Pakistan V India | 2nd Test Faisalabad | Official Day 3 Thread [23/1/06]

ok time for some negative bowling let india bat for 2 days n have everyone at the boundery..............give em singles the longer they bat the better :p n have razi bowl all day with danish kaneria give pindi rest,..thats my strategy for tomorow!

cavin420 said:
ok time for some negative bowling let india bat for 2 days n have everyone at the boundery..............give em singles the longer they bat the better :p n have razi bowl all day with danish kaneria give pindi rest,..thats my strategy for tomorow!
lol

Its been that sort of day for Pak. One positive is that India's run rate (3.6) is lower than Paks

seriously i was in the same scneraio then i would have all my batters bowling n having all the feilder on the boundery.......n make india bat as for long as possible

both dhoni n pathan should have been back in the pavilion.......n asif could have had 2 more wickets to his name.........but............................reality bites :|

another 4 .. India has recovered to a strong position now. YK shud be sacked from captaincy. field placing ... bowling changes were all negative.

all indians coming out of the dressing room including chappel and are appriciating so much ...are getting so happy as if they have beaten pakistan :))):)))

Pak struggled badly in the field today. Will have to really lift for tomorrow and take these next 5 wickets ASAP.

Disapointing end to the day for us, but a good days test cricket, wickets, and runs.
Lets hope the boys can get them out early tomorrow.

We had one very good session. But unlucky with some of the chances but to be honest, the pitch has killed the contest.

Shoaib bowled beautifully and on a pitch which was even remotely sporting, he would have got a load of wickets. On this pitch, all his effort has been for nothing.

I was just looking at both score cards .. nothing to write home. Two centuries by pak .. two by India. Two 50's by pakistan (1 big one by Younis), If pathan scores a single tomorrow two 50's by India (1 big one by Laxman). Honors even ... I think India takes slight psycological edge today after losing 4 quick wickets.

Last edited:
karachiite said:
Is asif reversing it?
reverse swining, fwd swinging, right swinging, left swinging, out swininging , inswining....double ultra reverse swining u name it , hes doing all the swinging but without any help or luck from our best feilders!

Asif was very impressive today.

Lucky not to get a couple of wickets and also the only bowler who has reversed it in this game.

chuck said:
another 4 .. India has recovered to a strong position now. YK shud be sacked from captaincy. field placing ... bowling changes were all negative.

He's not the captain!

shoaib 73/1
Asif 89/1
AR 118/1
Dani 85/1
Freedi 62/0

It can't go worse than this. AR already reached century and others are approaching it.

Asif bowled well without luck .. Pindi looked good but not much penetration. These pitches are useless.

chuck said:
shoaib 73/1
Asif 89/1
AR 118/1
Dani 85/1
Freedi 62/0

It can't go worse than this. AR already reached century and others are approaching it.

On this kind of pitch, bowlers will go for runs.

Oxy™ said:
He's not the captain!
i hope pakistan are wise enuff to take note of that.......n are better of giving the captaincy if the need ever occours to yousaf or afridi.............................younis is absolutly useless i still remember the test match he officially captained.......hes all big talk n talk.....................surely after being vice -captain for so long one should learn the tricks of the trade.................

cavin420 said:
i hope pakistan are wise enuff to take note of that.......n are better of giving the captaincy if the need ever occours to yousaf or afridi.............................younis is absolutly useless i still remember the test match he officially captained.......hes all big talk n talk.....................surely after being vice -captain for so long one should learn the tricks of the trade.................
exactly what i mean

alright peeps im off now.........be gud all of u n be safe.....will see u inshAllah for day4 commentery!

why did you remove my abusing posts mods?
crap 120%. If this is what is 120% effort by the Pakistan team , I want to know what is normal effort.
dropping catches.letting ball through the legs.
come on.

A good day for India. Pathan and Dhoni got under the skin of the pakistani bowlers.

Y was shoaib not given a chance to continue bowling at Dhoni and Pathan when they were fresh on the crease? I think he was brought back too late in the day. And bowled too short spells.

Pathan was clearly smartin off to Afridi, but then went and complained to the Umpire..... :30: Looser.

Excellent Last spell by Asif. In the last 2 overs missed 2 chances to absolutely rubbish fielding and field placing.

Killer pitch by curator. Its a graveyard for bowlers, makes you wonder what PCB is getting PAID for :20: .

inzidabest said:
why did you remove my abusing posts mods?
crap 120%. If this is what is 120% effort by the Pakistan team , I want to know what is normal effort.
dropping catches.letting ball through the legs.
come on.

2 posts saying that you want to abuse Pak players-think about it. GO next door to abuse OUR players.

cavin420 said:

its not like he has the greatest inpiration of a captain in the world either.

Didn't get to see the whole match today, as soon as I left India managed to put up an enormous partnership and pp here don't seem too happy about it which is obviously understandable. Can someone tell me which catches were dropped beacause I heard Kamran Akmal dropped a few???

Muddaser said:
Asif was very impressive today.

Lucky not to get a couple of wickets and also the only bowler who has reversed it in this game.

He is a very gud prospect not disspnted in him at all in this match, he almost had Dravid too but edge didnt carry.

If the pitch was half good he wudve done even better, but we provide dead tracks this needs to be solved soon. It shudnt be a batsmens game only, need to hav a pitch which has something for bowlers too.

Oxy™ said:
2 posts saying that you want to abuse Pak players-think about it. GO next door to abuse OUR players.

You got it wrong. I just requested whether I could abuse. And I really wanted to for the poor show

Another dull draw. Now the pressure will be on Pakistan in Karachi and they may lose the match.

I am actually looking forward to the england Series in the summer 2006. This is the most Dull series I have ever seen. No wonder people dont show up for test matches these days.

Bring back Sami and Gul for Karachi.

Cricket should not be played in Punjab in Winters. Karachi and Hydrabad should be ideal for Winter series.

I hope the PCB will start to look a alternate venues.

"But the best bet is to lay the blame fully at the door of the Pakistan board for a geographically lopsided itinerary at precisely the time of year when it is least advisable to play cricket." Osman Samiuddin

I agree 200%. We need more circket venues outside of PUNJAB.

Because GUL ( 5 M, 25 Wickets) should be in the squad. Another PCB management blunder by not selecting him just like holding matches in Punjab during Winter months.

When will these IDIOTS learn.

Back