PCL Bilateral Series - Pakistan vs India: General Instructions, Discussion and Q&A

Moh@n

ODI Debutant
Runs
A warm welcome to everyone who signed up to be a part of this interesting journey. These are going to be software simulated games where us players will be the participants representing one of the two teams.

RULES

Or should I say Rule? Yes, there is only one rule of thumb. Though it is just a simulator based game, at times things do tend to get heated up. Sledging the opposition in general is very much allowed, but going overboard in the process resulting in personal attacks will lead to disqualification. It is mandatory to maintain the general decorum and abide by the posting rules of this forum.

FORMAT

The series will consist of 3 test matches, 3 ODIs and 3 T20 internationals between the two teams.

VENUE

We are going to play this in UAE. So the three stadiums identified are: Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah.

The first game of each format will be played in Abu Dhabi, the second in Dubai and the third in Sharjah.

PITCH TYPES AND PITCH VARIATION

Nine types of pitches will be available namely: Pancake, Road, Flat, Dry, Normal, Spicey,
Devilish, Unplayable and Nightmare
. The two teams will take turns to choose the pitch type at Abu Dhabi/Dubai while the Sharjah pitch type will be chosen at random by the neutral simmer [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]).

Apart from choosing the pitch type, the home team also needs to choose a pitch variation from the following options:

Bouncing (Loads of bounce and seam)
Bounce: High
Seam: High
Swing: Medium
Spin: Medium
Deterioration: Low

Turning (More Spin)
Bounce: Medium
Seam: Low
Swing: Low
Spin:High
Deterioration: Medium

Damaging (High deterioration)
Bounce: Low
Seam: Medium
Swing:Medium
Spin: Medium
Deterioration: High

Swinging (Increased swing, normal bounce)
Bounce: Medium
Seam: Medium
Swing: High
Spin: Low
Deterioration: Low

The deadline for the home team to name the pitch and their playing eleven and to specify boosts will be a couple of hours lesser compared to the deadline of the away team.

In the event of a deadline being missed, the simmer [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] will choose the pitch/playing eleven of his choice from the defaulter team's squad but he won't be allowed to choose more than one Super Cricketer.

SKILL LEVELS

How well each player is likely to perform is determined by his skill level entered in the sim. The sim allows a maximum batting/bowling skill of 100.

HOW TO PLAY

The India squad has 13 members while the Pakistan squad has 15.

3 of these players from each team will be super cricketers while the remaining players will be awarded contracts by their team captain. Higher the contract, higher will be the skill level of the player. It is upto the captains to decide which contract goes to which player, but in general active members are the favourites to get the higher contracts.

1 CONTRACT SWAP AND 2 PLAYER TYPE CHANGES WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE DONE AFTER THE TEST SERIES. This will help teams to plan better for the shorter formats.

Please note that no player type change or contract swap will be allowed in the window between the ODIs and T20s as both these formats are collectively considered as LOIs.

The team captain will award the following contracts to 10 of his players (may include himself):

AA Contract (Only 1 player in the playing eleven can have this contract)
A Contract (Only 1 player in the playing eleven can have this contract)
B Contract (Only 1 player in the playing eleven can have this contract)
C Contracts (Max 3 players in the playing eleven will have this contract)
D Contracts (Min 3 players in the playing eleven will have this contract)
Super Cricketers (Max 2 allowed in the playing eleven)

Please refer to the tables below for the contract wise skill numbers.

Players Skill

NameContractBatSkillBowlSkill
BatsmanAA950
Wicket-KeeperAA900
BowlerAA4095
Pure A/RAA7575
Bat A/RAA8070
Bowl A/RAA7080

BatsmanA900
Wicket-KeeperA850
BowlerA3590
Pure A/RA7070
Bat A/RA7565
Bowl A/RA6575

BatsmanB850
Wicket-KeeperB800
BowlerB3085
Pure A/RB6565
Bat A/RB7060
Bowl A/RB6070

BatsmanC800
Wicket-KeeperC750
BowlerC2580
Pure A/RC6060
Bat A/RC6555
Bowl A/RC5565

BatsmanD750
Wicket-KeeperD700
BowlerD2075
Pure A/RD5555
Bat A/RD6050
Bowl A/RD5060

BatsmanSC1000
Wicket-KeeperSC950
BowlerSC50100
Pure A/RSC8080
Bat A/RSC8575
Bowl A/RSC7585

The sim does not accept a playing eleven which has less than 4 bowling options for test matches, and less than 5 bowling options for LOIs. Please keep this in mind while choosing your playing eleven for each game.

