PCB set to reappoint Babar Azam as captain ahead of the T20 World Cup 2024

Should Babar Azam be reinstated as the captain for the T20 World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
Imad was good enough to be MOTM 4 games in a row, yes 4! The Multan game counts as well. 4 games in a row he effected 4 games positively to help his side win the PSL….but he still isn’t good enough to play for Pakistan?
Average of 40 with the ball in ODIs. Average of 15 with the bat in T20Is.

He is garbage. Pakistan needs to be move on from bits n pieces rubbish like him and invest in young and hungry spinners like Abrar and Mehran. I’m sure there will be a few others too, but players like Imad should be put out to pasture now.

Not really, you guys bring him up 24/7. Mamoon couldn't stop talking about imad without bringing up Babar.
Babar lives rent-free in heads of Imad fans.

Imad has zero relevance outside his beef with Babar. It is the only thing that has kept him in the news and in the limelight in the last couple of years.

He is a forgettable cricketer who will be reduced to the dustbins of history when he stops playing and will just be a name on the scorecards.

No one will remember him or his contributions to Pakistan cricket while the legacy of Babar Azam as a Pakistani batting legend will carry on forever.

I can guarantee that a Pakistani cricket fan in the year 2070 would know who Babar Azam was but he wouldn’t have a clue about Imad Wasim.

Average of 40 with the ball in ODIs. Average of 15 with the bat in T20Is.

He is garbage. Pakistan needs to be move on from bits n pieces rubbish like him and invest in young and hungry spinners like Abrar and Mehran. I’m sure there will be a few others too, but players like Imad should be put out to pasture now.
Santner has an Average of 37 with the ball in ODIs. He has been allowed to play without any threat to his position. Santner is good enough to cut Virat Kohli in half with the ball if he lands it in the right spot.

Why are you only picking on Imad’s weak stats to paint a wrong picture about him? Why are you purposely ignoring that Imad brings a particular skill that he is hired for around the world…and that is to bowl dots/economically in the powerplay in T20 cricket?

*Ring Ring*

Babar picks up phone: Yes sir, khairiyat?

PCB: Hi Babar, we’ve got some important news for you

Babar: Hukm sir!

PCB: Yeah just to let you know, we’ve been doing a lot of thinking and…

Babar: jee sir batayen! And what?

PCB: And we still don’t want you as captain

*Hangs up call*

I do not even want Babar back as captain but it may be worth it just for the meltdown from Imad and Amir fans when they realize he is going to be captaining over them :ROFLMAO:

I do not even want Babar back as captain but it may be worth it just for the meltdown from Imad and Amir fans when they realize he is going to be captaining over them :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Most probably babar will be captaining in ODI and Tests while shaheen in T20.

Babar should be the captain squad will be already compromised with leeches like Imad and Amir joining in, hopefully Babar will stamp his authority and not selected these TTFs

Saim
Rizwan+
Babar
Fakhar
Usman
Iftikhar
Shadab
WasimJr.
SSA
Naseem
Mir
--------

don't agree this the theory "the best batsmen should be the captain" Babar is far from the best player when it comes to t20
and he doesn't have any captaincy skills, we have seen his horror shows for the 4 years need to move away from him

Babar should be the captain squad will be already compromised with leeches like Imad and Amir joining in, hopefully Babar will stamp his authority and not selected these TTFs

Saim
Rizwan+
Babar
Fakhar
Usman
Iftikhar
Shadab
WasimJr.
SSA
Naseem
Mir
--------
don't think there is any bigger TTF than babar and rizwan he should remove him self from the playing 11 to start off with along with his buddy rizzu

don't think there is any bigger TTF than babar and rizwan he should remove him self from the playing 11 to start off with along with his buddy rizzu

Saim
Fakhar
Haris
Usman
Azam+
Iftikhar
Shadab
WasimJr.
Ssa c
Naseem
Mir
-----------
This team lacks spine

Santner has an Average of 37 with the ball in ODIs. He has been allowed to play without any threat to his position. Santner is good enough to cut Virat Kohli in half with the ball if he lands it in the right spot.

Why are you only picking on Imad’s weak stats to paint a wrong picture about him? Why are you purposely ignoring that Imad brings a particular skill that he is hired for around the world…and that is to bowl dots/economically in the powerplay in T20 cricket?
Santner’s overall average might not be impressive but he bowled really well on Indian pitches in the World Cup. The way he flighted the ball and generated spin was very impressive.

He looked a spinner of different class compared to the likes of Nawaz and Imad.

Imad bowls gun barrel straight even on Asian pitches. He is one trick pony. He is also not a youngster who will improve and refine his skills in the coming years, he is not a difference maker in the field and he has the ego and arrogance of a quality player which he clearly isn’t.

