Pakistan v England | 2nd Test | Abu Dhabi | Jan 28th, 2012 | Day 4 - RELIVE THE DAY!

Taufeeq is a grafter but his weakness is too obvious against spin bowling , bowled twice to a straighter one is criminal.

thing with taufeeq is that he is fine against the seamers but clueless against spin especially Swann so what do you? Do you drop him and unsettle the opening and accommodate Umar Akmal? Or do you go in with the same batting line-up?

I don't think there's loads in the pitch. England have just bowled very well throughout the game.

If we lose it will be down to brainfarting under pressure. Which I accept could happen.

60-40 England IMO.

England have been good in this game, they've looked the better team, and deserve to be in this strong position...BUT If Pakistan bowl England out cheaply they deserve to win the test and series. Simple.

England can chase 180 - 200 with ease. This is not a mine field. It just takes one 50 run partnership to get there. Also England bat deep.

If we get quick wickets..the pitch wont matter..the difference is englands tail..wont be surprised if broad hits the winning runs..

As things stand now - England will win with maybe 8 wickets in hand - nothing in the pitch and Gul with the new ball will give away too many runs. Ajmal and Rehman wont have enough time or runs to put pressure on England

Doesn't matter the end result, but one has to admit that this test match has been awesome!

As things stand now - England will win with maybe 8 wickets in hand - nothing in the pitch and Gul with the new ball will give away too many runs. Ajmal and Rehman wont have enough time or runs to put pressure on England

oooo not sure Miggy my friend!

Could be a good top order partnership that wins it, but if England collapse to the likes of 40-5 (happened twice in Dubai) then Pakistan can win it.

the guys in the studio and gower in particular seem to have misunderstood amir sohail.... they think he's being harsh on Pakistan youngsters. I thought he was quite fair and just mentioned they're playing to their limits. Nasser seems to have got the point Sohail was making

Whatever the target is Pakistan should start with Ajmal and hafeez, we dont have enuff runs to take chance with gul or junaid

Its been a long time since we turned around matches in second innings with our bowling.

Its a fascinating Test match - just cant seem to get enough of it !

I'd give both Gul and Junaid 1 over each to just see what the ball is doing. I would tell them to give it their all. Remember Junaid got 5 last time he played here on a flat pitch. Just give him a chance to see what he can do. 1-2 overs max. If nothing bring on Ajmal.

Likewise at the other end, bring on Hafeez. And then Rehman.

We should start with quicks , probably a different gul turn up to give us a head start in final innings. We can not be too careful now, will have to take our chances with all the resources available.

I'd give both Gul and Junaid 1 over each to just see what the ball is doing. I would tell them to give it their all. Remember Junaid got 5 last time he played here on a flat pitch. Just give him a chance to see what he can do. 1-2 overs max. If nothing bring on Ajmal.

this.

We wont have runs for cushion. Hafeez and 1 pacer from get go. Ajmal when ball is dirtier (so trott and co don't see it)

I don't think there's loads in the pitch. England have just bowled very well throughout the game.

If we lose it will be down to brainfarting under pressure. Which I accept could happen.

60-40 England IMO.

England have been good in this game, they've looked the better team, and deserve to be in this strong position...BUT If Pakistan bowl England out cheaply they deserve to win the test and series. Simple.

Way too generous. I'd say 80-20 England.

yayyyyyy!

Good decision.

Swanny bowling average against Pakistani left-handers........?

Five.

:)))

le sigh

if we're gonna make anymore runs then this is the partnership that's going to do ti

Gul new man in, pakistan need to keep looking for runs here.

So England need 130 to win. 5 sessions to go. Pitch still good. Easy peasy.

thing with taufeeq is that he is fine against the seamers but clueless against spin especially Swann so what do you? Do you drop him and unsettle the opening and accommodate Umar Akmal? Or do you go in with the same batting line-up?

Good idea

umar Gul could have hit 4 sixes by now! What is he doing?

Back