Sri Lanka vs Pakistan | 1st test - Day 4 | Galle | 7/7/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does sanga has everyone on the boundry...he should bring them in...lol

Rikshaw on sale outside ground...man MYK should buy it for Butt and let him ride home

Wassixpakistani said:
How can anyone CHILL in a situation like that ? I'm getting Jolts of Electricity down my spine watching this match

There's a lot of time for your team mate. The batters at the crease just need to be patient - block the good balls and put the bad ones away. No need to smash it around, they have HEAPS of time.

lalaji said:
i think Iqbal deserve better...

whats the point of picking him for every test series and then not give him a chance in a single match?

If you were given a choice to pick between Razzaq and Iqbal then who would you pick ?.
A guy who's won matches for pak many times with both bat and bowl or A guy who's below average in most of his matches and can't play swing

I just woke up I nearly had a heart attack! What happened to us!

OZGOD said:
There's a lot of time for your team mate. The batters at the crease just need to be patient - block the good balls and put the bad ones away. No need to smash it around, they have HEAPS of time.

You expect the tailender's to play Mendis :6:

y are all of u behing the oppeners.....u see 36 runs stand in Pakistan's second innings was the best oppening stand of this match..... our middle order lost its track to bring PAkistan team to this situation..... and if Pakistan team need a change then replace Misbah-Ul-Haq with any batsman or even Abdul Razzaq......Misbah-Ul-Haq has always shown to pressurize the Pakistan when Pakistan team needs him most....a run out...huh!....he always has a different style to get out........ in t20 wc it was Misbah-Ul-Haq who caused Pakistan to lose the match from sri lanka in super stage.....and there are a lot of other examples as well....

azfar wali said:
Kamran Akmal can open, he has done it before in a test match

Wassixpakistani said:
If you were given a choice to pick between Razzaq and Iqbal then who would you pick ?.
A guy who's won matches for pak many times with both bat and bowl or A guy who's below average in most of his matches and can't play swing

i would still pick Iqbal....i think he hasn't been given a fair chance....

Razaq can come in place of Malik since he doesn't bowl really anyway, and he is not that good of test batsmen in first place...

Fawad should come in place of Manzoor and Iqbal for butt..

we got 4 seamers with Razaq and 2 spinners with Fawad and SA/danish

GLORY OF '92 said:
What's our strategy right now? Just survive and eek out the runs?
i think they wana atleast get to the 100 before getting out so atleast the defeat wont sound that bad..

hahahaha, i'm trying not to bang my head against the wall by laughing

An expensive over.

Our team surely likes to give the crowd value for their money.

I think it is a plan by :ibutt to increase the TV Ratings on the fourth day and prove to the ICC that people still watch test cricket ;-)

well Mendis got a wicket, this was expected from him against the tail.

Probably might not even score 100.

Rauf needs to farm the strike now. he is the only one decent enough to play the spinners.

lalaji said:
i would still pick Iqbal....i think he hasn't been given a fair chance....

Razaq can come in place of Malik since he doesn't bowl really anyway, and he is not that good of test batsmen in first place...

Fawad should come in place of Manzoor and Iqbal for butt..

we got 4 seamers with Razaq and 2 spinners with Fawad and SA/danish

hmmmphhh.........Well Malik hasn't been performing with the bat lately so yeah I think Iqbal should come in.

Kamran Akmal
Faisal Iqbal
Misbah-ul-haq
Younis khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Abdul Razzaq
Fawad Alam
Abdur Rauf
Umer Gul
Mohammad Amer
Saeed Ajmal

I would take this line-up for the 2nd test

What exactly happened to the pitch overnight?

It was alright on day 3.

This is unreal.

I've lost over an hour's sleep watching this - And now want to go back to sleep but cant afford to do so! Arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh!

Guys Remember Wasim and Waq saving us winning us that test match ?

remember inzi wining against Aus with mushy...i know we dont have anyone like inzi left ot bat but i still have hope

Wassixpakistani said:
hmmmphhh.........Well Malik hasn't been performing with the bat lately so yeah I think Iqbal should come in.

Kamran Akmal
Faisal Iqbal
Misbah-ul-haq
Younis khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Abdul Razzaq
Shoaib Malik
Abdur Rauf
Umer Gul
Mohammad Amer
Saeed Ajmal

Shoaib Malik is far better choice than Fawad Alam. He has experience of these turning tracks and he has played Murali before and mendis as well.

I will blame this collapse totally on Butt.
The shot he played...................that reminded me of the batting collapse that happened in the AUS / Pak series triggered by Misbah.

Wassixpakistani said:

Kamran Akmal
Faisal Iqbal
Misbah-ul-haq
Younis khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Abdul Razzaq
Fawad Alam
Abdur Rauf
Umer Gul
Mohammad Amer
Saeed Ajmal

that was my line up too..but i would open with Fawad and Iqbal...i have full faith in those two that they can't be any worst than butt and manzoor...

even the way Aamir is playing, he will do better than Butt pappu

OZGOD said:

OK Gul's out, you guys are basically farked I think. :(

lalaji said:
Guys Remember Wasim and Waq saving us winning us that test match ?

remember inzi wining against Aus with mushy...i know we dont have anyone like inzi left ot bat but i still have hope
yeah i still have hope that we'll win the 2nd test

you guys are sick... BuTT is the most reliable batsmen in the current era.. he just needs sometime and YK should have faith in Butt... thats not me folks that was Ramiz Raja yesterday... Butttt ka buhhhhhhhhhaaaaattttttttt baraaaaaaaaaa paaaawwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaa hai. I wonder kiska :s

WithLoveFromCanada said:
Shoaib Malik is far better choice than Fawad Alam. He has experience of these turning tracks and he has played Murali before and mendis as well.

ohhh come now , sure Malik can play spin but so can YOUSUF,MISBAH and YOUNIS and RAUF , besides IT AIN'T THE SPIN THATS CAUSING PROBLEMS.Right now Fawad will be a better choice since he's well in-form and Malik ain't

chill79 said:
you guys are sick... BuTT is the most reliable batsmen in the current era.. he just needs sometime and YK should have faith in Butt... thats not me folks that was Ramiz Raja yesterday... Butttt ka buhhhhhhhhhaaaaattttttttt baraaaaaaaaaa paaaawwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaa hai. I wonder kiska :s

Butt is clean shave, he speak good eng and he is from lahor...aik dum chikna...aur kya chaye?

Cricinfo commentary

Mendis to Mohammad Aamer, 1 run, Aamer gets forward and bunts it through cover for a single

Mendis strikes with his first ball. The camera just panned to Shoaib Malik who's reading Fun-day. Haven't heard of it before, but couldn't help but notice the irony

.. if it means anything to u guys

Wassixpakistani said:
ohhh come now , sure Malik can play spin but so can YOUSUF,MISBAH and YOUNIS and RAUF , besides IT AIN'T THE SPIN THATS CAUSING PROBLEMS.Right now Fawad will be a better choice since he's well in-form and Malik ain't

exp ko kya sath lay kar jaye ge?

lalaji said:
that was my line up too..but i would open with Fawad and Iqbal...i have full faith in those two that they can't be any worst than butt and manzoor...

even the way Aamir is playing, he will do better than Butt pappu

Fawad and Razzaq would make a deadly lower order , since pakistan batting collapses more than often these days thats why i will have fawad along with razzaq come bat in the lower order

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
yk nowhere to be seen on the balcony
he must be smoking weed or drinking liquor to stop him from committing suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back