Abbottabad Falcons v Lahore Lions | Group A | Faysal Bank T20 | Lahore | 10/10/10

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The second match in the ongoing Faysal Bank Cup sees the Falcons take on Lahore Lions.

The Lahore team boast a powerful squad with the addition of Abdul Razzaq again and their batting lineup looks quite possibly the strongest in the competition.

Lions should win this match comfortably, but you never know.

Watch out for Yasir Shah and Junaid Khan for the Falcons. Two cricketers who are definitely knocking on the door of international selection.

Oct 10, 2010 (16:00 local, 11:00 GMT)

Abbottabad Squad

Yasir Shah (c) Wajid Ali (vc)
Adnan Raees Ahmed Jamal
Ahmed Said Fawad Khan
Jahangir Shah Junaid Khan
Khalid Usman Kurshid Anwar
Mir Azam Mohammad Kashif
Nabeeullah Nasir Khan
Nadeem Akhtar Sajjad Ali
Almar Afridi Asif Ali

Lahore Lions Squad

Mohammad Yousuf (c) Aamer Sajjad
Abdul Razzaq Adnan Rasool
Ahmed Shehzad Aizaz Cheema
Imran Ali Mohammad Hamza
Nasir Jamshed Raza Ali Dar
Shabbir Ahmed Sulaman Qadir
Umar Akmal Wahab Riaz
Azhar Attari Kamran Akmal
Adnan Akmal Asif Khan
Mohammad Irshad Tanzeel Altaf

lets see what is the hype about Yasir Shah and Junaid Khan

I hope LL bat first, dont want to see them chasing a modest total

Did Akmal get dropped from the ODI side or is he injured?

If dropped its a baffling decision, yet again.

Did Yousuf play for Lahore Lions last year as well? Or was it for Lahore Eagles?

This is what I am interested in seeing, given LL have such a strong batting line up.

Keen to see Nasir Jamshed play.....

I think Yusuf played for Islamabad last year with Shoaib Akhtar and Azhar Mahmood but not 100% sure.

Watch out for Aizaz Cheema again who was the best bowler in the tournament last year.

I have a link but i'm not sure we're allowed to post them here.

I think we can only pm the admin team

Hype, thats a word you are using.

I said they are 2 cricketers knocking on the door of international selection, as both have been in the "A" squad for a while. Nobody said they were the next Wasim Akram and Shane Warne :)

Jamshed was one of my favourite players. It was a shame that he was dropped when he was doing so well, only to accomodate his partner Butt jr. :47:

He needs to work on his fitness thou

MAiden over by junaid khan against nasir jamshed who is an explosive batsman

Good start by Junaid Khan, to bowl a maiden in T20 is indeed a good effort.

Junaid Khan bowled a very good maiden first over there...he's listed as medium fast but he does look quicker than that imo.

Short and wide outside the offstump and Ahmed shehzad slams it to the fence for 4!

Hype, thats a word you are using.

I said they are 2 cricketers knocking on the door of international selection, as both have been in the "A" squad for a while. Nobody said they were the next Wasim Akram and Shane Warne :)

Well, I've used that word as I havnt seen them live in action. Their stats are brilliant no doubt but I need to watch them play to make a better assessment. I wasnt replying to you in particular, it was a general comment as these two are rated very highly here by PPers

Looking forward to this contest :)

I hope shehzad performs well in this domestic team he is a good player .......

Junaid got some massive inswing last over, lets see how he goes against the righty

Jamshed plays a short arm pull shot...not too far away from the fielder that one!

one question? why are the crowds so poor in pak t20? sorry i haven't really followed the rbs/faysal before, just wondering?

Junaid Khan has figures now of 2 overs 4 runs and 0 wickets so far that is not a bad start at all and that too in T20!

Thanks to Allah. now there is no U.fone Sponsorship on every Team's shirt

The other bowler is struggling though...over pitched and Jamshed drives through the line 4...just as i speak...Jamshed smacks a SIX!

Nasir jamshid, ahmad shehzad and Junaid khan my most favourite domestic players :)

Junaid looks a fine fine prospect. I hope he gets bundle of wickets here as unfortunately, our selectors will be checking the scorecards only

Back