Team captains are requested to hold discussions in their individual team threads. Please submit the contract wise player types as well as Super Cricketer details by Friday, 17th November 2017 23:59 GMT on the Team Squads thread.

Please shoot any questions or clarifications here.

Last edited:
[MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=137118]Mir jibran[/MENTION] - Please let me know the Pakistan squad of 13 from the sign ups as early as you can.

Ledger for player types:

01. LB/RB (Left/Right handed batsman)
02. LF/RF (Left/Right Arm Fast bowler like Shoaib Akhtar, Brett Lee)
03. LFM/RFM (Left/Right Arm Fast Medium bowler like Glenn McGrath, Shaun Pollock)
04. LMF/RMF (Left/Right Arm Medium Fast bowler like Darren Sammy, Angelo Mathews)
05. RLS/ROS (Right Arm leg spinner/off spinner)
06. WK (Wicket Keeper)
07. SLA (Slow Left Arm Spinner)

Last edited:
Excellent work bro - guys pls add add any questions here if needed

Pakistan team needs making

In the first table, the first set of Bat Skill and Bowl Skill are for the AA contract, followed by Bat/Bowl skills for A, B and C contracts.

Somehow I am not getting the alignment right.

[MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=137118]Mir jibran[/MENTION] - Please let me know the Pakistan squad of 13 from the sign ups as early as you can.

Yes will do so far we have the following signups

1. [MENTION=139288]Abdul[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=140491]Greenstorm[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=143502]MoJoJoJo[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=140064]predictablyunpredictable[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION]
7. [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION]
8. [MENTION=137118]Mir jibran[/MENTION]
9. myself

Still pending on 4 more signups then we are good to go.

What software is required for this league, and how is it played.

Im fairly new to this.

Pardon my ignorance [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]

What software is required for this league, and how is it played.

Im fairly new to this.

Pardon my ignorance [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]

No problems at all. I think a simulator called CricketHeroes is used for this. Your skill level is entered into the sim and the match commentary is generated, so all you need to do is sit back and enjoy and sledge the opposition.

No problems at all. I think a simulator called CricketHeroes is used for this. Your skill level is entered into the sim and the match commentary is generated, so all you need to do is sit back and enjoy and sledge the opposition.

Sounds fun, how do i sign up

Sounds fun, how do i sign up

[MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]

We have got a couple of more sign ups in CG and [MENTION=134300]Tusker[/MENTION]. So now the squad size is 14 and the number of Countries contracts have increased to 5.

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] the contracts that we give to the squad will the remain unchanged for the whole series?

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] the contracts that we give to the squad will the remain unchanged for the whole series?

Yes they will be unchanged, because it will be very difficult for our simmer [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] to change the player database frequently.

I don't mind you changing them if [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] agrees, but for now consider that it will remain unchanged.

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] , [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]

Adding to rules.

2 Contract changes will be allowed after the conclusion of Test Series and ODI series each.
3 Player types changes will be allowed after each series.
(for example batsman into bowler , AR etc) , bat hand , bowl hand etc)

Boosts -
I am keeping it short this time.
Both teams are given 3 temporary boosts per series type.
This temporary boost will give a contract upgrade for that match only.
AA player will be Supercricketer
A will be AA
B will be A
C will be B

These 3 boosts can be all used in one match or separately. (any combination will do)
For example
Match 1 - 0, Match 2 - 2, Match 3 - 1
Match 1 - 1, Match 2 - 1, Match 3 - 1

To make it more interesting , these boost request will be sent to me via PM

These boost request needs to be sent just before lineup deadline for the match.
I will confirm it on forum when i will receive the boost request.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] , [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]

Adding to rules.

