Pakistan v England | First Test | Day 3: Session 1 | Trent Bridge | 30/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atif

ODI Debutant
Runs
So Pakistan require 7 runs to aviod the follow on, will they avoid it ?

Lets see what happens, Plays starts in 2hr n 30 mins

hope they do ... but its pakistan we are talking about ... but one feels for their fast bowlers ... with so much load ... strike bowlers will be reduced to work horses

I also hope Pakistan avoid the follow on because otherwise they might set England a target of 100 and somehow manage to win.

Lets hope its an overcast morning with plenty of movement. Hopefully the tail can get the extra 8 runs they require and then bowl England out for a cheap total just in time for the sun to come beaming out :)

I really don't know what I want Pakistan to do anymore.

But considering everyone's saying it's going to be overcast, I'd like us to avoid this follow on, possibly add on 20-30 golden runs, and then try and bowl out England for 150. It'll give us a slight shot at winning the game.

Looking at the weather, it's going to be cloudy.

Time for Asif/Aamer to work some magic.

If its overcast and Gul & Asif can Add another 20 to 30 runs. It means Eng will lead by around 175- 180. Then if our bowlers bend their backs and restrict Eng to around 150-170 it means Pak will have to chase around 310-320. Very slim chance but not Impossible. If our crappy batsmen apply themselves they can still win it.

I would prefer PAkistan batting 3rd on this pitch rather than batting 4th so i think it should be good if we fail to avoid follow on and England enforce the follow onso if we can get a lead of 150 match can be intresting because of variable bounce in the pitch but i dont see Strauss enforcing the follow on .........

I would prefer PAkistan batting 3rd on this pitch rather than batting 4th so i think it should be good if we fail to avoid follow on and England enforce the follow onso if we can get a lead of 150 match can be intresting because of variable bounce in the pitch but i dont see Strauss enforcing the follow on .........

If it remains cloudy, we will lose by an innings, we will not get a lead..

If it remains cloudy, we will lose by an innings, we will not get a lead..

Doesnt matter .......

We only have a slim chance whether we bat 3rd or 4th

and i dont see strauss enforcing follow on he is not brave enough to bat fourth ..........

Aamer Sohail on Geo Super reckons that Taufiq Umer should be brought in at number 3. He reckons that he has the technique and the temperament for these conditions.

He also says that during the '06 tour. even though the openers didn't get the runs, they survived the overs and took the shine of the ball to provide a platform for the 2 Y's due to which they scored centuries and double centuries.

Back on topic, if it's overcast conditions, I pray we somehow avoid the follow on and get England to bat and try to skittle them out cheaply and then give it our all in the last innings.

We're going down, but atleast put up a fight while doing so!

After watching yesterday, I wont predict anything, anything can happen if conditions are like yesterday

Pak really needs to go for the follow on. Hope to set a target of around 150+, and go for the kill.

If eng bats again, they'll comfortable get a lead of around 400, and then we are out of the game.

Also the bowlers need a rest...

Pak really needs to go for the follow on. Hope to set a target of around 150+, and go for the kill.

If eng bats again, they'll comfortable get a lead of around 400, and then we are out of the game.

Also the bowlers need a rest...

so ur saying we can make 350 but all of a sudden with 400, we're 'out of the game'? LOL

no just that chasing is not the best option for pak. Sri lanka , aus, and other games we seem to have a prob chasing even modest totals.

And yes batting on a third, pak would have a certain control over the game.

P.S the only way we have a chance in this game is by bowling eng out cheaply,and we need fresh bowlers for that.

Rather trust my bowlers in the fourth innings getting eng our for around 150 ish, rather our batsmen getting 350.

Anything that doesn't tire our bowlers is fine with me, even at the expense of this match's loss (which seems most probable anyway). We all seem to have a very short-sighted goal, that of winning this match. But I'm thinking of this whole series and I feel that our bowlers shouldn't be made to grind themselves fighting this losing cause of winnin this match, and instead try to win the future three.

This match is almost gone. I want :gul to hit a Fifty. That will be so good for his confidence

ok from that last ball, we really need to avoid the FO :42:

Single taken, 3 more to avoid follow on, Asif to face Anderson

:four more, bonus runs for Pakistan, Ramiz "my advice for Pakistan is to promote Umar Gul, open with Umar Gul" haha

Taking a look at Gul's highscores, all have come in 09-10. Shabash Gul, taking responsibility when the batsmen don't.

Trail by 194

Making that 150 would be the most amazing thing ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back