Pakistan U-19 (201-5) defeat Nepal U-19 (197) by 5 wickets in their second encounter of the ICC U-19 World Cup 2024

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1706057843664.png

We are at match number 14 of the ICC U-19 World Cup and are awaiting an exciting clash between Pakistan Under-19 and Nepal Under-19. The venue for this clash is Buffalo Park in East London.

Both these teams have played one match each. Pakistan Under-19 is off to winning ways by clinching a very comfortable victory over Afghanistan Under-19. Shahzaib Khan announced himself on this stage with a brilliant century, providing a strong foundation for their batting innings. Shamyl Hussain and Azan Awais looked a bit out of touch, and they will hope to find their form soon. Their skipper, Saad Baig, also proved his worth with a strong half-century, along with some fine knocks by Riaz Ullah and Ubaid Shah towards the end of the innings. Their bowlers were also on point, with Ubaid Shah getting 4 wickets and Mohammad Zeeshan taking 3.

There was a lot of talk around this young team before this World Cup, and they have started off well and have shown good intent out on the ground.

Nepal Under-19, on the other hand, had to face defeat against their counterparts from New Zealand; however, they gave some strong performances and warned every team not to underestimate them. Their bowlers managed to take wickets but could not build the pressure on their opponents. Subash Bhandari was the pick of the bowlers for his 3 wickets, followed by a couple from Gulshan Jha. In their batting unit, Arjun Kumal stood out quite clearly for his 90-run knock. He was the top scorer on this side but unfortunately couldn't receive any support from the other batters. Dev Khanal, their skipper, tried to take his innings deep, but he was dismissed after a brief cameo.

Both teams will fight hard for the win as the stakes in this tournament are very high. Pakistan Under-19 would want to keep their winning streak going while Nepal Under-19 will want to get a win under their belt and tick one box in their campaign.

When: January 24, 1:00 PM PST

Where: Buffalo Park, East London

Squads:

Pakistan U19 Squad: Shahzaib Khan, Shamyl Hussain, Azan Awais, Saad Baig(w/c), Ahmed Hussain, Mohammad Riazullah, Arafat Minhas, Ubaid Shah, Mohammad Zeeshan, Amir Hassan, Ali Asfand, Khubaib Khalil, Naveed Ahmed Khan, Haroon Arshad, Ali Raza

Nepal U19 Squad: Deepak Bohara, Arjun Kumal, Aakash Tripathi, Dev Khanal(c), Uttam Thapa Magar(w), Gulsan Jha, Dipak Bohara, Dipesh Kandel, Subash Bhandari, Aakash Chand, Tilak Bhandari, Hemant Dhami, Bishal Bikram KC, Bipin Rawal, Deepak Dumre

======================

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cake walk for Pakistan?
I Should not be thinking like that if I were on that team. Remember the defeat against UAE in the U19 Asia Cup. Should play to their full potential, you never know.

Pakistan should be winning this one in the end. Still easy to fight against nepal rather than New Zealand of India ETC.

Toss Update:

Nepal U19 won the toss and chose to bat first against Pakistan U19.

TEAMS:

Pakistan Under-19 (Playing XI)
- Shahzaib Khan, Shamyl Hussain, Azan Awais, Saad Baig (C)(WK), Haroon Arshad, Ahmad Hassan, Arafat Minhas, Khubaib Khalil, Ubaid Shah, Ali Asfand, Mohammad Zeeshan

Nepal Under-19 (Playing XI)
- Arjun Kumal, Bipin Rawal, Aakash Tripathi, Dev Khanal, Uttam Magar (WK), Gulshan Jha, Deepak Dumre, Dipesh Kandel, Subash Bhandari, Aakash Chand, Durgesh Gupta.

2 changes in the side as Haroon Arshad and Khubaib Khalil came into the side for Mohammad Riazullah and Amir Hassan.

Ahmed Hussain is a deceptive bowler , seems like he mostly bowls around early 120ks but his effort delivery reach up to 130k an mix it up wisely.

Good captaincy by Saad Baig , he switch ends with Khalil and now Ubaid swinging the ball too from this end.

I know sky sports are showing the World Cup but is an actual channel showing the match or have they prioritised other on going matches?

Nepal started well but those 2 wickets have put them on the back foot a bit. Good bowling now by Pakistan Bowlers.

What does this Ali asfand guy brings to the table. Very ordinary stats and looks bang average to me

To be honest Pak bowlers looks to be the slowest then most other pacers playing in the World Cup even Nepali batters have too much time to play them.

He's been playing pretty much every single match in the last yer or so. What has he done to deserve such a long run in the team??
Yes. I guess there is no other quality spinner as well in the team maybe?

This guy Khanal is so pleasing to the eye. 2 glorious on-drives till now. Nepal is 72/2 after 15.

Good catch by Obaid shah and Ali asfand has got his 1st wicket. Danger man Khanal is gone.

At the halfway stage, Nepal is 95/4. Good pressure is building on the batting line by the bowlers. Nepalese batters are stuck on the crease atm.

Really liked Haroon Arshad bowling , very accurate and drift like Imad Wasim , if he only can turn the ball he can become very handful bowler.

124/5 in 14 overs to go - no decent pacers who can unsettle a number 7 Nepali balla ?

Nepal is really stepping up in cricket...They're about to hit 150, which is huge. Honestly, I thought they might collapse and end up below 100.

Nepal is really stepping up in cricket...They're about to hit 150, which is huge. Honestly, I thought they might collapse and end up below 100.
144/6 & 8 overs to go so 180 still on . The Bhandari guy at 9 is a good hitter btw .

Disappointing stuff from Pak bowlers if they reach anything above 170.
I agree the USA bowlers bowl quicker than us. Japan bowlers last time we're better than our current one alone with the PNG bowlers. Only zeeshan is ok but the USA fast bowlers have more potential.

200 plus it is game on...they have plenty of spinners i am sure. This will be a test

Well played Nepal. If India's resources are given to them, they will win an ICC trophy in 10 years.

Should unleash Ali Raza against NZ as he is as quick as Maphaka (even though less skillful) but will be great to see him hitting 140k and make the batsmen hope around

Proper test match going on ..spinners not even on yet but to be fair nepali pacers havent done one bad ball unlike our seamers who were very average

Shahzaib and Shamyl are showing a sensible batting display for Pakistan U19s and building decent partnership. Their tough mindset and patience have impressed me.

Shahzaib and Shamyl are showing a sensible batting display for Pakistan U19s and building decent partnership. Their tough mindset and patience have impressed me.
While Shamyl has more of a flamboyant batting style. I have seen Shahzaib bat responsibly time and time again where it matters most. He values his wicket

Typical pak collapse against minnows..not sure what they are doing..points are carried forward into next stage

Sad to see Nepal exploiting Pak batters age-old weaknesses against short balls

Really sad state of affairs. These youngsters are supposed to play with flair and freedom instead they are a bundle of nerves

i am pretty sure the run rate will keep increasing now which is not a good thing

Azan Awais has that Haris Sohail batting resemblance but without any power.

Haven't seen the bowlers so no comment on them but batting is woeful. These guys may become consistent domestic players but can't see any becoming an international superstar.

Hmm is this Ahmed Hassan an allrounder than...not sure how many overs he bowled if so we have some potential

Back