?

arey bahi siab ,zaleel to hum aray batsmen no kia hai. bowlers koshish ker rahey hian Izaat bacha ne ke.

Just woke up- saw the score at lunch and thought 'excellent' - then I saw we had SA 39-4!!

Hoping the next session is one of the greatest in Pak test cricket history:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back