Arsenal FC | 2023/24 Season

United have been awful in last 4 years and still Arsenal have messed up game after game away at OT. Spurs thats their cup final on Sunday.

But it's 1 game at a time and got to beat Chelsea 1st.

Chelsea are unbeaten in 8 in pl, 17 goals in the last 5 matches. If they make it into a derby , we could see over 4 goals tonight . Arsenal want a more organised game & should get over the line. Also the home fans need to be patient esp if Chelsea score first , you keep the home crowd quiet in a derby , confidence is yours to win well .

For a neutral this should be a good watch .

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can see the flaws in his logic.
He's talking nonsense as usual.

These are his gems from earlier in season.

If havertz fails it don't matter, other players have as well.

Then after we lost in Cup to Liverpool

Oh it doesn't matter that havertz misses sitters, as rest of team does as well..

Now all of sudden its all because of havertz that rest of team has been scoring..

Over hyped garbage as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not nearly as talented or gifted as Arshavin but Trossard has done way more than Arshavin did for Arsenal since he has joined

Not nearly as talented or gifted as Arshavin but Trossard has done way more than Arshavin did for Arsenal since he has joined
He's a quality player, glad we signed him as he was a player that I was asking for to signed a while ago.

Wth was havertz doing there 🤦‍♂️ just shoot

Poor defending that by Tomi, could easily of cost a goal. Can't fall asleep on crosses like that

Should be 2-0 havertz misses, then a deflected cross and good save from keeper

Chelsea still creating chances, while Arsenal being wasteful at other end

If Jackson had a decent touch game would be 1-1

Very poor defending from Arsenal in this half

Lucky game is still 1-0

HT 1-0

Arsenal need 2nd goal in 2nd half to kill game off

Some of parteys passing has been insane. When he's fit, he is quality

Chelsea look dangerous, should have scored at least one . Strange as they are bullied in midfield. Partey & Rice have been solid . Arsenal not pressing allowing them unwarranted possession.

If Arsenal take it to them it’s easy 2-3 goal win . Trying to defend , Chelsea can steal a point .

Chelsea look dangerous, should have scored at least one . Strange as they are bullied in midfield. Partey & Rice have been solid . Arsenal not pressing allowing them unwarranted possession.

If Arsenal take it to them it’s easy 2-3 goal win . Trying to defend , Chelsea can steal a point .
Arsenal giving Chelsea to much space out wide on turn overs. Then also falling asleep on crosses. Chelsea used same tactics vs man city at weekend.

The number of chances Arsenal had game should have been out if sight. 1-0 is never enough

Jackson showing why he's worst striker in PL, he makes nunez look world class

I can’t recall Arteta winning any PL title. Oh of course he competes , others prefer to win sliverware .

5 matches to go , do you have a prediction yet ? Arteta to lift the PL title ?

Chelsea tonight , the London rival has been poor this season but playing better recently. Points dropped is possible here . But at home going for title , shouldn’t happen

My prediction 2-1
Pathetic prediction as usual.

@Amjid Javed and @topspin owned by Havertz again. :klopp

Are you an Arsenal supporter or just a Havertz fan?

Why would I be owned? I support Arsenal and actually go to matches. What do you do? Watch it in some cave in Peshawar?

Credit where due. Superb second half display after a poor first half performance.

But I still maintain that Arsenal still need a proper CF who can score 20+ PL goals in a season. Havertz ain't that guy.

Are you an Arsenal supporter or just a Havertz fan?

Why would I be owned? I support Arsenal and actually go to matches. What do you do? Watch it in some cave in Peshawar?

Credit where due. Superb second half display after a poor first half performance.

But I still maintain that Arsenal still need a proper CF who can score 20+ PL goals in a season. Havertz ain't that guy.
He was in his cave at end of last season 🤣.

But but I was busy and had no Internet connection in my cave..

This is a guy who thinks Arteta is better then GG and wenger. Guy has no clue on this clubs history

Pathetic prediction as usual.

You don’t under football , it can be different if chances are taken . First half was even but Arsenal came out with intent in 2nd half , how challenges should do :wenger

Good win , now surely you’ll jump off your rassi fence & back your fan team to win the title ?

You don’t under football , it can be different if chances are taken . First half was even but Arsenal came out with intent in 2nd half , how challenges should do :wenger

Good win , now surely you’ll jump off your rassi fence & back your fan team to win the title ?
If understanding football looks like what you demonstrate, then I'm happy that I don't get it.

