Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh | Only Test | Harare |Aug 4-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be a close fight among the two hard working teams. Let's go Bangladesh.

Zimbabwe playing Test after six years, they have a strong side this time also good some good match practice against a strong Australia A and South Africa A. They are well prepared, everything depends on one man's shoulder for Bangladesh.

Oh my Abdur Razzak the chucker selected and they dropped Big Z, big big mistake :facepalm: also nazmul not picked what a shame, I would have selected big z instead of imrul and nazmul for rabiul

Last edited:
This is going to be a boring match...*yawns*

It will be but cricket needs teams like BD and Zim to flourish well. IMO ICC should import some players from SA to play for Zimbabwe.

@ Match: BD won the toss and shall bowl first. But why the hell they chose to bowl first on such a flat track??

It will be but cricket needs teams like BD and Zim to flourish well. IMO ICC should import some players from SA to play for Zimbabwe.

@ Match: BD won the toss and shall bowl first. But why the hell they chose to bowl first on such a flat track??

we don't have :sachin our team can collapse in any pitches

Taylor said he would have fielded first as well, as there are grass visible on the pitch. But pitch seems very flat at the moment or our bowlers just can't swing it.

Ok robiul is getting some movement but getting thrashed too, I am going to bed after sehri, night/morning all.

we don't have :sachin our team can collapse in any pitches

Taylor said he would have fielded first as well, as there are grass visible on the pitch. But pitch seems very flat at the moment or our bowlers just can't swing it.

You may not have :sachin but you have Tamim iqbal. I am sure this pitch should have suited him more with the ball coming on to the bat on the first day. Mind it that this track shall become difficult to bat later on. Also BD has got decent spin attack which would've came handy bowling 2nd.

All said, I hope it's a good game.

P.S: Managers of BD and ZIM should travel to SA and have a meeting with recruiting agents by the time this game ends:nasser

I guess this will give some fans an early look at Pakistans next opponents!

I wouldnt be surprised if Zimbabwe spring an 'upset'

....and suddenly Zimbabwe look tough, given squad :)

Zimbos are doing really well.

My money is on Zimbos to win.

Bdesh bowlers look hopeless and the only wicket that fell was a fluke.

Zimbabwe 112/1

They will be happy with that start!

Interesting to see Ray Price playing test cricket again, I love his wicket celebrations and he's a pretty good bowler. Good for him.

Zimbos on top.

One more strong session for Zimbos then they will have this match in total control.

Bangladesh just don't seem to be able to pick wickets!

Interesting to see Ray Price playing test cricket again, I love his wicket celebrations and he's a pretty good bowler. Good for him.

Yes, I rate him very highly. Not getting any younger though...

If Bdesh loose to Zimbos then it will be disappointing.

Fact is that Bdesh should beating Zimbos easily bit this isn't the case so far.

Zimbo batsmen don't even have proper cricket equipment - I remember Harbhajan buying them bats. So far so good for Zimbos.

Shocking to see Bangladesh's career bowling averages.

Awesome stuff from Zimbabwe. What an Entry. Bangladesh should be really ashamed if they end up even drawing this match. Playing test cricjet after 6 years ...with not even Decent ODI games in between for them. On top of that huge financial problems where players are not even payed well... I hope Zimbabwe wins this.

Awesome stuff from Zimbabwe. What an Entry. Bangladesh should be really ashamed if they end up even drawing this match. Playing test cricjet after 6 years ...with not even Decent ODI games in between for them. On top of that huge financial problems where players are not even payed well... I hope Zimbabwe wins this.

Bangladesh choke under pressure, if Zimbabwe score enough runs expect them to win.

Zimbos should be looking at 500 with the start they have got here on day 1!

Zimbabwe 264/2

I agree with this. Fantastic comeback from Zimbabwe and I hope they are successful.

Just not against us ;)

if bangladesh lose this game, i say revoke their test status.

well done, zimbabwe. 264/2 is impressive.

if bangladesh lose this game, i say revoke their test status.

well done, zimbabwe. 264/2 is impressive.

I say even Draw. People site example that India did not do much when it entered. and say its okay. ..times are different..it was pre/early post independence(bangla was part of india then)..struggling times financially. Ireland have developed cricket with out even fan support..bangladesh has crazy cricket fans like in india and pak. Bangladesh played..may be closed to 100 tests already and achieved significantly nothing. And honestly, I do not exactly see any improvement as a team either. Shakib and tamim are only world class produced...I would like Bangla to do well..its good if one more team joins the list of big teams. But its just not happening...264/2 against a struggling cricketing nation entering cricket after 6 years...88 all out against WI at their home.

