South Africa vs Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Centurion | 15/3/13 | Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalhaSyed

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
So with rain interrupting play causing a large delay the games has been reduced to 44 overs and Pakistan need 192 to win the game and draw level in the 5 match series!

The Pakistani bowlers did very well over all - picking up wickets at regular intervals - however, now can the Pakistani batting back up the bowlers?

Who will be the key players on each side? What do you think the result of this game will be?

Bottom line - Pakistan need 192 to win in 44 overs at 4.36 rpo

Something wrong with D/L. Had SA not lost their 10th wicket, then South Africa's score would have been marginally increased to allow for the 'missed' 6 overs'.

By the same token, Pakistan have 44 overs to get the 192 runs, instead of 50 overs. Why is'nt the total of 192 runs decreased for Pakistan's taget due to Pakistan also 'missing' out on 6 overs?

Well i am scared ... I think wicket will down in 1st over .... Plz play sensible cricket !

Something wrong with D/L. Had SA not lost their 10th wicket, then South Africa's score would have been marginally increased to allow for the 'missed' 6 overs'.

By the same token, Pakistan have 44 overs to get the 192 runs, instead of 50 overs. Why is'nt the total of 192 runs decreased for Pakistan's taget due to Pakistan also 'missing' out on 6 overs?

Agreed

thats why they call it a messed up system..... hafeez and jamsheed to open.

Agreed ...

A lot will depend on these openers. They need to play out first 10-15 overs without losing a wicket. It would be hard. Here we go.

change of speed from steyn.... he is not going to lie down... hafeez wont be playing in this over...

single.....

Smith shouting so Hafeez is going to be in pressure

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The logic is, Pakistan knows in advance that they will be playing only 44 overs, so they can play according to the situation. On the other hand, till the rain delay, South Africa was planning their innings for 50 overs and not 44 overs.

If South Africa were playing entire 50 overs but got out in the 44th and then rain came and Pakistan's chase was reduced to 44, then the score would have been reduced

Hafeez wasted all the time in the world to just face one bowl

Beautiful drive by jamshed for no run

Nope, that's not how the d/l has to work in every situation. There is a certain cut off in terms of overs left, I can't remember the exact number but in this case the target would be 192 had SA been 191/1 - 191/9 or 191 ao.

Damn, Steyn only got 96 wickets in ODIs! :))

And some people rate him higher than Wasim!

Last edited:
they just showed steyn hammering hafeez in the test series.... and right now hafeez is not comfortable against steyn.

Some brave stuff from Hafeez coming out of the crease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back