It is high time for Pakistan to move forward from yesterday’s players like Amir and Imad. Their time has come and gone and they, in particular Amir, is responsible for his unfulfilled career.

I don’t blame Imad much because he never had the ability to be a great player to begin with, but Amir could have had 700+ international wickets and 100+ Test caps and he is responsible for not having half the career that he could have had.

There is absolutely no point in going back to two old, retired players who have demonstrated on numerous occasions that they are not very eager to play for Pakistan.

Saim
Fakhar
Haris
Usman
Azam+
Iftikhar
Shadab
WasimJr.
Ssa c
Naseem
Mir
-----------
This team lacks spine
i've not seen any spine in the last t20 wc or t20 asia cup with babar and rizwan included in the squad
they are not the great players your making them out to be better give others a chance

I don't want Babar to be back as captain. Shaheen should be the captain for Tests and ODIs, not T20Is. Make Shadab captain for T20Is.

i've not seen any spine in the last t20 wc or t20 asia cup with babar and rizwan included in the squad
they are not the great players your making them out to be better give others a chance
babar with an average of mighty 17 in the last worlcup t20 and an average of mighty 11 in the last t20 asia cup

Lack of alternative is the reason for Babar to captain again, SSA has alot to learn for leadership not to mention his fitness issues, or who knows may be the sponsors want PCb to reappoint Babar as skipper

Lack of alternative is the reason for Babar to captain again, SSA has alot to learn for leadership not to mention his fitness issues, or who knows may be the sponsors want PCb to reappoint Babar as skipper
Ah yes, Shaheen has proven he is a poor captain after 5 international T20 games

Ah yes, Shaheen has proven he is a poor captain after 5 international T20 games

He showed he was a poor captain when he was leading Lahore Qalanders. Some of his DRS reviews were embarrassing, anyone who is that dumb he has to appeal everything that hits the pads doesn't have the sense to captain his national country.

That said, there are no outstanding candidates, most Pakistan players are the same, they play the game like park cricketers. I would pick Babar or Rizwan ahead of Shaheen, although Imad would probably be the smartest cricketer if his place in the side was secure.

This Tilak guy just seems to be an upgraded version of Shan MAsooD

i blame misbah and babar for not grooming a captain, just shows how selfish both are

PCB is doing strange and foolish actions. Either they shouldn't have removed Babar Azam from the captaincy in the first place or if they have now they should give a proper chance to another captain.

In my opinion rizwan was a better option to lead, reverting back to babar azam is not a wise decision.

Here is my analysis of these rumors:

1) They are fake first of all. No one from PCB has approached Babar for captaincy. All credible sources from PCB have pointed out to it.

2) This babar captaincy propaganda has been in play since the end of PSL, and reached its peak this week. Let me remind you of the agency Babar is contracted with. They have a paid army of propagandists run through multiple whatsapp channels for 200 rupees per tweet allegedly. They also have some journalists on their payroll. If you observe the twitter space and the accounts spreading these news, you will know what i am talking about. I have been observing such paid accounts and journalists for a while.

3) This rumour has been spread for two reasons.

Firstly, PCB has been taking very competent steps of late. The group feels threatened as public has been appreciating their steps so far. This rumour makes people question PCB’s sanity. Call them a clown board. Basically a trap to tarnish the competence of the new setup.

Secondly, another angle is Babar’s PR will say that Babar refused to take captaincy. To showcase him as a saviour, and a bechara/mazloom.

It is so simple.

Irrespective of how anyone feels about Amir or Imad, you take the best 11 players of the country to win tournaments.

Point is, I hate Amir. If someone ever takes out my old posts, I hate fixers and crooks with a vengeance. I would have never taken Amir based on his past record. And I am on record for saying he should never come back.

BUT when you have SELFISH batsmen like Babar and Rizwan who pretend to play for the country while padding up and improving their personal averages, then it should be open season for everyone.

Is Imad the best suited all rounder for his role currently ? ✓

Is there anyone better than Imad to replace him? ✓

Is Amir still the best bowler for Pakistan in tournaments ? ✓

Is there someone else who can win it for Pakistan besides Amir with bowl ? No.

Regardless, if the best 11 players of the country are not representing you then there is no point in lining up on the field.

He showed he was a poor captain when he was leading Lahore Qalanders. Some of his DRS reviews were embarrassing, anyone who is that dumb he has to appeal everything that hits the pads doesn't have the sense to captain his national country.

That said, there are no outstanding candidates, most Pakistan players are the same, they play the game like park cricketers. I would pick Babar or Rizwan ahead of Shaheen, although Imad would probably be the smartest cricketer if his place in the side was secure.
Yeah yeah, Shaheen is dumb after winning two PSLs yet somehow Babar who has won nothing in 4 years of international captaincy and 3 years of PSL captaincy is somehow superior. Your argument is a classic case of zero logic and sense.

