Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi elected unanimously and unopposed as the PCB's 37th Chairman

Will Mohsin Naqvi end up as a successful Chairman PCB?

• Total voters
Board mulls relocation of offices to Cricket House

In a strategic move aimed at optimizingS resources and enhancing operational efficiency, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is contemplating relocating its headquarters offices from Gaddafi Stadium to the Cricket House building in Lahore.

According to sources, the proposed shift comes as part of a broader restructuring plan, wherein the existing offices situated within Gaddafi Stadium are earmarked for conversion into hospitality boxes.

Under the envisaged plan, only the offices of the Chairman and essential operational staff would remain operational within Gaddafi Stadium premises. Additionally, it has been decided to relocate the museum of the Pakistan Cricket Board from its current location within the National Cricket Academy.

The museum is expected to be relocated to a public venue to facilitate broader public access and engagement with cricket heritage and memorabilia.

SOURCE: The News International

PCB to pick best performing players of PSL 9 for training camp

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Mohsin Naqvi on Friday said the players who gave the best performances during the Pakistan Super League season 9 would be incorporated into the fitness and training camp.

Ahead of the New Zealand tour, names of Pakistani cricket players were contemplated during a meeting of board's officials presided by Naqvi at the PCB headquarters in Lahore. Chief Selector Wahab Riaz, PCB Chief Operating Officer Salman Naseer, the director international cricket and other authorities attended the meeting.

New Zealand team will visit Pakistan in April for a five-match T20I series, starting on April 18, ahead of the ICC T20 World Cup that begins in June.

The PCB chief directed to select players on the basis of merit and their performances. Naqvi said even his own recommendation should not be accepted in the selection of players for the camp.

“The players selected on merit and performance have the ability to produce good results,” he said in the meeting that reviewed selection of players for the training camp.

The chief selector submitted a report about the bowlers and batters who gave stellar performances during the recently concluded season of the league.

GEO TV

Chairman PCB assigns revenue generation task to Directors​

Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi chaired an important meeting of all PCB Directors at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore in order to review and plan revenue generation. All the Directors also briefed the chairman regarding the working of their respective departments.

Other agendas also involved HBL PSL promotion strategy and deliberation over a Women’s T20 League in Pakistan. COO PCB Salman Naseer and Commissioner HBL PSL Naila Bhatti also attended the meeting.

The Chairman had extensive discussions with all the Directors, including Commercial and Marketing, of the PCB and demanded a thorough revenue generation plan for the Pakistan Cricket Board in the coming times. The Chairman instructed the Directors to formulate a viable and productive plan to increase the revenue.

The meeting participants also keenly deliberated over the plans and strategies for the inaugural women’s T20 league in HBL PSL style. Upgrading training facilities to a world-class standard at the National Cricket Academy for both Men and Women players was also brought to the discussion.

Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi: “A comprehensive plan must be put in place at all administrative levels to promote cricket country-wide and to uphold the standards of the game being one of the prominent cricketing nations.

“The PCB must be made a leading institution for facilitating players of all ages, backgrounds and areas. I want to streamline the working of the board and get rid of administrative issues that lead to a decrease in productivity of the board and its employees.”

PCB

To be honest, I've never seen any PCB chairman work as actively as he is currently.

To be honest, I've never seen any PCB chairman work as actively as he is currently.

This is Mohsin Speed in action. Am hoping he is successful. The PM offered that he step down from the PCB but Naqvi said No, I have a lot of goals and ambitions to fix things in the PCB and Pakistan Cricket

This is Mohsin Speed in action. Am hoping he is successful. The PM offered that he step down from the PCB but Naqvi said No, I have a lot of goals and ambitions to fix things in the PCB and Pakistan Cricket
so after Shahbaz speed it is Mohsin speed now?

Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi interacts with media in Lahore​

Chairman PCB Mr Mohsin Naqvi held a press conference on Sunday afternoon, at the headquarters of Pakistan Cricket, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore. During the press conference, the chairman announced that the selection committee has been reorganised. Four members of the new selections committee – namely, Asad Shafiq, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Yousuf and Abdul Razzaq – were also present at the press conference.

