Pakistan V India | 2nd Test Faisalabad | Official Day 3 Thread [23/1/06]

Somali Pirate

First Class Captain
Runs
alright ppl,

its about time these bowlers delievered allready.i don't care if they aren't economical.Just bring me some god damn wickets.C'mon shoaib,asif,razzak,afridi and danny.

If we can get just 2 wickets we are into the soft indian belly.

c'mon pakistan.

If Shoaib and Asif even pick a wic in first spell then india will be in danger

Thread title sorted and the thread has been pinned. Good luck to Pakistan for the days play.

Experienced lot

Dravid
Laxman
Sachin

2 wickets and the inexperienced indian batting line-up will be exposed ...

Yuvi
Dhoni
Pathan

The first session with a bit of dew in the air should be dealt carefully ... i would want dravid to bat out the first 2 sessions if india were to stay in the match ...

Asif still hasnt taken a wicket yet and this is his 2nd test. I am seriously doubting his selection in the sqad and Gul was let go who has 25 Wickets in 5 tests, including a 5-25 against India. :O

Last edited:
a very gud morning to all the peeps where ever u maybe!!

bob woolmer reckons its still a batting pitch but the ball will stay low which might make something happen for the bowlers this was missing from lahore!

i hope kaneria isnt over-bowled...i think with malik missing afridi will automaticlly ball more and that for me is a good thing.

if the ball is keeping low then asif and razzak become dangerous with their line and length bowling.

and then theres akhtar...

Without Malik, the bowling load needs to be shared among four bowlers. I hope our attack doesn't wear out in all day long spells.

weather seems spot on ..pleasent weather ..so u can expect another day close to 90 overs.....hows the weather forcast for day 4 n 5 ?anyone know

pitch report...cracks are opening up peeps n if the ball hits the cracks makes soemthing happen like the inzi n sehwag wickets holding says ball did something unusual coz the ball hit the cracks....for spinners bit better but still conditions very much in favour of the batters

both ramiz n sanjay taking the micky out of geoffery boycott (talking about all the fancy trucks in pakistan n comaring em with all the dull red busses in london :))):)))

Younis Khan has now aggregated 633 runs in his last four innings against India -- 267 and 84 not out at Bangalore, 199 in the first innings of the first Test at Lahore and 83 in the first innings here. This is now the most runs scored by any batsman against India in four consecutive innings. Sanath Jayasuriya held the previous record. He had made 624 runs in four consecutive innings in 1997 -- his scores being 340, 32 and 199 and 53. Graham Gooch is the only other player to have aggregated 600-plus runs (612) against India. His sequence being -- 40 (in 1986), 333 and 123, and 116 (in 1990).

4444444444 what a shot by the gr8 dravid with that brings his 50 up straight back past the bowler gud start by india n dravid

Pitch continues to keep low ...

dravid - 50 from 102 balls

another ball defended quite well from dravid

laxman - 28 from 83 balls

The longest innings in Test history. Hanif Mohammad batted for 970 minutes (that's over 16 hours, or nearly 11 football matches, or almost 39 episodes of Neighbours) to save Pakistan's first Test against West Indies in Barbados. His 337 was at the time the second-highest score in Test history; it's now the seventh. It was also the longest innings in first-class history, until Rajeev Nayyar went 45 minutes better for Himachal Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy in 1999-2000. In Hanif's match, Pakistan had followed on the small matter of 473 runs behind - they made 657 for 8 from a mere 319 overs.

:))):))):)))) 11 football matches :))))

end of First over , 4 runs scored.Asif good line and length except for the first delivery.

cavin420 said:
The longest innings in Test history. Hanif Mohammad batted for 970 minutes (that's over 16 hours, or nearly 11 football matches, or almost 39 episodes of Neighbours) to save Pakistan's first Test against West Indies in Barbados. His 337 was at the time the second-highest score in Test history; it's now the seventh. It was also the longest innings in first-class history, until Rajeev Nayyar went 45 minutes better for Himachal Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy in 1999-2000. In Hanif's match, Pakistan had followed on the small matter of 473 runs behind - they made 657 for 8 from a mere 319 overs.

:))):))):)))) 11 football matches :))))

i used to have a vid of that innings lol man was it boring :D oh well i had a highlights version as well was superb that way :))) neways shoaib akhtar into bowl now cmon shobby

so far right on the money pindi ...all balls defended by laxman so far.......i get a feeling if both dravid n laxman stay not out they can give hanif mohd a tuff time :D

Damn'a I'a wish'a I'a had'a some'a device'a to'a attach'a to'a my'a tv'a so'a I could'a mute'a out'a Waqar'a Younis'a commenray'a. Butt'ah unfortuneatly'a no'a such'a AXCALLANT invention'a exsists'a.