Pakistan cricket is so entertaining, even when the team isn't playing cricket. This stuff is better than the best sitcom.
I think indians are definitely competing with Pakistan for this spot. Rohit-Pandya drama, Kohli-BCCI drama. I would say thats even more than Pakistan cricket.

This isn't a bad move per se if true. Shaheen shouldn't be captain, bowling captains generally don't prosper unless your an anomaly like Pat Cummins. The workload is just too much.

My only gripe would be why not Rizwan? But I can see the thinking (if PCB are actually logical): Rizwan is already a gun limited overs bat and wicketkeeper across all formats, why burden him either with the captaincy?

Babar getting reinstated as captain and phoning Amir and Imad to inform them that they are not in his plans, and that they can take their retirement back if they want to would be beautiful.

However, this forum might crash with the tears and tantrums of a few posters.

I think indians are definitely competing with Pakistan for this spot. Rohit-Pandya drama, Kohli-BCCI drama. I would say thats even more than Pakistan cricket.
Not even in the same ballpark, you guys change your captains and pcb presidents more often than a toothbrush and your players find it impossible to stick to their decision of retiring

Babar getting reinstated as captain and phoning Amir and Imad to inform them that they are not in his plans, and that they can take their retirement back if they want to would be beautiful.

However, this forum might crash with the tears and tantrums of a few posters.
That’s a lovely fantasy to have as a Babar fan, but in reality it was Babar who received a call from the PCB asking him why he hasn’t attended Kukul yet….

(and not mentioning anything about captaincy)

It is so simple.

Irrespective of how anyone feels about Amir or Imad, you take the best 11 players of the country to win tournaments.

Point is, I hate Amir. If someone ever takes out my old posts, I hate fixers and crooks with a vengeance. I would have never taken Amir based on his past record. And I am on record for saying he should never come back.

BUT when you have SELFISH batsmen like Babar and Rizwan who pretend to play for the country while padding up and improving their personal averages, then it should be open season for everyone.

Is Imad the best suited all rounder for his role currently ? ✓

Is there anyone better than Imad to replace him? ✓

Is Amir still the best bowler for Pakistan in tournaments ? ✓

Is there someone else who can win it for Pakistan besides Amir with bowl ? No.

Regardless, if the best 11 players of the country are not representing you then there is no point in lining up on the field.

100% agree.

I have the same mindset with Pakistani cricket right now.

There are too many internal and external issues to set high moral standards for the team. The sole focus for a selector should be to pick the best XI and forget about the rest.

As a selector, why should they care about morals and other elements? Their job is one of the most unstable jobs in cricket. You try to implement standards and a system only to be jobless after losing a series.

Posters here talk about protests, ignoring fixers, setting fitness standards, and don't see the selectors getting changed every other month.

Babar's primary goal should be to end up as Pakistan's best batsman if not the best batsman in the world and to single handedly help Pakistan win as many matches as possible with the bat especially against top teams on the big stage.

He is not captaincy material and there is no need for him to deal with the crap that comes with the captaincy. The team has many other capable leaders.

Babar lives rent-free in heads of Imad fans.

Imad has zero relevance outside his beef with Babar. It is the only thing that has kept him in the news and in the limelight in the last couple of years.

He is a forgettable cricketer who will be reduced to the dustbins of history when he stops playing and will just be a name on the scorecards.

No one will remember him or his contributions to Pakistan cricket while the legacy of Babar Azam as a Pakistani batting legend will carry on forever.

I can guarantee that a Pakistani cricket fan in the year 2070 would know who Babar Azam was but he wouldn’t have a clue about Imad Wasim.
Imad ironically lives rent free in your head to the point that you're making troll threads, and writing fan fiction about being pcb chairman but go on.

Also I'll likely still be alive in 2070, if god is kind, I'll live till 69 lol, regardless, I'll be able to assert if he's remembered or not, don't make such a claim, before 2070.

Yeah yeah, Shaheen is dumb after winning two PSLs yet somehow Babar who has won nothing in 4 years of international captaincy and 3 years of PSL captaincy is somehow superior. Your argument is a classic case of zero logic and sense.

Why? I'm not really interested in this argument of Babar vs Shaheen. For me it's a case of Dumb and Dumber, would have thought that was clear in my post. Like @Dr_Bassim said, just pick the best 11 and try to pick the least dumb option out of those. Like I said, Imad might be the best option in my opinion.

Just to let you know, true pakistani fans want Pakistan to win cups, which we rarely do.

Often generations pass before we win something, whereas Australians win every pretty much every season or every other season.