“We have reorganised the selection committee. It will comprise seven members, and each will have equal power. There will be no Chief Selector so that there can be healthier debate. Each of the member selected to be part of the committee have been thoroughly deliberated upon. Four former players, the captain and head coach will also be part of the committee. A data analyst will also sit on the committee. There will be coordinators too, but they will not have voting power.”

“The selection committee will make all the decisions going forward. I have conveyed that the chairman will not be involved in any decisions regarding the selection. I back this selection committee and believe that they will produce desirable results.

He also talked about finalising a panel of coaches, who would be working closely with the selection committee, “We will be sending some players to the PMA Kakul camp which I believe would have positive impact of the physical fitness of our players, as well as the team bonding. We are currently also working on finalising coaches. We will confirm the news whenever the time comes as I do not believe in making premature statements.

“We will have a panel of coaches, that will be permanent. We will make use of players sitting in the selection committee as well, like Mohammad Yousuf is currently attached with the Men’s Under-19 team. I believe that people who understand our current crop of players – their strengths and weaknesses – should be employed to make sure we extract the most from our national team.

“The matter of captaincy is being deliberated upon. I believe that the captain is the selection committee’s prerogative. They are working on it and I am sure they will finalise their decision after the camp is completed. But once the captain is finalised – whether it is Shaheen Shah Afridi or someone else – we will stick by him for a long time. No matter what the results are on the field, the selection committee will be held accountable. If the captain does not have a say in the team, you cannot hold him accountable as he leads the team. Same with the head coach, because he has to run the dressing room.”

When asked about Imad Wasim’s decision to take back his retirement, the chairman said, “Our focus right now is the World Cup and his inclusion makes the team stronger. We have not discussed NOCs with him but we want him to play for the country. It will be the same for the rest of players. As for Haris Rauf, there was some misunderstanding. His contract has been reinstated and we are currently working on his injury. He is our star player and we have to look after him.

“There will be no relaxation on NOCs. We will follow policies as per the contracts. No player will be exempted. We will not be paying heed to any lobbying.”

Talking about PCB’s finances, the chairman said, “Whatever profit we make, should be invested back in cricket. Securing coaches and solving current problems should be priority and that’s what the money will be used for. The money will 100 per cent be used for the betterment of cricket in this country.

“I will exercise the powers given to me by the constitution. As far as the team is concerned, progress takes time. I am looking at long-term goals. You cannot expect everything to change overnight. We will do our level best and work very hard, but the results are up to God.”

When asked about the expansion of HBL PSL, the chairman said, “We want to launch the Women’s league and we have also started talking about expanding HBL PSL. We have discussed the possibility of having eight teams.”

Addressing the Champions Trophy scheduled for next year, he said, “We are planning to host the Champions Trophy in Pakistan and we will leave no stone unturned for it. We discussed the matter during the recently held ICC meeting in Dubai, where we reiterated our commitment towards hosting the event. The ICC team is reaching Pakistan today. We will be collaborating with them. The three stadiums- Lahore, Karachi and Rawalpindi- are being readied for Champions Trophy. We will then upgrade venues in Quetta and Peshawar too.

The chairman also emphasised upon the need to separate politics from cricket as he explained that boycotts hurt the economy of the country. When asked to share about his plans for women’s cricket, the chairman said he does not want to make false promises. He reiterated that the board is working on plans for women’s cricket and whenever something is concretised, the announcement will be made.

PCB

After a long time, I think we saw a press conference from PCB that made sense and addressed some valid issues.

After a long time, I think we saw a press conference from PCB that made sense and addressed some valid issues.
He’s done a great job so far

Looks like a man on a mission. Not interfering in the playing matters but addressing so many issues in regards to the infrastructure that enables proper cricket to be played

According to media reports, senior players of the Pakistan cricket team are seeking a meeting with PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi. They aim to address past communication gaps with the board and advocate for player involvement in selecting the selection panel. Despite the PCB's lack of consultation with national players on this matter, they express openness to foreign coaches, drawing from their positive experiences in international cricket and foreign leagues.

