Pakistan v England | 6th T20I | GSL | 30 September 2022 | Pakistan innings

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
So, it's a do or die for England if they wish to stay in the series.

For Pakistan, big improvements in batting needed as defending small totals is not an easy task!

==

Five done, two more matches to go, and it doesn't feel enough.

Even for a series as closely contested as the one between Pakistan and England, the previous couple of matches have managed to take it up a notch. The bowlers bailed Pakistan out of tight situations in both those games, giving them a 3-2 lead as they broke the pattern of alternating wins and losses. And while Mohammad Rizwan called the Lahore pitch two-paced to justify the score of 145 that he thought was a good one on that surface, Pakistan's batting hasn't quite been setting the stage on fire.

Not that England have managed to capitalise. They lost a bunch of wickets inside the first 10 overs in those run-chases, leaving a lot to do for the batters lower down. It was Liam Dawson's assault that nearly pulled it off for the visitors in the fourth T20I, and it was Moeen Ali yesterday who got them close before debutant Aamer Jamal sealed the deal with a good final over.

The bowling from England has fared better, even if it's not as sharp as Pakistan's. One bloke who has been quite sharp, though, is Mark Wood who is firing up the speed-gun as ever, reaping three-wicket hauls in the only two games he's played so far. Sam Curran, Chris Woakes and David Willey have been alright, while Adil Rashid would be disappointed at not having made that much of an impact.

There have been a few changes in both teams as the series has gone on. One change England would desperately love to make would be to include Jos Buttler, but they may not be willing to risk him yet. The bigger picture looms large. Still, there's a series on the line on Friday, and one that has been a thrill to watch.

When: Pakistan vs England, 6th T20I, September 30, 7:30 PM local time

Where: Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Team News

Pakistan: Haris Rauf is the only pacer from both teams to play all five games so far and might get a break. He could be replaced by Dahani or Hasnain. Naseem Shah, who was hospitalised yesterday after being diagnosed with pneumonia, has also tested positive for Covid-19 and been ruled out of the series. But he's feeling better and has been discharged from the hospital.

Squads:
Pakistan Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(w), Babar Azam(c), Shan Masood, Haider Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Aamer Jamal, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Haris Rauf, Usman Qadir, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Haris, Shahnawaz Dahani, Abrar Ahmed

England Squad: Philip Salt(w), Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali(c), Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, David Willey, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Will Jacks, Liam Dawson, Olly Stone, Reece Topley, Tom Helm, Luke Wood, Richard Gleeson, Jordan Cox

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

5. Report abuse. If you see any post which is inappropriate, report it. Do not respond to it.

Pak played very badly in the 1st half but thanks to bowling/fielding they won it,

I hope they are more switch on, Some of the dismissal in last games was due to laziness and brain fading.

To be the top team they need to be street smart. when to attack and when to respect if someone bowling good.

Haris definitely needs a break.

Bring in Hasnain and the other Haris for Rizwan.

Haris definitely needs a break.

Bring in Hasnain and the other Haris for Rizwan.

Agree, Hasnain for Rauf & Haris for Rizwan.

I am also not convinced by Haider, He seems totally out of foam but there is no alternative, In Aussies condition and inform Haider will be better than Khurshid.

Agree, Hasnain for Rauf & Haris for Rizwan.

I am also not convinced by Haider, He seems totally out of foam but there is no alternative, In Aussies condition and inform Haider will be better than Khurshid.

I had such high hopes for Haider and this series was his opportunity which he seems to have completely blown. Hope he still gets the last two games.

I think England will win one sided match :)

Let’s see who will be the hero from England

Saw the highlights of Pakistan's innings. Awful batting. Exceptional bowling is covering up a lot of weaknesses.

Wahab Riaz grilled Mohammed Waseem on PTV about the team's problems. All the questions some of us here are asking. He was very persistent.

Everybody starts talking about "winning formulas" and adopts a conservative mindset once they have power in Pakistan.

Haris and Rizwan are headed for major injuries if they keep going like this.

Whatever happened to Haider? He'd started with such promise. Did management ruin him?