It's why Indian fans are frustrated now cause this has been their longest dry streak. Regardless here's Pakistan

1992 - winners
2009 - winner: Time pass: 17 years
2017 - Winners: time pass 8 years: lesser time but with 2024 now already 7 years have passed and we're nearing, 8 years is mostly a generational decade.

Compare that to Australia we're a joke.

In these generations Amir has contributed significantly to winning us 2 cups.

Yes in ct final babar was their, imad was their etc, but Amir, Fakhar, hafeez contributed the most.

Sarfraz's played a clutch knock against srinlanka despite getting lucky otherwise era have exited and Amir held the other end

Afterwards against England it was all a falhar show and hasan Ali magic.

In the final main contributors we're Fakhar, hafeez and Amir.

True Pakistani fans don't care about Babar achieving a 60 avg or rizwan stat padding yo success

Theirs a reason why people want Amir, same reason why people wanted wahab despite wahab being a horrible tours bowler, its because what they've done in tournaments is insanity compared to run machines that Rauf and shaheen were in 2023, even shaheen in his prime has never achieved a spell close to what Amir or wahab did in tournaments.

Stop looking at stats for one second and start looking at cups cause that's what matters at the end of the day, only those moments are remembered. Kohli's 5 centuries in the cup and beating tendulkar's record or quinton's 4 centuries furig 2023 is what cemented them as goats with quinton now being compared to gilchrist.

No one cared about quinton scoring centuries in tours.

Just to let you know, true pakistani fans want Pakistan to win cups, which we rarely do.

Often generations pass before we win something, whereas Australians win every pretty much every season or every other season.

It's why Indian fans are frustrated now cause this has been their longest dry streak. Regardless here's Pakistan

1992- winners
2009- winner: Time pass: 17 years
2017- Winners: time pass 8 years: lesser time but with 2024 now already 7 years have passed and we're nearing, 8 years is mostly a generational decade.

Compare that to Australia we're a joke.

In these generations Amir has contributed significantly to winning us 2 cups.

Yes in ct final babar was their, imad was their etc, but Amir, Fakhar, hafeez contributed the most.

Sarfraz's played a clutch knock against srinlanka despite getting lucky otherwise era have exited and Amir held the other end

Afterwards against England it was all a falhar show and hasan Ali magic.

In the final main contributors we're Fakhar, hafeez and Amir.

True Pakistani fans don't care about Babar achieving a 60 avg or rizwan stat padding yo success

Theirs a reason why people want Amir, same reason why people wanted wahab despite wahab being a horrible tours bowler, its because what they've done in tournaments is insanity compared to run machines that Rauf and shaheen were in 2023, even shaheen in his prime has never achieved a spell close to what Amir or wahab did in tournaments.

Stop looking at stats for one second and start looking at cups cause that's what matters at the end of the day, only those moments are remembered. Kohli's 5 centuries in the cup and beating tendulkar's record or quinton's 4 centuries furig 2023 is what cemented them as goats with quinton now being compared to gilchrist.

No one cared about quinton scoring centuries in tours.
@160KPH

Amd BTW before you say babar babar again,

The same logic applies to Bobby, his 101 is remembered 10x more and is considered his greatest innings with his second greatest being that 68 he scored against India for a 10 wicket win.

No one gives a kahoot about his 49 ball 100 against sa irrespective if it was c string sa or prime sa

It's also the same reason why people despise his 39 of 34 in the semi final, its match losing.

Cups matter, if these types of players can't show up when it matters most then their not heroes of the nation just because a stat sheet says 60 avg.

Not even in the same ballpark, you guys change your captains and pcb presidents more often than a toothbrush and your players find it impossible to stick to their decision of retiring
Babar Azam was captain for 4 years. Who told you that PCB changes captains like a toothbrush?

I worry for your oral health if you keep the same toothbrush for 4 years.

Between 2010 and 2023, Pakistan has had 4 Test captains: Misbah, Sarfraz, Azhar and Babar.

4 captains in 14 years is very normal, it would had been 3 if PCB didn’t make the wrong call of making Azhar captain ahead of Babar.

Teams like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and West Indies have probably had 10 different captains in 14 years.

PCB has been very stable, mature and consistent with appointing captains and giving them long ropes.

I won’t let ignorant Indian fans troll Pakistan with blanket statements that are not backed by facts.

Please stick to making jibes about PCB Chairmen and players coming out of retirement because you have a point there - that is an area where Pakistan cricket lacks stability and consistency, but Pakistan cricket has been as stable and consistent as any cricket team as far as captaincy is concerned, so please don’t talk about captaincy.

If you're a true cricket fan, your goal needs to be to win cups for the country and not some meaningless no 1 rank which is a joke nowadays.

Babar as a captain has never won anything, not even his local psl cups as captain.