0% ball knowledge.

When he was playing as a number 8 for the first half of the season he was garbage and those points lost before January will be the reason why Arsenal will most likely fall short of winning the PL.

Let me remind you again, please do not forget to look in the mirror before you utter zero ball knowledge. Do not forget when I drove you out of this thread when everyone was laughing at all your gems, which continue to grow on a weekly basis.

Another virtuoso display by Odegaard, another man of the match award, but James Maddison is better. :ROFLMAO:

Arsenal cooked Chelsea in the first half too. Only difference was they they didn't put the chances away. You don't have a clue what "even" means.

-100% ball knowledge right there.

When he was playing as a number 8 for the first half of the season he was garbage and those points lost before January will be the reason why Arsenal will most likely fall short of winning the PL.

Let me remind you again, please do not forget to look in the mirror before you utter zero ball knowledge. Do not forget when I drove you out of this thread when everyone was laughing at all your gems, which continue to grow on a weekly basis.
I can feel the pain and embarrassment in your words. Havertz is crap, Trossard is poor when he starts, Odegaard is mediocre, the list goes on and on. Ignorance is not a bliss.

Arsenal cooked Chelsea in the first half too. Only difference was they they didn't put the chances away. You don't have a clue what "even" means.

-100% ball knowledge right there.

Chelsea could have & should have scored 2-3.

But you’re shy in giving predictions , understandably when your Arsenal winning was bottled but new beginnings …

It’s time all the praising of Arteta is backed by a prediction, does he win the league or not ?

The coward will sit on the fence like he has all season. I bet if you asked him to stake his PP membership on backing his so called team to win title from here, he would chicken out.

Everyone knows he's not man enough to do that 🤭

I can feel the pain and embarrassment in your words.

@Amjid Javed was right, all you do is copy and paste. Is your vocabulary so limited?

Havertz is crap, Trossard is poor when he starts, Odegaard is mediocre, the list goes on and on. Ignorance is not a bliss.

Just remember, you got laughed at again and owned so bad, you didn't even have the courage to address my first response.

Go back to your cave.

@Amjid Javed was right, all you do is copy and paste. Is your vocabulary so limited?

Just remember, you got laughed at again and owned so bad, you didn't even have the courage to address my first response.

Go back to your cave.
🤣🤣 awesome response.

This is a guy who thinks Arteta is better than GG, also that's GG cudnt do when this so called cone distributor can do

Just shows how clueless this guy is when it comes to clubs history

But you’re shy in giving predictions , understandably when your Arsenal winning was bottled but new beginnings …

It’s time all the praising of Arteta is backed by a prediction, does he win the league or not ?

Prediction

1) he won't be giving any
2) he won't apologize like he said he would mid season
3) he will ge on cricket forum hiding again all summer, like end of last season

I can feel the pain and embarrassment in your words. Havertz is crap, Trossard is poor when he starts, Odegaard is mediocre, the list goes on and on. Ignorance is not a bliss.

Just a kind reminder that none of your gems on Arsenal related threads have been forgotten. The question is which one takes the cake?
  • nIcOlAs PePe Is OnE oF tHe HoTtEsT aSsEtS iN eUrOpE
  • tItLe Is In ThE bAg
  • mItoMa > mArTiNeLlI
  • Cheerleading for medicority such as Zinchenko
  • Against West Ham - ZiNcHeNkO dId OkAy
  • I wIlL bE hApPy To Go InTo NeXt SeAsOn WiTh HaVeRtZ aT cF
  • Arteta > Wenger and GG
  • I oWn ThIs SpAcE aNd ThErE iS nO oNe ThAt CaN mAtCh My InTeLlEcT

Prediction

2 and 3. He'll be driven out of here again for sure :ROFLMAO:

Taking over Arsenal when they were rock bottom - ✔️

Taking over Arsenal when Pep’s FFP cheats were at the peak of their powers and Liverpool were having their best ever period in the PL era - ✔️

Managed to turn Arsenal into title contenders after spending less money than Chelsea and United and even City who already had a world class squad when Arteta took over - ✔️

Arteta is a miracle worker and no one else, including AW and GG or any other contemporary manager would have done any better in these circumstances.