114 india in 38 overs..........if both laxman n dravid stay on the wicket for the whole day india would be struggling to reach 300:D maiden bowled by pindi!

Pace said:
Damn'a I'a wish'a I'a had'a some'a device'a to'a attach'a to'a my'a tv'a so'a I could'a mute'a out'a Waqar'a Younis'a commenray'a. Butt'ah unfortuneatly'a no'a such'a AXCALLANT invention'a exsists'a.
i luv it when he mixes english , american, austrailian, southafrican,srilankan, indian n caribean accents together :D

soonaay per shuaga .. Waqar bahi ka GALA kaharab upar se commentary ....

not much variation from asif ... balls in and around the off stump with the ball keeping low ... dravid solid as ever

another maiden i dont need to update the score again n again u know what i mean peeps!! ;-)

The_Cricket_Devil said:
moh'd asif bowling a good line and dravid can do naught but defend
no variation in pace ... no variation in line and length ... 1 ball way down the leg side ... :D true ... good line

kashyapdkuri said:
no variation in pace ... no variation in line and length ... 1 ball way down the leg side ... :D true ... good line

ICF troll is here again. I shall see about that soon.

Salam guys, how is everyone today?

91.6mph bouncer from Shoaib, forces Laxman to take cover!

the_game said:

:)) :)) What is it with some of these "snakes" as you like to call them!

ws raz...........fine n u?

slower ball by pindi now on the money ..played with ease by laxman

the_game said:

Didnt he say yesterday that he would be leaving soon :))

Anyways, Indian RR is abysmal - seems that they havent learnt lessons from the last day at Bangalore.... I can see the pressure mounting now...

afridi into laxmans ears again laxman ducks under the bouncer n afirdi says (shabash boys issey khud nai pata kya honey wala hai idher hee shoobyyy

i got it wat afridi is say ..
is ko kuch nahi pata kaay kia hoonaay wala ..

MenInGreen said:

Anyways, Indian RR is abysmal - seems that they havent learnt lessons from the last day at Bangalore.... I can see the pressure mounting now...
Answer just one question --- is sledging other users allowed in PP ??? and if yes --- i will go away from here ...

U guyz are sick

MenInGreen said:

MIG, he posts to agitate people here. Do something about it.

cavin420 said:
afridi into laxmans ears again laxman ducks under the bouncer n afirdi says (shabash boys issey khud nai pata kya honey wala hai idher hee shoobyyy

hehehehehhe .. :19: good job i cant help it if dishnetwork is quickers tthan atn..

its after u watch ppl like dravid n laxman that u can imagine how test cricket was played in the late 1800,s n early 1900,s;-)

cavin420 said:
ws raz...........fine n u?

slower ball by pindi now on the money ..played with ease by laxman

WS Im ok thankx.

Asif keeping it tight to the offstump.

cavin420 said:
i luv it when he mixes english , american, austrailian, southafrican,srilankan, indian n caribean accents together :D

i thnk we ppers migth have to take some blame for his accent. when waqar started his commentray career his accent wasn't that bad. he used to talk in one accent.

one of the posters, posted that he was Wiqi's brother-in-law. and he will convey any suggestion to waqar that PPers might have. And tragically, a lot of peopl said that he cud work on his accent

what followed is history ! :D

kashyapdkuri said:
Do u think there's ne need for what ur fellow member said ??

icf troll is not making an insult to ur country or its ppl is it? neways wats wrong with mohd asif's line or are u not seeing the obvious nip back he is getting

Waqr's commentart is like Copy paste .. wat ever he said the last test and even bef4 that he repeats on sayin that

may be he will improve wid time

octavian said:
i thnk we ppers migth have to take some blame for his accent. when waqar started his commentray career his accent wasn't that bad. he used to talk in one accent.

one of the posters, posted that he was Wiqi's brother-in-law. and he will convey any suggestion to waqar that PPers might have. And tragically, a lot of peopl said that he cud work on his accent

what followed is history ! :D
ooo i see i never knew that ...........u cant blame me...it wasnt me :p so now i know who to blame for waqar,s accent :D

1st run for laxman after ages...116 now end of the over

Back