1st Test - England v India, Lord's

Tendulkar walks out with a Lords high score of 31...a good opportunity for England to have India 3 down by tea.

Whippy said:
Tendulkar walks out with a Lords high score of 31...a good opportunity for England to have India 3 down by tea.
how many tests he had played in lords so far???

From Cricinfo: :)))

"The Wall? More like a balsa wood fence in a hurricane," chirps a nameless staff member.

Though Dravid is my favourite Indian player.

I'm not sure how many tests Tendulkar has played at Lords. I would like to know because a top score of 31 is shocking, especially for him.

Whippy said:
Sidebottom is bowling like a god. Collapsing from 218-1 to 298 is hilarious though.

"Pakistani" one will say.

Next session will decide the direction of the game. With the sun out, India has a chance to end the day on top. If England take a few more wickets and keep the score down, then they're in a good position. It's even now...Should be a good session. Lets see who wants it more.

MIB said:
how many tests he had played in lords so far???

3, first one was when Gooch and co. filled their boots in 1990. Most memorable thing Sachin has done at Lords is take a magnificent running catch one handed just inside the long off boundary in the same game.

More dropped Gooch in the 30's off've Sanjeev Sharma and boy did he make them pay, today Jaffer's been dropped early by the keeper too, will he do something similar?

Last sessions gonna be very absorbing, looking forward to it!

Muhammad said:
3, first one was when Gooch and co. filled their boots in 1990. Most memorable thing Sachin has done at Lords is take a magnificent running catch one handed just inside the long off boundary in the same game.

More dropped Gooch in the 30's off've Sanjeev Sharma and boy did he make them pay, today Jaffer's been dropped early by the keeper too, will he do something similar?
IIRC that was on the 1996 tour :13:

Ding-ding: Tendulkar's drawn level with Steve Waugh, and is now third in the all-time list of run-scorers, with 10927. Congrats :14:

42 runs after 20 overs.

That's the difference nowadays with the Indian batting line-up; theres no-one around who'll take the game to the bowlers, and away from the opposition team. Dhoni, of course, knows no other way and thats what makes him dangerous down the order. But the top and middle order batsman will never take the bowling on.

Tremlett to Tendulkar, FOUR, overpitched down leg stump, Tendulkar turns it through square leg and Sidebottom's despairing dive cant stop it, the batsman goes past Waugh on that run-scorer's list

India made mistake droping Shewag for the likes of classic flat track bullies Kartick and Jaffer.

:)):))) :)))

What happened here?

How did so many wickets go down so fast?

:))) @ both these teams...

Osman said:
monty will be celebrating in similar fashion when he dismisses sree santh :D
I think monty wont be too silly like that on taking a tail ender wicket

Sachin has played and missed a bunch of times; had inside edges on to the pad; had a very close lbw appeal turned down: It looks like fortune is favoring him and the Indians.

Missed all the action today - must watch highlights on 5. Typical for us to collapse though.

Actually, that last delivery from Collo was 78. I doubt Gangulys faster than that

England 298
India 71/2 (28.0 ov)

*SR Tendulkar (rhb) 24
W Jaffer (rhb) 33

Another very close lbw appeal turned down, this time against Jaffer. That looked out. India getting all the breaks here...

I know that SRT doesn't bat any where near as well as he use to but considering his overall career i think he deserves to be on that honor board.

Jaffer edges one over first slip. Lucky boy there but the 50 partnership.

Monty Panesar, England's most experienced Test bowler in this match!!!

S Tendulkar* 34(70)

tendulkar on his highest score in lords.............

The 100 is up for India now!!!

India in much better position now from early slump..

siddharth said:
Thank God ,now certain PPers can start breathing ......They were holding it for some time.

lol watch out for the potential Sachin bashing threads in the next few days!

Rudra Pratap Singh, right handed bat, comes to the crease

Night watchman...

:))) What a showing from India! 142/4 in 55 overs at 2.5 rate!

Against Hoggard, Harmison, and Flintoff, NO WAIT! They're not playing! More like Sidey Sidebottom...

:)))

Mo. said:
The fact that you think Sree "shades" Gul (or is it "crap all over him" - make up your mind) makes your argument lose all credibility

Yes actually I did make a mistake by putting Gul with losers like Rana, Shabbir and Sami since Gul is much better them them so yes the comment should have been like Sree craps all over Rana, Sami and Shabbir.

On the whole I still feel Gul is a bit inferior to Sree.

siddharth said:
Why Pakistanis just get upset if an Indian bowler gets one or two wickets .Why all this he is average ,sort of comments.Shows u guys, lack of confidence in urself .If he is capable ,he will last otherwise he will not .No need of such knee jerk reactions .

Regarding abt India's performance ,well our batsmen will suffer in these condition ,thats for sure.

Exactly. Cricket is an entertainment, If a centain individual is performing well and your team is not involved in that game then just enjoy the entertainment that he is providing rather then hope that he fails.

As for the game I think it was a dire effort by India with the bat, they allowed the English bowlers to dominate hopefully this experiment of opening with Karthick will be shelved soon.

ok not bad boys...we need some good knocks from Gangu, Dhoni, and Lacchu and we should be good...only 150 runs behind and if we get 400 we should be good

Tupac said:
ok not bad boys...we need some good knocks from Gangu, Dhoni, and Lacchu and we should be good...only 150 runs behind and if we get 400 we should be good

Only if Laxman gets going I dont expect much from Dhoni and Dada.

Already not bad, we struck like India did near the end of the day. Good fightback from us, and now we just need ot get out Gangs and Dhoni out early. Laxman cannot bat fast with the tail.

Amir said:
Already not bad, we struck like India did near the end of the day. Good fightback from us, and now we just need ot get out Gangs and Dhoni out early. Laxman cannot bat fast with the tail.
:)) I think Hash deserves a special award for coining this "we" term.

Anyways a good day of cricket, i think it's about even but if i had to pick one team i would ENG are slightly ahead
so 52-48 ENG.

Things about even I think. India might argue that they're a touch ahead with their wickets in hand but given how the pitch played today I'd say that England will be happy to have runs on the board, even if it's not as many as they'd hoped for.

All of England's seamers bowled well today which is very encouraging given their lack of experience. I've seen English attacks bowl a lot worse and pick up more wickets than they did today..

RAAARRRGH! TREMLETT CRUSH!

77773.gif

I still heavily fancy the draw here. The pitch is pretty flat, both teams will rack 'em up in their second dig. Game's about even at the minute. India are scoring too slowly really to trouble England though.

Back