Just a kind reminder that none of your gems on Arsenal related threads have been forgotten. The question is which one takes the cake?
  • nIcOlAs PePe Is OnE oF tHe HoTtEsT aSsEtS iN eUrOpE
  • tItLe Is In ThE bAg
  • mItoMa > mArTiNeLlI
  • Cheerleading for medicority such as Zinchenko
  • Against West Ham - ZiNcHeNkO dId OkAy
  • I wIlL bE hApPy To Go InTo NeXt SeAsOn WiTh HaVeRtZ aT cF
  • Arteta > Wenger and GG
  • I oWn ThIs SpAcE aNd ThErE iS nO oNe ThAt CaN mAtCh My InTeLlEcT
I took you to school over Pepe and Zinchenko in the Arteta thread (post 928) and you still haven’t responded.

Please sit down.

Prediction

Please quote the post where I promised to apologize if Arsenal don’t win a trophy this season. I have asked you this four times already. Are you going to bottle it the fifth time too?

Taking over Arsenal when they were rock bottom - ✔️

Taking over Arsenal when Pep’s FFP cheats were at the peak of their powers and Liverpool were having their best ever period in the PL era - ✔️

Managed to turn Arsenal into title contenders after spending less money than Chelsea and United and even City who already had a world class squad when Arteta took over - ✔️

Arteta is a miracle worker and no one else, including AW and GG or any other contemporary manager would have done any better in these circumstances.
First 2 are the same.

Less ticks.

📸

What a performance by Odegaard. Honestly even if I didn't support Arsenal I'd watch this guy week in week out.

The best performance I've seen from him this season. Deserved his MOTM award.

So good to watch. Not a stat padder but just a wonderful wonderful baller

Delivered with 2 x assists but his all-round game play as you say was worth more than those stats. I hope we see the same from him against during the NLD.

So let's deal with facts

Arteta (before he took over)
Average league position of club (5 seasons) - 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 5th average position 5th)
Last trophy - 3 seasons before
Last final - 1 season before
Title race - 4 seasons before
Last league title - 16 years

Wenger (before he took over)
Average league position of club (5 seasons) - 4th, 10th, 4th, 6th, 5th average position 6th)
Last final - 2 season before
Title race - 6 years
Last league title - 6 years

GG (before he took over)
Average league position of club (5 seasons) - 5th, 10th, 6th, 7th, 7th average position 7th)
Last trophy - 7 seasons before
Last final - 6 season before
Title race - 15 years ago

So facts are (not fictional statements) - that GG took over Arsenal in a worse state then Arteta. Yet a poster wants to throw around the words "Rock bottom"

Facts both wenger and GG took over teams with worse average league position (5 years) than Arteta

"Only Arteta could have cleared up such a mess" Let's deal in facts, rather than non-factual (lies)

Learn your clubs history, before making up nonsense and then adding pathetic ticks next to it as some sort of validation.

Wenger was up against fergie, GG up against Liverpool. So all this Arteta is up against Pep is all relative to each era.

It's about time your make believe statements got called out.

@MK7Z @topspin @KingKhanWC @Kroll - you can see this poster being exposed for what he is.

I'm interested to know if @Amjid Javed would rather arsenal win the league under Arteta, or be proved right about Arteta.

I make Arsenal favourites right now as they are more likely to win their remaining games then the other two.

And what an amazing achievement it would be.

I don't understand how you can be so close and still not be able to get fully behind Arteta

What a performance by Odegaard. Honestly even if I didn't support Arsenal I'd watch this guy week in week out.

So good to watch. Not a stat padder but just a wonderful wonderful baller
I enjoyed it yesterday. The guardian described it like " being hounded to death by a poet". Wonderful description of how Chelsea must have felt.

I'm interested to know if @Amjid Javed would rather arsenal win the league under Arteta, or be proved right about Arteta.

I make Arsenal favourites right now as they are more likely to win their remaining games then the other two.

And what an amazing achievement it would be.

I don't understand how you can be so close and still not be able to get fully behind Arteta
I support Arsenal FC, not "get on your knees and worship arteta FC"

This club was here before Arteta and will be after.

People need to stop dry humping the manager like he's best manager in history of the game

So let's deal with facts

Average league position of club (5 seasons) - 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 5th average position 5th)

Average league position of club (5 seasons) - 4th, 10th, 4th, 6th, 5th average position 6th)
Title race - 6 years

GG (before he took over)
Average league position of club (5 seasons) - 5th, 10th, 6th, 7th, 7th average position 7th)

So facts are (not fictional statements) - that GG took over Arsenal in a worse state then Arteta. Yet a poster wants to throw around the words "Rock bottom"

Facts both wenger and GG took over teams with worse average league position (5 years) than Arteta

"Only Arteta could have cleared up such a mess" Let's deal in facts, rather than non-factual (lies)

Learn your clubs history, before making up nonsense and then adding pathetic ticks next to it as some sort of validation.