Hopefully Butler plays today instead of Walking wicket Salt

Very difficult for Pakistan to string 3 games in a row wholesale changes could be an excuse otherwise just drop Haider the guy is another Khusdil lack of technique at international level from what so far we've have seen he will be found out against any international attack barring UAE/HKG

Very difficult for Pakistan to string 3 games in a row wholesale changes could be an excuse otherwise just drop Haider the guy is another Khusdil lack of technique at international level from what so far we've have seen he will be found out against any international attack barring UAE/HKG

but whom will you play in Haider place?

When your batters fail, why dont they include a 6th bowler?

This will mean less of the following; ifti, khushdil, haider and khushdil.

Lets pencil shadab and nawaz at no 6 onwards...

Riz
Babar
Shan
Ifti
Asif
Shadab
Nawaz
Jamal
Wasim
Haris
Hasnain/Usman

If Fakhar can be squeezed in for WC and they let Shan find his feet...this team will be competitive regardless of the hitting ability in Australia...

Riz
Babar
Fakhar
Shan
Ifti
Asif
Shadab
Nawaz
Afridi
Haris
Naseem

PCB confirm that Mohammad Haris will make his T20I debut today

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/xmlz94" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

I dont understand what Mo haris has done to get in the Pak team...but that is our management for you

I am guessing Riz will rest - maybe move Shan to opener?

Good luck to Haris. This is the format he should have debuted in anyway.

I hope with go with 4 seamers today (Jamal the 4th) with Dahani and Hasnain both playing.

Shan opens with Babar likely. Shadab at No.3 with Haider at No. 4 with Harris at No.5, Asif at 6 with Aamer Jamal at 7.

Last edited:
Pakistan should not be playing Rauf for the remaining t20s and Wasim Jnr should also rest he was injured not long ago.

Go with this line up
Babar
Haris
Shan
Haider Ali
Iftikhar
Asif Ali
Shadab
Nawaz
Jamal
Hasnain
Dahani

Pakistan should not be playing Rauf for the remaining t20s and Wasim Jnr should also rest he was injured not long ago.

Go with this line up
Babar
Haris
Shan
Haider Ali
Iftikhar
Asif Ali
Shadab
Nawaz
Jamal
Hasnain
Dahani

Nawaz should rest too. There's nothing more to know about him. We know he is in the XI.

Wasim Hasnain Dahani Jamal should be 4 seamers imo.

England have won the toss and elected to field against Pakistan in the 6th T20I

Mohammad Rizwan and Haris Rauf are rested

Mohammad Haris (Debut) and Shahnawaz Dahani come in

7cf4d300-1267-4ee6-8cf0-bc4a325ac03c.jpg871d4ccc-dacb-40a3-905e-c51e2a1b3ec6 (1).jpg

I feel like Amitabh Bachan in Mohabbatain today

The scene where he feels happy to feel the wind blow from the opposite direction

Nawaz should rest too. There's nothing more to know about him. We know he is in the XI.

Wasim Hasnain Dahani Jamal should be 4 seamers imo.

I think he needs to do more with the bat so would keep him in...

Woakes, Wood out as Gleeson, Topley come in

Two changes to the England XI this evening with the rotation continuing as seamers Mark Wood and Chris Woakes are given a breather and Reece Topley and Richard Gleeson come in.

Good to see that Rauf is being rested and good to see Dahani is being given a chance.

If they are thinking in the direction of playing jamal as 3rd seamer, that's one stupid waste of resources.

It's just a desperate attempt to lengthen the batting lineup at the cost bowling. This never works.

Just read on cricinfo about Babar at the toss:

"Babar Azam says he would have bowled too, because of the dew factor, but is looking to post "160-170"

Why do they go in with this prefixed poor mentality, just say we want to post a good total. Now the English players already mentally ready to chase down max 170.

But his place in XI is sealed regardless.

We have some selection dilemmas to sort out in fastbowling.