According to media reports, senior players of the Pakistan cricket team are seeking a meeting with PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi. They aim to address past communication gaps with the board and advocate for player involvement in selecting the selection panel. Despite the PCB's lack of consultation with national players on this matter, they express openness to foreign coaches, drawing from their positive experiences in international cricket and foreign leagues.
Source?

Players want a say on who should be in the selection panel? Absolutely not. Player power needs to be limited and restricted.

Yet another case of blessing your close ones.

-----------------------------------

Former caretaker minister now a selector

A former member of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Mohsin Naqvi’s cabinet — when the media mogul was caretaker chief minister of Punjab — will carry out the role of a data analyst in the national selection committee.

Bilal Afzal, an electrical engineer and an MBA graduate by qualification, has found himself among Pakistan’s former Test cricketers Asad Shafiq, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Yousuf and Abdul Razzaq, and will make decisions over the national side’s selection matters.

Pakistan’s next captain and the teams new head coach — both yet to be appointed — will be Bilal’s colleagues on the committee as well.

According to a PCB official close to the situation, Bilal is a “data-driven professional”.

“We never followed any procedure to appoint anyone as selector,” the official said. “It is the chairman’s right to appoint anyone.”

Bilal is not “anyone”. The former caretaker minister of Punjab for three portfolios — environment protection, forest wildlife and fisheries and planning and development — is the son of another ex-caretaker minister Sohail Afzal, a close friend of influential businessman and politician Mian Amer Mahmood.

According to his LinkedIn profile, Bilal is a group director of the Punjab Group, a well-known venture of Amer. Bilal, however, hasn’t ever been involved with cricket, at least at the top level.

On the selection committee as a data analyst, he will be assisted by Hassan Cheema, who has been appointed as an ex-officio member on the basis of his team strategy and data analysis experience with Pakistan Super League franchise Islamabad United.

Hassan was also part of the selection committee during Najam Sethi’s reign as the PCB’s interim Management Committee chief under chief selector Haroon Rasheed.

SOURCE: DAWN​

So much for Naqvi saying he would stay out of selection or captaincy appointment matters.

So, they actually meant “all nonsense” when they said “no nonsense” to describe Naqvi.

I haven’t seen a chairman do this much damage in a space of 2 weeks than the damage this guy has done. Egg on the faces of those praising this appointment - bunch of fools.

But what can you expect from an appointee of “government” formed by a mishmash of washed up, tainted, tried and tested, and failed politicians.

The country is being run by dogs and so is its cricket. What a mess

Dude, please stop with this cringe. Mohsin Speed? Come on. He’s no savior of Pakistan cricket and this is not a Bollywood drama - “Mo,
I have a lot of goals and ambitions”

He’s just another political appointee, gifted this job for the role he played during election in Punjab.

The recent captaincy crises has all but put this fake stature in the bin.

Dude, please stop with this cringe. Mohsin Speed? Come on. He’s no savior of Pakistan cricket and this is not a Bollywood drama - “Mo,
I have a lot of goals and ambitions”

He’s just another political appointee, gifted this job for the role he played during election in Punjab.

The recent captaincy crises has all but put this fake stature in the bin.
When life gives you a MOHSHIN , make it a Khan not a Naqvi.

So, they actually meant “all nonsense” when they said “no nonsense” to describe Naqvi.

I haven’t seen a chairman do this much damage in a space of 2 weeks than the damage this guy has done. Egg on the faces of those praising this appointment - bunch of fools.

But what can you expect from an appointee of “government” formed by a mishmash of washed up, tainted, tried and tested, and failed politicians.

The country is being run by dogs and so is its cricket. What a mess
PCB in chaos, players faction getting created. Shaheen and Babar gang developing their own groups to dictate the team.