So no clue why loyal pakistani fans would even think about reappointing someone just because of their childish mentality of Haha we can spite imad and Amir again, Woo hoo.

Focus on the cup, and not 2 cricketers you hate.

I am still in shock...

Though I have no faith in the corrupt institutions I would never have expected the PCB to even contemplate such a ridiculous idea.

Babar is/was a poor captain and going back to him is a major step backwards. Not only does it harm our cricket but makes us an even bigger laughing stock in the eyes of the world.

However, it's important here to reiterate the point that all the heartache suffered during the last 18 months is not down to the players, the csptain or Rizwan.

Too many people here vent their anger at the wrong people. It had nothing to do with the players or which Managment company they belong too... the responsibility of who plays in the team, captains it and which poisition they bat in is all down to the PCB/Team Managment.

I hope people are beginning to see this now

Nah, i think you guys are definitely doing even better than us when it comes to drama. I believe in indian numba 1.

Pcb president? I didn’t even know there was such a post.

This would be beyond incredibly stupid if true. Not because of whose captaincy is better or not, that is irrelevant in my opinion. Firstly, you fired your long standing captain in a humiliating way and throwing him under the bus, leaking messages etc and made the decision to appoint Shaheen and after one series, you are trying to revert the decision? That is absolutely insane and I think Babar would be beyond nuts to accept this in the first place.

I honestly feel bad for the players who keep having to deal with constant instability and flip flopping. A player's central contract is being cancelled out of nowhere, then restored weeks later, captains changing, coaching carousels, domestic setup changing, chairman's changing more often than people go buy socks. There is no cohesive strategy or nor vision. Despite this utter nonsense, fans still expect this team to be top tier and its just not going to happen under this Pakistan Chaotic Board.

Babar should stay away from this quicksand. He has found his rhythm back in batting and should stick to that role which is his main job. Forget about captaincy because it will do no good for him as an individual. Being a captain in Pakistan is like a suicide and when you are babar azam, it will be a slow painful suicide so I am not liking this idea.

Nah, when it comes to drama, instability and infighting pakistan is truly number 1 unlike babar's fugazi number 1 ranking
Nah, i think you guys are definitely doing even better than us when it comes to drama. I believe in indian numba 1.

Babar Azam's T20I captaincy career seems quite good enough to get the captaincy back from shaheen.

KpLrf5l.jpeg

Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, Mohsin Naqvi chaired an important meeting at the PCB headquarters in Gaddafi Stadium.

Members of the selection committee presented recommendations to PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi regarding the captain of the national cricket team.

Consultations were also held regarding the coaches during the meeting.

Chief Operating Officer of PCB, Salman Naseer, and members of the selection committee including Mohammad Yousuf, Wahab Riaz, Abdul Razzaq, Bilal Asif, and Director of International Cricket, Usman Wahla, attended the meeting.

It has come after major consultation amongs senior team members.

It has been unanimously decided that none other than Babar should lead the team.

Whole squad is behind Babar, nobody competes with him in terms of stature or performance.

Main thing is Babar wants the captaincy which he was forced to let go off, as well as Rizwan and Shaheen backing Babar.

Guarantee Babar wants is that he will be given until next World Cup under same administration. ( as well as a home champions trophy).

I think babar is just a scapegoat here if he is made captain again. Babar should not take this role back. This is not giving me any positive vibes TBH. It could be just me but yes, I am not sure if this is the right thing to do atm.

Let babar be captain again. Let's be honest

2024 t20 wc
2025 ct
2027 wc
2028 Olympics.

^^ Pakistan ain't winning any of these

Majority of the nation has a love affair with 1990 era batsmen like babar and rizwan in t20.

So just give Bobby captaincy back and let's get this over with.

If what above posters are saying is true then get ready to have no silverware..

give it to Rizwan. Babar is not a natural captain. Rizwan has the capability to lead from the front.

I will sincerely apologize to Mr. Naqvi if he takes this honest, correct and patriotic decision of reinstating Babar as all-format captain.

He is the only captaincy option - he is the best performing player within the team, he is the biggest star in the country by far, he has no fitness issues, he has no controversies and he is young enough to play for another 7-8 years.

Pakistan cricket needs Babar to captain in all formats for at least another 3-4 years before someone worthy emerges to replace him.

Shaheen is also a good option because he is number two to Babar in terms of all of the above except fitness. He needs to look after his body and his workload needs to managed properly which is why making him captain at this point might not be the best idea.

We will see a different version of Babar this time as he will have to blend with Imad and Amir. And the courage he's shown to say he wants the captaincy is noteworthy.

Bobby 2.0 !

And who are those reliable sources of yours are?
It is done - official announcement soon.

Babar Azam will be leading Pakistan in the T20 World Cup and will also be announced ODI captain before the next ODI series which is many months from now.