Wenger was up against fergie, GG up against Liverpool. So all this Arteta is up against Pep is all relative to each era.

@MK7Z @topspin @KingKhanWC @Kroll - you can see this poster being exposed for what he is.

To be honest I don't pay attention to those posts and other posts that take pops at each other. I'd rather enjoy the win to be honest.

I enjoyed it yesterday. The guardian described it like " being hounded to death by a poet". Wonderful description of how Chelsea must have felt.
Honestly I was in awe of his performance. To be honest the games which we have lost he has not been bad either. Was majestic in the 1st half vs Villa and the 2-0 defeat to West Ham he was on it but we could not finish. He was even MOTM vs Bayern at the emirates.

For some reason people have personal agenda's against him. I find it odd as we are blessed to have such a baller. I still believe people watch football using stats rather then their eyes.

I know @Geordie Ahmed enjoyed that performance by him!

A little bit on the game.

It was noticeable what Partey brings to the team. It enables Rice and Odegaard to push even more forward. Partey is press resistant and is brilliant at receiving the ball from defense and half turning or the little dummy.

We were a bit more open because Rice pushed forward.

I think he needs to start the last few games. Maintains his fitness and we will be in a better place. Jorg has done well but Partey just brings something else to our midfield.

Martinelli really is in bad form. Should have scored his 1 v 1 so not sure what to do with him as against spurs high line his pace would be a killer if he found his mojo again.

In theory we are at the stage where our goal difference is worth a point now. So City draw 1 game and we are leading the race again.

Spurs will be difficult - they will be up for it and Maddison, Romero Bissouma will be kicking for as long as they can get away with it.

We are the better team there is no doubt but in NLD form doesn't really matter.

So let's deal with facts

Title race - 6 years

GG (before he took over)

Brilliant post.

I've been sitting in the Arteta In camp up until now but I find the blind cheerleading nauseating.

We've seen some progress, for e.g. beating Chelsea 5-0 was unthinkable during the Pandemic, which wasn't that long ago but at the same Arteta has made some rookie mistakes. The biggest one was him buying Havertz to start as a number 8 (as a Xhaka replacement) in the first half of the season. I believe this the biggest reason as to why Arsenal will most likely fall short of winning the title. Too many points were lost prior to January.

Most recently against Villa, he made 3 x blunders:
  • Started Zinchenko at LB
  • Didn't learn from his mistake and started Havertz to play the number 8 role
  • Started Jesus as a CF
As soon as the line-up was announced, I knew Arsenal were going to have an uphill task.

Arteta's lack of rotation and player development (particularly of squad players) leaves much to be desired.

@MK7Z @topspin

NLD form goes out of window, but usually it favours the home side. Yes we won their last season.

Spurs like to play a high line, pressing game which can play into Arsenal's hands if they are to reckless. At Same time if spurs get the sort of chances thar villa / Chelsea got against us they could punish Arsenal.

6 clean sheets in a row away from home is excellent, but this is where if Arsenal want to go up a level this has to be the game. Arsenal haven't won a big game away from home this season in PL

Chelsea (D) Liverpool (D), Man city (D), Newcastle (L), Villa (L)

The lack of goals and goal threat in these away games was a huge issue. Yes it's great to be solid defensively. But Arsenal will need to decide are they going to spurs to stifle them and try and nick a win. Or are they going to play a basketball type game and make it a shoot out.

1978/79 - last time Arsenal won away to spurs and united in same season.

Every PL winning side makes a statement win, this is where you find out how much a team wants a title

Brilliant post.

I've been sitting in the Arteta In camp up until now but I find the blind cheerleading nauseating.

We've seen some progress, for e.g. beating Chelsea 5-0 was unthinkable during the Pandemic, which wasn't that long ago but at the same Arteta has made some rookie mistakes. The biggest one was him buying Havertz to start as a number 8 (as a Xhaka replacement) in the first half of the season. I believe this the biggest reason as to why Arsenal will most likely fall short of winning the title. Too many points were lost prior to January.

Most recently against Villa, he made 3 x blunders:
  • Started Zinchenko at LB
  • Didn't learn from his mistake and started Havertz to play the number 8 role
  • Started Jesus as a CF
As soon as the line-up was announced, I knew Arsenal were going to have an uphill task.

