3rd ODI: SA v Pak [Port Elizabeth] - Pak Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Yousaf falls then Afridi should come in next. if Malik falls then Mahmood should come in.

Yousuf has a job on his hands, Pakistan are expecting him to bat until the end.

Amir said:
Excellent idea. We need someone to sheer the ship to allow Afridi and Razzaq to explode and Azhar probaly has tehbest techinque amongst pacers out of those three.

azhar has a good head on his shoulders, i think he can thrive on responsibility

Waqar's inswinging yorker said:
i'm liking the running between the wickets!

What running? we scored 13 runs in 7 overs :p

i think its the weather that is causing the probs. its absolutely cloudy. no sun at all.

Amir said:
Excellent idea. We need someone to sheer the ship to allow Afridi and Razzaq to explode and Azhar probaly has tehbest techinque amongst pacers out of those three.
spot on...plus he is an excellent player of pace and that's all S Africa have(pace bowlers)

azhar has a good head on his shoulders, i think he can thrive on responsibility

Exactly and he has done this role for Surrey often so he will have expierence. I can see Razzaq swinging at a wide one and Afridi just hitting it straight up in the air.

We need these two to go at around 3-4 an over for about 10 overs and then open up as the firepower is available for the end 10-12 overs.
Yousuf needs to stay if we are to go up to anything defendable.
Rotating the strike is important. No need for big shots for now.
Razzaq or Azhar can maybe come in earlier if a wicket falls early now.(InshaAllah would not happen).

If these two do bat for a while you can bet that there will be plenty of singles and twos.

Good comeback by SA .. Very professional ...Quality ODI side on current form

84/4 after 25

Time for Afridi to come in and score 300* off 50

Amir said:
What running? we scored 13 runs in 7 overs :p

valid point! but i was looking at past 4 overs since malik arrived - still only 10 odd runs but takes time for a batsman to play themselves in but he and moyo have done a good job running.

Moyo hits it over long of for 4. Lovely.

84/4

It looks like a pretty flat track. And to be honest you need atleast 250 to compete. Scoring at 200 will not do us any good. These guys need to rotate the strike more. Finally a four. We need atleast 160 MINIMUM at 40 overs and even then...it will only be a ocmpetitive total

anyone notice that all 3 matches cricinfo has been mainly making comments about pakistan

finally a comment about Sa comes

Pieter shifts the debate to SA. "Why the Proteas ever want to drop Andrew Hall out of their team is beyond me. He always produces when it counts and maybe Nel's untimely injury is a blessing in disguise."

Justin Kemp coming into the attack..

Moyo should stay postivie and keep the attack goin, keep playing risk free shots.

Malik glances it down to 3rd man for a single.

Amir said:
It looks like a pretty flat track. And to be honest you need atleast 250 to compete. Scoring at 200 will not do us any good. These guys need to rotate the strike more. Finally a four. We need atleast 160 MINIMUM at 40 overs and even then...it will only be a ocmpetitive total

we know that on a good day for razzaq/afridi/mahmood - we can look at 110/115 in final 10 overs so yes i would agree with you 150/160 at 40 overs mark inshallah

XFactor said:
Is it my TV or has it become somewhat dark over there?
is it RCA TV from 28 years ago?
there are clouds and chances of rain at night

Malik takes two, since he has come in the strike has been rotated nicely.

These two need to bat till 40 th over ..and then let Razzak , Afridi and Mehmood go all out in last 10 overs

CrickFan said:
Willing to stick my neck out - Saffies have this match in their pocket ..

well, all im going to say in response is that batting second on this pitch will be harder, pitch seems a little slow, batting second under lights plus the fact that atmospheric conditions wont help with batting

Probably been discussed in the thread earlier, but Akmal should not open when Nazir is in the side- two aggressive openers is just not the right balance and Malik or Hafeez need to open with Nazir.
Inzi should rest for the next two matches and let Malik & Hafeez both play at 2 & 3 so that we can decide on the one to play as the other opener later.

TheSaint said:
Probably been discussed in the thread earlier, but Akmal should not open when Nazir is in the side- two aggressive openers is just not the right balance and Malik or Hafeez need to open with Nazir.
Inzi should rest for the next two matches and let Malik & Hafeez both play at 2 & 3 so that we can decide on the one to play as the other opener later.
Inzi has done NOTHING which warrants him a rest. He has to play in the remainder of the series to get into some sort of form before the WC.

This pitch does seem slower than the one in the previous game, so 240 would normally be a very defendable score, although you dont really know with Razzaq and Rana not in great form

6 runs off kallis' over - great job! need more of that! no risks taken

The perfect over. We should be aiming to have 180 at 40 overs.

Inzi should rest for the next two matches
Inzi could have rested today but resting next two matches and the coward thread will come up and some ex-player(s) will also write articles about it

12thMan said:
Inzi could have rested today but resting next two matches and the coward thread will come up and some ex-player(s) will also write articles about it

i think he knows what is best for his game and am confident he will get his game in order for the wc

What sort of target should we be looking at, i think 230 would be good.

Usman said:
Inzi has done NOTHING which warrants him a rest. He has to play in the remainder of the series to get into some sort of form before the WC.
Inzi can always do with a bit of rest :D .
He is certain to play in the WorldCup and we need him to rest his back which is apparently not too good at present and him resting, will atleast enable us to try out the fringe players. Form is temporary and he will get it back anytime- more time in the middle will not help him- he has not been rusty or out of practice.

qasam khuda ki kia team hai ek din cheetaay ek din ... kia bola jai

that wat u get with pak

99/4

6 off the over again! good stuff from moyo and malik

We don't want any risky cricket. Just good overs like this where were keeping the scoreboard ticking nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back