PakPassion Administrator
Runs
Pls add updates here - those who can, pls post scores as frequently as possible

Thanks

17:00 local, 11:00 GMT Semi-Final - Islamabad Leopards v Karachi Dolphins
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

20:30 local, 14:30 GMT Semi-Final - Lahore Lions v Sialkot Stallions
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Favourites for the finals: Karachi Dolphins vs. Sialkot Stallions, Karachi vs. Lahore would be more exciting.

Afridi must open for the dolphins today.. I dont understand why does he have to keep himself down the order always why cant he atleast open the innings in domestic matches if not international matches....

Players to watch:

Karachi Dolphins vs. Islamabad Leapords:

Shahid Afridi
Anwar Ali
Fawad Alam
Khurram Manzoor
Naumanullah
Sarfraz
Sohail Khan
Rao Iftikhar
Shoaib Akhtar
Bazid Khan

Should be an exciting encounter.

Lahore vs Karachi Final will be exciting

National T20 semifinal to be played today

Updated at: 1125 PST, Tuesday, October 07, 2008
LAHORE: The semifinals of National Twenty20 Cricket Championship will be played today in Qaddafi stadium in Lahore.

Semifinals will be broadcast live on Geo Super. The first of two semifinals will be played between Karachi Dolphins and Islamabad Leopards in Qaddafi Stadium at 5pm today. Karachi Dolphins secured top position in Group A by winning all six matches.

Lahore Lions will play Sialkot Stallions in second semifinal. Meanwhile, final match of the National Twenty20 Championship will be played on October 8 at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
TheNews

so just over half an hour before the first match starts.

You've got to fancy Karachi for the first game. Akhtar versus Afridi could be interesting

Last edited:
Omar Malik said:
Updated at: 1125 PST, Tuesday, October 07, 2008
LAHORE: The semifinals of National Twenty20 Cricket Championship will be played today in Qaddafi stadium in Lahore.

Semifinals will be broadcast live on Geo Super. The first of two semifinals will be played between Karachi Dolphins and Islamabad Leopards in Qaddafi Stadium at 5pm today. Karachi Dolphins secured top position in Group A by winning all six matches.

Lahore Lions will play Sialkot Stallions in second semifinal. Meanwhile, final match of the National Twenty20 Championship will be played on October 8 at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
TheNews

They had six matches? I didn't know there were so many.

Anyway, Afridi probably won't open since Akhtar is the opening bowler..

Gone wohoooooooooooooooooo
Inswing delivery by Sohail .... LBW
Raheel Majeed gone for ZERO

Islamabad 3/1

Good solid start from both bowlers. PakPassionate are you watching the match. If so, how are the two looking at the moment.

hashman said:
Good solid start from both bowlers. PakPassionate are you watching the match. If so, how are the two looking at the moment.
Both the bowlers bowling very well ....maybe they already knew that they are selected for Canada 2020 :)

PakPassionate said:
Both the bowlers bowling very well ....maybe they already knew that they are selected for Canada 2020 :)

LOL. Maybe. It is going to be one of these two selected. Shoaib will prob get selected in 11.

Sohail Khan bowled well in the second over:

1 0 0 0 0 W

including three LBW appeals.

Anwar Ali's third over was also economical.

One ball went for four but was edged and went through the one slip

Aamir Sohail had no such comments about Ejaz Butt, but he said they should've consulted him for the Canada squad!

AMAZING SO FAR!!!

EXPRESS PACE!!!!

I really wish i could see this!

Someone commentate on Afridi please

siccric said:
bazeed Khan b sohail Khan 0(02) BRILLIANT BALL!
Bazid Khan is one of the most overrated batsman in Pakistani cricket. Great stuff from the Karachi young guns - Sohail and Anwer

Leading wicket takers in the tournament:

Mohammad Naved 6
Mohammad amer 5
Fahad Khan 5
Shahid Afridi 5

Remember, not everyone has played the same amount of matches.