2 Contract changes will be allowed after the conclusion of Test Series and ODI series each.
3 Player types changes will be allowed after each series.
(for example batsman into bowler , AR etc) , bat hand , bowl hand etc)

Boosts -
I am keeping it short this time.
A will be AA
B will be A
C will be B

These 3 boosts can be all used in one match or separately. (any combination will do)
For example

To make it more interesting , these boost request will be sent to me via PM
These boost request needs to be sent just before lineup deadline for the match.
I will confirm it on forum when i will receive the boost request.

Alright I understand, but do we need to send an email even if we are not planning on using a boost that match?

Alright I understand, but do we need to send an email even if we are not planning on using a boost that match?

No you don't need to. If [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] gets the mail before the specified deadline then he will apply those boosts, else he won't.

Pls send PM to Moh@n instead of emails

Pls send PM to Moh@n instead of emails

Won't recommend that as I am the India team captain, and I can be accused of deciding my team's boost based on the Pak team's boost.

We can maybe PM [MENTION=139288]Abdul[/MENTION] or [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION], or a neutral mod.

Thoughts [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]?

[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION], I will PM my boost directly to [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] while you can ping yours to one of the mods in your team, who will in turn forward that PM to Jeetu.

Else we can just post it directly along with our playing elevens on the match thread itself.

Last edited:
[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION], I will PM my boost directly to [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] while you can ping yours to one of the mods in your team, who will in turn forward that PM to Jeetu.

Else we can just post it directly along with our playing elevens on the match thread itself.

It’s all the same for me I can do either, whichever you prefer.

It’s all the same for me I can do either, whichever you prefer.

I am fine with anything. If you want to keep the boost a secret then PM the mods in your team. If you think it isn't a big deal, post it with the playing eleven. It does not effect my team plans at all.

Sorry Guys , i was in a hurry so couldn't test database properly and as a result bowling stats got messed up. [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION], [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]. Pakistan side has genuine case for rematch. Treating first match as unofficial match.
We can restart Ind-Pak series with minor modifications.

My suggestion
1. Private boost is not really working as it should. So it should be open like in the it was done before.
2. To balance out toss , pitch factor. Home team should get 1 hour less time to post lineup , toss and boosts.
For example in match 1. If Pakistan (home team ) is given 10 am deadline then India will get 11 am deadline.
Reverse is for Second match.

3. For every third match. Normal Pitch with normal deterioration will be used.

Also to make Boost more important Boost will be slightly higher than upgraded contract.
For example If a B contract player is Boosted then he will be little better than typical A grade contract (some hidden skills will come into play that can make a decent difference).

Important In case a team miss deadline to post lineup then i will select a lineup for them , but they will only get to field 1 Super Cricketer.

I will look into database again and get confirmed by you guys before simming the match.

I think all Pitches can be included
Pancake , Road, Flat, Dry, Normal, Spicy and Devilish , Nightmare , Unplayable.

So what do you suggest [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]? Start all over again including contracts distribution?

Probably sim wasn't comfortable without a warm up match.

So what do you suggest [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]? Start all over again including contracts distribution?

Players will become rusty. And also playing XIs from first match would have developed an image and affection to their contracts and roles.

Probably sim wasn't comfortable without a warm up match.

Players will become rusty. And also playing XIs from first match would have developed an image and affection to their contracts and roles.

I think redo the contracts and change player types once and for all. No changes then throughout all the three formats.

I think redo the contracts and change player types once and for all. No changes then throughout all the three formats.

I have no issues with this provided both sides agree.
Contract changes were introduced so that active people will get higher contract.
We can eliminate or reduce it. Or we can go originally as planned regarding contracts. [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] , your thoughts ?

Contract changes were introduced so that active people will get higher contract.
We can eliminate or reduce it. Or we can go originally as planned regarding contracts. [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] , your thoughts ?

If they are not allowed to be change in between series that means C contracted players play less games as you want to select the strongest side. I liked the original plan of contract changes.

If they are not allowed to be change in between series that means C contracted players play less games as you want to select the strongest side. I liked the original plan of contract changes.

In that case I don't need to change my contracts. Let me know if you wish to change yours before the test series begins.