Thiers no selection dilemma if fit it would be 3 of the four shaheen,Rauf,Naseem and wasim jnr.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No Shaheen Shah Afridi, Naseem Shah or Haris Rauf - a good opportunity for the back-up pacers to impress <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PakvEng?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PakvEng</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1575850226597785600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 30, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thiers no selection dilemma if fit it would be 3 of the four shaheen,Rauf,Naseem and wasim jnr.

We needed to see more of Wasim, Dahani and Hasnain together.

The performances aren't comparable because the pitches differed quite a bit.

Pak will let out a sigh of relief that Woods not playing...off the 20 runs conceded by Woods, 14 were scored by Riz while the rest scored only 6...

Good luck to M Haris

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/k1te0n" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Should have gone in with 3 proper fast bowlers plus Jamal, but can understand Babar's concern since Rizwan is not there today and he want more batting opportunities.

Pak will let out a sigh of relief that Woods not playing...off the 20 runs conceded by Woods, 14 were scored by Riz while the rest scored only 6...

Wow. Just look how careful they are with their assets.

Watch our team play Shaheen in every game tge moment he leaves hospital.

We needed to see more of Wasim, Dahani and Hasnain together.

The performances aren't comparable because the pitches differed quite a bit.

I agree I said the same thing before the last t20 match.

Btw, No Wood so Haider could've had a nice opportunity today.
But he will probably be demoted today.

This is the difference between teams who look after their bowlers and teams who just want to win and risk players getting injured.

England could easily have said to Wood that we want to win this series and you have to play.

xyBgJax.png

Since Rizwan is not playing, Haider & Haris/Shan should open. Babar should bat at 3 today.

Haider is an opener. By making him play in MO, we are damaging his confidence & waisting his talent. He still might not score in this innings but give him 5+ games as an opener. We might get destructive opener out of him who can utilize powerplay well.

So, Finally after a long time Pakistan will not open with Rizwan and Babar, England team selection is baffling
I mean three left arm trundlers should have bought in Dawson

Since Rizwan is not playing, Haider Haris/Babar should open.

Haider is an opener. By making him play in MO, we are damaging his confidence & waisting his talent. He still might not score in this innings but give him 5+ games. Who knows we might get a destructive opener out of him.

Should have gone in with 3 proper fast bowlers plus Jamal, but can understand Babar's concern since Rizwan is not there today and he want more batting opportunities.

Haider has batted like a number 10 batsmen in the reasonable number of games he has played so far. He is a walking wicket. Try to slog to square leg or over midon or long on and gets out caught. His typical way of dismissal what I have seen so far. Better to drop him from the squad.

Finally better sense prevail to Pakistan management. Much needed rest to two of ur key performers Haris Rauf and Rizwan. I heard this new lad Haris is also a wicket keeper and opener batter let's see what he got . They should have also debut one more youngster Spinner in place of Nawaz to see his potential. I feel Shan is not fit for T20. Saw his inning where he scored a 50 in a loosing cause when there was no pressure and match was already lost. He did not look natural stroke maker in that inning . I feel still there are spaces open for grab. No. 3 and No. 4 are still open . Haider Ali looked to ne really under pressure when he comes to bat . Fear of loosing his place reflects his shot making. Iftikhar may not be a world beater but still decent consider his bowling potential and a decent fielder. In this team only Rizwan, Babar, Shadab, Shaheen and Rauf are the guys who r consistent and are match winners.

Aaj ka din meri Eid ka din hai

Aaj ka din umeed ka din hai

This is the difference between teams who look after their bowlers and teams who just want to win and risk players getting injured.

England could easily have said to Wood that we want to win this series and you have to play.

Really feeling sad for Afridi. Pakistan have played him in some meaningless matches.

Iftikhar’s spin success in last couple of games has opened up options elsewhere in the team.

Team management realized it late even though he has been doing the business in his domestic team for a while.

I do not understand why 6th and 7th match was even scheduled. Pak should have won the series that night 3-2 and that was it.

These two 6th & 7th matches might bring the best out of English team.

No Rizwan today so Topley being respected like he's the 2nd coming of McGrath

Back