He will replace Shan Masood as Test captain as well but perhaps not right now. Shan is the worst batsman this country has ever seen and he will die his own death.

Shaheen Afridi has proved to be extremely selfless. The white ball captaincy was his property but he didn’t let his ego get in the way, and understood that the P0 for him is to focus on his form and fitness right now.

It is a blessing to have players and characters like him in the team.

If I was a Bobby fan, I'd rather have babar bat and not be under scrutiny.

All that'll happen is Pakistan will get badly butchered again, you'll get your wish and get nawaz and usama mir back,

Again I don't really see how this helps you?

If imad doesn't come back, then imad never gets into any crossfire, he gets to ride the wave of his 3 psl mom's and his performances in the 100, while Bobby gets butchered for the billionth time in the media and nawaz gets to be a joke again?

So don't get your why your so happy. I'm ecstatic and over the moon, Read my above comments I wanted this to happen, I always support Australia and enjoy Pakistan be humiliated in cups 😂.

Shaheen Afridi has proved to be extremely selfless. The white ball captaincy was his property but he didn’t let his ego get in the way, and understood that the P0 for him is to focus on his form and fitness right now.

It is a blessing to have players and characters like him in the team.

Not just him, credit also goes to Shadab and Rizwan. Boys are not selfish or hungry for power. They didn't let their ethnicity get in the way.

Afridi senior though is a different story, always playing politics with our cricket team. He should not be allowed any where near Pakistan cricket

Humiliation will be when we are knocked out of the t20 World Cup even before the super sixes

I’m honestly ok with Babar being captain. Let him expose himself even more so the Pakistan public can see him for the rubbish player he is

Humiliation will be when we are knocked out of the t20 World Cup even before the super sixes

I’m honestly ok with Babar being captain. Let him expose himself even more so the Pakistan public can see him for the rubbish player he is
@Rana @CerebralPatriot @topspin

No Babar, and the inclusion of imad and Amir would mean a step on the right direction and back to the 2017 days lol, He clearly doesn't want that lol

Not just him, credit also goes to Shadab and Rizwan. Boys are not selfish or hungry for power. They didn't let their ethnicity get in the way.

Afridi senior though is a different story, always playing politics with our cricket team. He should not be allowed any where near Pakistan cricket
Bro may I ask you something? Like genuinely?

Based of your above comments you claimed that PCB is pretty much a defunct board, and that Australians, England, India etc just have more players and a more competent board to select players like maxwell and Warner, 2 players that are well beyond every caliber imaginable compared to Pakistani batsmen and all rounders.

And that's why you're happy to settle with babar and rizwan.

So what are you even saying? That those boards will forever be above us and Pakistan shouldn't even compete? And be happy to settle with mediocrity and get butchered in cups?

I really don't get what your viewpoint or Mamoon's or even Major's viewpoint is.

If sarfraz wins a cup it's a fluke, if misbah or babar flunk a world cup, it's because those guys were either playing with a nothing team or the other teams were just too strong?

The arguments aren't consistent.

If I was a Bobby fan, I'd rather have babar bat and not be under scrutiny.

All that'll happen is Pakistan will get badly butchered again, you'll get your wish and get nawaz and usama mir back,

Again I don't really see how this helps you?

If imad doesn't come back, then imad never gets into any crossfire, he gets to ride the wave of his 3 psl mom's and his performances in the 100, while Bobby gets butchered for the billionth time in the media and nawaz gets to be a joke again?

So don't get your why your so happy. I'm ecstatic and over the moon, Read my above comments I wanted this to happen, I always support Australia and enjoy Pakistan be humiliated in cups 😂.
It is a lose-lose situation for Amir and Imad and it is beautiful to see.

If they play under Babar again, Babar will come across as the bigger man with the bigger heart who didn’t let his ego and personal differences get in the way.

Imad and Amir will have to put their heads down and respect his authority and take instructions from him. They will have tape on their mouths and will be forced to be quiet after speaking for a whole year.

Playing under Babar’s captaincy again is something that they and their cult fans never envisioned. It is stuff of nightmares but life comes at you fast.

They drove their agenda against Babar in the public for a year and took potshots at him but Babar never responded and never stooped at their life but now life has taken a new turn and Babar has emerged as the winner again.

@Dr_Bassim was right in pointing out the other day that some people are winners and some people are losers. People like Babar are meant to be winners - blessed with talent, hard work, character, fame, reputation, money and love while players like Imad and Amir are meant to be losers consumed by their own hate and bitterness who always find themselves in a situation where they come out on the receiving end.

I mean, what more needs to be said about Amir after he threw away his career for money and Imad had a golden chance to prove that he wasn’t dependent on Babar but flopped badly and got kicked out from the same franchise that he captained to a PSL trophy thanks to Babar.

