Pakistan v India | Asia Cup: Match 4 | Dambulla | 19/06/2010 | Ind Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momo

Senior T20I Player
Runs
So it's 267 all out Pakistan.

India needs 268 to win. Anybody's game!

20 runs short. The pitch isnt that hard to bat on.

If the fast men can strike early under lights, we have a chance

Pakistan could have shut India out of the match but played a strange mix of bad and strange Cricket to set a below par target.

Still, it could come Pakistan's way if Shewag goes early.

One of the commentators said the highest successful chase under the lights here in Dambulla is 221.

We will defend 267 inshaAllah

280 & it might have been a competitive score.

Oxy said:
280 & it might have been a competitive score.

It is a competitive total. I know you are not satisfied, just like rest of us, but 267 is competitve.

IAJ said:
One of the commentators said the highest successful chase under the lights here in Dambulla is 221.

InshAllah

Just 3 main bowlers.

Pakistanis should understand clearly that Razi is no longer useful. A bowler should have taken his place.

Ordinarily I would back Pakistan to defend this. But they have been stuck in this vortex of failure for so long that Im going to go with India. I think Sehwag may be the key.

IAJ said:

With like 3 matches total though? Not a huge sample

It's still competitive given Pakistan's bowling potential, but we need to field well and no extras please!

I feel Rohit Shamras gona take it away from us.

As everybody is predicting Sehwag is the key.............. he has been off colour for a bit......IMO he will go early.......

Last edited:
Razzaq at first change doesn't fill you with hope, Asif would have been great to have.

Pakistan need to attack early on, two slips and the bowlers running in hard, hitting their lengths.

waqar_ahmad said:
Just 3 main bowlers.

Pakistanis should understand clearly that Razi is no longer useful. A bowler should have taken his place.

In fact Abdul Razzaq can be our best bowler today. It is a slow pitch and a slower ball who swings it will be handy. You have just witnessed praveen kumar, he got 3 wickets.

Besides Abdul Razzaq has an excellent record at this ground with the ball.

Jeere where are you when we need you?

waqar_ahmad said:
Just 3 main bowlers.

3 main bowlers??

:afridi :aamir :akhtar :ajmal are atleast 4

:razaaq & :malik can be the 5th one...

So why only 3 main bowlers in your view :13:

KingKhanWC said:
Razzaq at first change doesn't fill you with hope, Asif would have been great to have.

Pakistan need to attack early on, two slips and the bowlers running in hard, hitting their lengths.

Does that bit apply to Akhtar too?! I doubt it! :p lol

cricwiz said:
3 main bowlers??

:afridi :aamir :akhtar :ajmal are atleast 4

:razaaq & :malik can be the 5th one...

So why only 3 main bowlers in your view :13:

he aint counting afridi, or he doesn't think akthar would last 10 overs, or he has forgotten one of the bowlers, :13:

Too many negative-minded people here. Wait till the match is over at least. Let us support our team. We are done with our batting, it is all about bowling.

Besides India have 3 main batsmen: Sehwag, gambhir and Dhoni. Can we get them early, we will win it InshaAllah.

Sehwag will go but Ghambir will be a pain.

Pretty even right now, anyone's game.

Is it enough? I hope it's enough. Doesn't look like enough, but it just might be enough..... :42:

Need to attack them. Show aggression. Target the ribcage, nose, throat, hip, whatever it takes man.

cricfan967 said:
CBN so far have done a brilliant job in broadcasting this..
Indeed they have.
What was the song they played before this? :p.

Pakiboii said:
Indeed they have.
What was the song they played before this? :p.

no clue , i'm happy they don't play commercials after like every over
they barely play any,

Momo said:
Pakistan could have shut India out of the match but played a strange mix of bad and strange Cricket to set a below par target.

Still, it could come Pakistan's way if Shewag goes early.
i think pak gonna to win this one.

not a good finish by pakistani batsman's , like started the innings 140-1 in 28 overs.

280+ would be a safe score,anyhow our bowling attack has an ability to defend such total.

just need to throw ghambir , sehwag & also Raina early. :13:

IAJ said:
It is a competitive total. I know you are not satisfied, just like rest of us, but 267 is competitve.

Asalaam alikum wr wb,

No doubt it's competitive target but like majority ppers i believe we are 20 to 30 runs short perhaps.

