Pakistan v Australia | 4th ODI | Abu Dhabi | 01/05/09 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Arafat playing sensibly now - this boy has talent.

Afridi is a pure ODI player. Departs with a Strike Rate of 100.

Tanvir in ahead of AKhtar, after what he did in the 2nd odi I would have thought he would come in next.

ball is gripping for seamers too...

220 would be an extremely decent score

pathetic from Arafat .... 4 dot balls in a row ... this guy cant hit for sh*t!

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Whatt !! Why ?
I am just kidding. As Inswinger said. You mentioned the last time Afridi got 50 and then he departed before 50 argh.

IMMY69 said:
ball is gripping for seamers too...

220 would be an extremely decent score

extremely decent? Isnt that like being slightly pregnant?

Arafat 16 off 26 and that includes a 4 and a 6.

At least 19 dots in there, that's way too many at this stage!

Osman said:
Arafat is garbage plain and simple!

He is there. he has to stay there til the end. Get a grip.

All experts are telling us that this is not a whack and run pitch

Osman said:
Arafat is garbage plain and simple!

Can you relax and give the boy a chance. Currently he is the best all rounder for Pakistan.

Sparhawk said:
extremely decent? Isnt that like being slightly pregnant?

decent, good...semantics...

too old to learn..stick to teaching others...

MIG said:
He is there. he has to stay there til the end. Get a grip.

All experts are telling us that this is not a whack and run pitch

and on this same pitch i am sure our bowlers will be dealt with ease by the Aussie batsman ... watch Arafat get plundered!

FIFTY OVERS - is all we ask from our batting :(

M.Y.13 said:
I am just kidding. As Inswinger said. You mentioned the last time Afridi got 50 and then he departed before 50 argh.
Oh, it's OK. Anyway, it was a very useful innings played by Afridi today.

Osman said:
and on this same pitch i am sure our bowlers will be dealt with ease by the Aussie batsman ... watch Arafat get plundered!

Ok.

Osman said:
powerplay taken and these 2 are taking singles .... JOKE!

id rather they score ten in singles rather than be all out in three balls going for massive crappy shunts on a testing wicket.

Lethal said:
No. otherwise you have to question why he is playing.
He is playing because YK values his bowling more than Fawad's batting. Btw, Tanvir is better than Arafat in every department.

They should play some shots.

Tanvir does but gets only a single.

godzilla said:
id rather they score ten in singles rather than be all out in three balls going for massive crappy shunts on a testing wicket.

there is a difference between mindless slogging and attacking shots ....

Osman said:
powerplay taken and these 2 are taking singles .... JOKE!

I was hoping that they never take the powerplay as we were watching a very rare feat that is Afridi playing according to the match situation. As soon as they took one, Afridi's brain went AWOL...

Too many dot balls.

Far too many dot balls.

Far far too many dot balls.

srh said:
He is playing because YK values his bowling more than Fawad's batting. Btw, Tanvir is better than Arafat in every department.

Arafat deserves his place. Fawad Alam should play instead of Saeed Ajmal.

Boundary to Tanvir.

Good shot for 4 by Tani!

188/7 after 47 overs.

Osman said:
there is a difference between mindless slogging and attacking shots ....

and what gives you the impressoin that with 7 down and five overs to go when the whole of the top order has played about 7 attacking shots (rather than mindless slogging) in 45 overs, that these two can suddenly pull a bradman?

godzilla said:
and what gives you the impressoin that with 7 down and five overs to go when the whole of the top order has played about 7 attacking shots (rather than mindless slogging) in 45 overs, that these two can suddenly pull a bradman?

noone is asking them to pull a bradman .... but given the stage of the innings we are at where is the intent!?

Watson missed a dolly...maybe he was too worried about Ajmal bowling to him later on...

Afridi has answered his critics in a pretty emphatic way, great series so far. Been easily Pakistan's best player.

I don't think this total is as bad as some on here think, not going to be that easy to get. Pakistan still have a class bowling attack. Yes it is weaker these days but so is Australia.

we have been extremely fortunate thanks to some shoddy fielding by the Aussies too!

Why does this guys swing everything towards the leg side. I mean come on, You have just been dropped playing a similar shot, and you do it again and get out.

190/8.. this will be tight match. Ahktar needs to give us a good start with the ball..

thank god for that ...... brings Akhtar in at least well see some intent!

Osman said:
noone is asking them to pull a bradman .... but given the stage of the innings we are at where is the intent!?

lol

Did some body say tanvir was an allrounder?????

valuable runs here.. if they can get a quick 20 odd.. that'll be a great end.

Good end to the over... if shoaib can hit a couple of boundaries that would give us a good enough score

If Arafat does good here today then he might have chances to keep himself in the side

Imy said:
Did some body say tanvir was an allrounder?????

Hmm, i remember someone telling me that he is the replacement for Razzaq. Atleast Razzaq had more shots and used to connect most of the time. :)) :)) :)) :)) :))) :))) :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back