What do you mean by eliminating or reducing contracts? Go back to assigning skill points?

How about PSL style? The playing eleven could consist of:

1 Platinum Category player
1 Diamond Category player
1 Gold Category player
2 Silver Category players
4 Emerging Category players
2 Super Cricketers

[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]

How about PSL style? The playing eleven could consist of:

1 Platinum Category player
1 Diamond Category player
1 Gold Category player
2 Silver Category players
4 Emerging Category players
2 Super Cricketers

[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]

In my opinion the current contract system for this series is fine. There are a lot of new players and it would confuse some people.

In my opinion the current contract system for this series is fine. There are a lot of new players and it would confuse some people.

I don't mind sticking to that. If you wish to change things around, please post your squad again in the Team Squads thread. Please discuss with your mates about the changes in your team thread though.

I don't mind sticking to that. If you wish to change things around, please post your squad again in the Team Squads thread. Please discuss with your mates about the changes in your team thread though.

Alright i will discuss.

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION]

In order to bring in more strategic thinking into the equation and to reduce the skill gap between the AA and A contract, I would like to redesign the contract system as follows:

Players Skill

BatsmanAA950
Wicket-KeeperAA900
BowlerAA4095
Pure A/RAA7575
Bat A/RAA8070
Bowl A/RAA7080

BatsmanA900
Wicket-KeeperA850
BowlerA3590
Pure A/RA7070
Bat A/RA7565
Bowl A/RA6575

BatsmanB850
Wicket-KeeperB800
BowlerB3085
Pure A/RB6565
Bat A/RB7060
Bowl A/RB6070

BatsmanC800
Wicket-KeeperC750
BowlerC2580
Pure A/RC6060
Bat A/RC6555
Bowl A/RC5565

BatsmanD750
Wicket-KeeperD700
BowlerD2075
Pure A/RD5555
Bat A/RD6050
Bowl A/RD5060

BatsmanSC1000
Wicket-KeeperSC950
BowlerSC50100
Pure A/RSC8080
Bat A/RSC8575
Bowl A/RSC7585

You can have any number of players on each contract, but the playing eleven should look like this:

Maximum 1 AA Contact player
Maximum 1 A Contract player
Maximum 1 B Contract player
Maximum 2 C Contract players
Minimum 4 D Contract players
Maximum 2 Super Cricketers (SC)

Please let me know if this looks alright.

Last edited:
What do you mean by eliminating or reducing contracts? Go back to assigning skill points?
I meant contract changes which were to occur between Test and ODI series , also between ODI and T20 series.

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION]

In order to bring in more strategic thinking into the equation and to reduce the skill gap between the AA and A contract, I would like to redesign the contract system as follows:

Players Skill

BatsmanAA950
Wicket-KeeperAA900
BowlerAA4095
Pure A/RAA7575
Bat A/RAA8070
Bowl A/RAA7080

BatsmanA900
Wicket-KeeperA850
BowlerA3590
Pure A/RA7070
Bat A/RA7565
Bowl A/RA6575

BatsmanB850
Wicket-KeeperB800
BowlerB3085
Pure A/RB6565
Bat A/RB7060
Bowl A/RB6070

BatsmanC800
Wicket-KeeperC750
BowlerC2580
Pure A/RC6060
Bat A/RC6555
Bowl A/RC5565

BatsmanD750
Wicket-KeeperD700
BowlerD2075
Pure A/RD5555
Bat A/RD6050
Bowl A/RD5060

BatsmanSC1000
Wicket-KeeperSC950
BowlerSC50100
Pure A/RSC8080
Bat A/RSC8575
Bowl A/RSC7585

You can have any number of players on each contract, but the playing eleven should look like this:

Looks good to me.