He is like PM of Pakistan right now, but lets see how the team does in the WC, if they perform criticism will vanish if not he will get a lot of it.

According to media reports, PCB has purchased a multi-storied building near Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore for PKR 4 billion, aiming to address the long-standing issue of accommodation for local and international cricketers.

The construction of a multi-storied building very close to Gaddafi Stadium had raised concerns from PCB due to security reasons. Legal disputes also arose, leading to a halt in construction work during this period. The builder, who had also taken money from people for flats, offered to sell the building to PCB when he encountered difficulties.

While the National Cricket Academy (NCA) provides quality accommodation facilities, the number of rooms available is not sufficient for teams to stay together. Consequently, PCB also plans to construct a hotel near the National Bank Stadium in Karachi, mirroring the facilities available in Lahore.

According to media reports, PCB has purchased a multi-storied building near Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore for PKR 4 billion, aiming to address the long-standing issue of accommodation for local and international cricketers.

The construction of a multi-storied building very close to Gaddafi Stadium had raised concerns from PCB due to security reasons. Legal disputes also arose, leading to a halt in construction work during this period. The builder, who had also taken money from people for flats, offered to sell the building to PCB when he encountered difficulties.

While the National Cricket Academy (NCA) provides quality accommodation facilities, the number of rooms available is not sufficient for teams to stay together. Consequently, PCB also plans to construct a hotel near the National Bank Stadium in Karachi, mirroring the facilities available in Lahore.

Interesting.. so they’re going to convert this building into a pseudo 5-star hotel purpose built only for visiting teams? Might not be that bad of an idea, perhaps it can be used as a hotel when teams aren’t touring to provide another revenue and cost recovery vehicle. If anything, it would alleviate the security costs and road closure issues for Lahoris. Same with Karachi I suppose.

Good move. Finally some good news from the incompetent clowns

Interesting.. so they’re going to convert this building into a pseudo 5-star hotel purpose built only for visiting teams? Might not be that bad of an idea, perhaps it can be used as a hotel when teams aren’t touring to provide another revenue and cost recovery vehicle. If anything, it would alleviate the security costs and road closure issues for Lahoris. Same with Karachi I suppose.

Building, renovating and maintaining a hotel is no joke. Will the PCB be responsible for all this? Can they afford this? PIA had to sell Roosevelt hotel in New York because it was proving to be a burden, exchange on the exchequer.

Building, renovating and maintaining a hotel is no joke. Will the PCB be responsible for all this? Can they afford this? PIA had to sell Roosevelt hotel in New York because it was proving to be a burden, exchange on the exchequer.

I highly doubt they have thought that far ahead. This is Mohsin speed at work, don’t think just do!

As per media reports, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi has requested the list of the employees who were recruited on the basis of political affiliation in the board. And has also asked for the current posts and salary details of such individuals working inside the board.

As per media reports, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi has requested the list of the employees who were recruited on the basis of political affiliation in the board. And has also asked for the current posts and salary details of such individuals working inside the board.

Is it the Lack of self awareness or the sheer dishonesty- i think the latter

Last edited by a moderator:
Mohsin Naqvi seeks PCB employees’ list recruited on ‘political basis’

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Mohsin Naqvi has sought a list of employees who were recruited on the basis of political affiliation in the board, ARY News reported on Sunday, citing sources.

Besides seeking employees list, sources told ARY News that the PCB chairman also asked for the current posts and salary details of such individuals working for the board.

Sources added that education credentials of all those who were recruited “without rules and regulations” will be checked. Meanwhile, the process of making the list has already started and important decisions can be expected by next week.

ARY News

So much for I will not interfere in the team's affairs and will strictly focus on administration matters.
That was a facade. Just like the government he's part of. He made that statement so he cannot be considered accountable for the Cricketing results on ground. But he will most definitely be taking the credit if Pakistan goes onto win the WT20 lets say.

He will be having his cake and eat it too. A very shrewd politician.

