Pakistan v Australia | ICC World T20: 6th Match | Group A | St Lucia | Aus Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Slogger

Local Club Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
Lets go Pakistan

Employ as many spinners possible for this slow track.

Venue : Beausejour Cricket Ground, Gros Islet, St Lucia
Weather Conditions: Scattered Showers Expected (Precip. Chance 30%), Max: 31°C Min: 26°C
Date & Time:Sunday, May 2, 2010 22:30 PST
Live Telecasters: Star Cricket, Geo Super, Super Sports, Sky Sports
PAKISTAN
Shahid Afridi(capt), Salman Butt, Mohammad Hafeez, Khalid Latif, Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Umar Akmal, Abdul Razzaq, Abdul Rehman, Hammad Azam, Kamran Akmal(wk), Mohammad Sami, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer, Saeed Ajmal.
AUSTRALIA
Michael Clarke (capt), David Warner, Shane Watson, Cameron White, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Tim Paine, Steven Smith, Daniel Christian, Brad Haddin (wk), Ryan Harris, Dirk Nannes, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Shaun Tait.
FROM GUIDE (last five matches)
AUSTRALIA - LWWWW
PAKISTAN - WWLLW

►Pakistan won the match between these teams during ICC WT20 2007 by six wickets at Johannesburg.
►Pakistan played in the final of ICC CWC 1999 against Australia at Lord’s, losing by eight wickets.
►Australia Made the highest total batting second in a Twenty20 International, scoring 214-4 against New Zealand at Christchurch in February this year to tie the match. It lost on the Super Over.
►The match will be played on the 30th anniversary of the death of great Australian leg-spinner Clarrie Grimmett.
►AUSTRALIA's winning percentage in T20 International is 55.35 while PAKISTAN's winning percentage is 75.81 which is highest among all playing countries.

EDIT by MODS: Please don't post links . Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be a good match. I hope we beat Aussies today InshAllah and Bangladesh knocks them out in group stage.

Rack up anything in excess of 160 and :afridi :ajmal :aamir have got this.

Umair Paracha! said:
Should be a good match. I hope we beat Aussies today InshAllah and Bangladesh knocks them out in group stage.

no way... Aussies losing to bangladesh? :)) only in dreams

Or we could just bowl first and rout them for under 100 :akhtar

Good Luck Afridi XI, India won their match today, lets show them we are not to taken lightly either!

abdul2009 said:
woooooo matches in the windies, the time zone sucks :pissed:

Go Aussies

I will have to wholeheartedly disagree with you.

This is the best time zone ever. In fact they are in our time zone thus their local time is our local time. Loving it. :D

I always love the matches played in the Windies.

Last edited:
kingusama92 said:
I will have to wholeheatedly disagree with you.

This is the best time zone ever. In fact they are in our time zone thus their local time is our local time. Loving it. :D

Same here! :D

kingusama92 said:

i also love the time zone. i dont have to wake up in the middle of the night to watch the game!

Acha Man said:
i also love the time zone. i dont have to wake up in the middle of the night to watch the game!

It is now 2:55am in Sydney. I hate you blessed Canadians :moyo

kingusama92 said:

Agree - Loving it here in England.

Perfect time for Pakistan to start.

Poison said:
It is now 2:55am in Sydney. I hate you blessed Canadians :moyo
Dude, we weren't that blessed during the Pak vs SL series, and the Pak vs Aus series. :))

Shukar karo :moyo

cricket_fever said:
somehow i m less nervous for this match than the bangla match

Now that is a shock. This is Australia we are playing. Perhaps you were nervous cos it was the first game.

kingusama92 said:

Not really, I live in Toronto too, but I hate the time zone as I can not do anything else except watch cricket...

I have a essay due tommorow yet I want to watch this match...

Stupid Windies timezone :pissed:

kingusama92 said:

yeah, this is the best time zone for us.

Lethal said:
Now that is a shock. This is Australia we are playing. Perhaps you were nervous cos it was the first game.

Bangla was like the bogey game, we're pretty much assured a Super 8 spot now so I'm also much calmer. :Sami

Australia win the toss and decide to bat first.

Lethal said:
maybe...but when i have that extra nervous feeling pak ends up winning and when i am sure we will win the opposite happens

now i m geting scaaared

Ismailtoca said:
Not really, I live in Toronto too, but I hate the time zone as I can not do anything else except watch cricket...

I have a essay due tommorow yet I want to watch this match...

Stupid Windies timezone :pissed:

or maybe you should have started your essay earlier. :p

:))) :))) :)))

Afridi NEVER directly answers questions and goes on tangents about his team :afridi

Why is everyone having a cry far out?? Get over it, if you think we can't chase stop watching and go away.

cricket_fever said:
hmmm but sami wasnt that bad yesterday

yesterday we were playing bangladesh not australia ....aussies love playing a fast bowler cant swing :asif

why does everyone here get scared when we chase? remember the last world cup final

imran666 said:
yesterday we were playing bangladesh not australia ....aussies love playing a bowler with back who cant swing :asif
hmm.....but still sami might turn outta be a surprise package like butt was yesterday

im happy they haven't changed the combination. wonder who's going to open the bowling though

Hello and welcome to what should be a thrilling Australia v Pakistan encounter in St Lucia. Pakistan may have been royally hammered by Australia recently, but they are the champions of this format and Australia are, well, as far as their record goes, pretty rubbish.

LOL ***?!? what a cricinfo commentator

Poison said:
:))) :))) :)))

Afridi NEVER directly answers questions and goes on tangents about his team :afridi
what was the question and what did he say?? i missed it

Nothing short to Warner, Aamer has to try and get some seam. Sami will probably be murdered in this match.

i think razzaq shuld open bowling with aamer..sami did well later on in the innings last game..so maybe he can try to take over gul's role

Come on Pakistan!!

Make this game a walk in the park!! :butt :akmal :misbah :afridi :umarakmal :ajmal :aamir :Sami

:younis

Sledger said:
Nothing short to Warner, Aamer has to try and get some seam. Sami will probably be murdered in this match.

I think Aamer can do to Warner what he did to Smith and all other left handers ie cramp them for room and get top edges. :aamir

Shezada said:
Hello and welcome to what should be a thrilling Australia v Pakistan encounter in St Lucia. Pakistan may have been royally hammered by Australia recently, but they are the champions of this format and Australia are, well, as far as their record goes, pretty rubbish.

LOL ***?!? what a cricinfo commentator

Here is the reason, why he is more than rubbish;

I am Sahil Dutta and I'll be bring you all the action from this game, so let's try and get on.

Kriketer said:
Come on Pakistan!!

Make this game a walk in the park!! :butt :akmal :misbah :afridi :umarakmal :ajmal :Sami

:younis

Make it a cake in the walk :younis

Poison said:
I think Aamer can do to Warner what he did to Smith and all other left handers ie cramp them for room and get top edges. :aamir
apparantly warner is their danger man :(

Warner is a hit and miss bloke. Overrated, from what I saw in the IPL (and I saw him in almost all the matches). Pakistan would be better off focusing on countering the dangerous Shane Watson and the Hussey bros.

Interesting to see Pakistan´s bowling strategy. This match will truely gauge Afridi´s captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back