Panthers (143/3) defeat Markhors (137) comprehensively by 7 wickets to book their spot in the final of Champions One-Day Cup 2024

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
CEkHMBm.png

The highly anticipated playoff stage of the Champions One-Day Cup is set to begin today on September 24th, with a thrilling Qualifier match between the Markhors and the Panthers.

The Markhors secured a dominant victory in their previous meeting during the league round, winning by a significant margin of 160 runs.

The Qualifier match will determine the team that advances to the final. The losing team, however, will face the winner of Wednesday's Eliminator 1, which pits the Allied Bank Stallions against the Lions.

Squads:

MARKHORS:
Mohammad Rizwan (captain), Abdul Samad, Akif Javed, Ali Usman, Bismillah Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Haseebullah, Iftikhar Ahmed, Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Faizan, Mohammad Imran Jnr, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Sarwar Afridi, Muhammad Imran, Naseem Shah, Salman Ali Agha, Shahnawaz Dahani and Zahid Mehmood

PANTHERS: Shadab Khan (captain), Abdul Wahid Bangalzai, Ahmed Bashir, Amad Butt, Arafat Minhas, Azan Awais, Haider Ali, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Umar, Mohammad Zeeshan, Mubasir Khan, Rizwan Mehmood, Saim Ayub, Umar Siddiq, Usama Mir and Usman Khan

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Last edited:
Cant understand the logic of one extra match as eliminator. It is understandable in T20s but in One day format it is quite absurd and more importantly when you have total of 5 teams.
2 semifinals leading to finals will be more practical and logical

TOSS UPDATE:

UMT Markhors have won the toss and are batting first.

uZA1V20.png

NC9AVLV.png

Finally Haseebullah gets a chance who failed in the whole Darwin tour with Shaheens. Let's see what he has got.

Naseem and Dahani are also back.

Panthers much more stronger and growing in confidence since their first match drubbing

Interesting contest.

Not sure why Mubasir is not playing. He is a great utility player and one of the top 5 wicket-takers in this event. LOL SHADAB dropped him to adjust him self.

Shadab and Usama really have to step up

They can’t be going at 8s like last time

KG holds the key for Markhors

They've used coin from sholay movie for this toss to make UMT markhor win the toss

Not sure why Mubasir is not playing. He is a great utility player and one of the top 5 wicket-takers in this event. LOL SHADAB dropped him to adjust him self.
Nope. Haseebullah is still on over-rated and overhyped guy. Gone

Finally Haseebullah gets a chance who failed in the whole Darwin tour with Shaheens. Let's see what he has got.

Naseem and Dahani are also back.
Ho gi tasali ? Got to see hasebullah in all his glory?

Ali raza is the only 140+ pacer that we have. No batter can play him besides fakhar onsong lol

What is Misbah's obsession with these hasebullah's and these bismillah's?

Oh Dear Rizzy will have to be at his best today. Strange leave that by Gulam

Well, next 15-20 overs will take 3 hours to complete with Rizwan complaining about sight screens

LOL.... What type of shot was that???? Rizwan also gone
InshaAllah Panther’s win today so Rizwan plays another match, exposed himself again. And they still win that match so he plays a final

And then he exposed himself in the final again.

I have a question. Chacha keeps complaining about wanting to come out early. Here's your chance?

See he's such a hypocrite because rizwan and chacha both know full well that chacha can't read early seam.

Ultimate drama bazi

But Sindh the bottlers are already out. They couldn't qualify to the play offs of a 5 team tournament.
Sindh’s top aces have been masterfully distributed or exiled by the manipulative Misbah and Waqar

A full Sindh side will beat Pakistan’s national team 10-0 in a ten match series

Sindh’s top aces have been masterfully distributed or exiled by the manipulative Misbah and Waqar

A full Sindh side will beat Pakistan’s national team 10-0 in a ten match series
KPK dominated the Sindh top aces for years. Let them beat KPK first before dreaming of beating Pakistan national team.

Btw @khyberlion

I don’t hate KPK or love Sindh. I genuinely love Fakhar Zaman and Muhammad Harris as cricketers. Also I am originally from Lahore, so I am Punjabi

Don’t take my criticism in the wrong way. It’s genuinely out of my cricket observation of Pakistan cricket

Btw @khyberlion

I don’t hate KPK or love Sindh. I genuinely love Fakhar Zaman and Muhammad Harris as cricketers. Also I am originally from Lahore, so I am Punjabi

Don’t take my criticism in the wrong way. It’s genuinely out of my cricket observation of Pakistan cricket
No wonder. Similarly takes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well as per my latest recommendation I have Kamran at 3, King at 4 and Tayyab at 5.
Where have they dominated? Sindh did the Red Ball+T20 double over KPK this year,

Previously Sharjeel Khan blasted 4 of KPK’s 145kmh seamers all around the park to win the T20 national cup

Put respect to the nation’s best white ball factory…its Sindh!

Where have they dominated? Sindh did the Red Ball+T20 double over KPK this year,

Previously Sharjeel Khan blasted 4 of KPK’s 145kmh seamers all around the park to win the T20 national cup

@khyberlion this response is for you

My internet is a bit wonky today like Rizwan’s batting technique

In all honestly I have always found Kamran Ghulam quite average. His game against pace leaves a lot to be desired.
Always said that never impressed but he has done well few seasons and we are so desperate need to try anybody

Someone needs to make a thread on rizzu and ask what message it'll send if rizwan gets selected after such performances.

Like seriously his scores are

He's averaging 30 with a sr of less then 80 at no 4 and he's frontrunner in the playing 11?

Like what's even the point of this champions cup if he still gets selected after these scores?

Btw @khyberlion

And neither do I. Saim Ayub for me is better than any batsmen in KPK and I have all the time in the world for him to crack it at international level.

It is my observation that Sindh is producing a lot of bang average players who are also failures at international level.

Rizwan knows that this is a rigged tournament. Being a star player, he is not interested in this drama at all.
As soon as he wears a Pakistani shirt, he will start scoring again.
Talk cricket, what the hell was that shot?????

Always said that never impressed but he has done well few seasons and we are so desperate need to try anybody
He deserves his chance but I don't see him being successful at international level. I will be pleasantly surprised if he is.

It is my observation that Sindh is producing a lot of bang average players who are also failures at international level.
Which Sindhi player failed at international level? It’s all been KPK for the past 3-4 years

Rizwan knows that this is a rigged tournament. Being a star player, he is not interested in this drama at all.
As soon as he wears a Pakistani shirt, he will start scoring again.
I'm sure he knew it was a rigged asia cup final as well

You don't think they have dominated for years? A quick Google search will help you.

Do I even have to say anything? He'll be selected even after avg 30 with a sr of less then 80 in this cup? Making selections and hosting a cup useless
Bro there are these two jokers on Pro sports YouTube

One of them claimed Rizwan doesn’t need to score any runs here to prove himself….

So what’s the point of this tournament and why is Rizwan playing or captaining it?

Lol and people call fakhar a legside hack, he just smacked hasnain even though the guy has taken back to back wickets on the offside.

Apparently people think rizwan has the technique of lara

I can go on but they are not even good enough to get a call for a mediocre team like us.
So your claim was wrong about them failing at International level now that it’s been called out?

Back