The PCB chairman, Mohsin Naqvi, addressed the following during today's press conference:

Q: Regarding construction of stadiums

Mohsin Naqvi: We were collaborating with Pakistani companies for design. But expertise regarding construction of stadiums, which we require, Pakistani companies lacked. It is causing a delay of 1 to 1.5 months. We have now contacted international companies and posted advertisements. One company has approached us itself, and there are 3 to 4 companies specializing in stadium design and construction. Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore has a design problem, spectators are seated far from the field when they should be closer.

Q: Regarding statement of India captain Rohit Sharma related to Pakistan-India Test series:

Mohsin Naqvi: Our focus is entirely on the Champions Trophy 2025. Our schedules are fully packed until the Champions Trophy, there is no available slot for any other commitments until then. Once India visits Pakistan for Champions Trophy 2025, InshaAllah, we will discuss potential proposals.

Q: Regarding PSL Window for 2025

Moshin Naqvi: Our team has already commenced negotiations with franchise owners. The schedule of the PSL will be announced within 30 days, in consultation with them.

Q: Regarding Appointment of Head Coaches and Appointment of Vice Captain:

Mohsin Naqvi: Interviews for head coaches are currently underway.

We are in discussions with selectors regarding the vice-captaincy, and a decision will be made and announced before our next series.

The PCB chairman, Mohsin Naqvi, addressed the following during today's press conference:

Mohsin Naqvi: We were collaborating with Pakistani companies for design. But expertise regarding construction of stadiums, which we require, Pakistani companies lacked. It is causing a delay of 1 to 1.5 months. We have now contacted international companies and posted advertisements. One company has approached us itself, and there are 3 to 4 companies specializing in stadium design and construction. Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore has a design problem, spectators are seated far from the field when they should be closer.

Q: Regarding statement of India captain Rohit Sharma related to Pakistan-India Test series:

Mohsin Naqvi: Our focus is entirely on the Champions Trophy 2025. Our schedules are fully packed until the Champions Trophy, there is no available slot for any other commitments until then. Once India visits Pakistan for Champions Trophy 2025, InshaAllah, we will discuss potential proposals.

Moshin Naqvi: Our team has already commenced negotiations with franchise owners. The schedule of the PSL will be announced within 30 days, in consultation with them.

We are in discussions with selectors regarding the vice-captaincy, and a decision will be made and announced before our next series.
This is the same geezer who told us a coach / coaches would be appointed in 10 days about a month ago.

Give me a break.

So, Babar will be our captain regardless performances. Heard lots of good things about the guy but sounds like fake propaganda spread by his party people. A total unfit for the big job.

Mohsin Naqvi: Our focus is entirely on the Champions Trophy 2025. Our schedules are fully packed until the Champions Trophy, there is no available slot for any other commitments until then. Once India visits Pakistan for Champions Trophy 2025, InshaAllah, we will discuss potential proposals
Yeah right !

In the remote chance the Indian Govt greenlit an India-Pakistan bilateral series, the PCB would clear the entire frickin' year of scheduling to ensure that series was played.

People are being robbed at gun point, PK is going through a crime wave (a 100 cars were robbed in Sialkot a couple days ago in one go), our soldiers are being killed on a weekly basis on the border but apparently this clown thinks he has time to run the cricket board. What is happening to PK?

Last edited by a moderator:
During today's press conference, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi said:

"I haven't added anything to the team based on my desires; instead, I have delegated all my selection powers to the selection committee. Now, people will ask me about the appointment of the Vice Captain, and I have also given this power to the selection committee. I want to deliver these powers to them because I believe they should belong to professionals."

"As far as foreign coaches and local coaches are concerned, that's why we have made a combination. Of course, we have talent, but for instance, take medical sciences; we are lagging behind. Now, there is a fitness issue, so why is it? Because we are lagging behind."

"The aim is to identify our shortcomings and rectify them. By bringing in the best talent available, we seek to enhance the team's prospects."

Back