Sri Lanka vs Pakistan | 1st test - Day 4 | Galle | 7/7/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
To the Pakistan team:
Your mission should you choose to accept it, is to get off to a decent start without loosing any wkt, say 40 or so runs and cruise to victory without any alarms or nail biting moments. This message will self destruct in 90 minutes and here hoping that you dont. This shouldn't be impossible.

50% chance MoYo will run out Butt and 50% chance Butt will run out MoYo = 100% certainty of a run out when these two are at the crease together !

Lets hope we can get to the target without any alarm bells!

However I just know for some funny reason that this won't be as easy as it looks!

what is the weather outlook? SL coach was hoping for some overnight rain etc... anything?

We should really make this target fairly easily. Have still got Misbah, Malik and Kamran to come in after these two and we all saw that Rauf can hang in there too if need be.

I am predicting a 6 wicket win insha allah!

I just wish Pakistan doesn't lose early wickets because Pakistan has a habit of collapsing and making a low target look like a difficult one.

We need Mohammed Yousaf to stay till the end and make sure Pakistan reaches the target,

kashif77 said:
50% chance MoYo will run out Butt and 50% chance Butt will run out MoYo = 100% certainty of a run out when these two are at the crease together !
:)) That's a genuine concern.

A positive way to look at the situation though is, they might 'understand' each other.

As in, goonge di ramaz noon goonga jaane

What's going on?

coverage hasn't started yet on cricinfo or anywhere else?

Rain?

Waqar asking for kaneria,s inclusion for 2nd test saying Saeed ajmal did ok but kaneria is a big player.
Do our ex players follow pakistan team or what kaneria averages 40+ in his last 10 tests and ajmal took 5 wickets on a wicket where their spinners struggled big time so far.
although waqar is my favourite but he is talking pure nonsense here.

Normally I am a fan of exciting Test cricket. Today though, I will make an exception. I will take the most boring win possible. :)

Momo said:
:)) That's a genuine concern.

A positive way to look at the situation though is, they might 'understand' each other.

As in, goonge di ramaz noon goonga jaane

I think they both dont like to run if they dont have to.

It was funny seeing Butt taking singles in Test cricket when I
have been complaining in this forum so long that he doesnt take singles after hitting a four so wastes balls in limited overs cricket.

God has given the batters bat to play the ball. The pads are there just to protect your legs if hit accidentally.

Misbah in, i don't like this approach

Last edited:
The Curse of The Left Arm Spinner strikes again.

Wanna win against Pakistan - just play 4 left arm spinners :31: :31: :31:

Salman Butt loses his head.

Hopefully it was his last innings.

haha so did Butt saab played his last inning for pakistan?

trying to be aggressive and he gave it away..

Guys we have lost the game. Its the Australia kind of game... and we have lost it.

kashif77 said:
The Curse of The Left Arm Spinner strikes again.

Wanna win against Pakistan - just play 4 left arm spinners :31: :31: :31:

Can Mendis bowl with his left arm as well ?

I know he's real versatile .. considering our weakness perhaps he should give it a try ?

and u call salman butt a "senior" batsmen?? a wicket just fell and u play that shot?

If we lose this I would blame YK as he is the only batsman we have who plays well chasing ppl like butt are not good enough mentally simple as that and M yousaf the class act he is has not won enough games his talent merited.

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
wow tragedy...i can't believe we came out like tests are a joke

test are so much fun.....always like them and always willl...

weve got a real challenge up ahead! i dont think we can win in this session!

saeed-sohail said:
If we lose this I would blame YK as he is the only batsman we have who plays well chasing ppl like butt are not good enough mentally simple as that and M yousaf the class act he is has not won enough games his talent merited.[/QUOTE]

oh dear lets not even go there...

and now Malik goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back