Arteta's lack of rotation and player development (particularly of squad players) leaves much to be desired.
If people want to do bhangra over Arteta that's their choice, but to sat he inherited a mess and GG / wenger couldn't do same job is disengious and a load of nonsense.

Wenger took over a club in a mess, dressing room fully of drunks, gamblers, some drug takers and players physically unfit for PL. On top of that players like Ian Wright, Adams etc.. wanting to leave due to Bruce rioch poor management. What wenger transformed Arsenal into was amazing

Then GG took over a mediocre Arsenal squad, massively under achieving players (6 seasons in a row trophyless). He changes the weak culture, built a team with numerous youth players.

Yet Mr zero ball knowledge wants to make comical comparisons

The points you have made are all valid as well.

If people want to do bhangra over Arteta that's their choice, but to sat he inherited a mess and GG / wenger couldn't do same job is disengious and a load of nonsense.

Wenger took over a club in a mess, dressing room fully of drunks, gamblers, some drug takers and players physically unfit for PL. On top of that players like Ian Wright, Adams etc.. wanting to leave due to Bruce rioch poor management. What wenger transformed Arsenal into was amazing

Then GG took over a mediocre Arsenal squad, massively under achieving players (6 seasons in a row trophyless). He changes the weak culture, built a team with numerous youth players.

Yet Mr zero ball knowledge wants to make comical comparisons

The points you have made are all valid as well.

It’s always the most clueless and deluded, who think they know the most.

Imagine still trying to justify the signings of Nicolas Pepe and Zinchenko.

Imagine comparing Zinchenko to TAA

Or imagine saying Arsenal attackers need 40 G/A and then saying another player should be judged on how much space he creates

I understand Internet feeds into caves in Peshawar may effect TV signals, but the nonsense knows no limits

First 2 are the same.

Less ticks.

📸
They are not the same. Taking over Arsenal when they were struggling to stay in the top half of the table would have been less challenging if Pep's City did not exist. Arteta not only had to face the challenge of rebuilding Arsenal but he also had to face the challenge of overcoming Pep's Man City.

Again, as long as you don't muster the courage to reply to post #928 in the Arteta thread, we cannot carry this debate forward. I understand that it was a little too much for you, but you can still try?

If I were you, I wouldn't take after claiming that Smith-Rowe is more talented and has better mentality than Odegaard. :klopp

I support Arsenal FC, not "get on your knees and worship arteta FC"

This club was here before Arteta and will be after.

People need to stop dry humping the manager like he's best manager in history of the game
Well he is the best manager in the last 15 years of Arsenal. Better than Arsene post 2005

So let's deal with facts

Title race - 6 years

GG (before he took over)

This post reconfirms three things that we knew already:

You have 0% ball knowledge, you know nothing about football's history and you also have a one track mind.

Only someone who possesses all three characteristics will compare the respective challenges that GG, AW and Arteta faced when they took over as Arsenal managers.

When Arsene Wenger took over as Arsenal manager in 1996, the gap between Arsenal and Man United was nothing compared to the gap between Arsenal and Man City (and Liverpool) when Arteta took over as Arsenal manager in 2019.

In the 1996-1997 season, Man United won the PL with only 75 points and only 7 points above Arsenal who finished third and AW had yet to make that team his own. That United team that won the league that season would lose 5-0 to Pep's Man City home and away and they would finish outside the top 4 in the PL in this era.

The next season, Arsenal won the league with 78 points and United finished second with 77 points which exposes the lack of quality in the PL at the time. Current City and Arsenal would smash both Arsenal and United that finished top two in 1996-1997.

Don't talk about competitiveness of the league etc. because again that is a myth. In the 90's there was no competitiveness. The PL was not even in the top 2-3 European leagues at the time, it was dominated by Italy and Spain at the time and even Germany was stronger for a brief period. The PL emerged as a major force in the 2000s and it was going to take some time before the impact of the breakaway PL in 1992 was going to show in terms of financial dominance.

In the mid to late 90s, pretty much all PL teams that finished outside the top 10 would be relegation fodder today, such was the poor quality of football that was being played at the time.

As a result, the challenge that Wenger had to face to establish Arsenal as the number one rival to Man United was nowhere near as difficult as the challenge of overcoming Pep in this era. There were no challengers at the time. Liverpool had declined rapidly in the 90's, Newcastle fell away after Keegan, Chelsea weren't there before the takeover in 2003. There was little money involved.

