Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka | Jaipur|match 1 !

samisback

ODI Debutant
Runs
only a small matter of 3 hours remain, when we go on air , and 3.30 hrs till kick- off.

Post All updates , team news , interviews before the start of the game here .

According to the team sources, Afridi will be batting at Inzamam's position, while shoaib malik will bat at no.6 .

Finally some cricket on the field. Can't wait.

Come on Pakistan!!!

YK should have to wear a T-Shirt with a Tiger's logo on it just like Imran Khan.It may help to change the mind setup of the players.

yes, Finally something to look forward to :D

come on peeps, lets get behind Pakistan, lets annihilate Sri lanka, like no other team has ever :16:

qasim722 said:
YK should have to wear a T-Shirt with a Tiger's logo on it just like Imran Khan.It may help to change the mind setup of the players.
Not sure about that, think all the events leading up to this game, should be motivation enough.

Afridi, Malik, RazzaQ are the key players for me , in this game with younis & yousaf being the back-bone .

i wonder what would have been Noddy's input about all this saga???

oh yeah, noddy bhai has been forgotten, wonder where he is, perhaps the Mods would know.

been a while since he last posted, hope everything is fine at his end.

Should be a good game, time for pakistan to forget tgeir problems and get back to playing cricket at best of their ability!

Any ideas on the pitch, toss advantage etc ?

MIG said:
Any ideas on the pitch, toss advantage etc ?

Well I guess it will be the same again win the toss and field 1st coz both the teams have spinners in theeir ranks and no one will be willing to bowl in the expected dew here

Win the toss and chase, conditions will be difficult early on and more difficult for bowlers under lights.

But are the low scores in 1st innings due to simply good bowlers or are the pitches really helpful ? I am looking at our weakend bowling attack with Rana as spearhead (??) and wondering if YK will be tempted to set a high target ?

I guess Pak will want to chase rather than set a target but you dont know

cavin420 said:
only a small matter of 3 hours remain, when we go on air , and 3.30 hrs till kick- off.

Post All updates , team news , interviews before the start of the game here .

According to the team sources, Afridi will be batting at Inzamam's position, while shoaib malik will bat at no.6 .

kick-off, I thought that was a term for football. Should this be a bat-off or bowl-off??? :D

Anyway come on boyz, prove to us why we always support you!!!

genghis81 said:
kick-off, I thought that was a term for football. Should this be a bat-off or bowl-off??? :D

Anyway come on boyz, prove to us why we always support you!!!
let's call it a bat ball-off :p

We will win InshAllah....all we have to do is just bowl bat n field better than Srilanka...its as simple as that! :D

A win would be great. Atleast it would be some sort of celebration for us Pak fans considering what has transpired over the recent months.

MIG said:
But are the low scores in 1st innings due to simply good bowlers or are the pitches really helpful ? I am looking at our weakend bowling attack with Rana as spearhead (??) and wondering if YK will be tempted to set a high target ?

if pak bat first ,they need to get close to 250...am still not convinced these are sub-200 pitches....teams have looked little rusty as most of them are comming from a long break....The hardest thing for YK wud be if he wins toss ,weather to bat first or bowls !

We need to win to get out of this negative state, one thing for sure,

Malinga will have a blast today.. so much fun to watch, even against our very own.

Alright, wheres cav

I'm gonna test my "technology" for 1 hour and 30 mins during the match before I go to skool, and email u what ive found out, etc.

:))) :)))

Sri Lanka have fielded an unchanges side from the won that beat Sri Lanka by nine wickets in the tournament opener in Mumbai. - Cricinfo

I didn't know Sri Lanka could beat Sri Lanka... has that ever happened before?

Pitch report Courtesy Cricbuzz:

Pitch Report: The pitch has some areas which seem to be repaired thereby producing some unevenness in the pitch. So Arun Lal feels that even a score of 250 will be difficult to chase despite the dew factor.

so wat do u guyz think..if v get thranga and sanga out early v can restrict SL to under 150

Sri Lanka won the Toss and Elected to bowl first.
Afridi and Farhat to open for Pak

I would like to see that :p

What the heck is going on? Cricinfo says SL are batting 1st, hes saying theyre bowling first, and farhat and afridi are opening?

I think Bob and Younis are on drugs..

Iftikhar Anjum, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Yousuf, Imran Farhat, Umar Gul, +Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, *Younis Khan, Rana Naveed - Pakistan team

Mohammad Hafeez
Imran Farhat
Shahid Afridi
Younis Khan (c)
Mohammad Yousuf
Shoaib Malik
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal (w)
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Rao Iftikhar
Umar Gul

inzidabest said:
Mohammad Hafeez
Imran Farhat
Shahid Afridi
Younis Khan (c)
Mohammad Yousuf
Shoaib Malik
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal (w)
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Rao Iftikhar
Umar Gul
Oh dear, Younis needs to be tested for drugs too. Afridi at 3?

Hum Margya

zMario said:
What the heck is going on? Cricinfo says SL are batting 1st, hes saying theyre bowling first, and farhat and afridi are opening?

I think Bob and Younis are on drugs..
SL are batting first.... show stopper was being innovative to a previous comment

Ramiz : PCB did the right thing, tested before ICC Trophy. Was embarassing, but they gotta focus on game, and theyre lucky the game is starting now

why isnt Malik batting at no 3..he scored 8 half centuries batting at that position..wat wrong with Bobbo

3 of our preferred 11 are not playing... and Afridi at #3, so hes gonna be out for 2, so 4 of 11 are out..

b0wld said:
why isnt Malik batting at no 3..he scored 8 half centuries batting at that position..wat wrong with Bobbo
Well, by the 2nd innings, Younis might come his senses... and change the lineup

dont worry abou the batting order.. it will adjust as soon as first innings fniishes according to situation

darkmoon459 said:
15 minutes to start the match .what is our bowling attack looks like ??????? ayone.
We have :

Rana Naveed
Rao Iftikhar
Umar Gul
Abdul Razzaq
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Malik
and Mohammad Hafeez

I would like Afridi to open with Malik. But Dam I am sure Bod will send him on No. 8.

Damn the pitch looks like my front yard ,all cracked and a bit of grass.It should help rana and gul..............Inshallah .

Bob: Hes coping well, team is being supportive, whats happened theyre putting to 1 side, and its been a while for them to get a game, and once u get playing its fine. Anything thats happened, we've gotta put to one side, and play the cricket.

darkmoon459 said:
Damn the pitch looks like my front yard ,all cracked and a bit of grass.It should help rana and gul..............Inshallah .
Haha, it looks like the pitch I play on every day :p

Back