Now that Imad seemingly got a new lease of life, life has thrown him an another curveball. Now he must choose between the embarrassment of playing under Babar and and the embarrassment of retiring again after a public announcement only a few weeks ago.

Amir and Imad were dreaming of playing the T20 World Cup under Shaheen’s captaincy and treating Babar with disdain and then retiring again but now they will either have to take orders from Babar or watch the World Cup from their homes.

He won’t have the last laugh brother

Just wait and watch.
It depends.

If he's a genuine babar supporter and swip swopped completly aka different time and place logic , then no he'll get humiliated and rag dolled.

But if his agenda is to bring babar back so he can make fun of Pakistan again like he was during the 2023 wc then yeah he'll probs laugh alongside us 😂😂.

@Rana @CerebralPatriot @topspin

No Babar, and the inclusion of imad and Amir would mean a step on the right direction and back to the 2017 days lol, He clearly doesn't want that lol.
If I were a Pakistan hater I would love to see Amir and Imad back. Having two expired players back in the team makes Pakistan worse than they currently are.

But I stand by people who act with grace, dignity and magnanimity and Babar has all those qualities that Imad and Amir lack in abundance.

It depends.

If he's a genuine babar supporter and swip swopped completly aka different time and place logic , then no he'll get humiliated and rag dolled.

But if his agenda is to bring babar back so he can make fun of Pakistan again like he was during the 2023 wc then yeah he'll probs laugh alongside us 😂😂.
Trust me bro, this will end in tears

You will see him turn on him too at some point

If they play under Babar again, Babar will come across as the bigger man with the bigger heart who didn’t let his ego and personal differences get in the way.

Imad and Amir will have to put their heads down and respect his authority and take instructions from him. They will have tape on their mouths and will be forced to be quiet after speaking for a whole year.

Playing under Babar’s captaincy again is something that they and their cult fans never envisioned. It is stuff of nightmares but life comes at you fast.

They drove their agenda against Babar in the public for a year and took potshots at him but Babar never responded and never stooped at their life but now life has taken a new turn and Babar has emerged as the winner again.

@Dr_Bassim was right in pointing out the other day that some people are winners and some people are losers. People like Babar are meant to be winners - blessed with talent, hard work, character, fame, reputation, money and love while players like Imad and Amir are meant to be losers consumed by their own hate and bitterness who always find themselves in a situation where they come out on the receiving end.

I mean, what more needs to be said about Amir after he threw away his career for money and Imad had a golden chance to prove that he wasn’t dependent on Babar but flopped badly and got kicked out from the same franchise that he captained to a PSL trophy thanks to Babar.

Now that Imad seemingly got a new lease of life, life has thrown him an another curveball. Now he must choose between the embarrassment of playing under Babar and and the embarrassment of retiring again after a public announcement only a few weeks ago.

Amir and Imad were dreaming of playing the T20 World Cup under Shaheen’s captaincy and treating Babar with disdain and then retiring again but now they will either have to take orders from Babar or watch the World Cup from their homes.

It's not as simple as you're making it out to be though, It's a lose lose for everyone my guy.

Amir and imad either won't play meaning babar will have to stick guys like nawaz and shadab and get humiliated again

Or if Amir and imad do play it's highly highly unlikely they'll just listen to babar given their past.

So babar is either playing with a bad team that'll get butchered again this cup or he's playing with a hostile team that isn't gelled and will get cremated at this cup.

It's not a win win for babar like you're making it out to be, no one benefits.

Pakistan is an ENTIRE TEAM, if they get butchered and Bobby is the captain it'll reflect so badly on him that his whole career will be in jeopardy afterwards.

No one will trust babar with the opening position or captaincy position ever again be it psl or World cups.

If I were a Pakistan hater I would love to see Amir and Imad back. Having two expired players back in the team makes Pakistan worse than they currently are.

But I stand by people who act with grace, dignity and magnanimity and Babar has all those qualities that Imad and Amir lack in abundance.
So let me ask you,

What exactly is your goal for Pakistan during this cup?

Is it for Bobby to lead the team to victory without imad and Amir and be the hero of the cup?

Or is it for Bobby to lead the team to victory with imad and Amir and be the hero of the cup?

Are you expecting Pakistan to do better or repeat an entire horror show of 2023?

If the last option happens it'll just put babar's career at jeopardy and he'll be mocked and disgraced and he'll start crying on TV live like he did in 2023.

What exactly are your expectations?

Cause our hopes and prayers are for Pakistan to either win, or go down fighting which hasn't happened since 2021.

@Mamoon

Just FYI, if babar fails this cup and fails as badly as he did in 2023,

Then don't come back and swip swop on me by saying different time and place.