This a strange wicket to bat on, it's consistently 2 paced. Sometimes ball jumps up and at times it stays painfully low and the wicket has a lot of slowness in it. Underlights it will be a challenge to chase down 250 plus target.

If Pakistani bowlers get openers out early and get virat, raina and sharma out quickly then task will be too much for dhoni, ravender and harbhajan.

IAJ said:
Too many negative-minded people here. Wait till the match is over at least. Let us support our team. We are done with our batting, it is all about bowling.

Besides India have 3 main batsmen: Sehwag, gambhir and Dhoni. Can we get them early, we will win it InshaAllah.

India are one batsmen short & chasing here under lights is mighty hard ...am a little skeptic of indias chances today

IAJ said:

InshahAllah

How much did you think they were going to get when Razzaq fell?
I was thinking surely 245 - 250 all out....
thanks Nehra :p

cricinfo quote :

So a delicious chase set up here. India will need a big start, otherwise it seems Pakistan have got enough. But stranger things happen. Do join us for the chase.

:13:

It a tough call, pakistan's bowling vs india's batting. If Allah helps we ll surely win

Sehwag and Ghambir are the main 2 wickets
if neither of them make 50+ we have a great chance of winning.

Moin Khan also saying that the first 10 overs from Pak's bowlers will be the key and the indian openers and if they get the openers early on its all set for a Pak win InshahAllah.

Bilsher007 said:
Asalaam alikum wr wb,

No doubt it's competitive target but like majority ppers i believe we are 20 to 30 runs short perhaps.

This a strange wicket to bat on, it's consistently 2 paced. Sometimes ball jumps up and at times it stays painfully low and the wicket has a lot of slowness in it. Underlights it will be a challenge to chase down 250 plus target.

If Pakistani bowlers get openers out early and get virat, raina and sharma out quickly then task will be too much for dhoni, ravender and harbhajan.

So, pretty much ALL their batsmen? Got it :akhtar

The match is 50/50. Both teams have exactly an equal chance of winning. Simple for Pakistan, get the openers early.

Pakistan has a good bowling line up, that's one thing Pakistan has had, one or two good bowlers, Ajmal in this match should be the key bowler for them.

IAJ said:

Thats the spirit..:14:

early wickets are the key..if we get sehwag we have a chance..if not we wont..its that simple..he is the lynchpin..after being 144-1 we whould have got 280 minimum..but good batting from kami begum..feel sorry for amin, he looked good but got out to a blinder...umar akmal is begining to worry me a bit but still early days...butt and farhat has to be our main opening partnership now...on flat tracks malik at one down is a must...would have been ideal if moyo was around at 144-2 today!!

I believe management has committed blunder by leaving out Asif. Razzak and malik are our weak links while Akhter, Aamer, Afridi and Ajmal are our trump cards. Need to field tightly and plan intelligently. If Pakistan pick up quick 2 or 3 wickets then india will fall under serious pressure. Ideally getting sehwag, gambhir, virat and raina and sharma out quickly will be great !

the Great Khan said:
early wickets are the key..if we get sehwag we have a chance..if not we wont..its that simple..he is the lynchpin..after being 144-1 we whould have got 280 minimum..but good batting from kami begum..feel sorry for amin, he looked good but got out to a blinder...umar akmal is begining to worry me a bit but still early days...butt and farhat has to be our main opening partnership now...on flat tracks malik at one down is a must...would have been ideal if moyo was around at 144-2 today!!
:moyo,:yk.....:(

The PP shud have been taken earlier....but in Moin Khans opinion it shud have been when Razzaq and Afridi were batting together....................................when was that anybody?

TalhaSyed said:
The PP shud have been taken earlier....but in Moin Khans opinion it shud have been when Razzaq and Afridi were batting together....................................when was that anybody?

Never. :)))

Omar Malik said:
Its taking longer than expected here

Wasn't it supposed to be a 45 min break?!
You don't want Akhtar, to use the washroom after eating, :p

Its going to be a tough opening spell for Akhtar,he'll bowl atleast 5 overs in his first spell since we are playing with only two pacers today..:akhtar

bantu said:
Arey Bantu Bhaiya, Arey Bhantu Bhayiya Kisee Sey Na Daray.
Bantuu Bhaiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

You seen that Indian commercial? :p

More than competitive total under lights. Will be fun to watch this :akhtar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back