Aamir Sohail

Sohail Khan
Mohammad Aamer
Sohail Ahmed

will be the future of Pakistan bowling, and he says the future doesn't look bad.

20/3 Islamabad in trouble as the captain walks out. 5 overs bowled

Anwar Ali to Afaq Raheem
Gone! good length ball, just outside off and moves away, Afaq tries to play a big shot down the ground, thick outside edge goes to keeper and he takes a straight forward catch behind the stumps, Leopards 3 down!
Afaq Raheem c Sarfraz Ahmed b Anwar Ali (2 runs, 4 balls, 0x4, 0x6)

Anwar Ali bowled out swinger. He isnt one trick pony.

Ball swinging around, Afridi being very proactive as usual.

29/4 after 7 overs

Dolphins look likely to win this tournament and qualify for the Champions League. There bowling line up will be too good for both Lahore and Sialkot

hashman said:
Dolphins look likely to win this tournament and qualify for the Champions League. There bowling line up will be too good for both Lahore and Sialkot

I agree, the new ball pairing of Sohail Khan and Anwar Ali is probably the best of any side in the competition.

Ramiz pleased with the balanced pitches throughout the tournament.

Fayaz Ahmed c Afridi b Malik Aftab [i think] 4(7)

38/5 !! Lofted drive didn't clear the infield and Afridi takes a relatively easy catch. Wicketkeeper naeem anjum out to the middle.

This is going to be a pretty dull final unless something miraculous happens :)

i wish if they can manage 120 it will be interesting to see Shoaib and Rao with new ball

hashman said:
so another one gone. Will the Leopards get near 100

Doubt it. Anwar Ali and Sohail Khan both have two overs left, so I'm guessing once the others get one more wicket, Afridi'll let them clean up.

taqi said:
i wish if they can manage 120 it will be interesting to see Shoaib and Rao with new ball

Yeah, the pitch will suit Rawr.

45/5 After 11.2 Overs & Isl look in trouble

Cricinfo are postng score updates quite frequently.

Ashar Zaidi c Afridi b Malik Aftab

45/6 (11.3)

Shoaib being cheered as he comes out to bat.

Ashar played an uppish drive and was caught by Afridi , again just inside the infield.

can they pass 67 lowest score in RBS T20 2008-09 ???

Classy fielding at point by Fawad Alam. Good cut shot. Four saved.

Cricinfo won't tell you that!

Karachi Dolphins bowling Overs Mdns Runs Wkts Wides No-Balls
Malik Aftab 4 0 17 3 0 0

SOme pretty good bowling there

hashman said:
Karachi Dolphins bowling Overs Mdns Runs Wkts Wides No-Balls
Malik Aftab 4 0 17 3 0 0

SOme pretty good bowling there

One wide now. Only trust PP!

Thanks to the guys bringing us the quickest updates on the net :)

Some people coming into the stadium now, I guess more to see Afridi and Akhtar in action, and then for the lahore match. This one probably won't be great unles Rawr and Shoaib do something good. These two playing well at the moment, taking singles regularly.

Very poor shot from Shoaib Akhtar.

Shoaib c Anwar Ali b Tahir Khan

Tried to clear the boundary but failed, miserably.

BRILLIANT CAUGHT AND BOWLED!

One of the best I've seen

Naeem Anjum gone.

POOR RUNNING, AND RUNOUT!

Rao gone, Rauf didn't back his call.

68/9.

Lowest total in the tournament surpassed at least.

AFRIDI GETS A WICKET!

Emad Wasim 0(1)c Sarfraz b Afridi

Innings finish at 68.

16 overs for that 68, and Karachi require 69 at just over 3.9 runs an over.

Decent crowd in for the run chase. Let's hope we see some good bowling at least.

Woah 68 all out!

Btw, just wanted to say good work with the commentary siccric and Pakpassionate. Keep it up.

Back