Your words are that he's an improved captain, so hopefully for your sake you get your wish.

Imad and Amir get dropped and get replaced for nawaz and hasan Ali or any other fast bowler and Pakistan go down fighting. And Babar shows that he's a world class talent during this cup.

^^ This is what you want correct? So hopefully this happens for your sake.

Otherwise let's see, my hopes and prayers are for either Australia to win or Pakistan to win and as a true pakistani fan I will support my team if I have to, but my brain tells me it's not gonna happen and it'll go down the 2023 route.

@Mamoon

Just FYI, if babar fails this cup and fails as badly as he did in 2023,

Then don't come back and swip swop on me by saying different time and place.

Your words are that he's an improved captain, so hopefully for your sake you get your wish.

Imad and Amir get dropped and get replaced for nawaz and hasan Ali or any other fast bowler and Pakistan go down fighting. And Babar shows that he's a world class talent during this cup.

^^ This is what you want correct? So hopefully this happens for your sake.

Otherwise let's see, my hopes and prayers are for either Australia to win or Pakistan to win and as a true pakistani fan I will support my team if I have to, but my brain tells me it's not gonna happen and it'll go down the 2023 route.
@topspin

Since you keep a record of everything, make sure you bookmark this and spam it if he swip swops after the cup.

Let him have what he wants, Let's now hope imad and Amir leave, and that Bobby gets his own team and he can show his world class talent. That's what mamoon wants so he should get these terms.

Amir has nothing left to prove as his few performances are bigger than Babars entire career so far.

Imad will bowl economically at this T20 World Cup to cement his worth as a bowler.

The real pressure is on Babar.

He has to perform in batting to prove that he is not an average player who feasts on Junior Dalas and Richard Ngaravas and can actually make an impact against grade A bowlers.

He might have to captain again and prove that his captaincy has improved over the last 4 years and that his "Saim conjuring trick" was not just "a parlor trick" but was the real use of brain cells.

The way I see it, Amir and Imad have already established their legacy.

Babar is set to lose everything if he flops as captain and batsmen in the coming World Cup so good luck to your hero.

Even though I love Babar as a batter, and never want him to captain in any format, not because he doesn't have skills, but doesn't want him to be a victim of politics.

However, now it is almost confirmed he is going to lead again in T20WC so lets have a look at his previous outings as captain.

2020 T2WC: Semi Finalist (out of 6 games, just 1 loss, clearly one of the best team of the tournament). Not to mention beating arch rivals India first time ever in WC that too by 10 wickets.

2022 Asia Cup: Finalist (Again one of the best teams of the tournament, beating India too)

2022 T20WC: Finalist (May not have been one of the best teams in this tournament , but won crucial matches at the right time to land themselves into finals.

Now before 2021 t20WC, last time pakistan reached into semi final was in 2012, THAT IS EXACTLY 10 YEARS AGO. Got eliminated in league stages of 2014 and 2016 T20WC.

Wrt Asia cup, Before reaching into finals in 2022, Last time pak played final of Asia cup was in 2014, that is 8 years ago.

@mominsaigol

The number of times you have quoted and mentioned me in the last few mins shows how rattled you are.

Also - Nawaz is unlikely to play. He will be replaced by a specialist spinner like Abrar which is the right decision any way.

The likes of Nawaz and Imad should not be keeping specialist spinners out of the team.

As far as Shadab is concerned, I don’t like his batting and bowling but you have to admit that his fielding is top notch albeit a bit OTT at times.

Those 4 catches vs Zalmi won Islamabad the game. No other fielder in Pakistan holds onto all those four catches. At least two of them were serious grabs.

Shadab offers 100x more than Imad with his fielding and Imad offers very little over him, if anything, in other facets.

Shadab + a specialist spinner is the way forward. Not Shadab + Imad or Imad + a specialist spinner.

So no, it is not a lose-lose situation for everyone. Only for Amir, Imad and their supporters.

Amir has nothing left to prove as his few performances are bigger than Babars entire career so far.

Imad will bowl economically at this T20 World Cup to cement his worth as a bowler.

The real pressure is on Babar.

He has to perform in batting to prove that he is not an average player who feasts on Junior Dalas and Richard Ngaravas and can actually make an impact against grade A bowlers.

He might have to captain again and prove that his captaincy has improved over the last 4 years and that his "Saim conjuring trick" was not just "a parlor trick" but was the real use of brain cells.

The way I see it, Amir and Imad have already established their legacy.

Babar is set to lose everything if he flops as captain and batsmen in the coming World Cup so good luck to your hero.
Maybe PCB should hire Darren Sammy and not Gary Kirsten? Don’t think Kirsten will stand where the 12th man stands to spoon feed Babar information on the pitch

Back