Pakistan v England: 5th ODI at Edgbaston (Pak Innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kablooee87

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
The last match of a long summer tour. Pakistan will look to finish with on a positive note and clinch the series. England on the other hand will look to earn an unlikely drawn series against an opponent widely considered to be superior.

Not to mention a large Pakistani contingent considering some of the talk of the forums. Not should a great atmosphere. Hopefully people won't do anything stupid (read: pitch invasion) so it can all end well.

As they say Bakwas Kum and Kaam Ziyada ! Go and support your team with full colours but dont make fools of yerself ! And less of Pak fans with beer glasses pls !

lets finish off in style and have some momentum going into the CT

MIG said:
As they say Bakwas Kum and Kaam Ziyada ! Go and support your team with full colours but dont make fools of yerself ! And less of Pak fans with beer glasses pls !
Was there pak fans with beer glasses??? :O

I am sure I some in the Headingley wiith what looked like Beer glasses but they were a minority ! Its their business at the end of the day but I dont want to see Pakistani lager louts !

MIG said:
I am sure I some in the Headingley wiith what looked like Beer glasses but they were a minority ! Its their business at the end of the day but I dont want to see Pakistani lager louts !

I was walking home about an hour before the 4th ODI when I saw a car full of Pakistani fans in Pakistani ODI shirts 'filling up' at Booze Express!!

its hard to swallow when muslims drink alcohol...i see how someone slips once and drinks but to do it as a regular habit...how..why

Amazing that here is a team whose basic ethos nowadays is based on religion and its fans (some of them) openly drink alcohol to support it ! Wonder if people like MoYo who have converted to our faith in earnest can look at these chaps and think - "So is this the great Muslim Nation they told me about ?"

btw, I am not saying that its a fault in our religion - just commenting on the irony of this situation.

kablooee87 said:
09:15 GMT

Thanks - but isnt it amazing - this is a working day in the MiddleEast and when I really wanted it to be a D/N so that I could watch some of it at home - it turns out to be a day game :(

Having said that, since I jinx Pak whenever I watch the game completely, I expect Pak to win today - InshaALLAH !

MIG said:
Thanks - but isnt it amazing - this is a working day in the MiddleEast and when I really wanted it to be a D/N so that I could watch some of it at home - it turns out to be a day game :(

Having said that, since I jinx Pak whenever I watch the game completely, I expect Pak to win today - InshaALLAH !

haha. I feel the opposite. The last match was the first in a while I didn't get to watch and we lost. Not that I believe in jinxes though >_>

so it's official with Rao coming in for [edit: Akhtar]. I had a slim hope that it wasn't true.

Last edited:
Ok chaps - pls post score updates as you see them. Thanks

England team
AJ Strauss, J Lewis, MH Yardy, SCJ Broad, KP Pietersen, CMW Read, IR Bell, SI Mahmood, PD Collingwood, JWM Dalrymple, EC Joyce

MIG said:
Ok chaps - pls post score updates as you see them. Thanks
Ok MIG

*looks into the future*

Uhm.... well, I can tell you we were all out..

Dropping Akhtar is well suprising!!

Nice avatar Pathan :D

Botha says it was a great toss to win. Wicket looks like it holds a lot for the bowlers.

Pathan007 said:
Akhtar dropped. well risky move

I dont think he has been dropped - he was having some treatment on his calf etc - could be an injury. We need him fit for CT

Commentator made a mistake at the end, he said England is gonna bat first

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
akhtar is playing..malik is dropped..

Oi You guys - make up your mind ! Is Akhtar playing or not ?

According to Cricinfo Akhtar is playing but that can't right because in that case we have 5 seamers!!

Mohammad Hafeez, Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Naved-ul-Hasan, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Asif, Iftikhar Anjum

Mohammad Hafeez, Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Naved-ul-Hasan, Imran Farhat, Mohammad Asif, Iftikhar Anjum

Mercenary said:
According to Cricinfo Akhtar is playing but that can't right because in that case we have 5 seamers!!

Mohammad Hafeez, Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Naved-ul-Hasan, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Asif, Iftikhar Anjum

Could this be a "Lets bowl them out for 10 runs and then win with 4 batsmen ?" strategy ?

Akhtar is definitely out. Rao is in for him. Malik is out. Farhat is in.

Ok to recap:

OUT:
Akhtar
Malik

IN:
Rao
Farhat

The news from Edgbaston is that Andrew Strauss has won his first toss of the series and has decided to field. England are playing the same team that won the fourth ODI at Trent Bridge. Pakistan have made two changes bringing in Rao Iftikhar Anjum for the out-of-form Shoaib Malik and Imran Farhat for Shoaib Akhtar, who misses out because of a knee injury.

Score and who is bowling ( bowler name pls)

Late movement and Pak stroke players better watch out - hafeez was caught driving and so was YK

so far:

0.4 Stuart Broad to Hafeez, no run, fullish delivery outside off, Hafeez plunges forward and drives it to short cover
0.3 Stuart Broad to Hafeez, no run, fuller length delivery outside off, shaping away, Hafeez has a big swing and miss
0.2 Stuart Broad to Hafeez, no run, good length delivery on the off, Hafeez looks to defend it, misses it
0.1 Stuart Broad to Hafeez, no run, good length delivery on the off, shaping away nicely from the right hander, left alone
0.1 Stuart Broad to Hafeez, wide, poor delivery to start off with, fuller length delivery way outside off, shaping away from the right hander

3/0 off 1. Decent over by Broad

I'd hate to be at Edgbaston with many bloody horns

We have to be careful not to lose eary wickets against Lewis this time!!

Is there a lot of swing/movement ? I suppose Jon Lewis's over will tell us ! Just hope he doesnt have our number on this !

okay those horns are starting to annoy me...I feel bad for the folks at the ground!

with Akhtar away - we have to get a decent total here - nothing short of 270+ will do.

feather said:
okay those horns are starting to annoy me...I feel bad for the folks at the ground!

O let em enjoy it - its better than drunken fans singing...

MIG there is good amount of movement...I think they you should try to hold on to their wickets at this time instead of doing anything stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back