Players Skill

BatsmanAA950
Wicket-KeeperAA900
BowlerAA4095
Pure A/RAA7575
Bat A/RAA8070
Bowl A/RAA7080

BatsmanA900
Wicket-KeeperA850
BowlerA3590
Pure A/RA7070
Bat A/RA7565
Bowl A/RA6575

BatsmanB850
Wicket-KeeperB800
BowlerB3085
Pure A/RB6565
Bat A/RB7060
Bowl A/RB6070

BatsmanC800
Wicket-KeeperC750
BowlerC2580
Pure A/RC6060
Bat A/RC6555
Bowl A/RC5565

BatsmanD750
Wicket-KeeperD700
BowlerD2075
Pure A/RD5555
Bat A/RD6050
Bowl A/RD5060

BatsmanSC1000
Wicket-KeeperSC950
BowlerSC50100
Pure A/RSC8080
Bat A/RSC8575
Bowl A/RSC7585

Looks if that's what you want to do I guess. But I still like the original contract system.

Last edited:

Players Skill

BatsmanAA950
Wicket-KeeperAA900
BowlerAA4095
Pure A/RAA7575
Bat A/RAA8070
Bowl A/RAA7080

BatsmanA900
Wicket-KeeperA850
BowlerA3590
Pure A/RA7070
Bat A/RA7565
Bowl A/RA6575

BatsmanB850
Wicket-KeeperB800
BowlerB3085
Pure A/RB6565
Bat A/RB7060
Bowl A/RB6070

BatsmanC800
Wicket-KeeperC750
BowlerC2580
Pure A/RC6060
Bat A/RC6555
Bowl A/RC5565

BatsmanD750
Wicket-KeeperD700
BowlerD2075
Pure A/RD5555
Bat A/RD6050
Bowl A/RD5060

BatsmanSC1000
Wicket-KeeperSC950
BowlerSC50100
Pure A/RSC8080
Bat A/RSC8575
Bowl A/RSC7585

NVM I did not read the playing xi part in that case it seems great I like it.

Last edited:
[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] the new contract system seems fine the only thing I would change if I could is reduce D contract to 3 somehow.

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] the new contract system seems fine the only thing I would change if I could is reduce D contract to 3 somehow.

I think having 4 players out of 11 on lowest skills is good balance. Else we would have too many players with high skills.

It's the same for both teams anyhow :)

I think having 4 players out of 11 on lowest skills is good balance. Else we would have too many players with high skills.

It's the same for both teams anyhow :)

Alright sounds good, I was just thinking we could’ve had 3 c contracts and 3 d, however it is okay if you like it that way.

OP updated [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION].

so the skills are changed from the next match onwards?

so the skills are changed from the next match onwards?

Yes. We are beginning the series all over again as there was a glitch with the sim. Consider the first test match as a warm up game.

Yes. We are beginning the series all over again as there was a glitch with the sim. Consider the first test match as a warm up game.

i thought the sim will stable by now. lol

i thought the sim will stable by now. lol

Sim will always remain bit unstable and buggy. Kurt stopped working on it long time back. But for most part it works well. I made database error which rearranged some bowling stats. So better to restart it.

Sim will always remain bit unstable and buggy. Kurt stopped working on it long time back. But for most part it works well. I made database error which rearranged some bowling stats. So better to restart it.

i thought Kurt was working on a new game.

Boosts - [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] , [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]

A will be AA
B will be A
C will be B
D will be C

For example

Thanks [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION].

Can we boost someone from C contract to A contract for example using 2 boosts at once?

It looks like a good idea , but [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] needs to agree to it.

[MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION], is it alright if we host the T20s on either the Time Pass or Cricket section of the forum in order to get more visibility and thereby more sign ups for the upcoming PSL league?

What do you reckon [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION]?

[MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION], is it alright if we host the T20s on either the Time Pass or Cricket section of the forum in order to get more visibility and thereby more sign ups for the upcoming PSL league?

What do you reckon [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION]?

Sounds good to me.

Also needed is that players be more active during T20s.

T10 fever is high atm. Right now, A PCL series of T10 might attract more joinings.
[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION]
[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]

T10 fever is high atm. Right now, A PCL series of T10 might attract more joinings.

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION]
[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]

Not sure if the sim supports 10 overs a side matches. [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] can clarify.

[MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION] @Saj

Yes that's fine. Cricket section.

Thank you :)

Some help from the mods in promoting this will go a long way in getting people signed up, like how it's done in those Cricketweb fantasy leagues for all the Pakistan series.

Back