Pakistan vs India | Asia Cup, 5th Match | Dhaka | 18/3/12 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

violet_may

ODI Debutant
Runs
30 more minutes...tick tock, tick tock :misbah

Here's hoping that Pakistan wins the toss!

I am expecting the same playing XI that we had against Sri Lanka to be honest, would be surprised if that Umar Akmal wicket-keeping news turns out to be true.

As per Cricinfo,

The pitch for today's game is the same one used for the first match. The toss is on very soon.

Holy crap I am going to fail university because of Misbah

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHASING IS MUCH EASIER :misbah

But we can't bat :ibutt

Expecting an exciting game. Any news of weather apart from blue storm and green thunder claims?

whatmore most likely doesn't rate sarfraz :))

and probably wants wahab as a proper third seamer and pinch hitting ability.

Dhoni says he wanted to bowl first, has no confidence in his medium pace spinners.

Umar Akmal with the gloves and Wahab in. Hmmm..

Aim should be for 300 with an extra batter in the team.

from cricbuzz

Pitch Report: The rest day has allowed the curator to water the pitch. Sunil Gavaskar reckons that there will be a lot of runs on this pitch. If the batsmen are not nervous, then they can score runs freely. It is a contest between Pakistan's bowlers and India's batsmen.

Cricinfo : Toss: Pakistan have win the toss and they will bat first -- facepalm:

UA can bat first and keeping wont come into play because he will keep in the second innings

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Pak is batting,,, Phew thought we mightve had to defend with our bowlers lol.......

ok we have 7 bowling option then

Gully
Cheema
Ajmal
Riaz
Hammad
Afridi
M Hafeez

Gavaskar has literally said the same thing in every pitch report.

cricinfo : MS Dhoni looked clueless when he came over to speak: "Not sure what we're doing. Bowling, right?" One change for India. Ravindra Jadeja makes way for Yusuf Pathan.

this is messed up.. umer akmal saved a number of runs last time at point and lifted the whole moral of the team by putting pressure by saving those singles .. and now they put him behind the wickets? whts the logic.. he struggles there...

Pakistan won the toss & batting first.

Sarfaraz OUT Wahab IN

Jadeja OUT Yousaf Pathan IN

OMFG, Mishbab you IDIOT, why batting first!!!!! Did he miss the bangladesh vs india match? And was he asleep during bangladesh vs pakistan match where they almost chased it down aswell ...

:/

Dhoni says he wanted to bowl first, has no confidence in his medium pace spinners.

Umar Akmal with the gloves and Wahab in. Hmmm..

Aim should be for 300 with an extra batter in the team.

How is there an extra batsmen?

Pakistan Have to score in excess of 320, indian batting is capabale of chasing big totals.

India (Playing XI): Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, MS Dhoni(w/c), Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Praveen Kumar, Ashok Dinda

Pakistan (Playing XI): Mohammad Hafeez, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq(c), Umar Akmal(w), Shahid Afridi, Hammad Azam, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Wahab Riaz, Aizaz Cheema

playing wahab is a gamble which will either backfires or pay off.

Lol Yusuf Pathan, should be lolarious to see him contend with Ajmal :ajmal

Whatever , I am excited to see 3 quicks in the team after a long time. Anyone excited about it?

I guess the management want extra backup this time in case 1 bowler starts to get hammered. I don't think they have much confidence in Hammad bowling against the mighty India lineup.

Good toss to lose. Hope we get some early movement due to yesterday's rain and the dew helps us in the evening. Make no mistake - we will have to bat extremely well to counter this superb Pakistani attack

this is messed up.. umer akmal saved a number of runs last time at point and lifted the whole moral of the team by putting pressure by saving those singles .. and now they put him behind the wickets? whts the logic.. he struggles there...

My sentiments exactly!!!

Ok ppers calm down. Wahab in umer akmal keeping is aggresive move.

People wanted tgree seamers we got them.

Mwuhahahaha pace pe pace :gul :cheema :wahab

Getting Junior to keep is horrible but at least they've done the sane thing and replaced Sarfaraz with a bowler rather than a batsman.

Hopefully Pakistan won't rue the decision to have an Akmal keeping.

Thank you Misbah :) You have done the same thing the Saffers do a lot - Make ABD keep wickets when he can easily save 20 runs on the field.

pakistan chooses to play with their strength which is sign of a confident captain. bowling is our strength and we should be defending. lets play!

Honestly don't know whether we mipade the right decision or not, Lol.

Sarfarz shouldn't have been dropped but hopefully it works out well.

Come on Boys! Watching this one online :(

Good to to see pakistan go in with three seamers. And if you can put 300 on the board it will not be easy to chase. Good decision by misbah as pakistan cant chase any score over 250, no matter conditions or oppositions bowlers.

Intna drama yaaar.

Fergot it if the decision was wrong. No time ro play game.

Sit back get a cha n biskaat n enjoy the game. Depending where live of course :misbah.

tooo many bolwers...shouldve gone with Asad Shafiq since Yunis is in the worst form of his life.

Good decision to bat first imo! We may have ruined the chase by habit esp in such rainy conditions! And we do possess the bowling strength to defend!
Playing wahab I think is just to put more of a psychological impact after his last performance against them!

im getting sooo excited
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJwoyKcKk28?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJwoyKcKk28?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited:
doubt misbah will use hammad today unless hafeez and afridi are offcolour

Lol so dhoni drops his boyfriend finaly by saying "HE IS UNFIT" lmao

Gul
Cheema
Riaz
Hammad

Ajmal
Afridi
M Hafeez

if only this was a bowling friendly pitch....

If Pakistan bowl slow today, there might be a new captain for the final. :misbah

Their will be a wicket on the first ball of Indias innings.

So batting first, good or bad idea? I thought the ball starts to come to the bat under light

no playing sarfraz is a mistake for me ... one chance to indian batsmen will be enough :mad:

Love the bowling combo for pakistan.

Dont like the fact that we are not playing a regular keeper

Hope PP doesnt crash today as it has done some times in the past.

Ramiz: Misbah, its a good decent pitch..
Misbah: Yea ofcourse..

:)))

it will be cautious start for pakistan for sure ... but one of the opener needs to take attack to indian bowlers

I like the idea of playing three seamers but not at the expense of a regular wicket keeper.

Should have given sarfraz a chance here how will he learn wen u keep him out in big matches

why is waqar cheesed off about adding a bowler? .. we have sufficient batters .. if 6 batters can't score .. very little chance that the 7th one can ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iiRF26bOysc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back