Wenger's most challenging period began when Chelsea changed football in 2003 and emerged as United biggest rival because Arsenal couldn't compete with Chelsea's resources and Wenger couldn't compete with Mourinho's tactics.

Now lets talk about GG. He won the league twice in 89 and 91 and Liverpool had 76 points in both seasons. How many points would Klopp's Liverpool achieve in 89 and 91, the same Liverpool have not beaten Arteta's Arsenal in the league for 2 years? They would amass at least 85 points if not more.

Similarly, Pep's Man City is clearly better than the Dalglish Liverpool team that GG overcame in 89 and 91. Liverpool's peak season in that era was 87-88 where they amassed 90 points and GG Arsenal's could not get near them.

I repeat what I said: Neither AW nor GG would have done any better than what Arteta has done in this era with the challenges that he has to overcome and the level of competition, intensity and quality of the league in this era. Both managers would have Arsenal huffing and puffing in the top half of the table and neither would have mounted a title challenge in these circumstances.

I would not rate Arteta higher than either of the two until he wins the league but my point is that until this point of his managerial career, he is clearly on the right path and on his way to establishing himself as one of Arsenal's greatest ever managers.

By the time he is done with his Arsenal career, we can look back and see how his achievements compare to AW and GG.

If he wins multiple league titles + a CL, I will rank him higher than AW and GG.

If he wins multiple league titles only, I will rank him on par.

If he doesn't win the league, I will rank him below them.

If prime AW and GG had taken over Arsenal in 2019, Arsenal wouldn't be in a better position than they are now.

Well he is the best manager in the last 15 years of Arsenal. Better than Arsene post 2005
🤣 we've had 2 managers since wenger.

What a statement 🤦‍♂️

Also best manager in last 15 years based on what?

1 trophy in 4.5 seasons in charge. Yet another fan who is rather clueless.

Arsenal's current 4 seasons without a trophy is worst in last decade for the club

😂😂 what utter nonsense, so now the old division 1 and PL back in late 90s was poor quality.

Facts are you didn't watch football in late 80s or 90s so do everyone a favour and stop talking out of your backside

🤣 we've had 2 managers since wenger.

What a statement 🤦‍♂️

Also best manager in last 15 years based on what?

1 trophy in 4.5 seasons in charge. Yet another fan who is rather clueless.

Arsenal's current 4 seasons without a trophy is worst in last decade for the club
No one cares about domestic cups. When you are Arsenal or United or Chelsea or Liverpool or City, you have to fight for the PL every season and anything less than that is not good enough.

I will keep giving you the same examples that you cannot counter. Wenger won 3 FA Cups in his last 4 years yet fans, including yourself, wanted him gone simply because he was not competing for the league title.

This and the last season for Arsenal have been far better than any of the four FA Cup winning seasons between 2014-2020 simply because Arsenal have challenged for the title.

If Arsenal were competing for the title in the last few years of Wenger like they are now, Arsenal fans wouldn’t want him out of the club even if he hadn’t won those FA Cups.

Look at United - they won a trophy last season and they are in another final this season, but a lot of United fans want him gone because he is not competing for the title and if you are United, domestic cups mean nothing if you are not fighting to win the league.

If Ten Hag has done exactly what Arteta did last season or has done this season, the vast majority of United fans would be happy with his progression and would fully back him.

😂😂 what utter nonsense, so now the old division 1 and PL back in late 90s was poor quality.

Facts are you didn't watch football in late 80s or 90s so do everyone a favour and stop talking out of your backside

It is a fact that the quality of the PL in this era is a lot higher than than it was in the 80’s and 90’s because the PL clubs have a lot more financial pull these days which allows them to sign the best players in the world.

Back then, most of the best players in the world would not go to England. Most of them would end up in Italy and Spain.

The PL’s financial strength has also allowed the lower half teams to be much stronger than they were two or three decades ago because they too can sign the second and third tier decent European footballers whereas in yesteryears, they were mainly relying on homegrown talents.

When Nottingham Forest got relegated in 1997, how many foreign players did they have and how many have they got today?

All this down playing of Arsenal past achievements just so they can worship a bottle job manager like he's some sort of footballing god.

So quit making up fantasy scenarios

Every team and manager is judged how they perform in the era they are in.

Vast majority of Arsenal fans in this thread haven't seen their team win league titles, so they have to resort to over hyping failed title races. Oh we finished 2nd instead of 5th. (Still trophyless) but let's have a parade.

One poster in particular is talking about 1980s and 1990s football in an era where he didn't even watch football.

Back