Full credit to Zimbabwe,magnificent recovery,precisely why Pakistan cannot underestimate them.

as we have seen previously with india that u can not build succesful test sides around spinners , u need quality fast bowlers to win matches , india only started winning when they started producing a few trundlers starting with kapil dev , pakistan was lucky in that they had fazal mahmood who helped them win at the oval on their first tour, so the bangla boys need to find quality pacers inorder to compete as for now they have shown no progress whatsoever and r basically a bunch of softies who lack fighting qualities, they need to change their whole approach to the game, there culture is a bit too laid back , they need to show a bit of fire and agression , producing a tearaway quickie wud b a good start:akhtar

I wonder how many people actually watched the match. Yes Bangladesh bowled poorly but there is absolutely nothing in the pitch. If the ball is pitched up the batsman can place it for a boundary anywhere he wishes. The outfield is ridiculously dry and the ball travels very quick. That's why the bowlers resorted to a defensive line and length. A bit too defensive for my liking. Still can't understand why Shakib chose to field. I think the grass fooled him. If the conditions remain the same Bangladesh too should dominate with the bat and the match'll end as a draw.

I wonder how many people actually watched the match. Yes Bangladesh bowled poorly but there is absolutely nothing in the pitch. If the ball is pitched up the batsman can place it for a boundary anywhere he wishes. The outfield is ridiculously dry and the ball travels very quick. That's why the bowlers resorted to a defensive line and length. A bit too defensive for my liking. Still can't understand why Shakib chose to field. I think the grass fooled him. If the conditions remain the same Bangladesh too should dominate with the bat and the match'll end as a draw.

It was a good pitch BAN players couldn't pitch the ball at the right areas.

after 10 or 15 overs The Capitan brought him self :yk

Cause haterz goona hatez. Until I see BD batsmen's inning its still unknown whats really going on...Whether Zimbos are really doing well or Bangladesh sucking big time. For all we know Zimbos could have purposely prepared a concrete road (looks that way), to at least draw the only test match.

Well done Zimbabwe, I'm defo supporting them. Seems like Zimbabwe would excel in cricket much quicker than Bangbros once their country, board and infrastructure get back into shape. They definitely have the talent.

Markhor Full credit to Zimbabwe,magnificent recovery,precisely why Pakistan cannot underestimate them.

And yet look at the team that Pakistani selectors selcted for the tour :facepalm:

I guess we were not watching the same game. The pitch was lifeless.

first 4 over from Shafiul Islam were maiden and lots of movement for other players too, first hour the pitch was perfect to fielding side .

BAN players start giving short and wide balls and got smacked for 4.

They should have just ball wicket to wicket to stay on target

BAN players dont have the temperament for test cricket :afridi

after Zim reached 60 i stopped watching it, because it was one sided game

watching this test is like very very slow death of cricket..

Haha the Bangladeshi chose to bowl haha. And their fast bowlers average more then 70+ mashallah.

Good start by Zimbabwe. What it would be if they win by an inning!

Quite a day for Zimbabwe on their return to the Test match fold. They should look to score 400+ to really put the tigers under pressure.

Zimababwe won the test, Innings defeat coming up, why did they pick this idiot Robiul, he was hopeless against England, and now against Zim he bowls 2 good balls and 4 boundary balls. :facepalm: Zim batsmen have more patience than bd batsmen

Day 2 - I think we'll bounce back, everything depends on how Tamim and Ashraful bats, we'll bounce back. :afridi

I don't know If I'm going to watch this match today, yesterday I fell asleep, thats why there were no updates from me lol.

I am just checking the scorecards, the quality was very poor. After watching England vs India, i don't feel like watching this series, also our bowlers are plain rubbish averaging 80+ in tests :facepalm: only shakib has a decent average but.... i'll just check scorecards, waiting for the 3rd Test

In the end , the experience of BD players will prevail. Its a match to be played over 5 days, one bad session and Zim will lose this test. And that session will never be very far away due to ZImbabwe's obvious lack of experience.

But they have made a strong start and it was great to see their young batsmen batting so well.

For me, BD made a blunder by bowling first on this track. This pitch will get slower and lower with the game and batting will be difficult later in the match. BD should have batted first and piled up a decent score. They have the spinners to do the job but they would've been more effective on 3rd or 4th day.

Zimbos need to up scoring rate, get 500 runs on board and declare and but some pressure on Bangla batsmen!

It has gone quiet here. :) It is a no-win situation for Bangladesh they can't lose to Zimbabwe, and if they win it's only Zimbabwe. Nonetheless a good comeback from the bowlers. Should look to knock the Zimbos out for under 400.

No DRS, i believe

and they haven't showed any of the bowling speeds during the time I've watched the game, so I guess no speed gun either..

thanks,

i didn't mean DRS..i meant hawk eye just for tv viewers

don't even see that

Lost 8 wickets for 66 runs!

Most wickets were thrown away by hitting ball way out side the off stump .... which could have been easily left alone.

Brian Vitori. Let's see what all the hype is about.

now you know :D

Tamim Iqbal and Imrul Kayes both out within 10 overs of the innings..

BD 38/2

Vitori 2/19 in 6 overs, what a start to his international test career. :14:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back